Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I thought I was on a sex site

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've seen it twice today, with the standard responses.

I like the lounge because there is a hotch potch of threads, mostly unrelated to sex. I enjoy reading what people have to say and gleaning what they might be like from their posts. It has also lead to me reading womens' profiles, something I had never thought to do before.

I also like the swapping of expertise. There is so much covered and so many people ready to bring their knowledge (and opinions) to a post.

Many men I have met find the forum annoying or boring but I haven't followed this up with them.

If you are a reader but not much of a poster or a regular what do you get from it?

Would you prefer the site to stick to swinging and sex topics only?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hell no...its not all about sex....but the best sex comes when ur mind is stimulated...I like to hear others spin on things...

over a year ago

there are enough sex topics discussed daily...i think theres more room to show personalities..after all..thats what most on the forums say is important for meets.I know many who never ever use the forums, or read them...so alot of them wouldnt be interested in much of the sex talk, or anything else

over a year ago

I like the variety of topics and I am glad it's not all sex related. I have learned quite a few things and like all the different opinions.

It's lovely to see personalities shine through. Although I am not very good at expressing myself on the forums but I have no problems in normal conversation. Therefore I am more of a reader than a contributor.

over a year ago

I love the lounge as the people posting are so diverse, that so many interesting things come out.

I love the humour on here, it gives me plenty to chuckle about.

It also amazes me how quickly news gets on here, especially obits!

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Also a comment on a totally non sexual subject led to a meet for me

over a year ago

"Also a comment on a totally non sexual subject led to a meet for me "

There's the selling point for the single men who can't get a meet.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well most of my friends have been made via the forums. I love the lounge its like a day trip to the asylum and so random. If someone wants to use it as a "sex site" thats up to them but i find socializing part of the fun

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Me to x

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

That is one of the phrases on a site that winds me up the most....

"sorry... am i suppose to dumb everything down to sex, and while I am here talk about sex 24/7!!"

I'd like to think that I am more than just about "sex".....

over a year ago

yeah ive had couple of meets because of the forums

over a year ago

"I love the lounge as the people posting are so diverse, that so many interesting things come out.

I love the humour on here, it gives me plenty to chuckle about.

It also amazes me how quickly news gets on here, especially obits! "

All of the above. It does seem to be faster than most RSS feeds.

over a year ago

"Also a comment on a totally non sexual subject led to a meet for me

yeah ive had couple of meets because of the forums "

Ok - now I'm feeling slighted with all of you posting that you get meets from here.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Well ive had a meet from someone who doesnt post on the forums but is a lurker, messaging me cause he didnt know what the hell i was going on about

over a year ago

"Hell no...its not all about sex....but the best sex comes when ur mind is stimulated...I like to hear others spin on things..."

Sex doesn't happen for me unless my mind is stimulated.

over a year ago

"there are enough sex topics discussed daily...i think theres more room to show personalities..after all..thats what most on the forums say is important for meets.I know many who never ever use the forums, or read them...so alot of them wouldnt be interested in much of the sex talk, or anything else"

The personalities is what has got me hooked on reading things on here.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I like the variety of topics and I am glad it's not all sex related. I have learned quite a few things and like all the different opinions.

It's lovely to see personalities shine through. Although I am not very good at expressing myself on the forums but I have no problems in normal conversation. Therefore I am more of a reader than a contributor."

Same here

Plus I like the occasional perv of profiles that I wouldn't normally come across.

over a year ago

Its also great for information and advice, lots of well informed intelligent people who make great sounding boards.

Also good for local knowledge. I occasional travel for work, when I have been away I have asked on here for hotel and restaurant recommendations and fabsters have always come up trumps

over a year ago

"I like the variety of topics and I am glad it's not all sex related. I have learned quite a few things and like all the different opinions.

It's lovely to see personalities shine through. Although I am not very good at expressing myself on the forums but I have no problems in normal conversation. Therefore I am more of a reader than a contributor.

Plus I like the occasional perv of profiles that I wouldn't normally come across. "

+1

over a year ago

I believe the Lounge is like a pub, where peeps can gather and talk about anything under the sun, and would like to keep it that way.

I would not participate in threads and subject matters that do not interest me, just like I would in a pub - I would walk away and change table/crowd/whatever.

Simple, really.

over a year ago

Love readin the forums from everywhere but generally my opinion's been expressed already so rarely contribute. But defo agree it's a good way to get to know peeps before deciding on a meet.

over a year ago

Same here

Plus I like the occasional perv of profiles that I wouldn't normally come across. "

uve came across me? mmmMMmmmmm

over a year ago

"I believe the Lounge is like a pub, where peeps can gather and talk about anything under the sun, and would like to keep it that way.

