Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Girl with the dragon tattoo ect

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive heard the books are good and usually i read rather than watch the film, but when i was having it explained i dont think id be able to consentrate on the book. So i have just ordered all three on dvd. What do those that have watched them think to them. Not usually my style

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ild Bill Thickcock.Man
over a year ago

Wet Beaver Creek

mines draggin' on the floor

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

werent you complaining about people using ect rather than etc?

never read the books btw

over a year ago

"werent you complaining about people using ect rather than etc?

never read the books btw"

When did i complain about that?

over a year ago

I agree very hard to concentrate on the books....the films are the same though...

over a year ago

never read the books btw

When did i complain about that? "

posted a day or two ago... although there is always the possibility i have confused u with someone else.....

over a year ago

never read the books btw

When did i complain about that? posted a day or two ago... although there is always the possibility i have confused u with someone else....."

I think it may be you being scatty on this occassion instead of me, i never even notice what someone says ect or etc, in fact im sure i usually put etc

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple
over a year ago

wirral

Read the book they are very good. If you have ordered 3 films they are the Swedish ones that have been dubbed into English or you can have subtitles on. If you go for the dubbed you get used to it after a short while. The English version of the film is very good but a little more graphic than the others, it is also only having 2 parts not 3.

By *ursevampsWoman
over a year ago

bucks

i loved the film and then weant and read the books was great i loved both but i didn sort of realise that i had missed a few bits inthe films

over a year ago

"Read the book they are very good. If you have ordered 3 films they are the Swedish ones that have been dubbed into English or you can have subtitles on. If you go for the dubbed you get used to it after a short while. The English version of the film is very good but a little more graphic than the others, it is also only having 2 parts not 3."

Ive just checked on amazon, i think they are subtitled. I dont do subtitled films lol, will have to get used to it if i have three to watch lol

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I read the books first, and really enjoyed them, even though they aren't my usual type of book. They were difficult to get into, but once there, I couldn't put them down.

The Swedish films are excellent, stick well to the books, and the scenes are as graphic as the book. I didn't enjoy the British remakes as much. I thought they exaggerated parts of the story, and left important bits out. And they have Daniel Craig in, who I cannot stand.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

There's a Swedish TV version of the 3 films, 6 x 90 min episodes that fill in the gaps that were left in the original films...doesn't really matter if you haven't read the books though

You'd be better off learning Swedish though, the subtitles are a bit dodgy in all 3 films but particularly the last one.

The US remake is crap !

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

The books are some of the best I have read in recent years. Preferred the Swedish films to the Daniel Craig version which was good in its own right. The Craig version is much more graphic and ecplicit in "that" scene even though it is completely left to the viewers imagination.

Yes it was scandalously hyped and deservedly so.

By *gentprovocateurWoman
over a year ago

leeds

"There's a Swedish TV version of the 3 films, 6 x 90 min episodes that fill in the gaps that were left in the original films...doesn't really matter if you haven't read the books though

You'd be better off learning Swedish though, the subtitles are a bit dodgy in all 3 films but particularly the last one.

The US remake is crap !"

does anyone think that the lead female role is played by a transgender person?

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

She didn't look transgendered in Prometheus !

By *gentprovocateurWoman
over a year ago

leeds

i bow to your expertise x

over a year ago

Im looking forward to seeing them now, just hope i can concentrate properly on them

By *gentprovocateurWoman
over a year ago

leeds

i'm sure you're capable of concentration diamonds x

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

"There's a Swedish TV version of the 3 films, 6 x 90 min episodes that fill in the gaps that were left in the original films...doesn't really matter if you haven't read the books though

The US remake is crap ! does anyone think that the lead female role is played by a transgender person?"

The Swedish lisbeth was in the latest Sherlock Holmes film. Definitely female

over a year ago

i have to admit i do like to read the book of a film that interests me if one is available.

and usually i would read the book first then decide if i want to see the film.

i think thats because films today have become all about what computers or super heroes can do and none of that i find really interesting.

last film i think that really made me think so much about it that i had to see it twice was The Machinist.

i just never saw the ending coming and went to see it again so i could piece it all together.

over a year ago

Have read the books and seen the original films and the remakes. Personaly i preferred the books but i often do but the original films are brilliant. The remake less so

over a year ago

"Have read the books and seen the original films and the remakes. Personaly i preferred the books but i often do but the original films are brilliant. The remake less so"

remakes yes i hate them.

i was shocked to see total recall has been remade.

hollywood is clearly dead.

over a year ago

"Have read the books and seen the original films and the remakes. Personaly i preferred the books but i often do but the original films are brilliant. The remake less so

remakes yes i hate them.

hollywood is clearly dead."

run out of ideas

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"i bow to your expertise x"

There you go...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=noomi+rapace&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=EXo_UOm2Oaek0QXjuYDwBQ&ved=0CJcBELAE&biw=1024&bih=644

Noomi Rapace...x

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Have read the books and seen the original films and the remakes. Personaly i preferred the books but i often do but the original films are brilliant. The remake less so

remakes yes i hate them.

hollywood is clearly dead.run out of ideas"

The new Total Recall is actually closer to the book than the Arnie movie is...just saying

Now they need to make a gritty, closer to the book version of The Running Man ! Stunning dystopian, warning about the environment book turned into a not very good Arnie vehicle.

But yeah, Hollywood's run out of ideas...but is it a new thing ? How many versions of Mutiny on the Bounty are there ?

over a year ago

Well my dvds have arrived, there swedish wit english subtitles so sound like they are the original ones. I shall start watching one in a minute

over a year ago

Stilling waiting for your addy if you'd like more DVDs, and I could have sent my set of Girls with/who/whatever DVDs instead of having bought your own!

over a year ago

I haven't read any of them, didn't realise it was a book, watched the film, brilliant

over a year ago

Well i watched girl with the dragon tattoo today. I loved it, thought it would be difficult to get into the subtitles and it wasnt. Becasue of my poor concentration i watched it in stages half hour pause for a while then back to it, it gave me chance to understand the plot and not get tired and fall asleep.

Not sure when i will watch the other one, maybe today, has to be when i have a day to keep going from it and back to it. Not my unsual stuff as im not one for deep films but im a convert

Post new Message to Thread