Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blocked for a reason, So why????

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When you block someone so they can't see your profile or get in touch it's for a genuine reason, so why can they see what you can put in the forums and even comment. When i see this it upsets me because when you do block the reason always comes back to you that you are the problem...Example: you chat and chat and everything is going great and something happens which you have no idea why. I just feel that if they are blocked we shouldn't be able to see their names pop up at anytime!!

Maybe this is just me but just wondered how you think about this in general???

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The block is to stop contact.

It would be odd if you weren't able to read their contributions to forum threads things wouldn't make sense.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If they are blocked they are not supposed to contact you via the forums.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Oh Shit ... is it me ?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Makes no difference, they still comment!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Block them all, everyone, I want Granny's undivided attention in the forums.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just because you want to block someone - you can't really justify them being blocked from open forums - else it would be as if they'd been blocked by all!! (although I'm sure there's many that are on numerous block lists!!)

What gets my goat is when friends of theirs start getting in touch to query why you should be so rude as to block someone as lovely as them!

It simple! Because I choose to - and I can!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe u just blocked them for no reason I've been blocked for no other reason than askin normal questions if u don't ask u don't find out !

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What is the point of asking someone why they blocked you ?

Reply privately

By *ea and SugarCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Just because you want to block someone - you can't really justify them being blocked from open forums - else it would be as if they'd been blocked by all!! (although I'm sure there's many that are on numerous block lists!!)

What gets my goat is when friends of theirs start getting in touch to query why you should be so rude as to block someone as lovely as them!

It simple! Because I choose to - and I can!! "

Don't be silly, single guys never block anyone, they're just grateful if anyone speaks to them

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Maybe u just blocked them for no reason I've been blocked for no other reason than askin normal questions if u don't ask u don't find out !"

But if you've been blocked they don't want you to find out!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Amuses me when someone blocks you then still continues to text/call you

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I got blocked for spearing donuts

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Sometimes they don't realise you are blocked.

It can be down to 'no pic' , 'wrong age' , ' wrong gender' etc ......

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I got blocked for spearing donuts "

Shocking waste of perfectly good doughnuts!

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

noone blocks for know reason. just because you dont know the reason the other person does

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm blocked by people I've never met nor mailed ....... doesn't really impact on my using the site though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just because you want to block someone - you can't really justify them being blocked from open forums - else it would be as if they'd been blocked by all!! (although I'm sure there's many that are on numerous block lists!!)

It simple! Because I choose to - and I can!!

Don't be silly, single guys never block anyone, they're just grateful if anyone speaks to them "

Thats a bit condesending isnt it?

At the least ive got single guys who ask for nookie, all sorts of nobs dick heads and idiots and, frankly if you let me down a second time or I catch you lieing when you cancel you go on the block list too....

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I'm blocked by people I've never met nor mailed ....... doesn't really impact on my using the site though. "

+1

Reply privately

By *winging In The RainMan
over a year ago

St Helens / Liverpool

"What gets my goat is when friends of theirs start getting in touch to query why you should be so rude as to block someone as lovely as them!

"

I've had that before, it's pathetic. I blocked a single male because he was set to straight and said that he was cheating on his girlfriend. I don't agree with this so I said the usual thanks but no thanks. He keeps messaging me so I pull out the block and one of his friends then starts sending me a load of abuse. I don't understand it at all...

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Amuses me when someone blocks you then still continues to text/call you "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just wish that i wasn't so naive on joining the site. Pork does all the admin and i get given the phone calls to make. we now have a separate phone but have only had it for 2 weeks..... But !!! I am learning now and bl**dy fast...

Reply privately

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

I go on other forums where blocked peoples posts don't show up in forums. It makes no difference to the forums except for the fact you can't see the blocked persons posts

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

We block those that have been on this site for ages but have no verifications and / or photos. We have also blocked people that keep pestering us too.

Dave

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What gets my goat is when friends of theirs start getting in touch to query why you should be so rude as to block someone as lovely as them!

I've had that before, it's pathetic. I blocked a single male because he was set to straight and said that he was cheating on his girlfriend. I don't agree with this so I said the usual thanks but no thanks. He keeps messaging me so I pull out the block and one of his friends then starts sending me a load of abuse. I don't understand it at all..."

yes have had that as well.

wouldnt want to meet pushy people like that. they must be desperate.

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

It seems for some people this is a way of life rather than some extra fun whenever the fancy takes you. We have found 99% of people on here (and at Chams) very polite but some just get stroppy if you can't make a meet within a week

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm blocked by people I've never met nor mailed ....... doesn't really impact on my using the site though. "

Me too. I couldn't care less.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm blocked by people I've never met nor mailed ....... doesn't really impact on my using the site though.

Me too. I couldn't care less."

And me

I assume that either :

- I have pissed em off by being sarcky or taking the mickey in the forums

- They don't fancy me

- They know me, or

- All of the above

Either way, I find a Horlicks sorts out any potential lack of sleep.

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Funniest thing is someone blocking you cos you say pass on the fuck me snog me thread.. I had two guys do that and both of them had an age limit below 50 so why were they bothered.. LOL

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Admin asked people did they want forum posts to be blocked from you veiwing if you had blocked the person...most people said no so Admin didn't do it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm blocked by people I've never met nor mailed ....... doesn't really impact on my using the site though.

Me too. I couldn't care less."

Same here. Their loss, not ours...

Had one do it today. Probably saved us from some really boring social meet - or worse, some very 'uninspiring' sex..

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Wow, put the claws away

All because someone blocked you?

Maybe time to shut this as it is just a platform for bitchy posts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Me too. I couldn't care less.

Same here. Their loss, not ours...

Had one do it today. Probably saved us from some really boring social meet - or worse, some very 'uninspiring' sex..

"

Don't let it bother ya, there's thousands more out there

Wolf

Reply privately