I would not participate in threads and subject matters that do not interest me, just like I would in a pub - I would walk away and change table/crowd/whatever.

Simple, really. "

Good analogy, especially with all of the (virtual) drinking that goes on here.

over a year ago

Then of course there are those who are not capable of creating a thread and who do not have the wit to join in with an intellectual debate... Those who need attention but have no social graces, who need to resort to being negative to be noticed...

Course, I could be wrong...;-)

over a year ago

"Love readin the forums from everywhere but generally my opinion's been expressed already so rarely contribute. But defo agree it's a good way to get to know peeps before deciding on a meet."

Why do you feel that if someone has expressed a view you hold you shouldn't express yours? Your turn of phrase my turn the conversation, even though the fundamental view might be the same.

over a year ago

"Then of course there are those who are not capable of creating a thread and who do not have the wit to join in with an intellectual debate... Those who need attention but have no social graces, who need to resort to being negative to be noticed...

Course, I could be wrong...;-)"

Not all of the debates are intellectual or witty.

over a year ago

"Then of course there are those who are not capable of creating a thread and who do not have the wit to join in with an intellectual debate... Those who need attention but have no social graces, who need to resort to being negative to be noticed...

Have you ever been wrong?

over a year ago

"That is one of the phrases on a site that winds me up the most....

"sorry... am i suppose to dumb everything down to sex, and while I am here talk about sex 24/7!!"

I'd like to think that I am more than just about "sex"....."

One of the things I like about your posts is that they are rarely about sex. I get the sense that you bide your time and drop in judicious comments when they are needed.

over a year ago

"Same here

I didn't realise perving happened and is acceptable until I joined the forum and realised everyone does it.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I come here to improve my english. I can't see how only sex topics will help me

over a year ago

Have you ever been wrong? "

Only once...;-)

I left Chams way too soon...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I come here to improve my english. I can't see how only sex topics will help me"

would you like some personal one to one tuition

over a year ago

"I've seen it twice today, with the standard responses.

I like the lounge because there is a hotch potch of threads, mostly unrelated to sex. I enjoy reading what people have to say and gleaning what they might be like from their posts. It has also lead to me reading womens' profiles, something I had never thought to do before.

I also like the swapping of expertise. There is so much covered and so many people ready to bring their knowledge (and opinions) to a post.

Many men I have met find the forum annoying or boring but I haven't followed this up with them.

If you are a reader but not much of a poster or a regular what do you get from it?

"

I use the forums as a way of introducing myself and getting known, it gives me a chance to show my humorous side as well as my naughty side!

By *ll of a QuiverCouple
over a year ago

Douglas

We post occasionally on threads which catch our interest, but more often than not we just like to read the various threads that get posted everyday.

over a year ago

" Course, I could be wrong...;-)

Not all of the debates are intellectual or witty."

Thankfully... Or I wouldnt be able to post...

*My post was directed towards those who interrupt a thread with the type of comment mentioned in the OP...;-)*

By *af90Man
over a year ago

Anywhere in the South West

One of the things I enjoy with this forum (the other is my football clubs forum) is that it keeps blowing away ones pre-conceived ideas of what you're going to find. Yesterday there was a thread regarding squatting (as in people illegally living in a property owned by other persons, not the position!). My input was a lame joke, but I was impressed by the knowledge of others regarding the law in regard to this activity and realised, not for the first time, how little I know about alot of things!

over a year ago

"One of the things I enjoy with this forum (the other is my football clubs forum) is that it keeps blowing away ones pre-conceived ideas of what you're going to find. Yesterday there was a thread regarding squatting (as in people illegally living in a property owned by other persons, not the position!). My input was a lame joke, but I was impressed by the knowledge of others regarding the law in regard to this activity and realised, not for the first time, how little I know about alot of things! "

There's always room for a lame joke - just the one, mind.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

More than one surely .....

over a year ago

"More than one surely ..... "

That must be a cue... don't call me Shirley.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"More than one surely .....

That must be a cue... don't call me Shirley."

The British will Queue for the opening of an envelope Shirley

over a year ago

That must be a cue... don't call me Shirley.

The British will Queue for the opening of an envelope Shirley"

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"I come here to improve my english. I can't see how only sex topics will help me

would you like some personal one to one tuition "

When can we start???

over a year ago

That must be a cue... don't call me Shirley."

Lol

over a year ago

I love the forums, have learnt loads, made lots of friends, had a great laugh and luckily never been slated although there is always chance that can happen - oh and have been given some good advice tooo - and been helped by some very friendly and nice peeps - thank u all

over a year ago

I just find the forums a nice easy way to avoid work!

