Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Olympics

Jump to newest

By *tarburst babydoll OP   Man
over a year ago

Dingwall

I have found myself watching quite a lot of the Olympics as the hubby has had it on and have really enjoyed watching a lot of sports that we don't usually see. Normally I only watch the athletics and hockey.

After winning his 7th gold to go ahead of Sir Bradley, Sir Steve and Sir Chris I don't suppose the bookies would take a bet on Jason Kenny getting knighted.

It's been a great games for GB, to finish 4th in the medal table above Russia and Australia is marvelous.

The thing I think I will miss most is waking up every morning o Sam Quek, she is so hot. I know she is married but I wonder if she swings both ways.

One final question. If the Norway women's beach volleyball team were fined for wearing shorts instead of bikinis why do the men's team not have to wear speedos?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

She’s an ex hockey player of cause she swings

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I have found myself watching quite a lot of the Olympics as the hubby has had it on and have really enjoyed watching a lot of sports that we don't usually see. Normally I only watch the athletics and hockey.

After winning his 7th gold to go ahead of Sir Bradley, Sir Steve and Sir Chris I don't suppose the bookies would take a bet on Jason Kenny getting knighted.

It's been a great games for GB, to finish 4th in the medal table above Russia and Australia is marvelous.

The thing I think I will miss most is waking up every morning o Sam Quek, she is so hot. I know she is married but I wonder if she swings both ways.

One final question. If the Norway women's beach volleyball team were fined for wearing shorts instead of bikinis why do the men's team not have to wear speedos? "

Because their 'safety' isn't as important as the women's. Apparently tiny bikini bottoms are required on safety grounds according to the governing body

I've loved all of the olympics and usual and cannot wait for the paralympics to start!

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Enjoyed these games after such a tipsy turvy year. Been nice to see.

Well done team GB

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

That kenny Kieran ride may also be the moment of the Olympics for me…. But there have been so many!!!! So looking forward to the BBC doing their 1-2 hr round up of the games… it will be epic!

over a year ago

Enjoyed it immensely, for a tiny Island we’ve done dam well , hurrah to Great Britain

By *tarburst babydoll OP   Man
over a year ago

Dingwall

"That kenny Kieran ride may also be the moment of the Olympics for me…. But there have been so many!!!! So looking forward to the BBC doing their 1-2 hr round up of the games… it will be epic! "

It was a great moment as Kenny looked well off the pace throughout the games but went for it but as you say there have been so many. The girl in the BMX who had fallen twice and went for it again to go for gold rather than go safe for a silver or bronze. The look on the American was epic when she nailed it.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Couldn't pick a moment but that Kate French winning Gold in the Pentathlon was good, as was the triathlon relay. India beating GB mens hockey was impressive (they ran rings around them), GB weightlifting woman. That self funded welsh boxer, Muir getting silver, Hodgkinson getting gold. Mens Italian 100m winner, the Jamaican 100m winner. Some of those swimmers, speed climbers, high/triple jumpers and figurative ballet where they throw hoops/ribbons was good.

Given there was so much controversy at the start, it was a good games and seemed to have a community type close/handover.

over a year ago

Im sad that it's over as ive enjoyed having it on in the background.

I've liked horsey stuff, diving, cycling and gymnastics

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Funding, I wonder what the team GB funding is like compared to our other European friends?

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Fingers crossed for team GB at the paralympics 2 weeks. Bring home another haul.

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

I like the Olympics, being able to watch sports that aren’t usually broadcast

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Sam is lovely...so attractive!

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's been a brilliant Olympics, especially given the situation.

I've loved watching so many sports that I wouldn't normally.

Apart from our medals, my favourite was probably the Indian chap winning javelin.

I also want to know which madman dreamt up the modern pentathlon. Who in their right mind puts fencing, horse jumping with a horse you don't know, shooting, swimming and running together?

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"It's been a brilliant Olympics, especially given the situation.

Apart from our medals, my favourite was probably the Indian chap winning javelin.

I also want to know which madman dreamt up the modern pentathlon. Who in their right mind puts fencing, horse jumping with a horse you don't know, shooting, swimming and running together?"

A former Calvary officer.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"It's been a brilliant Olympics, especially given the situation.

I also want to know which madman dreamt up the modern pentathlon. Who in their right mind puts fencing, horse jumping with a horse you don't know, shooting, swimming and running together?

A former Calvary officer."

That would make sense

By *ctionnotwords69Man
over a year ago

ENFIELD

Looking forward to the new sport in Paris 2024 line-up...."Le Breaking"...

By *ctionnotwords69Man
12 weeks ago

ENFIELD

"Looking forward to the new sport in Paris 2024 line-up...."Le Breaking"... "

Bump

Post new Message to Thread