Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Neil Armstrong

Jump to newest

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

the first man on the moon has passed away.

RIP x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"the first man on the moon has passed away.

RIP x"

was that the moon really or some old unused aircraft hangar

By *ukkakecoupleukCouple
over a year ago

horsham

"the first man on the moon has passed away. if true sad but he is a liar the americans never landed anyone on the moon still not possible today .because of radiation and the problems with the van allen belt ect we were all had

RIP x"

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A pioneering adventurer. Another step but one we all take.

By *icplforbimalebarrowCouple
over a year ago

barrow in furness cumbria

he was ahead of his time

who care if some people think it was faked what do they know

rip

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Will he be burried on the moon? I think they should do that

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Rest in peace ....

Sits on coffin

over a year ago

RIP

This thread will bring up some interesting theories.

Did he go to the moon? I don't know for sure but I think if he didn't then the Soviets would have made a big show of exposing it

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Rest in peace he boldly went where no man had been before

over a year ago

"RIP

Did he go to the moon? I don't know for sure but I think if he didn't then the Soviets would have made a big show of exposing it"

My thoughts exactly.

RIP x

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"RIP

Did he go to the moon? I don't know for sure but I think if he didn't then the Soviets would have made a big show of exposing it"

i agree but maybe they were just fooled like the rest of the world lol

i remember a program on it not long back explaning why the moon landing was fake in particular the video and they had some pretty strong evidence i know what i think

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

a modern pioneer

RIP

By *acandJulesCouple
over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

If the Americans did go to the moon why have they not gone back? There were claimed to be 6 manned landings between 1969/1972, Technology has moved on so much since the 70s it makes one think why they have not gone back! was it because they never went in the first place or something stranger like "First Contact"? One thing is sure we will never know as Goverments do not give their secrets up that easy.

over a year ago

"RIP

Did he go to the moon? I don't know for sure but I think if he didn't then the Soviets would have made a big show of exposing it

i remember a program on it not long back explaning why the moon landing was fake in particular the video and they had some pretty strong evidence i know what i think "

of course it contained strong evidence otherwise what would be the point making it. I once saw a bbc doc explaining how jesus was a buddhist monk. the evidence was compelling but it doesn't make it true

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"If the Americans did go to the moon why have they not gone back? There were claimed to be 6 manned landings between 1969/1972, Technology has moved on so much since the 70s it makes one think why they have not gone back! was it because they never went in the first place or something stranger like "First Contact"? One thing is sure we will never know as Goverments do not give their secrets up that easy."

It costs a lot of money - look at the recessions and oil wars of the 70s. But, I agree we are unlikely to get a definitive answer any time soon. I will go on believing that it happened, if only for the sheer adventure and romance of it.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

So many hundreds of individuals involved it would be most unusual for one of them not to have given up the truth if it had been faked.

I have absolutely no doubt they landed a man (men) on the moon.

A sad lost of a true pioneer....

over a year ago

Nice to see the respect of someone who has died.

Theres a time and a place for conspiracy and oppinions, this thread isnt the place.

R.I.P Niel Armstrong.

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"If the Americans did go to the moon why have they not gone back? There were claimed to be 6 manned landings between 1969/1972, Technology has moved on so much since the 70s it makes one think why they have not gone back! was it because they never went in the first place or something stranger like "First Contact"? One thing is sure we will never know as Goverments do not give their secrets up that easy."

over a year ago

"RIP

i remember a program on it not long back explaning why the moon landing was fake in particular the video and they had some pretty strong evidence i know what i think "

then you and the people who made the program arent realy very clever are you?

all the arguments saying false are easily countered but how do you counter the fact that the appollo astronauts put mirrors on the surface of the moon which we still use today to measure the retrograde orbital decay of the moon?

Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong landed on another planet lets hope we get there (and to other places) again in my life time

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"RIP

i remember a program on it not long back explaning why the moon landing was fake in particular the video and they had some pretty strong evidence i know what i think

of course it contained strong evidence otherwise what would be the point making it. I once saw a bbc doc explaining how jesus was a buddhist monk. the evidence was compelling but it doesn't make it true"

wow, how do you know it wasn't true???

over a year ago

"Nice to see the respect of someone who has died.

Theres a time and a place for conspiracy and oppinions, this thread isnt the place.

R.I.P Niel Armstrong."

Couldn't agree more, R.I.P a true legend.