Not that I usually need much tempting to avoid it - but I do love the fact I can sit in here for hours generally just having a laugh, some flanter and catching up on the news (as I don't tend to watch it or read papers!).

All from the comfort of my home/car/bed/bath/work - without worrying about how I look or have I done my hair!!

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

i love the forums,sometimes i lurk sometimes i join in and sometimes i just perv the pics

over a year ago

Overall I like the forum, but the little clique on here gets on my tits

over a year ago

"Overall I like the forum, but the little clique on here gets on my tits "

If there is one - and i've yet to see an invite - i'd be disappointed if it wasn't huge rather than little!!

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

just join in i do,people dont take any notice of my drivel but it makes me feel good

over a year ago

"Overall I like the forum, but the little clique on here gets on my tits

If there is one - and i've yet to see an invite - i'd be disappointed if it wasn't huge rather than little!! "

I'm sure you know the main offenders fairly well

over a year ago

"just join in i do,people dont take any notice of my drivel but it makes me feel good "

I do, but theres no avoiding them

over a year ago

If there is one - and i've yet to see an invite - i'd be disappointed if it wasn't huge rather than little!!

I'm sure you know the main offenders fairly well"

Seriously? No.

I know a lot of people who've met, know eachothers points of view and will post on eachothers threads - but as for a 'list' - i'm honestly clueless - and also honestly couldn't care less!

I post when I want, avoid when I want and leave others to do so as they wish.

If there's any 'close nit community' amongst posters then that's natural of any website - but I've yet to see (and maybe it's just the blinfold I wera occasionally!) and 'pack mentality' jumping on people from lofty pedestals!

And if they did - i'd just ignore them and crack on as usual!

over a year ago

So if you couldn't care less I don't get why you're referring to what I said

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"just join in i do,people dont take any notice of my drivel but it makes me feel good

I do, but theres no avoiding them "

carry on regardless,im sure i spout a lot of nonsense,i do occasionally go into adolescence mode but who cares its all good fun

over a year ago

"just join in i do,people dont take any notice of my drivel but it makes me feel good

I do, but theres no avoiding them carry on regardless,im sure i spout a lot of nonsense,i do occasionally go into adolescence mode but who cares its all good fun "

Fair play to you! We should start our own clique lol

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"there are enough sex topics discussed daily...i think theres more room to show personalities..after all..thats what most on the forums say is important for meets"
I d agree with that - love the variety and at the end of the day we all have the choice of joining, lurking, posting or reading only.

over a year ago

I do, but theres no avoiding them "

When we first joined Fabs we got the impression there was a clique on the forums, but far from it. It is just that there are number - a large number - of regular contributors who are quite happy to give their twopennyworth on almost any subject. But YOU can say what you like - on anything. Anyone badmouthing you can get banned, anyone not posting according to the rules can also get banned (as I found out to my cost!! Lol!), but everyone has as much right to say what they want either as an OP or to any thread on here.

However, if someone wants to post comments and expects not to have their viewpoint challenged and possibly dissected and rejected, then maybe they do not have a sufficiently mature attitude to contribute to forums such as these?

It's no different on non-swinging websites - I was an admin/moderator of a history forum last year and the stupidity of people who can't handle their own 'hurt feelings' by being challenged was staggering. A large number of toys got thrown out of prams on there, and it's no different on here at times.

It's just the human condition, I suppose....

over a year ago

oh i do wish people would name these clique members

over a year ago

It's more that points made are ignored or laughed at, or the thread is turned into a 'private' conversation between 2 or more people

over a year ago

"So if you couldn't care less I don't get why you're referring to what I said"

Simply because I can.

No sinister motive!

I reply to a lot of posts - sometimes with a serious contribution, sometimes funny (allegedly, anyway!) and sometimes just because I'm waiting for something else to crop up that I fancy replying to! Yours just happened to be something I fancied replying to!

I can go hide in the wardrobe again if you like?

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"It's more that points made are ignored or laughed at, or the thread is turned into a 'private' conversation between 2 or more people"
oh iv lost count of the threads iv commented on that died immediatly afterwards but thats just forums for you,take it all with a pinch of salt

over a year ago

"

Simply because I can.No sinister motive! I reply to a lot of posts - sometimes with a serious contribution, sometimes funny (allegedly, anyway!) and sometimes just because I'm waiting for something else to crop up that I fancy replying to! Yours just happened to be something I fancied replying to!

I can go hide in the wardrobe again if you like? "

Again??

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I only post if a subject interests me, or gets my blood boiling (just have to look at my history to find out which ones!)

