Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tesco range condoms - Any good?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello, just asking if anybody has used the Tesco branded condoms and whether or not they are good or best avoided.

As Tesco prides itself on 'Every Little Helps' I am not really hoping it to be the pregnancy/ripping sort

Do they compare to the likes of Durex?

I have seen several different types of condoms for the Tesco range so anyone with experience using them is appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I don't shop in Tesco but if they are on sale they must have the BSI Kitemark. Although for cost you can't really beat a pack of 4 Durex from the Pound place.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I don't shop in Tesco but if they are on sale they must have the BSI Kitemark. Although for cost you can't really beat a pack of 4 Durex from the Pound place."

Never new that thanks i like to have one or for at the ready in my wallet

By *amslam1000Man
over a year ago

willenhall

"I don't shop in Tesco but if they are on sale they must have the BSI Kitemark. Although for cost you can't really beat a pack of 4 Durex from the Pound place.

Never new that thanks i like to have one or for at the ready in my wallet "

as you say to be on sale they have to have the kite/BSI mark so i get 18 from the 99p shop for less than a quid

over a year ago

I wouldn't touch them, but that's because i am sensitive to certain condoms/lubricants, so now i have found some that i am ok with i stick to those.

But if its a price thing, we use NHS Freedoms they are fantastic for price!

over a year ago

"

as you say to be on sale they have to have the kite/BSI mark so i get 18 from the 99p shop for less than a quid

"

Better still, pay your local Gum clinic regular visits and they will give you plenty of famous name freebie condoms including latex free...why pay if you don't have to

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Better still, pay your local Gum clinic regular visits and they will give you plenty of famous name freebie condoms including latex free...why pay if you don't have to "

Well, we do pay through tax and NI. As I can still just about afford condoms I buy them so that those who can't can continue to access free ones.

over a year ago

"

Well, we do pay through tax and NI. As I can still just about afford condoms I buy them so that those who can't can continue to access free ones."

The free condoms via the local Gum clinics etc are part of the NHS's sex awareness campaign, they offered free to everyone rich or poor, working or not, paying tax and NI or not.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I don't shop in Tesco but if they are on sale they must have the BSI Kitemark. Although for cost you can't really beat a pack of 4 Durex from the Pound place."

Home Bargains!

Mates £1:49 for 12

Durex £2:99 for 12

And they have a variety of each - the new mates infinity super thin ones anyone

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Well, we do pay through tax and NI. As I can still just about afford condoms I buy them so that those who can't can continue to access free ones.

The free condoms via the local Gum clinics etc are part of the NHS's sex awareness campaign, they offered free to everyone rich or poor, working or not, paying tax and NI or not."

I know. Just as are the free ones offered by sexual health charities. I also know the cost this adds to the service. Not as much as treatment and one of the few bits of prevention work not currently under threat, it's true. Yet.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

Better still, pay your local Gum clinic regular visits and they will give you plenty of famous name freebie condoms including latex free..."

They seem to give me all the orange ones.

A bit like the coffee cream of the condom world

over a year ago

"

A bit like the coffee cream of the condom world "

lol I always ask nicely for Latex Free and usually get a double amount just for asking!

over a year ago

"

Better still, pay your local Gum clinic regular visits and they will give you plenty of famous name freebie condoms including latex free...

A bit like the coffee cream of the condom world "

Orange ones, can't recall seeing them before

over a year ago

Just flop your knob out on the counter at Boots and ask "can I have a bag for this?"

over a year ago

Do they do latex free ones?

over a year ago

"Do they do latex free ones?"

I get Mates Supreme Non-Latex from my local clinic

over a year ago

"Do they do latex free ones?"

Forgot to say....I have to ask for the Non-Latex as regular condoms make me itch!!

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"Hello, just asking if anybody has used the Tesco branded condoms and whether or not they are good or best avoided.