By *acandJulesCouple
over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

"If the Americans did go to the moon why have they not gone back? There were claimed to be 6 manned landings between 1969/1972, Technology has moved on so much since the 70s it makes one think why they have not gone back! was it because they never went in the first place or something stranger like "First Contact"? One thing is sure we will never know as Goverments do not give their secrets up that easy.

It costs a lot of money - look at the recessions and oil wars of the 70s. But, I agree we are unlikely to get a definitive answer any time soon. I will go on believing that it happened, if only for the sheer adventure and romance of it."

Yes it does cost a lot of money and so does going to WAR, but the Americans still find the money for it. As for the romance of it would you class it as a "One night stand" I would as they never dipped their wicks there again!

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I have special space in my heart about him landing on the moon and so have my family. It was before I was born but special thoughts.

RIP Neil Armstrong xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"If the Americans did go to the moon why have they not gone back? There were claimed to be 6 manned landings between 1969/1972, Technology has moved on so much since the 70s it makes one think why they have not gone back! was it because they never went in the first place or something stranger like "First Contact"? One thing is sure we will never know as Goverments do not give their secrets up that easy.

It costs a lot of money - look at the recessions and oil wars of the 70s. But, I agree we are unlikely to get a definitive answer any time soon. I will go on believing that it happened, if only for the sheer adventure and romance of it.

Yes it does cost a lot of money and so does going to WAR, but the Americans still find the money for it. As for the romance of it would you class it as a "One night stand" I would as they never dipped their wicks there again!"

But they did didn't they?......

By *acandJulesCouple
over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

Yes it does cost a lot of money and so does going to WAR, but the Americans still find the money for it. As for the romance of it would you class it as a "One night stand" I would as they never dipped their wicks there again!

But they did didn't they?......"

Point taken but it was only a short affair, I will never believe that they went. I have nothing aganist Neil Armstrong he was just doing his duty for his country, but America likes to be a the forefront of everything and at the time of the "Space Race" there was no way they were going to let the Russians be first to the moon, even if it meant making up the greatest stroy since the bible!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Point taken but it was only a short affair, I will never believe that they went. I have nothing aganist Neil Armstrong he was just doing his duty for his country, but America likes to be a the forefront of everything and at the time of the "Space Race" there was no way they were going to let the Russians be first to the moon, even if it meant making up the greatest stroy since the bible!"

Conspiracies rely on a small number, the smallest possible number of people, being involved.....there were many hundreds involved in the Moon landing missions, I think someone would have opened up about it long before now if it never happened.

By *acandJulesCouple
over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

Point taken but it was only a short affair, I will never believe that they went. I have nothing aganist Neil Armstrong he was just doing his duty for his country, but America likes to be a the forefront of everything and at the time of the "Space Race" there was no way they were going to let the Russians be first to the moon, even if it meant making up the greatest stroy since the bible!

Conspiracies rely on a small number, the smallest possible number of people, being involved.....there were many hundreds involved in the Moon landing missions, I think someone would have opened up about it long before now if it never happened."

That is a very good point as the more that know the harder it is to keep the secret, but I still cannot believe it.

over a year ago

"RIP

but did you also watch the program than debunked the evidence in the program you watched to get both sides of the story ?

Personally I think it wouldhave been harder to fake than actually go to the moon.

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"RIP

i remember a program on it not long back explaning why the moon landing was fake in particular the video and they had some pretty strong evidence i know what i think then you and the people who made the program arent realy very clever are you?

all the arguments saying false are easily countered but how do you counter the fact that the appollo astronauts put mirrors on the surface of the moon which we still use today to measure the retrograde orbital decay of the moon?

Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong landed on another planet lets hope we get there (and to other places) again in my life time"

me?? yes i am thank you very much

easy i'd say say show me one person that has seen them with there own eyes??? if not i'd say whatever video you just watched is as fake as the moon landing (if that's the case of course before you start again lol)

my point is you don't know just like me but you accept what you've been told (fine)and i question it (which should also be fime btw)and now your getting it a lil bit personal name calling why?

i'm not calling you names and say your stupid for believing it

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/08/12 21:41:44]

over a year ago

"RIP

i remember a program on it not long back explaning why the moon landing was fake in particular the video and they had some pretty strong evidence i know what i think then you and the people who made the program arent realy very clever are you?

Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong landed on another planet lets hope we get there (and to other places) again in my life time

easy i'd say say show me one person that has seen them with there own eyes??? if not i'd say whatever video you just watched is as fake as the moon landing (if that's the case of course before you start again lol)

my point is you don't know just like me but you accept what you've been told (fine)and i question it (which should also be fime btw)and now your getting it a lil bit personal name calling why?

i'm not calling you names and say your stupid for believing it"

I know because i have used a laser to measure the distance between the point of emision and the mirror placed on the lunar surface.... Id call that 1st hand evidence or do you think nasa can change the laws of physics?

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

RIP,a true pioneer.

conspiracy theorist answer me this.

if there was no moon landing,where did all this moondust,in it's own genuine plastic orb (shaped exactly like the moon)that i've been buying from the internet come from,AHA!! proof irrefutable i think you'll find.

over a year ago

"RIP,a true pioneer.

if there was no moon landing,where did all this moondust,in it's own genuine plastic orb (shaped exactly like the moon)that i've been buying from the internet come from,AHA!! proof irrefutable i think you'll find that im totally gaga . "

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"RIP,a true pioneer.

if there was no moon landing,where did all this moondust,in it's own genuine plastic orb (shaped exactly like the moon)that i've been buying from the internet come from,AHA!! proof irrefutable i think you'll find that im totally gaga .

"

undeniably

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"RIP

i'm not calling you names and say your stupid for believing it I know because i have used a laser to measure the distance between the point of emision and the mirror placed on the lunar surface.... Id call that 1st hand evidence or do you think nasa can change the laws of physics?"

yeah alright mate i believe you lol

over a year ago

One of the small handful of people ever to walk on the moon has gone, and with him everything he saw.

I refuse to believe that thousands of NASA employees were sworn to secrecy and worked for years to send two people to a soundstage. Just to make the good ole US of A look good. That would rely on so many people keeping utterly silent. The odds of probability are that some of those people would crack and say something.

I prefer to believe that human beings worked towards one of the most uplifting endeavors in history. What we can achieve if we throw money at something worthwhile for a change.

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

hold on a second this is the US government we're talking about here and a conspiracy on the highest level (IF TRUE NOT GOING OVER THAT AGAIN) which means only a handful of people would be made aware of 'the plans' if that, don't think they was having staff meetings on how to fool the world.

now everybody has there thought's on the US government but i don't think evan they would be that stupid to rely 100's if not 1000's of NASA staff keeping there secret

over a year ago

"RIP

i'm not calling you names and say your stupid for believing it I know because i have used a laser to measure the distance between the point of emision and the mirror placed on the lunar surface.... Id call that 1st hand evidence or do you think nasa can change the laws of physics?

yeah alright mate i believe you lol "

So are you saying I didnt go on a school trip or are you saying that the laser we pointed diddnt tell us the distance to the moon to the light pico second?

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"RIP

i'm not calling you names and say your stupid for believing it I know because i have used a laser to measure the distance between the point of emision and the mirror placed on the lunar surface.... Id call that 1st hand evidence or do you think nasa can change the laws of physics?

yeah alright mate i believe you lol

So are you saying I didnt go on a school trip or are you saying that the laser we pointed diddnt tell us the distance to the moon to the light pico second?"

i'm say alright mate i believe you lol

sometimes things are that simple

over a year ago

Maybe Neil Armstrong hasnt died anyway.

According to NBC tonight in America the first man on the moon was Neil Young.

First they mess up the Olympics coverage and now the only true Hero America has !

over a year ago

neil armstrong a name that will never be forgotten,no one elses name will be remebered like his EVER.

what he did surpases any other acheivment by man

to the hoaxers,any and every argument put forward has been shown to be easily corrected with little more than a bit of logic or school science,

the evidence for is complete and total

very sad news ,but one day we will return and hopefully drop off his ashes and bring back a piece of the eagle to gouge out the eyes of the nay sayers

By *acandJulesCouple
over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

"neil armstrong a name that will never be forgotten,no one elses name will be remebered like his EVER.

to the hoaxers,any and every argument put forward has been shown to be easily corrected with little more than a bit of logic or school science,

very sad news ,but one day we will return and hopefully drop off his ashes and bring back a piece of the eagle to gouge out the eyes of the nay sayers"

Why would you want to "Gouge out the eyes of nay say's"? Differences in opinion make for good debate or are you one of the “Don’t do as I do, do as I say” brigade?

over a year ago

"the first man on the moon has passed away.

