Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Facebook and swinging

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Never mix the two.. Thought I could trust someone to respect my privacy in regards to my swinging life an family life... Obv he felt that because I did not respond quick enough to his messages on facebook he decides to put all over my profile that I am a swinger... charming!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Oh no, thats not nice

By *mf4BxJCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

Shit! Did people see it? Lesson here, never the two shall meet!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Christ!!! You alright??

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Thats shit.

But yep, never mix the two for this very reason...

over a year ago

Yeah managed to get it all off before too long had past before he had posted it.. I just need to find his profile on here and block it...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well im sorry it happened, but its a lesson on who to trust. I rarely use facebook anyway, but the only people that have my account are my very good friends. It could of been much worse

over a year ago

"Well im sorry it happened, but its a lesson on who to trust. I rarely use facebook anyway, but the only people that have my account are my very good friends. It could of been much worse"

Very very true.... xx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

What a cockhead!

over a year ago

A big no no. Facebook is for family and close friends. Never mix the two thats what msn is for.

over a year ago

Im not saying i dont trust men.. but only have one male fab member on my facebook..

over a year ago

I literally was about to give my facebook to someone i've met a few times off here......great timing for the post lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

only one word for such a person..maggot

over a year ago

Have to say i have a few fab friends on my facebook and know they are very trustworthy

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think most people think they add people they can trust..........until they do something wrong and the shit hits the fan

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Im not saying i dont trust men.. but only have one male fab member on my facebook.."

Do you think its limited to men? Can women not do that sort of thing? You know what women are like when they get their bitch heads on

over a year ago

I am just glad I was quick enough to get all of it off my page....

over a year ago

"I am just glad I was quick enough to get all of it off my page.... "

Fingers crossed that no one got to read it before hand. What an arse........

over a year ago

"Im not saying i dont trust men.. but only have one male fab member on my facebook..

Do you think its limited to men? Can women not do that sort of thing? You know what women are like when they get their bitch heads on"

The women im friends with have young family like myself so im hoping that kind of childish behaviour would never happen

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Yeah managed to get it all off before too long had past before he had posted it.. I just need to find his profile on here and block it... "

Shit that's bad. Did you know him well?

over a year ago

"Yeah managed to get it all off before too long had past before he had posted it.. I just need to find his profile on here and block it...

Shit that's bad. Did you know him well?"

It seems not well enough....

over a year ago

Hope you're ok. If someone saw it just say he was being an idiot because you wouldn't go out with him and laugh it off. xx

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Yeah managed to get it all off before too long had past before he had posted it.. I just need to find his profile on here and block it...

Shit that's bad. Did you know him well?

It seems not well enough...."

Chin up chick. Block his sorry arse

over a year ago

That's why I allow people I meet through fab or any other site to add me on facebook but only after i've met them first so i know what sort of person they are like and gage whether they can be trusted or not or at least outline what I don't expect on facebook.

over a year ago

He tried to add me as a friend again the cheeky bugger!!

over a year ago

"He tried to add me as a friend again the cheeky bugger!!"

colin did the same to me.. kept saying no and he just went off on one. wait til i see him next i'll ring his bloomin neck the cocky twat... lol

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

On Facebook I assume? Shouldn't be able to do it on here

over a year ago

"He tried to add me as a friend again the cheeky bugger!!

On Facebook I assume? Shouldn't be able to do it on here"

Yep forgot to block.. Then went to block and he had blocked me...

By *hickencurryCouple
over a year ago

brisbane

what a nasty thing to do, believing in karma does help though.

over a year ago

Wow, that's bad. Hope you are ok xxx

over a year ago

Thats a shame...I have a good load of pals from over the years, there are clues in adding people to ur facebook that should give u an idea of them:

most folk i know, have family and friends..they wouldnt want their 'other' activities discussed in facebook..I'm the same.

What does it look like he uses facebook for then???...blank profile, very few pics of anything other than himself?-lists of friends, mostly all women, some page 3 types..

I dont understand anyone adding facebook friends they havent met or havent known a bloody good decent time.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Yep forgot to block.. Then went to block and he had blocked me... "

Aww that's means you have gone and upset the silly numpty bollocks

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Yep forgot to block.. Then went to block and he had blocked me... "

Don't forget to block him - use an old message or go into your block list and type his user name in.

over a year ago

often think of openin a "swinging" facebook account cos its an easier way to stay in contact arrange a meet and flirt with people. just think a completly seperate account might b the way to go could block all friends and family and have fab user name instead od real name

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

You need to be much more careful than that. A lady on this site posted on the forums that she had complained to a major company (I have deliberately withheld the name) using their FB site. As she used her real name on here (which wasn't such a common name) we had a look and traced her. We could see all her friends and family. We told her what we had done (trying not to look like stalkers) so she could delete the details and to be more careful in the future.

