Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

should i

Jump to newest

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

be getting dizzy spells after i have d*unk or eaten anything sweet ?

it's only started to happen since i've tried to stop smoking.

not using patch's or gum or tablet's so can't lay blame there

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Go check ya sugar levels....

could be borderline diabetic.???

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

do you think so as it's not something i'd have concidered because i'm not over wieght nor is it something thats in the family either

over a year ago

Doesnt have to be, go check it out first thing.

Boots do a check up.

over a year ago

Its called bieng hyperglicemic

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

cheers like i say it's only started to happen since i stopped smoking completely this past week

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"be getting dizzy spells after i have d*unk or eaten anything sweet ?

it's only started to happen since i've tried to stop smoking.

not using patch's or gum or tablet's so can't lay blame there "

Try avoiding sweet stuff over the weekend. Try something sweet on Monday and see what happens. Dizzy spells should always be a matter for a GP or, if you actually collapse, an ambulance.

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

well i look like i'm on plain water and none sweet stuff for the weekend

over a year ago

Ohhhhhh was in one monday....

they aint comfortable ya know

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Ohhhhhh was in one monday....

they aint comfortable ya know "

eh what ????

over a year ago

"Ohhhhhh was in one monday....

they aint comfortable ya know

eh what ????"

a hambulance

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

If you have diabetes it could mean the end of your swinging career!

over a year ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just take a marsbar with ya

over a year ago

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just take a marsbar with ya "

Hmmmmmmm kinky

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"If you have diabetes it could mean the end of your swinging career! "

whu ? becos of all those sweet women out there ?

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"If you have diabetes it could mean the end of your swinging career! "

I think we're getting waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves here.

There are plenty of possible causes of dizzy spells and the sweet food business might just be coincidence. It's far more likely to be down to stopping smoking.

over a year ago

actually he is right.

when i stopped i had a craving for sweet things tho i dont normally eat them.

the body tries to compensate.

But as a precaution, get it checked anyways.

process of illimination

spelt that wrong....ahem

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

am worried now, as i couldn't possibly live a sexless life

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

When there's less nicotine in your bloodstream there's more 'space' for oxygen. Your brain is just getting used to coping with that.

Don't, whatever you do, give up giving up.

over a year ago

"If you have diabetes it could mean the end of your swinging career!

I think we're getting waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves here.

There are plenty of possible causes of dizzy spells and the sweet food business might just be coincidence.

It's far more likely to be down to stopping smoking. "

I think Jim is right ... don't panic unless of course you have chest pains and/or beathlessness ... I had a few horrid dizzy spells a couple of weeks ago ... went to docs and it turned out to be something called Labrynthitis ... a virus in my inner ear, affecting balance etc ... tis scary tho

over a year ago

I have seen it happen before to a work mate who managed to quit. He balooned to feck because he swapped out the nicotine for endless snacks. Don't fall into the same trap. Keep snacks to a minimum and just add a bit more to your regular meals if you get more hungry but be wary of the trap

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Hey Touvy - well done for jacking in the fags

Its not an easy feat for anyone.

I think above posts about body trying to compensate is prob more to do with the dizzy spells than being a diabetic - esp as you are not on the patches etc to help the body cope with going cold turkey.

Keeping off the sugary foods will help - cos regarless of health, eating sugar raises your blood sugar levels, but then dips very quickly and if you dont replace that sugar by eating more, then dizzy spells will ensue.

Thats why people who eat sugary breakfasts will feel hungry by 10/11 am rather than those who eat firbe who really can last out til lunch. Its the bodies was of telling them that the blood sugar levels have dropped and they need to replenish them.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK on the stopping smoking - and hope the dizzy spells soon abate.

