Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Picture with messages?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do people insist on you sending your face picture with the first message when they don't show there's? And some never send even after you start chatting. I don't mind sending mine but I'd also like to see there face as I'm wouldn't just sleep with anyone. Am I being picky here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

No

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No it isn't

over a year ago

"Why do people insist on you sending your face picture with the first message when they don't show there's? And some never send even after you start chatting. I don't mind sending mine but I'd also like to see there face as I'm wouldn't just sleep with anyone. Am I being picky here? "

No, you're not. We always send face pics with our first message whether we are the ones doing the intro, or responding to another couples intro to us.

We ask for face pics in return and if we don't get them, we ask again. if we still don't get them...... BYE-EEEEEE!

Oh, and we don't put up with any of this 'we can't send them/put them on Fabs due to our jobs/position' etc crap either! If you're on here, be prepared to show your face to get a meet or ..... BYE-EEEEEE!

over a year ago

Nope!

Some do - some don't!

I'm a 'slowly slowly' kind of guy - I prefer a few messages first and like to get an idea of the person/people first.

To be quite honest - if I've seen body pics, swapped a few messages and think things are going well - ill occasionally not be bothered by the face pic thing - especially if I'm doing a social meet first! Sometimes the air of mystery adds to the fun! And if at the end of the day you just don't fancy the other party - not the end of the world!

I've had some great drinks/chats with those I wouldn't want to play with. Sometimes a good laugh and some banter is enough! It's not always about the sex! There's many a forum regular I think I'd get on great with out of bed - although admittedly a few I'd like to get under the covers with too!

There's no rules - but just be comfortable and confident before worrying about who shows who first - and don't get hung up if the conversation stops or they say thanks but no thanks - that I'm afraid is life!!

Good luck!

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

ill occasionally not be bothered by the face pic thing - especially if I'm doing a social meet first! Sometimes the air of mystery adds to the fun! And if at the end of the day you just don't fancy the other party - not the end of the world!

I've had some great drinks/chats with those I wouldn't want to play with. Sometimes a good laugh and some banter is enough! It's not always about the sex! There's many a forum regular I think I'd get on great with out of bed - although admittedly a few I'd like to get under the covers with"

But isnt it a bit embarassing sitting in Starbucks having a coffee with someone with a bag on their head?

over a year ago

"

ill occasionally not be bothered by the face pic thing - especially if I'm doing a social meet first! Sometimes the air of mystery adds to the fun! And if at the end of the day you just don't fancy the other party - not the end of the world!

I've had some great drinks/chats with those I wouldn't want to play with. Sometimes a good laugh and some banter is enough! It's not always about the sex! There's many a forum regular I think I'd get on great with out of bed - although admittedly a few I'd like to get under the covers with

But isnt it a bit embarassing sitting in Starbucks having a coffee with someone with a bag on their head? "

Not met Ryan yet!!!

over a year ago

"

I've had some great drinks/chats with those I wouldn't want to play with. Sometimes a good laugh and some banter is enough! It's not always about the sex! There's many a forum regular I think I'd get on great with out of bed - although admittedly a few I'd like to get under the covers with

But isnt it a bit embarassing sitting in Starbucks having a coffee with someone with a bag on their head? "

LMFAO!!!

over a year ago

No your not being picky.. might sound odd but if i get a lot out of seeing a mans eyes and hearing his voice.

Initially its reading the text he types, but wont truly get a 'feel' for a person until i can link a voice and see his eyes/face

over a year ago

"No your not being picky.. might sound odd but if i get a lot out of seeing a mans eyes and hearing his voice.

Initially its reading the text he types, but wont truly get a 'feel' for a person until i can link a voice and see his eyes/face"

The lesson being - wear a bag by all means - but don't forget to cut the eyeholes out!!

over a year ago

"No your not being picky.. might sound odd but if i get a lot out of seeing a mans eyes and hearing his voice.

Initially its reading the text he types, but wont truly get a 'feel' for a person until i can link a voice and see his eyes/face

The lesson being - wear a bag by all means - but don't forget to cut the eyeholes out!! "

So long as i can see his eyes i really think i could tell a lot more than say a guy who wore bloomin sunglasses.. lol

over a year ago

I like to be able to see their eyes to know if they are my type or not.

the eyes are the window to the soul. you can tell quite a lot about a person by looking at their face.

one man i met who i liked, sent me a face pic in which he looked bit serious.

i wasnt too sure if i would like him.

then he sent me another one in which he was smiling and looked much nicer.

there was a big difference in the 2 photos.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

When it is messages looking to meet, I like to see a face pic sooner rather than later.

Nothing worse than the man in the boat coming alive only to be sent a photo of a face which sank a 1000 ships.

By *weetcheekstooWoman
over a year ago

southampton

"Why do people insist on you sending your face picture with the first message when they don't show there's? And some never send even after you start chatting. I don't mind sending mine but I'd also like to see there face as I'm wouldn't just sleep with anyone. Am I being picky here? "

i dont think you are being fussy lol

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I don't mind if one doesn't come with the first message, but I would rather see one sooner than later. I'm a very visual person and I generally make my choice based.on looks more than personality - a pleasant manner combined with a half decent profile and the physical type I like will get me asking for a pic.

But if I don't fancy you from the pic then it's thanks and goodbye.

So it's a waste of time and messages playing inbox ping pong when you can get a "yes, fancy a coffee this afternoon" or no thanks and good luck after one message and a pic...

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I dont think you are being fussy - I like to see a face picture at some stage but would not insist on it coming with the first message - sounds a bit "set in ways" b/w kind of personality?

Post new Message to Thread