RIP x"

i remember watching it on telly at school when i was a kid, the moon landings that is

over a year ago

Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon in our lifetime but prior to our big bang, there may have been another and another etc and perhaps there was another Neil Armstrong who, perhaps walked on some of the same soil, and perhaps the soil he walked on was called earth lol

over a year ago

"neil armstrong a name that will never be forgotten,no one elses name will be remebered like his EVER.

very sad news ,but one day we will return and hopefully drop off his ashes and bring back a piece of the eagle to gouge out the eyes of the nay sayers

Why would you want to "Gouge out the eyes of nay say's"? Differences in opinion make for good debate or are you one of the “Don’t do as I do, do as I say” brigade? "

The flat earth society don't have an opinion,they speak nothing but lies and crap.

Moon hoaxers don't speak even remotely a piece of truth.they talk the spin from the few Anti government conspirasists who started this lie.the net was a lifeline to these loons.

over a year ago

Okay, Conspiracy Theorists, would you kindly take a look at this link....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

The laser reflectors placed on the Moons surface by a number of Apollo missions are still there, still in operation (and will be for as long as the Moon exists) and can be used by ANYONE on Earth - provided they have access to the necessary equipment - to laser range the Moon.

They were placed there to allow on-going measurement of the Moons distance from Earth to see over time how the Moons orbit changes and whether it is heading towards Earth, or away from us.

If the Apollo missions did NOT go to the moon, and given that these reflectors require assembly in-situ on the Moons surface, could you please explain how they got there?

They are also _iewable with a sufficiently powerful telescope....

Go on - get out of that one.....

over a year ago

I actually thought he died many moons ago

over a year ago

Pork.they have laughable reasons to everything.they say they were placed by radio control.

The original moon photos have had the mountains matched by recent jaxa photos taken.there is no way in 1969 NASA knew how the landscape looked in such detail.

The van allen belt is brought up time and time again but the radiation is far below recommended max for a worker in those situations.the whole mission was tracked by numerous seperate space agencies including Russia who knew they went.jodrell bank tracked it.Australia,Portugal and numerous others.

The amount of people involved it was a hoax,so many would have come out by now.they would still.have needed the rocket which was seen and heard for miles around.

The actual video footage could not have been cgi in 1969.

The hoaxers just want to be differnt and look clever.even when they return they will dismiss it.I'd only to tell themselves they hadn't spent the last how mny years crying about it.

over a year ago

Serves him right the cheating druggy.

I hope the bury his bike with him! ??

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 26/08/12 10:40:50]

over a year ago

I choose to believe it happened, it is possibly our greatest technical achievement to date and a real inspiration.

It happened before I was born but I will never forget the immortal words. 'One small step......

RIP.

over a year ago

"Pork.they have laughable reasons to everything.they say they were placed by radio control.

The original moon photos have had the mountains matched by recent jaxa photos taken.there is no way in 1969 NASA knew how the landscape looked in such detail.

The van allen belt is brought up time and time again but the radiation is far below recommended max for a worker in those situations.the whole mission was tracked by numerous seperate space agencies including Russia who knew they went.jodrell bank tracked it.Australia,Portugal and numerous others.

The amount of people involved it was a hoax,so many would have come out by now.they would still.have needed the rocket which was seen and heard for miles around.

The actual video footage could not have been cgi in 1969.

The hoaxers just want to be differnt and look clever.even when they return they will dismiss it.I'd only to tell themselves they hadn't spent the last how mny years crying about it."

There are many universities, observatories etc (even private enthusiasts) in this country alone, who have telescopes powerful enough to be able to see much of the hardware and man-made debris left by the astronauts on the Moon.

The simple question for all the Conspiracy Theorists is....How the f**k did it get there????

No doubt if you asked the CT's to list their top ten films, probably all would have Capricorn One in there somewhere......

over a year ago

"Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon in our lifetime but prior to our big bang, there may have been another and another etc and perhaps there was another Neil Armstrong who, perhaps walked on some of the same soil, and perhaps the soil he walked on was called earth lol "

I like the way your mind works.

Maybe in a parallel universe you or me were the first to walk on the moon!

If that's true then on another parallel universe somewhere someon has faked it....

over a year ago

"Okay, Conspiracy Theorists, would you kindly take a look at this link....

The laser reflectors placed on the Moons surface by a number of Apollo missions are still there, still in operation (and will be for as long as the Moon exists) and can be used by ANYONE on Earth - provided they have access to the necessary equipment - to laser range the Moon.

They were placed there to allow on-going measurement of the Moons distance from Earth to see over time how the Moons orbit changes and whether it is heading towards Earth, or away from us.

If the Apollo missions did NOT go to the moon, and given that these reflectors require assembly in-situ on the Moons surface, could you please explain how they got there?