Dave

over a year ago

"A big no no. Facebook is for family and close friends. Never mix the two thats what msn is for. "
Your so right xx

over a year ago

"You need to be much more careful than that. A lady on this site posted on the forums that she had complained to a major company (I have deliberately withheld the name) using their FB site. As she used her real name on here (which wasn't such a common name) we had a look and traced her. We could see all her friends and family. We told her what we had done (trying not to look like stalkers) so she could delete the details and to be more careful in the future.

Dave"

but i dont use our real names on here and have a seperate swinging email/msn account to our everday 1's so would people b able to trace us??

over a year ago

"A big no no. Facebook is for family and close friends. Never mix the two thats what msn is for. Your so right xx "

I dont see how it is right?- my 30 odd friends from here,other older sites of the same nature manage to compose ourselves.Only people that appear to have problems are those who choose shite fab contacts to add to it.If ur only adding people out of one common interest ie SEX...then u have problem understanding when its appropriate to have ppl anywhere near ur family and friends.I'll go on my years of experience as a rule, and that of my friends on it...very very rarely have I ever seen any of them have idiots posting on sex detail their walls etc

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

WE was friends on here with a couple (had not met them). A week or so later Nick got a friends request from the male partner (she had never spoke to them). I had never given our last name either. They was on our msn (which we only use for fab) list. I think the connection was one of our msn friends was (also a swinger) is a fb friend too (they introduced us to the scene). A link can be established so be careful.

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"Never mix the two.. Thought I could trust someone to respect my privacy in regards to my swinging life an family life... Obv he felt that because I did not respond quick enough to his messages on facebook he decides to put all over my profile that I am a swinger... charming!!! "

i meet someone from here gave her my facebook after our meet and by the time i got home i had way too many messages on fab, facebook and my texts mobile so deleted the her off facebook as i could see something like that coming take it as lesson learnt and move on we all learn from our mistakes when i asked why so many messages she said "you didn't reply quick enough"

over a year ago

I have a few trusted swinging friends on Facebook. I was very careful when deciding to add them.

That said... I have 'played'with a few old school friends and a couple of work colleagues from Facebook

over a year ago

I deleted my old account as I had too many friends requests, created a new one that blocks everything.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

luckily all the friends i have added fro here to my fb have so far respected the fact that i dont want my extra curricular activities splashed all over the place

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"You need to be much more careful than that. A lady on this site posted on the forums that she had complained to a major company (I have deliberately withheld the name) using their FB site. As she used her real name on here (which wasn't such a common name) we had a look and traced her. We could see all her friends and family. We told her what we had done (trying not to look like stalkers) so she could delete the details and to be more careful in the future.

Dave

but i dont use our real names on here and have a seperate swinging email/msn account to our everday 1's so would people b able to trace us?? "

I chatted on my 'perv' email account to someone on his 'perv' email account.

When I signed up to FB using my real email account it must have searched something on the computer and it showed me his page under his real name - which I didnt actually know at the time - complete with pics of his wife and kids, his work address etc....

I uninstalled FB after that.

over a year ago

"luckily all the friends i have added fro here to my fb have so far respected the fact that i dont want my extra curricular activities splashed all over the place"

I guess you have good sense and chose carefully whom to add as your friends on FB.

over a year ago

I usually find the ones I add are similar in not wanting certain things on facebook so haven't had a problem.

over a year ago

"I usually find the ones I add are similar in not wanting certain things on facebook so haven't had a problem."

Nor have I... Considering he had been on my friends for about 2 years... He must of had a bad day today...

over a year ago

"I usually find the ones I add are similar in not wanting certain things on facebook so haven't had a problem.

Nor have I... Considering he had been on my friends for about 2 years... He must of had a bad day today... "

Clearly made even worse by losing you as a friend through it. Definitely his loss and not your problem.

over a year ago

"I usually find the ones I add are similar in not wanting certain things on facebook so haven't had a problem.

Nor have I... Considering he had been on my friends for about 2 years... He must of had a bad day today... "

still...if he is posting on ur page ur a swinger etc....if he had family/friends on his....they mighta been able to see his postings (so that leads me to believe his facebook page is nothing more than an extension to his fab page).Cos uve spoke to him for x amount of years on here...doesnt stop him from being a tit elsewhere lol

over a year ago

Nor have I... Considering he had been on my friends for about 2 years... He must of had a bad day today...

still...if he is posting on ur page ur a swinger etc....if he had family/friends on his....they mighta been able to see his postings (so that leads me to believe his facebook page is nothing more than an extension to his fab page).Cos uve spoke to him for x amount of years on here...doesnt stop him from being a tit elsewhere lol"

Nope his page was with family and friens they can't see what he puts on my page

over a year ago

Clearly made even worse by losing you as a friend through it. Definitely his loss and not your problem. "

haha it is....

over a year ago

"Im not saying i dont trust men.. but only have one male fab member on my facebook..

