Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Timewasters!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Id just like to ask the genuine swingers on here if they feel that we should be allowed to name and shame timewasters,fantasists and picture collectors as in my opinion these groups of people spoil the site for the rest of us.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Yes.......... but it does mean losing a lot of the 'genuine' swingers.

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

No

over a year ago

that moonlight shadow are timewasters, they never turned up........see the problem

By *hynottsCouple
over a year ago

nottingham

yes had to menny meets with no shows with no mailto say why they did not show up

over a year ago

One persons timewaster is another persons idea of someone who had a genuine reason for not turning up.

(To paraphrase someone - Tony Benn I think...?)

Anyway, that is the reason naming and shaming is not allowed in the forums.

over a year ago

Nope! Pointless Excercise !!

Learn from your experiences, good or bad - evolve your selection criteria - and move on!

By *hynottsCouple
over a year ago

nottingham

"One persons timewaster is another persons idea of someone who had a genuine reason for not turning up.

"

that fine if they ring or send a mail befor the meet but im haveing a go at the one`s that just dont turn up with out a reason

over a year ago

"One persons timewaster is another persons idea of someone who had a genuine reason for not turning up.

that fine if they ring or send a mail befor the meet but im haveing a go at the one`s that just dont turn up with out a reason "

They are, of course, another category:- Timewasters with a total lack of manners

over a year ago

Nope.

Simply because there are 2 sides to every story. And I would really rather not know thanks.

Never had my time wasted. And don't know many that have.

So for me its not a problem and IMHO its a problem caused by the people themselves not taking the time and making the effort to get to know people before a meet. And then expecting a shag or three when they do meet rather than a relaxed social meet where it is made clear NO play will happen.

If someone 'needs to play' on first meet then don't be surprised if they sod off and find a better offer on the day. And don't expect a text or phone call either. They aren't Swingers. They are chancers.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Id just like to ask the genuine swingers on here if they feel that we should be allowed to name and shame timewasters,fantasists and picture collectors as in my opinion these groups of people spoil the site for the rest of us. "
i arranged to meet you last week but you didnt turn up!!!!

See? How on earth can you prove thats a lie, it IS a lie but you cant prove it ISNT can you?

Concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives...there are lots of lovely people on here.

Signed

A genuine swinger

over a year ago

Nope

I don't wanna be found out

over a year ago

"

Signed

A genuine swinger "

no your not your a fake

signed

a timewaster

over a year ago

Do you find most of the timewasters have verifications or not?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

Signed

A genuine swinger

no your not your a fake

signed

a timewaster "

oooooooh my first timewaster! How lovely

over a year ago

"

Signed

A genuine swinger

no your not your a fake

signed

a timewaster oooooooh my first timewaster! How lovely "

if that makes you happy then i cant be a timewaster dam

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

Signed

A genuine swinger

no your not your a fake

signed

a timewaster oooooooh my first timewaster! How lovely

if that makes you happy then i cant be a timewaster dam "

im a timewaster virgin

By *arwensReturnCouple
over a year ago

darwen

no i dont think we should name and shame, yes it is annoying to get a timewaster but to name and shame would open it up for abuse how could u control it, people could get named and shamed by someone just for spite

over a year ago

"Id just like to ask the genuine swingers on here if they feel that we should be allowed to name and shame timewasters,fantasists and picture collectors as in my opinion these groups of people spoil the site for the rest of us. i arranged to meet you last week but you didnt turn up!!!!

See? How on earth can you prove thats a lie, it IS a lie but you cant prove it ISNT can you?

Concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives...there are lots of lovely people on here.

Signed

A genuine swinger "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Id just like to ask the genuine swingers on here if they feel that we should be allowed to name and shame timewasters,fantasists and picture collectors as in my opinion these groups of people spoil the site for the rest of us. "

No.

Learn to make good decisions quickly.

over a year ago

" Do you find most of the timewasters have verifications or not?"

How do we find that out? And why do you say that?

I am not one who sees Verifications as gold plated guarantees of someone but it doess indicate that they have turned up and they are who they say they are. Doesn't mean they won't let YOU down though.

Likewise someone with no verifications can be the most reliable swinger on the site.

Its personal judgment...

over a year ago

No defo not , but what do yous think about theft , i had a meet in june with another guy off the site and my hubby had his iphone stolen the guys on the site alot and meet loads of people how would you go about that , i didnt go to the police as i dont know were he lives and plus i didnt want to say i was a swinger either ..so if you get bad apples should you name and shame ??

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"No defo not , but what do yous think about theft , i had a meet in june with another guy off the site and my hubby had his iphone stolen the guys on the site alot and meet loads of people how would you go about that , i didnt go to the police as i dont know were he lives and plus i didnt want to say i was a swinger either ..so if you get bad apples should you name and shame ??"