"

The Russians and Chinese have their own reflectors on the moon....even though the Americans put their own reflector there with a manned mission.

over a year ago

The Russians and Chinese have their own reflectors on the moon....even though the Americans put their own reflector there with a manned mission."

Yes, but have you seen the size of the American ones??? Lol! The Ruskies left their first reflector when the Lunakhod explorer went there (also still up there) in the early 70's. The US ones are a much more elaborate affair (typical!!)

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

"Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon in our lifetime but prior to our big bang, there may have been another and another etc and perhaps there was another Neil Armstrong who, perhaps walked on some of the same soil, and perhaps the soil he walked on was called earth lol "

http://robinbrown.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/double-facepalm1.jpg

That's how I feel about this whole thread but this comment in particular.

over a year ago

I still think its disrespectful that this thread has turned into a debate instead of the original intention of giving someone the decency of bidding them a restfull passing.

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

"I still think its disrespectful that this thread has turned into a debate instead of the original intention of giving someone the decency of bidding them a restfull passing."

^This too.

I got distracted by the epic stupidity.

RIP Neil.

over a year ago

"I still think its disrespectful that this thread has turned into a debate instead of the original intention of giving someone the decency of bidding them a restfull passing."

Actually, you're quite right.

RIP Neil Armstrong..... Boldly go...

over a year ago

Why did we never go back to the moon...maybe that can be answered by the radio transcipt from Armstrong...These babbies are enormous,there are other space craft here,they are lining the crators rim and they are observing us.

over a year ago

Aside from this..... Armstrong was a fighter ace and superb test pilot......

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple
over a year ago

wombourne

Here's a thought. Maybe no one has gone back because there is fuck all there! The next logical step is landing on Mars.

Rip Neil Armstrong, a true pioneer and explorer

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

"Here's a thought. Maybe no one has gone back because there is fuck all there! The next logical step is landing on Mars.

Rip Neil Armstrong, a true pioneer and explorer"

Actually, the surface of the moon is rich in Helium-3 which we're going to need if we want to crack nuclear fusion.

over a year ago

"Here's a thought. Maybe no one has gone back because there is fuck all there! The next logical step is landing on Mars.

Actually, the surface of the moon is rich in Helium-3 which we're going to need if we want to crack nuclear fusion. "

True...and we can only speculate as to why it is there..how it got there and what is below the surface or why it rang like a bell for twenty minutes when a probe was sent crashing into it.

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

Actually, the surface of the moon is rich in Helium-3 which we're going to need if we want to crack nuclear fusion. True...and we can only speculate as to why it is there..how it got there and what is below the surface or why it rang like a bell for twenty minutes when a probe was sent crashing into it."

It's there because it was carried by solar winds from the sun and as the moon has no appreciable atmosphere to deflect it, it settled on the surface.

As for the moon "ringing like a bell" we get the same effect on earth after an earthquake, they're called aftershocks.

over a year ago

Actually, the surface of the moon is rich in Helium-3 which we're going to need if we want to crack nuclear fusion. True...and we can only speculate as to why it is there..how it got there and what is below the surface or why it rang like a bell for twenty minutes when a probe was sent crashing into it.

It's there because it was carried by solar winds from the sun and as the moon has no appreciable atmosphere to deflect it, it settled on the surface.

As for the moon "ringing like a bell" we get the same effect on earth after an earthquake, they're called aftershocks. "

But thats just an assumption....not proof.

over a year ago

"But thats just an assumption....not proof."

You're asking a lot on here... lol

Wolf

over a year ago

"But thats just an assumption....not proof.

Wolf

"

That the problem with a good mystery....so many theories by so many...we assume someone is right..but intil proven,we can only speculate.

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

Wolf

That the problem with a good mystery....so many theories by so many...we assume someone is right..but intil proven,we can only speculate."

Ok then, what's your theory?

And I you spout something from David Ickes books I will actually die laughing.

over a year ago

Wolf

That the problem with a good mystery....so many theories by so many...we assume someone is right..but intil proven,we can only speculate.

Ok then, what's your theory?

And I you spout something from David Ickes books I will actually die laughing. "

Save ya laughter wiseboy,i don't read his shit...the moon is an unanswered enigma...so who knows...not me or you know why it is there...and i have no theory.

By *cottishrichMan
over a year ago

Here and there

Just checking, I've had this discussion with a believer in reptilians before and it was an exercise in futility. Anyway, I think we've hijacked poor old Neil's thread too much already, if you want to know how the moon came to be watch Prof Brian Cox's Wonders of the Solar System/Universe. Both brilliant series.