As Tesco prides itself on 'Every Little Helps' I am not really hoping it to be the pregnancy/ripping sort

I have seen several different types of condoms for the Tesco range so anyone with experience using them is appreciated.

Thanks. "

why don't you just get them from your local sexual health clinic when you go for your check ups? there free and you don't have to worry about the quality of the condoms either just a thought

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"Just flop your knob out on the counter at Boots and ask "can I have a bag for this?""

Or you can have a 'Bag for Life' for 10p....

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"

Orange ones, can't recall seeing them before"

A Tango'd cock is not a good look, trust me...

A

over a year ago

"

Orange ones, can't recall seeing them before

A Tango'd cock is not a good look, trust me...

A"

I like Tango.

Hmmm a Tango spanking of an arse, ideas ideas ideas!

By *outhlondondudeMan
over a year ago

london

You could make a good investment in getting Skyn condoms-feels like bare back!

over a year ago

You can get most brands from e-Bay too and they're really good prices. Always well in date too. And before anyone asks...yes they are new and in packet not seconds!! x

over a year ago

Some people are allergic to Durex so despite it being a recognised brand I stopped using it and looked for an alternate.

'Mates' seem to be okay. Have had no problems with them and they aren't too pricy either.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Is it only my sexual health clinic that limit me to 10 a month?

On a good night in a club, I get through my months 'ration'.

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

Every little Helps!

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"Is it only my sexual health clinic that limit me to 10 a month?

On a good night in a club, I get through my months 'ration'."

yes i got double that last week from mine

By *orkscrew CurlsWoman
over a year ago

Loughborough Leics

I've tried the Tesco's flavoured selection. Had no problems - and they even taste good! They are rather vibrant colours but I find that quite funny!!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Is it only my sexual health clinic that limit me to 10 a month?

On a good night in a club, I get through my months 'ration'."

Wow!

The family planning clinic ration me to 30 a month, untill I also ask for non latex and large...

over a year ago

"

Better still, pay your local Gum clinic regular visits and they will give you plenty of famous name freebie condoms including latex free...why pay if you don't have to "

This irritates me greatly. If you are working and able to buy condoms then do so.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Make friends with someone who stacks shelves in a supermarket. When a planogram is due to change, if they have a lot of something in stock it will be marked as clearance. A few weeks back I bought packs of 18 for 39p each.

I usually pick up a good supply at the GUM clinic, but the last few visits they have only had chocolate ones. Clinics (at least some of them) will often be given large amounts of condoms free as companies want to promote their brand whilst doing something towards their 'corporate responsibility charter'.

over a year ago

Don't have an issue with freebie condoms at GUM or Family Planning clinics.

Afterall, women have access to free contraception, so why can't condoms be free???!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"

Better still, pay your local Gum clinic regular visits and they will give you plenty of famous name freebie condoms including latex free...why pay if you don't have to

This irritates me greatly. If you are working and able to buy condoms then do so. "

In this country all contraception is free, are you saying women should pay for the pill or the coil?

over a year ago

The £1000's I pay In National Insurance every year because I work, I feel like I have paid for them.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"The £1000's I pay In National Insurance every year because I work, I feel like I have paid for them."

Well im sure free condoms dont cost as much as it would to get treatment for an sti or an unwanted pregnancy

over a year ago

The simple fact is..... they want you to take them regardless of whether you work or not........ they are just happy you want to use them.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"The simple fact is..... they want you to take them regardless of whether you work or not........ they are just happy you want to use them."
exactly

over a year ago

It isnt that I dont think condoms should be given out, I do think they should, and companies do donate and this is obviously passed on to the patient.

But I sometimes get the impression that the free condoms seems to be the priority rather than understanding issues surrounding sexual health.

Samples are just that, it doesnt mean that the NHS have to supply anyone with a lifetimes supply. And to take great large amounts of them if you are working seems like scrounging to me.

