Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Virgin Media V SkyTV

Jump to newest

By *emmefatale OP   Woman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Im with virgin at the mo, anyone got any idea if they are just the same as sky with deals etc....or do you think sky is better?

Thanks in Advance

Femme xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

we used virgin for years.....no problems customer service was excelent price was good and if they sold u 20mb access you got 20mb access with no download/upload charges....

I dont care what the price or quality is with sky, I wont give any money to Murfuck. BT were a joke too.......

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"we used virgin for years.....no problems customer service was excelent price was good and if they sold u 20mb access you got 20mb access with no download/upload charges....

I dont care what the price or quality is with sky, I wont give any money to Murfuck. BT were a joke too......."

well i noticed that lots on here sky+ stuff ...i hate to miss out on a better deal than i have already with Virgin, aand i like the look of the Skygo thing....dont think its cheap though

over a year ago

Evening. I was paying over £100 for sky+ multiroom, phone and broadband and wanted HD and it would cost me £10 extra a box p/month. Rang Virgin got same and better phone and broadband, free HD and ESPN for £80 p/month, half price for 6 months.

Went to cancel Sky and suddenly offered me 6 months half price. been with Sky 20 years and asked them why they never in that time offered me anything. So switched.

Virgin is better all round, same channels bar sky Atlantic, better broadband and free HD. Tivo box is superb.

It is the same with anything, new customers or people offering to leave get best deals.

Dave

over a year ago

Ive been with Virgin for a few years now and have always been happy,i will say and i'm sure SKYs the same i ring up every year ask to cancel my account as the prices are too high and they always call me back with a new deal its frustrating but there all the same as charging goes

over a year ago

I have Virgin or Telewest as I still call them because I prefer to have the triple package ie tv, phone and internet. I cannot have Sky because one needs BT and their box is too far from my house which would cost too much money to connect me. To be honest, as I watch so little on tv nor do I have the time, its of no interest to me all these new fangled things they keep coming up with, so long as I can watch Top Gear when I fancy it, I don't care

over a year ago

we are with sky and have had loads of problems, each time they say its sorted, each time its not!!!! so moving to virgin on sept 5th at lasttttttttttt!!!!!!Got a better deal with them too, and half price for 6 months as well

over a year ago

Tivo, just get tivo femme, nothing else will matter then.

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Tivo, just get tivo femme, nothing else will matter then."
is that like sky plus? I dont watch a lot of tv, but others do....il watch a whole series of something i like in a week..but dont watch much day to day

over a year ago

"Tivo, just get tivo femme, nothing else will matter then.is that like sky plus? I dont watch a lot of tv, but others do....il watch a whole series of something i like in a week..but dont watch much day to day"

Tivo is sky+ on steroids.

1terabit of storage, 3 tuners so you can record 2 things and watch a third, it remembers what you watch and makes suggestions, you can search by name, actor, directory etc and even set it to record anything starring your favourite actors.

There are apps to remote control it from your phone, set recordings and use phone as a zapper.

And... And apparently for the ipad or iphone is due that's similar to SkyGo

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Tivo, just get tivo femme, nothing else will matter then.is that like sky plus? I dont watch a lot of tv, but others do....il watch a whole series of something i like in a week..but dont watch much day to day

Tivo is sky+ on steroids.

1terabit of storage, 3 tuners so you can record 2 things and watch a third, it remembers what you watch and makes suggestions, you can search by name, actor, directory etc and even set it to record anything starring your favourite actors.

There are apps to remote control it from your phone, set recordings and use phone as a zapper.

And... And apparently for the ipad or iphone is due that's similar to SkyGo

"

ooooooooh that sounds funky....so i could get an app to set recordings etc?

over a year ago

I am currently with Virgin and have a 1Tb TiVo box. I find it very frustrating and so I've recently installed a Satellite dish together with a FreeSat box and get virtually the same channels free of charge. The HD quality is much better too. I will now be cancelling my Virgin subscription.

over a year ago

apple tv is meant to be not bad, all you need is a internet conection and you get unlimited channels. think you get the box for around £80

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Virgin Tivo isn't as intuitive as Sky+ but then it doesn't lose it's picture or sound if the weather is bad. It is great to put a series or programme on the wishlist and know that 6 months later, when it is shown, it will record it for you.

over a year ago

ive been on sky and virgin and i think virgin is better, the telly is much better, things like catch up etc, i left sky after only 2 months and went back to virgin, dont watch telly much myself but in the two months i left virgin and went over to sky my kids did nothing but moan about it so i swapped back

over a year ago

I have been with Virgin for 6 years. No problems whatsoever. My absolute favourite is the movie channel, closely followed by catch-up. I was with Sky before this and my relationship with them did not last long, they are overrated, expensive and a bunch of cowboys.

Post new Message to Thread