By *ukkakecoupleukCouple
over a year ago

horsham

"

ok everyone who believes the americans landed on the moon and were equiped with only 1 hasselblad cameras and 1 16mm movie camera which never once jammed like they do on earth .how did neil armstrong take 327 pictures with perfect clarity .also it was 35mm film and seeing they only spent 2hours 57 minutes on the moons surface ,and only once left the lunar module once and re entered once how would he have changed 7 rolls of film in temperatures ranging from +200 degrees celcius in the light and -200 celcius in the shade and not once dropped lost a single roll and not one pic was over exposed or indeed melted in such temperatures .you cannot get round science and physics .and lastly we all remember the final footage of the lunar landing blasting off the moons surface and heading upwards to re join the lim .housed by michael collins.well the footage was perfectly centred as the camera panned upwards.well all you believers tell me who they left on the surface to film this as a remote camera was not possible and indeed how then did they retieve the 16mm film from the camera after the module had left the surface ,or did they reland to get it back .sorry i am not stupid its common sense what the americans never thought of 43 years ago is that one day people would be saying "hang on a minute how did they do this or that ect" point said sorry if its not what people want to hear

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

Sorry i have not read all of the thread but just wanted to say RIP to Mr Armstrong ,evidently a truly humble man who was just grateful to have been give given the opportunity to make "a giant leap for mankind"

Sleep well sir .

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

ok everyone who believes the americans landed on the moon and were equiped with only 1 hasselblad cameras and 1 16mm movie camera which never once jammed like they do on earth .how did neil armstrong take 327 pictures with perfect clarity .also it was 35mm film and seeing they only spent 2hours 57 minutes on the moons surface ,and only once left the lunar module once and re entered once how would he have changed 7 rolls of film in temperatures ranging from +200 degrees celcius in the light and -200 celcius in the shade and not once dropped lost a single roll and not one pic was over exposed or indeed melted in such temperatures .you cannot get round science and physics .and lastly we all remember the final footage of the lunar landing blasting off the moons surface and heading upwards to re join the lim .housed by michael collins.well the footage was perfectly centred as the camera panned upwards.well all you believers tell me who they left on the surface to film this as a remote camera was not possible and indeed how then did they retieve the 16mm film from the camera after the module had left the surface ,or did they reland to get it back .sorry i am not stupid its common sense what the americans never thought of 43 years ago is that one day people would be saying "hang on a minute how did they do this or that ect" point said sorry if its not what people want to hear "

Now I know you've already made up your mind, and I guess watching conspiracy theorists on Sky is a lot more entertaining than reading the sciencey stuff behind the moon landings, but have a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories

Of course, like most conspiracy theorists you've made up your own minds already. But it's worth a shot. Now, if you want to post this in another post and leave this one for the people who want to pay their respects to someone who was awesome, that would be just dandy. Thanks.

over a year ago

wyrd dont try and be rational with a conspiracist.the whole reason they believe they do is due to been unrational

looking forward to some good docu's on tv to celebrate the hero

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

R.I.P Neil.

A true legend the likes of which we may never see again.

"I see trees of green..."

over a year ago

"Sorry i have not read all of the thread but just wanted to say RIP to Mr Armstrong ,evidently a truly humble man who was just grateful to have been give given the opportunity to make "a giant leap for mankind"

Sleep well sir ."

over a year ago

Actually, the surface of the moon is rich in Helium-3 which we're going to need if we want to crack nuclear fusion. "

thats very true and while we strip mine it we can also get a few other materials from the sub strata. Regolith can be used for construction material and oxygen can be baked out for atmosphere......Other volatiles can be obtained from NEOs (water ice asteroids and carbonacious conderites can be reasonably soft landed into tze gravity well without huge amounts of delta v).

The big advantage of operating from the lunal surface is the low gravity needed to get into orbit, it only takes a 3rd as much acceleration to get off surface and is easier to slingshot from earth than the moon.....

Mars is a tough proposition but much easier from the moon than the earth....

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/08/12 20:02:50]

over a year ago

one day people will be talking about the death of the first man to land on mars.cant see any more planets been visited after that

over a year ago

"one day people will be talking about the death of the first man to land on mars.cant see any more planets been visited after that"

Oh I dont know...... Titan has an atmosphere full of petrol (or at least hydrocarbons.....).....

