Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

First impressions ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you get a preconcieved idea of what someone will be like(off the forums) if you were to meet them in the flesh so to speak ?

Do you think your radar would be correct ?

Years ago i was at a social with those i had chatted to off a site (chatroom) and was quite amazed .

Those i presumed to be the life and soul of any party were the most boring people i had ever met.

It was their internet persona i knew and they were totally different in the flesh.

It seemed they became somone else or someone they wished they were while hiding behind the screen.

Whats your take on this and who do you reckon would be "good party" people ???? of the forums ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Blimey !!!

you lot dont have any !

now thats strange

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well as I'm hoping to meet a few off the forums next weekend I'm hoping they are all as hot, horny and as much fun as they seem on here xxx xxx

over a year ago

ive been to a cpl of socials, and i was right , the nice ones were very nice, and the twats were total twats lol

p.s not off here lol

over a year ago

Im just exactly the same,

Im a twat in real life too

over a year ago

Not quite sure how I will be at the social(s) as its my first one but I have Mr S. with me so think it will all be grand. He will be way more shy than me I think

over a year ago

"Not quite sure how I will be at the social(s) as its my first one but I have Mr S. with me so think it will all be grand. He will be way more shy than me I think "

dont forget to wear yr trousers tho mr o

over a year ago

"Not quite sure how I will be at the social(s) as its my first one but I have Mr S. with me so think it will all be grand. He will be way more shy than me I think

dont forget to wear yr trousers tho mr o "

Can't make any promises!

over a year ago

"Not quite sure how I will be at the social(s) as its my first one but I have Mr S. with me so think it will all be grand. He will be way more shy than me I think

dont forget to wear yr trousers tho mr o

Can't make any promises! "

good man

Forum Mod

over a year ago

All the people that I have met from the forums have been lovely

Mad.......but lovely

over a year ago

"All the people that I have met from the forums have been lovely

Mad.......but lovely "

Lovely? ya must have missed me then lol xx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"All the people that I have met from the forums have been lovely

Mad.......but lovely

Lovely? ya must have missed me then lol xx "

No I clearly remember your knotted hankie

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

i have no preconcieved idea's as i think we are all as mad as hatter's lol, but now i'm worried about how other's see me from the forum's and whether i'll live up to or down to their preconceived idea's one thing for sure i'll be who i am as thats who i am !!!!!!!

over a year ago

"i have no preconcieved idea's as i think we are all as mad as hatter's lol, but now i'm worried about how other's see me from the forum's and whether i'll live up to or down to their preconceived idea's one thing for sure i'll be who i am as thats who i am !!!!!!! "

You worry to much mate lol just let ya hair down and mix and ya will be fine honest xx

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"i have no preconcieved idea's as i think we are all as mad as hatter's lol, but now i'm worried about how other's see me from the forum's and whether i'll live up to or down to their preconceived idea's one thing for sure i'll be who i am as thats who i am !!!!!!!

You worry to much mate lol just let ya hair down and mix and ya will be fine honest xx "

hair? what hair if you think i'm turning up with me best syrup of fig's on for you lot to wreak then you can thin again lmao

over a year ago

If I find a person boring online, then he/she is ually boring in real life

over a year ago

OOOOOOOOOOOO i still wanna paint a face on that ass jo

over a year ago

could be me first van coff

over a year ago

Im a miserable bitch on here and in person

over a year ago

We've never been to a swinging party, but we have been members of loads of internet based car owners clubs and that sort of thing, where the day-to-day things are entirely forum based and we build up a picture of a person by the way they write.

When meeting them at the big socials though, it's very much a mixed bag.

One of my best friends now came from a car owners club. He was (and still is) a very dry writer and is rather boring. In person, it's just because he's from Yorkshire and he's actually a good laugh in person.

Conversely, one particular chap who called himself something flamboyant, wrote everything in a very flamboyant style and had an opinion on, quite literally, everything, turned out to be one of the slightest, most uninspiring and underwhelming people I've ever met.

Some people just don't like (or aren't very gifted at) writing. Some people articulate themselves as best they can to convey their personalities and others use the internet to reinvent themselves and dispense with any hang-ups or discomfort they may feel in 'real life' situations.

It's almost hypocritical of Grace and I, therefore, to judge people on here by the way they write their messages but ultimately we have to discriminate somehow and by-and-large people tend to make an effort when making introductions for a swing meet.

We reason that those who write one-liners are probably fairly lazy and/or don't have much to say for themselves. Who knows if we're write or not?

We're happy to say though that of the small number of meets we have had, we've yet to meet anyone whom we've wanted to escape from!

Post new Message to Thread