People will obviously have their own views on it. I would never take more than the sample offered.

over a year ago

I have yet to know anyone who would attend a GUM clinic to grab a handful of condoms as his/her main reason for attendance.

over a year ago

"It isnt that I dont think condoms should be given out, I do think they should, and companies do donate and this is obviously passed on to the patient.

But I sometimes get the impression that the free condoms seems to be the priority rather than understanding issues surrounding sexual health.

Samples are just that, it doesnt mean that the NHS have to supply anyone with a lifetimes supply. And to take great large amounts of them if you are working seems like scrounging to me.

People will obviously have their own views on it. I would never take more than the sample offered. "

Isn't taking great large amounts also scrounging if you are not working?

over a year ago

"I have yet to know anyone who would attend a GUM clinic to grab a handful of condoms as his/her main reason for attendance. "

Really..... you dont read the forums and the first thing people say when they mention the GUM Clinic is the free condoms?? I see it every time the GUM clinic is mentioned on here, as it was on this very thread

over a year ago

I obviously do not cling to every words people have written in the forums, as I do not have that much free time on my hands.

over a year ago

"It isnt that I dont think condoms should be given out, I do think they should, and companies do donate and this is obviously passed on to the patient.

People will obviously have their own views on it. I would never take more than the sample offered.

"

Yes it is. Regardless of what people think, the clinic do not have a great mountain of condoms out the back. They see a lot of people, all of these people are entitled to a sample.

You cant really get into who deserves more than others. Its pointless to argue the fact about coils or female contraception, condoms are not offered free. The samples are solely to take, see if you like, try latex free etc etc. The service is not there to supply everyone accordingly to how often they have sex.

over a year ago

"I obviously do not cling to every words people have written in the forums, as I do not have that much free time on my hands. "

Oh that surprises me, I see you on here regularly. Now Im not going to argue any more with you Pearl, no tit for tat anymore.

over a year ago

Given I had binned nearly 2 packs of 12 recently as they have expired, and another 2 boxes of 12s expiring at the end of this month, buying a new box is not going to break my bank, and it will probably last me another year or two at this rate!

over a year ago

" condoms are not offered free. The samples are solely to take, see if you like, try latex free etc etc. The service is not there to supply everyone accordingly to how often they have sex. "

Actually according to the NHS official website less than 5 mins ago, condoms are offered free, and the places where they can be obtained are freely listed

over a year ago

I am full of surprises!

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

They don't do King Size at Tesco - amazon it is then

over a year ago

"They don't do King Size at Tesco - amazon it is then "

Oh my god Harry lol, I think its a bin bag for you

over a year ago

Yes it is. Regardless of what people think, the clinic do not have a great mountain of condoms out the back. They see a lot of people, all of these people are entitled to a sample.

"

Then we are pretty much on the same page.

As a joke example... if a single guy from Fabs were to take more than 3 to last him until his next visit.... yeah he's taking the piss. I did say it was a jokey example folks.

Not all clinics only put out samples. Some clinics ask you to take whatever you need.... and I think that is the key 'need'.

I am sure though when some people say they got a massive stash from the clinic it just felt like a massive stash when they were trying to stuff half a dozen in their pocket before the receptionist looked up.

over a year ago

"They don't do King Size at Tesco - amazon it is then "

Hello Mr Jones.... I was wondering where you had got to just the other day.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

The NHS offers all forms of contraception free. This includes the pill, the implant, the coil and condoms.

Condoms are not just available from the GUM but also the family planning and your GP.

The under 25s can also get a card which enables them to get free condoms from chemists.

Free contraception has been a policy with the NHS for a ling time and is currently not under threat. As well as reducing pregnancy/birth rates free barrier methods (ie condoms) reduces the rate of sti transmission and hence the rate at which infections become drug resistant.