But I am addicted to them, some make me laugh out loud and others just leave me sitting shaking my head and then there are the posts I sit and wonder why post in the first place....but hey, each to their own as they say

over a year ago

"

Simply because I can.No sinister motive! I reply to a lot of posts - sometimes with a serious contribution, sometimes funny (allegedly, anyway!) and sometimes just because I'm waiting for something else to crop up that I fancy replying to! Yours just happened to be something I fancied replying to!

I can go hide in the wardrobe again if you like?

Again?? "

Don't worry - I meant mine - not yours!!! Those holes in the door weren't me - honest!!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm sure you know the main offenders fairly well"

If there is a clique it seems that some people believe that I'm part of it!

If that is in any sense true it's only because I sharpened my elbows and refused to stop throwing my twopenorth into the mix even when it was ignored.

I have met some forumites, others I'm working on (mwahahahaha!) and I'm sure that there are others I may meet and find that they are not how I expected them to be.

This forum is a little different ti many online forums in that the nature of the site means that people actually meet in realife.

This does not make us hugely bonded. Nor does it mean we can circumvent the forum rules - I've had timeouts, I guess most regular posters have too. And I'm reasonably certain that my timeouts were not caused by a culture of reporting posts that don't toe the clique party line - in fact I drew the mods attention to one dodgy post myself!

I have been on forums and seen cliques at work. Yes it can seem that a witty quip you're really proud of gets ignored cos the threads been hijacked. Yes stupid questions and comments will get slammed. The only reason the regulars don't get slammed (much) is because we all fell into the obvious pitfalls when we started posting.

I also have to say that there have been recent threads by newbies that I have expected to get harsh treatment but which have actually had serious and well thought out advice offered.

over a year ago

Or not.....

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

Or not..... "

you wrong...never

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"It's more that points made are ignored or laughed at, or the thread is turned into a 'private' conversation between 2 or more peopleoh iv lost count of the threads iv commented on that died immediatly afterwards but thats just forums for you,take it all with a pinch of salt "

. Naff all to do with cliques. Yes, on occasions I admiit I have thought "whoa, thats a bit harsh from another poster or how come they get away with that!) " but not knowing people's time outs is one thing.

Even though I have thought (wrongly!) Some get away with it, they actually dont.

Back to original post.... I agree, I dont liike the whole "thought iit was a sex site".... How dare there be an alterantive to sexual opinions/ideas/meets

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch giiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllll !

I have a lovely voice

Thanks.

You're welcome

x

over a year ago

If cliques = love in's, then yes, there are a few little cliques about, let's not kid ourselves that they do not exist.

I am not aware of being part of any clique, I just post whatever and whenever I fancy.

over a year ago

"One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch giiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllll !

I have a lovely voice

Thanks.

You're welcome

x"

Hell Granny...

Even when ya meds wear off, ya one sexy Crumpet....

over a year ago

"It's more that points made are ignored or laughed at, or the thread is turned into a 'private' conversation between 2 or more people"

There are too many people to control all of their moods, responses and views - there really is no point in trying. Some will laugh at others and it will appear cruel to yet others and they will pull them up on it.

A thread may trigger a thought for one person that leads to that thread changing direction.

Sometimes, you end up responding to one person in particular. Just as has happened a couple of times on this thread and well illustrated by the exchanges to your post.

I have not met any of the regular forum contributors and have no expectations that I will. I do feel I have forged a virtual friendship with some and others I enjoy reading what they have written, even if it makes me cross.

Is that of value or should we be limited to swinging and sex?

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"If cliques = love in's, then yes, there are a few little cliques about, let's not kid ourselves that they do not exist.

I am not aware of being part of any clique, I just post whatever and whenever I fancy.

"

Good post

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I have a lovely voice

Thanks.

You're welcome

x

Hell Granny...

Even when ya meds wear off, ya one sexy Crumpet.... "

Thank you for the back door incineration .

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

You'll have the sycophants, those getting around filters turning threads into love ins etc, just ignore them and post...they amuse me.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I have a lovely voice

Thanks.

You're welcome

x"

Time for your medication review Gran!

over a year ago

"It's more that points made are ignored or laughed at, or the thread is turned into a 'private' conversation between 2 or more people

You'll have the sycophants, those getting around filters turning threads into love ins etc, just ignore them and post...they amuse me.

"

I lurve your new avatar

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I have a lovely voice

Thanks.

You're welcome

x

Time for your medication review Gran! "

If you are good I'll lay off the blue smarties.

over a year ago

I have a lovely voice

Thanks.

You're welcome

x

Hell Granny...

