Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

6-Week Break

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well that's it, the holidays are done. Back at work on Monday. I personally think this holiday is too long and there are many families who struggle financially if they have 2 or more children. I personally will struggle getting back into the swing of things at my desk and it will be a couple of days before I am "back to normal". Although I am appreciative that I get this break I am also resentful that I cannot go all year round (budgets won't allow). Hey ho, it's off to work I go

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hi,

I work term time too, start again on Tuesday. Personally I think it has flown by. I am very lucky and get paid whilst I am off I have friends who struggle though. If I did not have my contract I could not work. Having kids is not suposed to hinder your career choices but is does. Smaller holidays would help employers to be more flexible with working mothers. Again I know how lucky I am. Do not want to go back though.

over a year ago

Back to work after the long break for me too. Wish it was spread a bit more around the year though. I think there isn't enough time at Xmas personally. We don't six weeks "summer" when only four days if it have any actual sun.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I get paid too, but now my son is a bit older and does his own thing, I have to amuse myself lol. And I agree, the 13 weeks holiday a year should be spread out more evenly throughout the year. Don't get me wrong, I used to love the holidays but the last couple have just been too long for me personally.

over a year ago

My kids are only little it will be strange sitting still in a chair all day. Putting lottery on later!

over a year ago

Not long enough as I see it.Got my 3 1/2 weeks away but would have rather had more

Post new Message to Thread