Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Flipping Peck = Tory Scum

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So Nadir has been found guilty of stealing over 28 million from company Polly Peck and is to be sentenced today.

The same nadir who donated millions to the Tory party. Now he is convicted and there are calls for these 'donations' to be repaid. The tories refuse as they feel

'There is no evidence to suggest the money received was stolen from Polly Peck'.

Ahem ....he has just been found guilty of nicking 28 million, where the fuck do they think the money came from!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if you steal lets say a policemans wifes car and sell it on again and the policeman finds who has it you can bet your life the policeman gets his wifes car back even if its been sold to someone else.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"if you steal lets say a policemans wifes car and sell it on again and the policeman finds who has it you can bet your life the policeman gets his wifes car back even if its been sold to someone else. "

I thought this was the case for eveyone....not just a policeman?

over a year ago

"if you steal lets say a policemans wifes car and sell it on again and the policeman finds who has it you can bet your life the policeman gets his wifes car back even if its been sold to someone else.

I thought this was the case for eveyone....not just a policeman?"

yes so lets hope the tory party give back the stolen loot

over a year ago

Mr Nadir has rubbed up people in the corridors of power the wrong way and this has got nothing to do with the fact he 'stole' £28m from his own company, as let's face it, they're all at it aren't they.

There is no correlation between the money he donated to the Tory party and money he took from his company. It cannot possibly be proved that it was the same money as I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have put the missing £28m in his current account and bounced that to the Tory party. There's no case to answer and the Tories are right to distance themselves from it but I'm sure Militwat & Co will get a political mile out of it.

over a year ago

Did Labour give back the money Robert Maxwell stole from pensioners?

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

"Did Labour give back the money Robert Maxwell stole from pensioners? "

over a year ago

"Did Labour give back the money Robert Maxwell stole from pensioners? "

Too right

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"Did Labour give back the money Robert Maxwell stole from pensioners?

Too right "

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

To be honest, despite me being a Labour man, there's no case to answer here.

Unfortunately it's the level of politics in this country that this week Labour hit the tories with this and next week the Tories will find something to hit Labour back with and in a couple of years time they'll be wondering yet again why less and less people vote.

If they spent more time getting on with their real jobs on both sides of the house and less time scoring political points that mean nothing we might actually start making progress as a country

By *arkandjaneCouple
over a year ago

Lancaster

if it was his company then surely its his money. I presume it is classed as stolen because he didnt declare it.

over a year ago

"if it was his company then surely its his money. I presume it is classed as stolen because he didnt declare it.

"

its a lot more complex than that, whilst he started the company originally it was essentially owned by its shareholder of which he was only one. He took money that essentially belonged to the company and not him personally.

people forget that a limited company is a seperate entity in its own right and any drawings from the company have to be legal.

As to the Tory donations there is no case to answer as they cannot prove where teh money came from. He had a significant amount of personal wealth too.

over a year ago

i once had a friend who treated my then wife to a holiday as a thank you for something we had done for him and his family.

subsequently it turned out he had stolen most of his money from the company he worked for. There was no legal obligation for me to repay any of that as it was accepted in all good faith and without my knowledge of his crime.

the same will apply to the Tory donations.

If Labour want to use this for a bit of Tory bashing then they need to look very close to home, ie Robert Maxwell who stole millions from Mirror group pensioners and also made genrour donations to the Labour party.

the words 'pot' 'kettle' and 'black' spring to mind..

over a year ago

To be honest, despite me being a Labour man, there's no case to answer here.

Unfortunately it's the level of politics in this country that this week Labour hit the tories with this and next week the Tories will find something to hit Labour back with and in a couple of years time they'll be wondering yet again why less and less people vote.

If they spent more time getting on with their real jobs on both sides of the house and less time scoring political points that mean nothing we might actually start making progress as a country

+1 all the parties we have before us are not worth voting for its a fact .they are only interested in lining there own pockets and those of there rich friends while crushing the less fortunate in society . that go's for all the parties

over a year ago

"To be honest, despite me being a Labour man, there's no case to answer here.

+1 all the parties we have before us are not worth voting for its a fact .they are only interested in lining there own pockets and those of there rich friends while crushing the less fortunate in society . that go's for all the parties "

i would take a little issue with you there to be honest. Whilst politicians have had a bad name recently with expenses scandal it is wrong to label them all the same as money grabbers looking to line their own pockets.

there are some out there who serve as politicians because they want to do best by their constituents.

