Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do some people...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...dress like they are going to a wedding or somewhere grand when they visit a garden centre or a diy place?

You always see them, the Hyacinth Buckets swanning around like they are at Ascot

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You haven't seen the rest of their wardrobe - that might be their most dressed down attire.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Haha dont they...

My ex mother in law used to take longer getting ready to go to the garden centre than i did for a night out.

Never did understand it

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

It's a social occasion, rather like royal ascot but on a less grand scale

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"...dress like they are going to a wedding or somewhere grand when they visit a garden centre or a diy place?

You always see them, the Hyacinth Buckets swanning around like they are at Ascot "

I was only trying to cover up and be more lady like...

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

"...dress like they are going to a wedding or somewhere grand when they visit a garden centre or a diy place?

You always see them, the Hyacinth Buckets swanning around like they are at Ascot I was only trying to cover up and be more lady like..."

It's always a social occasion for you

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

You always see them, the Hyacinth Buckets swanning around like they are at Ascot I was only trying to cover up and be more lady like...

It's always a social occasion for you"

One cannot but try...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

probably a bit like belonging to 'exclusive' clubs etc..

aspiration or snobbery perhaps..

or 'old fashioned' values of looking presentable, there are some after all who could benefit from it..

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

or 'old fashioned' values of looking presentable, there are some after all who could benefit from it.."

Trust me I look great in my Twinset and Ts

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

or 'old fashioned' values of looking presentable, there are some after all who could benefit from it.. Trust me I look great in my Twinset and Ts"

Pearl necklace also..

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

or 'old fashioned' values of looking presentable, there are some after all who could benefit from it.. Trust me I look great in my Twinset and Ts

Pearl necklace also..

"

Left the bobby socks behind thankfully.... Now pearl necklace.. that does remind me...;-)

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

or 'old fashioned' values of looking presentable, there are some after all who could benefit from it.. Trust me I look great in my Twinset and Ts

Pearl necklace also..

Left the bobby socks behind thankfully.... Now pearl necklace.. that does remind me...;-)"

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Im off to get a chainsaw today

Do I need to wear my posh hat?

By *lipperyWhenWet!Couple
over a year ago

Rochester

"Im off to get a chainsaw today

Do I need to wear my posh hat? "

Who is going to be uing it?

It may be a hard hat you need!

over a year ago

I always dress well, be it jeans and a nice top or the more formal dress.

You will never see me without my hair, discreet makeup or nails done and its all about values I think.

My values are different to yours and that's fine.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Im off to get a chainsaw today

Do I need to wear my posh hat?

Who is going to be uing it?

It may be a hard hat you need!

"

You know me.....Ill have a posh hard hat

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I always dress well, be it jeans and a nice top or the more formal dress.

You will never see me without my hair, discreet makeup or nails done and its all about values I think.

My values are different to yours and that's fine. "

My mum, my nan and great gradnma did that and joke aside, I guess they passed that on to me, too. Not a bad trait at all, I think.

over a year ago

You always see them, the Hyacinth Buckets swanning around like they are at Ascot "

Maybe they want you to think they have 'a little man for that sort of thing'......

over a year ago

May be they do not go out much, so every opportunity is a dressing up opportunity for them?

I admire their efforts, as it would take me a good few hours to polish up properly.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You always see them, the Hyacinth Buckets swanning around like they are at Ascot

Maybe they want you to think they have 'a little man for that sort of thing'......

"

Dahling, don't we all?

over a year ago

Perhaps because they are housewives and it gives them something to do? Dress up I mean

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Would like to add... the nail varnish comes out only when going to Waitrose - when shopping at Aldi I dont bother with lippy either...;-)

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Haha dont they...

My ex mother in law used to take longer getting ready to go to the garden centre than i did for a night out.

Never did understand it "

My friend dresses to the nines, including full makeup to take out her bins/work in the garden.

She drove pass my house and didn't acknowledge me because I was taking out the rubbish in my pjs and rollers.

over a year ago

A trip to the garden centre is an event! you can spend all day browsing at the big ones (oo-err missus) they have cafes at some of them now and 'arts and crafts' dept.

I'd probably want to look presentable going to one... it's not like running to B&Q in yer paint stains or muddy wellies

Oh and I love the huge green houses with stray cats sunning themselves...vicious little buggers! lol!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"A trip to the garden centre is an event! you can spend all day browsing at the big ones (oo-err missus) they have cafes at some of them now and 'arts and crafts' dept.

I'd probably want to look presentable going to one... it's not like running to B&Q in yer paint stains or muddy wellies

Oh and I love the huge green houses with stray cats sunning themselves...vicious little buggers! lol!"

Indeed ... B & Q does not warrant the 6inch heels now, does it?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Granny Crumpet is off out today, do you think she'll be dolled up like Mrs Bucket???

By *gentprovocateurWoman
over a year ago

leeds

im quite capable of dressing for any occasion who wants to look like a tramp all the time?

Post new Message to Thread