Europa has lots (and lots and lots and lots) of water some of which is probably liquid which make them as atractive as mars (if not more attractive, both are geologicaly active, have magnetic fields and nether would need huge imports of base elements to make them viable sites for colonies).

You can make a case that if you wanted to teraform Mars you would need to go to both of these places to get the material to top up mars's atmosphere.....

By *acandJulesCouple
over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

Rip Neil Armstrong, a true pioneer and explorer"

Why whats on Mars?

over a year ago

Why whats on Mars?"

about a quarter of the earths surface in fairly dramatic if curruntly unuseable real estate.....

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I actually thought he died many moons ago "

Nah, that was Keith

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"one day people will be talking about the death of the first man to land on mars.cant see any more planets been visited after that"

Oi, The Neptune is one I always visit on my weekly stagger home

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

They did go to the moon the engineering and science was difficult for most people to understand. Google. How apollo. Flew. The. Moon praxis publications

over a year ago

ok everyone who believes the americans landed on the moon and were equiped with only 1 hasselblad cameras and 1 16mm movie camera which never once jammed like they do on earth .how did neil armstrong take 327 pictures with perfect clarity .also it was 35mm film and seeing they only spent 2hours 57 minutes on the moons surface ,and only once left the lunar module once and re entered once how would he have changed 7 rolls of film in temperatures ranging from +200 degrees celcius in the light and -200 celcius in the shade and not once dropped lost a single roll and not one pic was over exposed or indeed melted in such temperatures .you cannot get round science and physics .and lastly we all remember the final footage of the lunar landing blasting off the moons surface and heading upwards to re join the lim .housed by michael collins.well the footage was perfectly centred as the camera panned upwards.well all you believers tell me who they left on the surface to film this as a remote camera was not possible and indeed how then did they retieve the 16mm film from the camera after the module had left the surface ,or did they reland to get it back .sorry i am not stupid its common sense what the americans never thought of 43 years ago is that one day people would be saying "hang on a minute how did they do this or that ect" point said sorry if its not what people want to hear "

if you did a bit of research you would find lots of photos were of poor quality,lots were cropped to centre a subject.

they were trained how to use the camera,which had a small aperature and large lens,so focusing is not a major worry(also answers the no stars idea)

longer exposure pics were taken of earth and stars are visable.

while pics are the subject

the l.r.o took photos of the module left on the moon and at sunrise/set the shadows are clearly visable.

next.

there are so many very good sites that answer every question the hoaxers come up with.

these use science to back up their claims rather than internet gossip

over a year ago

ok everyone who believes the americans landed on the moon and were equiped with only 1 hasselblad cameras and 1 16mm movie camera which never once jammed like they do on earth .how did neil armstrong take 327 pictures with perfect clarity .also it was 35mm film and seeing they only spent 2hours 57 minutes on the moons surface ,and only once left the lunar module once and re entered once how would he have changed 7 rolls of film in temperatures ranging from +200 degrees celcius in the light and -200 celcius in the shade and not once dropped lost a single roll and not one pic was over exposed or indeed melted in such temperatures .you cannot get round science and physics .and lastly we all remember the final footage of the lunar landing blasting off the moons surface and heading upwards to re join the lim .housed by michael collins.well the footage was perfectly centred as the camera panned upwards.well all you believers tell me who they left on the surface to film this as a remote camera was not possible and indeed how then did they retieve the 16mm film from the camera after the module had left the surface ,or did they reland to get it back .sorry i am not stupid its common sense what the americans never thought of 43 years ago is that one day people would be saying "hang on a minute how did they do this or that ect" point said sorry if its not what people want to hear

if you did a bit of research you would find lots of photos were of poor quality,lots were cropped to centre a subject.

they were trained how to use the camera,which had a small aperature and large lens,so focusing is not a major worry(also answers the no stars idea)

longer exposure pics were taken of earth and stars are visable.

while pics are the subject

the l.r.o took photos of the module left on the moon and at sunrise/set the shadows are clearly visable.

next.

there are so many very good sites that answer every question the hoaxers come up with.

these use science to back up their claims rather than internet gossip"

Apologies for usurping the thread to Neil Armstrong again, but there is another inaccuracy in the statement above.

Apollo 11's launch of Eagle to rejoin the command module was NOT filmed. Only film taken from one of the windows of the LEM (Lunar Excursion Module) by Buzz Aldrin was taken on 11.

The first take-off of a LEM from the lunar surface was on Apollo 16, and this was done with live colour video from a static camera aimed at the LEM, on a tripod on the Moons surface. That camera is still there, for what should be obvious reasons.