Even when ya meds wear off, ya one sexy Crumpet....

Thank you for the back door incineration .

"

Ah! My dear Ms Crumpet...

One has long attempted to access, by whatever portal, and whilst the rear port cullis is not my prefered, any gleanings are dutifully received...

*Bows low and returns Fenwards...*

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"It's more that points made are ignored or laughed at, or the thread is turned into a 'private' conversation between 2 or more people

I lurve your new avatar"

Thank you

over a year ago

Licketysplits I can't copy your long post for some reason but I do agree with what you said

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Im just BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRED!

Gone to unbore myself xx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Licketysplits I can't copy your long post for some reason but I do agree with what you said "

Do you know to just press the quote button ?

over a year ago

"Licketysplits I can't copy your long post for some reason but I do agree with what you said "

Try responding from the "+quote" tab...

over a year ago

I did but I'm on my phone and sometimes it just messes up

By *gentprovocateurWoman
over a year ago

leeds

i like the fun stuff, it cheers me up x

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

"

No, of course not..

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Overall I like the forum, but the little clique on here gets on my tits "

see you may see it as a clique... I am going to look at it a bit differently...

I see it as many people who have met each other at socials and other events up and down the country (for example a lot may have been at the bikini party last week)

I see it as people who have been on here for a while and been thru experiences together.....

I always use to the "local pub" scenario where it takes time... because you are going into groups where people DO know each other..... they will have talked, and know up to a point how each other think or get a point across.... which can be misconstrued sometimes by people who are new....

remember... we must be doing something right, if the forums were not as lievely as they were, then newer people like yourselves would not be tempted to join in

By *inkyboots84Woman
over a year ago

east yorkshire

Same here

snap x

over a year ago

see you may see it as a clique... I am going to look at it a bit differently...

I see it as many people who have met each other at socials and other events up and down the country (for example a lot may have been at the bikini party last week)

I see it as people who have been on here for a while and been thru experiences together.....

I always use to the "local pub" scenario where it takes time... because you are going into groups where people DO know each other..... they will have talked, and know up to a point how each other think or get a point across.... which can be misconstrued sometimes by people who are new....

remember... we must be doing something right, if the forums were not as lievely as they were, then newer people like yourselves would not be tempted to join in"

I like the idea of the "local pub", just as in real life there are those who sit at the end of the bar, nursing their half pint, and those who will take the bull by the horns and chat to the bar staff, or the person next to them.

I am constantly amazed by some of the topics on the forums, such as the recent "Shakespeare" one, and others, which make me very glad that I joined the site, even if I never have a meet, I will be entertained daily

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

No offence, but I see the whole walking into a pub and speaking your mind on an internet forum totally different.

You enter a forum on your own and have your own opinions, would you walk over to crowd of 'strangers' and disagree with them in a pub? Nah. Dont thnk so.

Internet forums and pubs are totally different, especially as a female in my eyes, and I can talk about football as well as the next man. Internet forums and pubs are totally different in my eyes!

over a year ago

No offence taken!

I was referring to the fact that it was like just sitting on the sidelines in the forums, and reading the, or choosing to join in.

And yes, whilst internet forums and pubs ARE different, for some it does take the same amount of confidence to join the topic, as it would to speak to other people in a pub.

The major difference is, that on a forum you can be much more vocal, and voice your opinions more, as you do not have to look people in the eye when you are disagreeing with them, you have the safety of your computer screen to hide behind, should you so choose!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/09/12 00:26:07]

over a year ago

I have been known to disagree with strangers in a pub, and on my own too, oh yes.

over a year ago

"No offence taken!

I was referring to the fact that it was like just sitting on the sidelines in the forums, and reading the, or choosing to join in.

And yes, whilst internet forums and pubs ARE different, for some it does take the same amount of confidence to join the topic, as it would to speak to other people in a pub.

The major difference is, that on a forum you can be much more vocal, and voice your opinions more, as you do not have to look people in the eye when you are disagreeing with them, you have the safety of your computer screen to hide behind, should you so choose!

"

Long before internet fora I have known people who would happily join in any conversation in a pub if it took their fancy. Annoying at times but I still love them.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"No offence taken!

Long before internet fora I have known people who would happily join in any conversation in a pub if it took their fancy. Annoying at times but I still love them."

I still do that and know others that do also.....go to most pubs in Dublin and you will find lots do....in fact i would say its nice for people to join in....and have the craic

over a year ago

"the swapping of expertise" very good, here one can, as one has already said, "like a pub" gain knowledge and set the world to rights! pity a few government ministers dont read the forums and learn to live in the real world! go for it people!

Post new Message to Thread