Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mothers......gotta love 'em....

Jump to newest

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Mam phoned before just as I was about to go round and asked if I had a vase as she'd bought me some flowers.....I said yeah, I'm on my way round, will pick them up, thankyou very much....

Gets to Ma's and there's a lovely bunch of Gladioli (move over Morrisey) so I sez "What's this in aid of Mam?".....

"Well, you're taking me to Furness Abbey tomorrow to see the relics, and while you've been off work you've been down every day to keep me company for an hour or two" she said.........."And they were BOGOF in Tesco* and I wanted some"

Can't you always rely on a parent for honesty

*Other supermarkets are available

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Mam phoned before just as I was about to go round and asked if I had a vase as she'd bought me some flowers.....I said yeah, I'm on my way round, will pick them up, thankyou very much....

Gets to Ma's and there's a lovely bunch of Gladioli (move over Morrisey) so I sez "What's this in aid of Mam?".....

"Well, you're taking me to Furness Abbey tomorrow to see the relics, and while you've been off work you've been down every day to keep me company for an hour or two" she said.........."And they were BOGOF in Tesco* and I wanted some"

Can't you always rely on a parent for honesty

*Other supermarkets are available"

Gawwwd bless your Muvva!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its the thought that counts lol xx

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Aw bless my Mum used to do things like that, she always gave me the bogof, even if I didn't want it. I just used to slip it in the back of her cupboard

Post new Message to Thread