Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum Clique

Jump to newest

By *hole Lotta Rosie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Following on from another thread which mentioned the forum clique, I thought it was time for my confession

I haven't been on this site for very long, approx 4 months and the 1st place I began to visit, was these here forums, albeit just to read.

1st thing I thought was there is a clique! But as I have become to spend more time here and occasionally posting or replying and got to notice the regulars and their sense of humours and personalities, I quickly realised how wrong I was in assuming there was a clique, when in fact its a bunch of regular posters, whom a lot have been here a long time and have had the opportunity to meet each other too.

I'm not the best at getting my point across/explaining things, so hope this makes sense and I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

Happy posting, old and new forumites

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Following on from another thread which mentioned the forum clique, I thought it was time for my confession

I haven't been on this site for very long, approx 4 months and the 1st place I began to visit, was these here forums, albeit just to read.

1st thing I thought was there is a clique! But as I have become to spend more time here and occasionally posting or replying and got to notice the regulars and their sense of humours and personalities, I quickly realised how wrong I was in assuming there was a clique, when in fact its a bunch of regular posters, whom a lot have been here a long time and have had the opportunity to meet each other too.

I'm not the best at getting my point across/explaining things, so hope this makes sense and I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

Happy posting, old and new forumites "

Not the best at getting your point across...? Oh come now...... !! Lol!

And agree with all you have said - got the same impression, but if you throw yourself in at the deep end and get to learn what's going on (as best you can) you find that many of the regular posters are extremely nice people who are prepared to offer help and guidance 'in the background' which they don't brag about in the forums.

over a year ago

I was a newbie once, over 3 years ago!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's just school and starting later in the term than the others. Some will jump in with confidence and others will hold back until they feel comfortable. There will be 'gangs' you want to join and those you really want not to notice you. And whether you are the confident one or not there will always be a moment when you think how do I get in?

over a year ago

The same as I was at school, or uni, or work - I just plodded along in my own little world, quite happy to be on my own and mind my own business.

Peeps tend to ask me to join them rather than the other way round.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/09/12 21:37:53]

over a year ago

being wrong is part of being human.

those that can accept we all make mistakes are the better ones.

however i have been here on and off for a while now and you do learn something new now and then.

this is part of life. everyone's experiences are different and unique to them.

often shared on the forum because people think,act and do differently.

doesnt matter if your new or old.the forum provides teachings for all.

sometimes upsetting and another will be amusing.

the thing to keep in mind is that the person posting may not be always serious and this is the hard thing because you are unable to see that person's mood or behaviour.

but in all the forum is a good place and that includes you.

so keep posting and enjoying.

By *gentprovocateurWoman
over a year ago

leeds

[Removed by poster at 02/09/12 21:41:40]

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

The forum was one of the first places I came to as well, and I pretty much started posting after only a coupla weeks lurking...guess I could be considered a regular now nearly 12 months down the line and it's still my fave waste of time...met one or two regular posters, others are on my hitlist (sorry, wishlist) and I've never seen a clique, only a diverse group, some who appear to know each other personally - whether they do or not, I don't know...to borrow Obi's word (I think it's his) I love the flanter on here...Sometimes threads can get a bit personal and I've had PMs with various members regarding that and on occasion I've appealed for calm publicly (so to speak)...proud to say, I have not had a timeout as yet (fingers crossed)

**Off to call Ruggers a nasty name**

over a year ago

Deviant City

I'm lost for words but your all right. Thanks for replying

over a year ago

Although I've been on the site quite a few months I've just recently dipped my toe in the forums, I'm very sarcastic and sometimes feel I would upset the folks who are regulars and well established posters, I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers.

over a year ago

Ive noticed the top two forums as being good banter and great views i enjoy coming and posting its good fun i might not always agree but weres the fun in that lol x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Although I've been on the site quite a few months I've just recently dipped my toe in the forums, I'm very sarcastic and sometimes feel I would upset the folks who are regulars and well established posters, I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers. "

I think you have been careful in what you have posted

over a year ago

Everyone is entitled to his/her views and opinions, and that applies to newbies as well as the old timers.

I don't like it when peeps come across as holier than thou, and what he/she says must be right etc...

And that too applies to old timers as well as newbies.

over a year ago

Everyone thinks there is a forum clique, till they have posted several times then realise they too are part of it.

over a year ago

"Although I've been on the site quite a few months I've just recently dipped my toe in the forums, I'm very sarcastic and sometimes feel I would upset the folks who are regulars and well established posters, I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers.

I think you have been careful in what you have posted"

Well one 24 hour ban is more than enough for me

Well I have only had one 24 hour ban so far

over a year ago

I have been in the naughty corner twice, for the same reason!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers. "
kinky

over a year ago

"I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers. kinky "

I dont like my hands slapping tho, just my arse

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers. kinky

I dont like my hands slapping tho, just my arse "

I dont do hand slapping....so yer safe

over a year ago

"I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers. kinky

I dont like my hands slapping tho, just my arse I dont do hand slapping....so yer safe "

over a year ago

"Although I've been on the site quite a few months I've just recently dipped my toe in the forums, I'm very sarcastic and sometimes feel I would upset the folks who are regulars and well established posters, I keep slipping the odd one in n cross my fingers.

Well I have only had one 24 hour ban so far "

24hrs? You weren't very naughty then, were you...? I'm in the 48hr club personally.... Lol!

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

im a good girl me,not been banned but iv had two threads pulled

actually i was a bit ashamed of the last one,some guy was asking for advice and it just got a bit silly and juvenile

over a year ago

cliques?-all i see are clit's..mmmm

over a year ago

Deviant City

"cliques?-all i see are clit's..mmmm"

over a year ago

I'm working on it

24hrs? You weren't very naughty then, were you...? I'm in the 48hr club personally.... Lol!

"

over a year ago

"

In there with u lol

over a year ago

"

In there with u lol

over a year ago

of course ive been banned a few times.

i know a lot of people dont like me so look to click the report button when i give them the bullet.

but you know i dont feel anything towards them but pity.

if reporting me makes them feel bigger and better then i feel so sorry thats all they have to do with their day.

but in general this forum and a few others i visit are ok.

i look mainly to learn from people on here, some of the woman are intelligent and it is these i take most from.

only way to know what a woman likes is to listen to a good one.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I've had a few threads pulled or closed, mainly cos I moaned about certain indviduals so I agree with them. I have been sent to the naughty step and quite rightly so.

Yes, on occasions I feel some get away with stuff but I guess it is all down to the mods n other users knowing what someone s like. (This isnt a mod bashing post btw!)

I disagree with an extensive clique but agree some posters are known better than others (if that makes sense)

Post new Message to Thread