Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Help!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I work as a carer in a residential home. We have a resident whose confined to his bed so he wears a pad. Everytime me and this other specific carer had to change his pad she expects me to clean him every time. Shouldn't we share out the dirty work? I dont know how to bring this up with her as im a very quiet, reserved type of person. What should I do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I work as a carer in a residential home. We have a resident whose confined to his bed so he wears a pad. Everytime me and this other specific carer had to change his pad she expects me to clean him every time. Shouldn't we share out the dirty work? I dont know how to bring this up with her as im a very quiet, reserved type of person. What should I do?"

talk to your immediate superior for clarification of the protocols. if the duties should be shared then she needs to be told. either by you or your superior.

dont be afraid to stand up for yourself if you think this is unfair, as before you know it, you will be doing all the crap jobs and she will be standing around watching.

over a year ago

"I work as a carer in a residential home. We have a resident whose confined to his bed so he wears a pad. Everytime me and this other specific carer had to change his pad she expects me to clean him every time. Shouldn't we share out the dirty work? I dont know how to bring this up with her as im a very quiet, reserved type of person. What should I do?

talk to your immediate superior for clarification of the protocols. if the duties should be shared then she needs to be told. either by you or your superior.

dont be afraid to stand up for yourself if you think this is unfair, as before you know it, you will be doing all the crap jobs and she will be standing around watching."

what he said

over a year ago

"I work as a carer in a residential home. We have a resident whose confined to his bed so he wears a pad. Everytime me and this other specific carer had to change his pad she expects me to clean him every time. Shouldn't we share out the dirty work? I dont know how to bring this up with her as im a very quiet, reserved type of person. What should I do?

dont be afraid to stand up for yourself if you think this is unfair, as before you know it, you will be doing all the crap jobs and she will be standing around watching.

what he said "

agreed

Post new Message to Thread