Do you think its limited to men? Can women not do that sort of thing? You know what women are like when they get their bitch heads on

The women im friends with have young family like myself so im hoping that kind of childish behaviour would never happen"

I think you are living in fairytale land. I was a member of a social network site, on there were two gangs of women that were always at loggerheads, using sneaky devious pure venomous nastiness at each other, even taking the mick out of one gang member because she had cancer, and all these women have children, one even involved her own brother to get at the other gang so please don't think that having children makes women nice because it most certainly does not. You might be very lucky and those swingers on your facebook may be okay but woe betide you fall out with any of them, you might find you were wrong to allow them onto what should be strictly for family and non swinging friends

over a year ago

Truth be told im not ashamed of my actions. im a single girl who has fun.. what adult hasnt been there n done that. my mum knows im on fabs. my world wont crash down around me.. its my choice who i choose to add and if friends of mine can not accept it thats down to them.

I may talk about my sexual activities on here just prefer not to on facebook.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I get a fair few fab requests for Facebook access. Whilst I'm an open person, I choose who, when and what I'm open about and with, and don't give that power to others to do for me.

When we have phones, Fab chat, Fab messaging etc, there's little or no need for facebook type access, unless/until our Fab friends become close knit trusted friends, imo.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

That`s the main reason why I don`t have a FB account (yes there are some of us about!)

over a year ago

"That`s the main reason why I don`t have a FB account (yes there are some of us about!)"

Never have - never will!

over a year ago

Just incidentally, if you have an iPhone ( it may also work with other phones too but I don't know for sure) and someone's phone number, you can do the 'find my friends' thing on fb mobile app and it links phone numbers to profiles so people can see some of your details unless your privacy is set to whatever degree.

I say you can do this but with the latest fb update the feature doesn't work but I'm sure they'll soon fix it. So I guess my advice would be to check your privacy settings.

over a year ago

I'm not sure how it all works really but you know 'Facebook' sometimes 'suggests' friends to you? I was pretty shocked to go on one day and no less that 3 accounts were being 'suggested' and every one of them was from FabSwingers too!

I s'pose everything is linked these days but it really pissed me off thinking Facebook could be suggesting me to other people but using my real name

I knew all 3 guys from here but 'rejected' the thingy... like I say, I don't share my real name with everyone who knows me.

over a year ago

I'm really sorry to hear that, that is an awful thing to have happened. I hope you are ok and you've got it worked out.

People who take disagreements within the swinging world and move that into real life are the lowest of the low.

over a year ago

"...when i asked why so many messages she said "you didn't reply quick enough" "

ALARM *** Bunny Boiler Alert!!!

Sheesh! Some people are just so fucked up!

Facebook employs all sorts of subliminal coding to track you (how do you think they make a profit?), and that data follows you around when you're on the net, sooner or later you'll drop your guard and do something, or click a link somewhere and a connection will be made.

I keep facebook for my family and vanilla friends only, even old schoolfriends (are were never real friends at school anyway) try to add me to FB but I never accept those requests.

Be very wary of social networking companies. They're very good at social networking - the clue is in the name.

By *wencatWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I would block him altogether take no prisoners xxx

over a year ago

"Just incidentally, if you have an iPhone ( it may also work with other phones too but I don't know for sure) and someone's phone number, you can do the 'find my friends' thing on fb mobile app and it links phone numbers to profiles so people can see some of your details unless your privacy is set to whatever degree.

I say you can do this but with the latest fb update the feature doesn't work but I'm sure they'll soon fix it. So I guess my advice would be to check your privacy settings. "

I have mine set to friends/family only so no-one can see my profile. The problem is I have friends round the country, so it does suggest a friend that is possibly known to them but then I don't accept it, not interested in having the longest friends list full of people I don't know

over a year ago

"Truth be told im not ashamed of my actions. im a single girl who has fun.. what adult hasnt been there n done that. my mum knows im on fabs. my world wont crash down around me.. its my choice who i choose to add and if friends of mine can not accept it thats down to them.

I may talk about my sexual activities on here just prefer not to on facebook.

"

I wasn't saying that you were ashamed, merely that having children doesn't make women nicer

over a year ago

"I'm not sure how it all works really but you know 'Facebook' sometimes 'suggests' friends to you? I was pretty shocked to go on one day and no less that 3 accounts were being 'suggested' and every one of them was from FabSwingers too!

I s'pose everything is linked these days but it really pissed me off thinking Facebook could be suggesting me to other people but using my real name

I knew all 3 guys from here but 'rejected' the thingy... like I say, I don't share my real name with everyone who knows me. "

Do you use the same email address or phone number for facebook and fab? Anything shared and it makes the connection.