Debz xxx

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

ok the news from the test's are good, it's not diabeitis, the person i spoke to at boot's seems to agree with one or two of you on this thread and that it's the body adjusting to the higher levels of oxygen in the blood stream, she said that if you are ever on a pure oxygen mix when in hospital many complain of becoming dizzy too becase the blood stream is flooded with oxygen and the brain goes on over load mode like a drug induced high,thanks for all the good advise and encouragement, on the no smoking too.have to say theres been a couple of stumbles, the hardest ciggy of all to forgo is the one after a meal and the one with a pint lol never knew oxygen could give you a high lol

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"ok the news from the test's are good, it's not diabeitis, the person i spoke to at boot's seems to agree with one or two of you on this thread and that it's the body adjusting to the higher levels of oxygen in the blood stream, she said that if you are ever on a pure oxygen mix when in hospital many complain of becoming dizzy too becase the blood stream is flooded with oxygen and the brain goes on over load mode like a drug induced high,thanks for all the good advise and encouragement, on the no smoking too.have to say theres been a couple of stumbles, the hardest ciggy of all to forgo is the one after a meal and the one with a pint lol never knew oxygen could give you a high lol "

ooooooooooh yes it can.

If you think that pure air is only 16% oxygen. Thats why divers dont have pure oxygen in their tanks

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"ok the news from the test's are good, it's not diabeitis, the person i spoke to at boot's seems to agree with one or two of you on this thread and that it's the body adjusting to the higher levels of oxygen in the blood stream, she said that if you are ever on a pure oxygen mix when in hospital many complain of becoming dizzy too becase the blood stream is flooded with oxygen and the brain goes on over load mode like a drug induced high,thanks for all the good advise and encouragement, on the no smoking too.have to say theres been a couple of stumbles, the hardest ciggy of all to forgo is the one after a meal and the one with a pint lol never knew oxygen could give you a high lol

ooooooooooh yes it can.

If you think that pure air is only 16% oxygen. Thats why divers dont have pure oxygen in their tanks "

i'm placing an order for a tank of pure oxygen lol non-addictive and also good for the body too lol

over a year ago

"ok the news from the test's are good, it's not diabeitis, the person i spoke to at boot's seems to agree with one or two of you on this thread and that it's the body adjusting to the higher levels of oxygen in the blood stream, she said that if you are ever on a pure oxygen mix when in hospital many complain of becoming dizzy too becase the blood stream is flooded with oxygen and the brain goes on over load mode like a drug induced high,thanks for all the good advise and encouragement, on the no smoking too.have to say theres been a couple of stumbles, the hardest ciggy of all to forgo is the one after a meal and the one with a pint lol never knew oxygen could give you a high lol "

Glad you had it checked touvy, better to be safe than sorry in my mind.

Keep going with the fags . i didnt and feel a right loser but as some others have said, i have a lot of stress at the moment so once things settle down, i will endeavour to try again and hopefully succeed .

glad your ok hun

xxx

over a year ago

"ok the news from the test's are good, it's not diabeitis, the person i spoke to at boot's seems to agree with one or two of you on this thread and that it's the body adjusting to the higher levels of oxygen in the blood stream, she said that if you are ever on a pure oxygen mix when in hospital many complain of becoming dizzy too becase the blood stream is flooded with oxygen and the brain goes on over load mode like a drug induced high,thanks for all the good advise and encouragement, on the no smoking too.have to say theres been a couple of stumbles, the hardest ciggy of all to forgo is the one after a meal and the one with a pint lol never knew oxygen could give you a high lol

Glad you had it checked touvy, better to be safe than sorry in my mind.

Keep going with the fags . i didnt and feel a right loser but as some others have said, i have a lot of stress at the moment so once things settle down, i will endeavour to try again and hopefully succeed .

glad your ok hun

xxx "

Ditto, glad things are OK Touvak, as for the smoking, all I can say is well done you ............. Ive tried all sorts from patches to inhalers to hypnotherapy and acupuncture !!!!

Still I haven't given up giving up yet - it will happen one day - but to all of you that have managed it - WELL DONE XXX

By *ricky_DickyMan
over a year ago

Mirfield

"

If you think that pure air is only 16% oxygen."

Thats probably down to you ladies gassing all day using up the oxygen because it should be 21%

over a year ago

Sugar rush lol

I get it really bad after mango chuney

The reaction is so big somtimes its as though i have smoked a joint lol xx

Post new Message to Thread