The condoms available at clinics are not samples, they are part of this policy and any member of staff will encourage service users to take what.they need - prevention is better than cure!

over a year ago

Well once I mentioned to a nice nurse in the GUM clinic if they have anything decent and she went hunting and gave me a lot. Think they lasted around 3 months

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"They don't do King Size at Tesco - amazon it is then

Oh my god Harry lol, I think its a bin bag for you "

Hey you, thanks for that.

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"They don't do King Size at Tesco - amazon it is then

Hello Mr Jones.... I was wondering where you had got to just the other day."

I am always about - you know me well enough to know that

Trust you are well....3 would be enough to last me a year

over a year ago

LOL! love the arguement about not having free condoms and that clinics don't have mountains of condoms out the back.. the clinic in cambridge give me 30+ each time i go, and tell me to come back in anytime if i need more because they have loads.

But i cant use the ones from the clinic as they make me sore so i give them away to friends, keep a few for when i use my toys on other women or like last time i donated them to a club who also give them away free. there is no reason not to take all they are willing to give you, most of the time if you tell them you are a swinger they will give you more because of party situations etc.

I don't see how its scrounging if they offer them free?

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

" there is no reason not to take all they are willing to give you, most of the time if you tell them you are a swinger they will give you more because of party situations etc.

I don't see how its scrounging if they offer them free?

"

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Clinics often have a variety but generally give out one type unless asked otherwise. The ones with spermicide on cause me ulcers inside (google nonynoxyl 9 and WHO and NHS advice and yet they still hand them out! ).

Just tell them that you react to the standard ones and they will offer you alternatives.

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

We used them for the first month of us being together and were great no different to passante or Durex

over a year ago

"Clinics often have a variety but generally give out one type unless asked otherwise. The ones with spermicide on cause me ulcers inside (google nonynoxyl 9 and WHO and NHS advice and yet they still hand them out! ).

Just tell them that you react to the standard ones and they will offer you alternatives. "

Thanks, but its just the lube in the pasante brand, not spermicide or anything, and it just makes me sore and prone to cystitis

I use mates skyns and durex now as they are fine for both me and my partner with the availability in large sizes and regular sizes. I always ask if they have the durex ones back in yet, but not so far lol!

over a year ago

I find the Tesco ones really hard to open.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I've got skyns from the clinic before.

If you explain the situation then they should help you find something to suit.

over a year ago

"I've got skyns from the clinic before.

If you explain the situation then they should help you find something to suit."

i'm happy just to take the free ones and give them to friends/use them on my toys and buy my own brand, no need to get fussy over free stuff lol whats the old saying, you never look a gift horse in the mouth or something

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

i'm happy just to take the free ones and give them to friends/use them on my toys and buy my own brand, no need to get fussy over free stuff lol whats the old saying, you never look a gift horse in the mouth or something"

You know why you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth? I'll resist the urge to start another thread.

over a year ago

Believe it or not my local GUM clinic doesn't give out free condoms..you have to go to a separate family planning clinic within the same building to get them which is ridiculous.

As we all know there are more reasons to need condoms than to prevent pregnancy !!!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I've been reading this thread with interest since the GUM slant came in. Different parts of the country have different practices and different budgets. Some GUMs do restrict the condoms they give out in order to manage their stock levels. Free is not currently under threat as it is public policy, and has been for almost 30 years, but restrictions can and do happen.

By *orkieMan
over a year ago

Who knows

"Hello, just asking if anybody has used the Tesco branded condoms and whether or not they are good or best avoided.

Thanks. "

Yep, used them on a regular basis with no issues

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

Wonder if they are like Asda and do the "roll back" pricing

over a year ago

i'm happy just to take the free ones and give them to friends/use them on my toys and buy my own brand, no need to get fussy over free stuff lol whats the old saying, you never look a gift horse in the mouth or something

You know why you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth? I'll resist the urge to start another thread."

//

its based on the idea that you can discover a lot about a horse's condition by looking at its teeth.

But basically its saying its rude to question something that someone gives you for free/ in good faith.

Post new Message to Thread