I have 2 facebook accounts. One for my real friends where I can be myself, and one for vanilla school friends/ colleagues etc. I got sick of watching what I said in front of the vanilla's.

over a year ago

"Yeah managed to get it all off before too long had past before he had posted it.. I just need to find his profile on here and block it... "

Put gay sites on his face book or tag him in with gay sites etc

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

thats nasty ,just respond on his page that he is fantasising again and you have told him a dozen times your not interested in him .!!!

By *eneral HysteriaMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Never mix the two.. Thought I could trust someone to respect my privacy in regards to my swinging life an family life... Obv he felt that because I did not respond quick enough to his messages on facebook he decides to put all over my profile that I am a swinger... charming!!! "

I love not having facebook.

So many horror stories out there concerning it.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Never mix the two.. Thought I could trust someone to respect my privacy in regards to my swinging life an family life... Obv he felt that because I did not respond quick enough to his messages on facebook he decides to put all over my profile that I am a swinger... charming!!!

So many horror stories out there concerning it."

its interesting there are a lot of people dumping it off now as too easy to hack and too intrusive.The latest thing about putting your pics on adverts to send to your friends list is a pisser ,you can switch it off but you have to know how .

over a year ago

Sounds like he was a tad crazy! I have a few friends from here on my facebook and would never ever dream of advertising the face the other person was a swinger, and

I'd hope they'd not do that to me.

over a year ago

i add trusted friends on my facebook and its never mentioned

if anything is said its usually in code like

"fancies a dip" or something

but i wouldnt like to say something on facebook when u know they dont want it

over a year ago

"i add trusted friends on my facebook and its never mentioned

"

I wouldn't even use code, surely that's what private messages or texting is for lol

over a year ago

"i add trusted friends on my facebook and its never mentioned

I wouldn't even use code, surely that's what private messages or texting is for lol "

on my facebook its my life and my decison what i write on my wall.

most know i am private about my life work and fun and if someone didnt respect this, they wouldnt be on my friends list on here let alone on facebook!

over a year ago

babes let them get on with it you know my hubbys ex wife knows we swing she found us on fab swingers yet what we cant work out is she would never think about doing swinging shes a right bitch and told all the family which i may say dont talk to families any more anyway the only way she would know if we was on here was to make up a file her self i must say it did worry me at first but now its in one ear out the other we dont care any more she doesnt like it because we are very happy and she has such a boring life doesnt even give her own husband sex much yet she hurt my hubby to much and broken his heart ran off with another guy . tell them to bugger off babes let them get on with it soon get bored and move on to something esle

over a year ago

"Never mix the two.. Thought I could trust someone to respect my privacy in regards to my swinging life an family life... Obv he felt that because I did not respond quick enough to his messages on facebook he decides to put all over my profile that I am a swinger... charming!!!

So many horror stories out there concerning it."

i dont use facebook i use to but find to many people just want to know what you are doing in ya life shit site i think

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"That`s the main reason why I don`t have a FB account (yes there are some of us about!)

Never have - never will! "

+1 Never used FB here either.

over a year ago

I have a few peeps from the swinging world on my FB. But they are people I know and trust. I have never had any problems.

over a year ago

we were thinking of having a facebook page for our swinger friend , but who to trust ?

over a year ago

"we were thinking of having a facebook page for our swinger friend , but who to trust ?"

agree with you on that one hun

over a year ago

"we were thinking of having a facebook page for our swinger friend , but who to trust ?"

I guess if it's a private group it's quite private

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"often think of openin a "swinging" facebook account cos its an easier way to stay in contact arrange a meet and flirt with people. just think a completly seperate account might b the way to go could block all friends and family and have fab user name instead od real name"

Thats exactly what we did lol!

It means we can still have facebook for our swinging friends, but keep it seperate from friends and family.

Just one note on that tho..... make sure you tell people who want to add you that it is a swinging profile.... lost count of the number of nawty pics, comments and groups that pop up on ours.... obviously linked to theirs so they could get embaressed! Most just start a swinging one and add us to that!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have been reading this thread with interest...its not very nice when someine betrays your trust although i will disagree with it being forum fodder when this person who has alegedly done this is also a fab member. Or have i read it wrong?

over a year ago

Absolutely and I don't want my kids finding out so personally I wouldn't join

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Facebook, it's an ideal tool to keep in contact with wide spread family and friends, particularly when those family and friends are living or serving abroad.

But mix your swinging life with Facebook?

Why?....when you can converse with them just as easily through the message process on Fabswingers.

In my opinion....asking for trouble.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I don't have a facebook page, and after seeing the way some use it to bully and abuse others I have no intention of setting one up.

It seems to be so big that it is incredibly difficult to police in anything more than a vague way.

over a year ago

That's a really low thing to do. It makes me glad that I fell out of love with fb and never use it now.

Hope nobody saw it, and I'm sure he'll regret losing a friend for a moment of madness.

Post new Message to Thread