Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

conversation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was out the weekend with a friend having drinks and a lovely meal.

my friend and I was talking laughing smiling as you do.

the 1st couple sitting the side of us was both looking at the phones on Facebook talking about pc games the wii and the likes

now the other couple at the other side was silent apart from when the ordered the meals

is the art of conversation without a phone gone?

thats my question?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

that would do my absolute tits in,,, i love yapping me

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

i rarely take my phone out. i never have television on when i have company. and i hate texting i like to use my mouth and vocal chords

over a year ago

Plenty of conversations without our phones at the Beach Party!

By *xscotMan
over a year ago

Kingston

don't think I'm long enough to reach the vocal cords - lol

over a year ago

"i rarely take my phone out. i never have television on when i have company. and i hate texting i like to use my mouth and vocal chords"

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's tragic when I see presumably close people who are together, and their large focus is on a mobile phone. Couples, friends, families seem to do it now... it would drive me nuts if anyone did it whilst with me -

unless they were on call,waiting for an important announcement etc.

I have friends who take offense if you lose eye contact whilst conversing, and that's important, as it's not just about connecting with words, but looks, touch etc. There's none of that with a bit of tech in your hands.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

have noticed this alot as well .. we were in a pub having a meal and an older couple were sat at the next table when we arrived .. i estimate we were there approx 2 hours and neva seen them speak once .. very wierd !

over a year ago

Once met a guy for coffee to consider a future 'meet'. He spent all the time checking his phone and texting someone else. Very interesting company in the bedroom too, I can only guess

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Hardly used my phone all weekend, was quite nice actually

By *ild Bill Thickcock.Man
over a year ago

Wet Beaver Creek

conversation is exchanging dialogue, but I wish I could get a fookin' word in rabbit, rabbit fookin' rabbit

over a year ago

I'm the same when i hook up with my friends. Chat like there's no tomorrow. Get the odd look as if to say. Do you ever shut up from other peeps. In answer to that no we don't.lol

Phones sometimes come out but only to check on kids.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Working in a pub/restaurant, I see this loads.

Couples who don't talk at all except to order. Couples who just play on their mobiles the whole time. A couple came for lunch the other day, and both took out ipads, and proceeded to play on those the whole meal, even whilst eating. That really annoys me.

When I go out with friends I put my phone on silent, and chat. That's the whole point!!

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"Working in a pub/restaurant, I see this loads.

Couples who don't talk at all except to order. Couples who just play on their mobiles the whole time. A couple came for lunch the other day, and both took out ipads, and proceeded to play on those the whole meal, even whilst eating. That really annoys me.

When I go out with friends I put my phone on silent, and chat. That's the whole point!! "

over a year ago

"that would do my absolute tits in,,, i love yapping me "

we was bemused by it

over a year ago

If ever I go out with someone, and he insists on having his phone on, and to reply to calls and texts, then I will walk.

I shall remind him to switch off the phone or put it on silent first, of course.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"If ever I go out with someone, and he insists on having his phone on, and to reply to calls and texts, then I will walk.

I shall remind him to switch off the phone or put it on silent first, of course.

"

I'd do it with most people, not just meets

over a year ago

"If ever I go out with someone, and he insists on having his phone on, and to reply to calls and texts, then I will walk.

I'd do it with most people, not just meets "

Likewise here.

over a year ago

i know if im on call or he is then we will keep the phone to a minumuim but i can have a weekend without phones x

over a year ago

I would not arrange any meets when I am on call, and I would politely ask my potential meets to do the same.

If they can't then I would rather wait and re-arrange.

over a year ago

i agree there but my friend isnt a meet, he is a good friend as we both have busy jobs etc sometimes one of us is on call

over a year ago

I almost allways switch my phone off unless Im expecting a call, at which point Ill explain what the call will be and why ill need to take it.....

over a year ago

I hope not I love a good natter. I tend not to use my phone when on company .

By *rokengirlWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

My self and my regular buddy eat out frequently and we see the same couples who come in order eat and leave without speaking a word to each other... All the whole we are trying to talk about fab etc in code so nobody over hears lol

Very sad if you can't talk to your other half over a meal or drink

Post new Message to Thread