How is this different to naming & shaming? We only have your word that this happened, so no, it shouldn't be allowed.

If it's theft - report it to the police to deal with.

over a year ago

We went out for a meet last night and i wasn't feeling well at all, i was worried about canceling and being called a timewaster, but the couple were lovely and we had a social instead and they said that they would of understood if i had canceled. But !! we have had others that just wouldn't have thought that way....

over a year ago

"No defo not , but what do yous think about theft , i had a meet in june with another guy off the site and my hubby had his iphone stolen the guys on the site alot and meet loads of people how would you go about that , i didnt go to the police as i dont know were he lives and plus i didnt want to say i was a swinger either ..so if you get bad apples should you name and shame ??

How is this different to naming & shaming? We only have your word that this happened, so no, it shouldn't be allowed.

If it's theft - report it to the police to deal with. "

Top tip in this instance! Get the 'find my iPhone' app!!

Not only can you locate it from another iPhone/laptop/pc - but you can wipe the content remotely, disable it and even send a 'I know where you are!' message!!

A friend was in a similar situation in a bar recently - and strangely - rather than risk a knock at the door from several unhappy 6ft guys (or the police!) - the phone was dropped through the bar letterbox next day!!

Just a helpful thought!!

over a year ago

"No defo not , but what do yous think about theft , i had a meet in june with another guy off the site and my hubby had his iphone stolen the guys on the site alot and meet loads of people how would you go about that , i didnt go to the police as i dont know were he lives and plus i didnt want to say i was a swinger either ..so if you get bad apples should you name and shame ??

If it's theft - report it to the police to deal with. "

Yeah really didnt want to tell the Police i was a swinger, oh well hope it never happens to you as its a violation of my home lets see how different you would feel if it happened to you.

over a year ago

Not only can you locate it from another iPhone/laptop/pc - but you can wipe the content remotely, disable it and even send a 'I know where you are!' message!!

A friend was in a similar situation in a bar recently - and strangely - rather than risk a knock at the door from several unhappy 6ft guys (or the police!) - the phone was dropped through the bar letterbox next day!!

Just a helpful thought!! "

Didnt have it on that but thank god we had insurance , TMobile told me to do this with the new one,i certainly wont have valubles out next time i have a meet at my own home

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

One person time waster may be another person diamond and best swinging partner...

It is not because someone let you down that he, her or they will let every body down

How do we work out that someone will never attend your request?

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I have had verified people stand me up.

I have also had to let someone know shortly before we were due to meet that I had to postpone and then discovered that they had blocked me - obviously they consider me a timewaster.

Life intervenes. Sometimes it's a better offer, sometimes a babysitter is late, a car breaks down, someone is I'll or gets called into work.

Sometimes they are all talk and were never going to show anyway.

There is a no show for a meet option on the report function. Use it, get over it, move on. Couples and single females are in a privileged position and can often have another possible lined up in a short space of time so even if you have a hotel room it doesn't have to go to waste.

But my advice is not to book or pay for anything till you're sure. Even then a.regular friend can have a good reason to bail so be prepared.

over a year ago

Just a helpful thought!!

Didnt have it on that but thank god we had insurance , TMobile told me to do this with the new one,i certainly wont have valubles out next time i have a meet at my own home "

Jeez - sorry vikki - didn't realise you meant at your home!! That's just wrong!!

And sadly one of those meets where in hindsight it would've been better if he had been a timewaster!!!

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"We went out for a meet last night and i wasn't feeling well at all, i was worried about canceling and being called a timewaster, but the couple were lovely and we had a social instead and they said that they would of understood if i had canceled. But !! we have had others that just wouldn't have thought that way.... "

By *ukkakecoupleukCouple
over a year ago

horsham

no not name and shame admin will not allow it but its simple one chance only then if they do not show ect its very simple BLOCK no second chance no need to explain.however i believe you should be able to see who has blocked who on here that would be interesting .as they say no smoke without fire

over a year ago

Just a helpful thought!!

Didnt have it on that but thank god we had insurance , TMobile told me to do this with the new one,i certainly wont have valubles out next time i have a meet at my own home

Jeez - sorry vikki - didn't realise you meant at your home!! That's just wrong!!

And sadly one of those meets where in hindsight it would've been better if he had been a timewaster!!! "

So true, i was well pissed off and sent the boy loads of mail he was adimt that it wasent him it was his pal, it was 2 guys my hubby and me kinda meet , needless to say ill never see it again but the guys still having partys orgys and the likes so i hope no one else gets burned by them !!!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I wouldn't want my block list visible to other users as that would mean that people who now don't know they are blocked might set up another profile to ask me why I blocked without any messages being exchanged!

And there are a couple who I have spotted and blocked for reasons that I can't and won't discuss here.

Post new Message to Thread