Actually remember very clearly watching that event live on TV when it happened.

over a year ago

pork.it goes to show how people will read one site and believe the conspiracists who by nature of their beliefs will mislead and distort.

it only takes a little effort to scan websites to find the actuall answers to hoaxer bullshit

i dont think we should appologise for seemingly hijacking a thread

but lies about neils achievments need putting straight

over a year ago

"pork.it goes to show how people will read one site and believe the conspiracists who by nature of their beliefs will mislead and distort.

it only takes a little effort to scan websites to find the actuall answers to hoaxer bullshit

i dont think we should appologise for seemingly hijacking a thread

but lies about neils achievments need putting straight"

True. Grant you that one.....

over a year ago

The internet is the dilutor of history, making truths fuzzier by the click.

Wolf

over a year ago

"The internet is the dilutor of history, making truths fuzzier by the click.

Wolf

"

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

Am i the only one that thinks that some people are taking this way too seriously?? come on i mean some people are trying so hard to prove a point researching websites putting up links etc...

yeah yeah ok before you say it i know i may have started it but for god sake it was a little banter/a light hearted joke(so to speak before they start again) never thought it would be taken so seriously or so far, chill out people not everyone has the same beliefs or will believe the same things as you

my point: what are you gonna get out of making everyone agree on this????

i thought forums were the place for a bit of banter and a good Debate but this seems a bit over the top in my opinion

over a year ago

Who are your heros? How would you feel if their achievements were rubished? and not even rubished in a reasonable way but using the most idiotic terms and weakest arguments possible? take it easy? No, id sugest grow up and allow people to show respect to a man who participated in one of humanities greatest ever technical achievements....

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"Who are your heros? How would you feel if their achievements were rubished? and not even rubished in a reasonable way but using the most idiotic terms and weakest arguments possible? take it easy? No, id sugest grow up and allow people to show respect to a man who participated in one of humanities greatest ever technical achievements...."

see that is just what i was talking about

over a year ago

Troll

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Sorry, but for once I haven't read the whole thread!!!! Have been at a sex party all weekend and someone mentioned the sad passing of Neil Armstrong and one of my first thoughts was "Who's gonna do the RIP thread on the forums????" View has truly taken on StuScotland's mantle (so long as it doesn't clash with the rest of his gear......)

Don't give a flying fuck about the conspiracy theorists, I was born in '67 and my mam insists I can't remember any of the moon landings, but I remember it being on our humungous sized telly and my relatives talking about it - although I think they were both more bothered about the safe arrival of my kid sister approx 10 days earlier

RIP Neil Armstrong - apparently a gentleman and a pioneer

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"Troll"

lmao if you say so but i say chill out relax

over a year ago

"Sorry, but for once I haven't read the whole thread!!!! Have been at a sex party all weekend and someone mentioned the sad passing of Neil Armstrong and one of my first thoughts was "Who's gonna do the RIP thread on the forums????" View hs truly taken on StuScotland's mantle (so long as it doesn't clash with the rest of his gear......)

Don't give a flying fuck about the conspiracy theorists, I was born in '67 and my mam insists I can't remember any of the moon landings, but I remember it being on our humungous sized telly and my relatives talking about it - although I think they were both more bothered about the safe arrival of my kid sister approx 10 days earlier

RIP Neil Armstrong - apparently a gentleman and a pioneer"

+1

over a year ago

Man has been to the moon and the main reason some people believe we haven't is because we've never been back there. (A total of twelve men have landed on the Moon. This was accomplished with two US pilot-astronauts flying a Lunar Module on each of six NASA missions across a 41-month time span starting on 21 July 1969, with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11, and ending on 14 December 1972 with Gene Cernan and Jack Schmitt on Apollo 17 (with Cernan being the last to step off the lunar surface).

All Apollo lunar missions had a third crew member who remained on board the Command Module. The last three missions had a rover for increased mobility.)

Cost was the main factor in ending the lunar landing programme as it was deemed that the technology to set up a permanent moon base for prolonged scientific study was unattainable at that time and the cost of sending men to the moon to collect a few meagre rock samples was impracticable. The Lunar Missions in the 60s were mainly to prove man could go to the moon.

over a year ago

At four years old, I remember the night that man landed on the moon. Armstrong was a pioneer and hero of the human race. Couldnt give a flying f*** about conspiracy theories. R.I.P. Commander Armstrong

Post new Message to Thread