My sister in law is an MP, i shant say which side, and she takes her role very seriously. She at no time overcooked her expenses and actually earns less as a MP than she did in the job she gave up to stand for parliament.

She was a senior manager of a large corporation with a £300k salary package.

she now less than earns a quarter of that and spends more time away from her family than she ever did with her previous job, but she feels strongly about her political ideals and does her job exceptionally well.

She works more hours a week than most people i know and spends countless hours in her constituency when not at Westminster so please dont tar them all with the same brush.

If its such a cushy number and just a means to line ones pocket, then stand for election the next time round and then re-evaluate that opinion afterwards.

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

Please don't tarnish my name in association with the Tory bastards

All parties work for the very toerag bankers that are fleecing us all

over a year ago

wasnt nadir given a watch by an MP which had inscribed on it 'dont let the bastards get you down'. am i right about this?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"wasnt nadir given a watch by an MP which had inscribed on it 'dont let the bastards get you down'. am i right about this?"

yep, michael mates i believe..

they had a short interview on newsnight with him last night

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

+1 all the parties we have before us are not worth voting for its a fact .they are only interested in lining there own pockets and those of there rich friends while crushing the less fortunate in society . that go's for all the parties

i would take a little issue with you there to be honest. Whilst politicians have had a bad name recently with expenses scandal it is wrong to label them all the same as money grabbers looking to line their own pockets.

there are some out there who serve as politicians because they want to do best by their constituents.

My sister in law is an MP, i shant say which side, and she takes her role very seriously. She at no time overcooked her expenses and actually earns less as a MP than she did in the job she gave up to stand for parliament.

she now less than earns a quarter of that and spends more time away from her family than she ever did with her previous job, but she feels strongly about her political ideals and does her job exceptionally well.

She works more hours a week than most people i know and spends countless hours in her constituency when not at Westminster so please dont tar them all with the same brush.

If its such a cushy number and just a means to line ones pocket, then stand for election the next time round and then re-evaluate that opinion afterwards.

"

Oh I'd agree with you Kenny, many MP's work hard and some make a lot of money out of it, especially if they become well known or are promoted high enough in gevernment and make their money after they have stopped being an MP.

My gripe with MP's is that they spend so much of their time scoring politcal points off each other. Today it's labour chipping away at Tories over Nadir's money, and within 2 or 3 posts people fight back about the money from Maxwell etc.

Even in the big political situations like for example the Iraq War 2 or the banking crisis of 2008. The truth is if the Tories had been in government in 2001, they'd have gone to war with the Americans too, and indeed they voted for it, and the banking crisis of 2008 was started under the Thatcher government, added to by the Major government, stirred and added even more to by the Blair government and the chickens came home to roost for Brown who'd had 10 years of adding to the problem in the first place.

The reality is that all MP's put themselves first, party second and everyone else 3rd or lower. Thier goal is to promote themselves which they do by looking after their constituants and then to tow the party line.

No MP or government would have suggested reining the banks (and all other lending institutions) in or for that matter moving legislation to limit the amount house prices would rise because while it would have been the sensible thing to do, the public fired up by the press would have kicked them out of office, and yet the responsibility of MP's was to have stopped things like the banking crisis developing in the first place

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

the tax revenue from the 'city' / financial sector was about 23% in the years before the crash of 08..

easy now for the tories to say brown ergo miliband and balls let it get out of control, lack of regulation etc..

but they would have done the same, any of them who say different are taking us to be total mugs tbh..

tit fot tat is part of our system, its a complete turn off when they need to try and engage with the voters..

we get what we deserve tbh..

over a year ago

Oh I'd agree with you Kenny, many MP's work hard and some make a lot of money out of it, especially if they become well known or are promoted high enough in gevernment and make their money after they have stopped being an MP.

My gripe with MP's is that they spend so much of their time scoring politcal points off each other. Today it's labour chipping away at Tories over Nadir's money, and within 2 or 3 posts people fight back about the money from Maxwell etc.

Even in the big political situations like for example the Iraq War 2 or the banking crisis of 2008. The truth is if the Tories had been in government in 2001, they'd have gone to war with the Americans too, and indeed they voted for it, and the banking crisis of 2008 was started under the Thatcher government, added to by the Major government, stirred and added even more to by the Blair government and the chickens came home to roost for Brown who'd had 10 years of adding to the problem in the first place.

The reality is that all MP's put themselves first, party second and everyone else 3rd or lower. Thier goal is to promote themselves which they do by looking after their constituants and then to tow the party line.

No MP or government would have suggested reining the banks (and all other lending institutions) in or for that matter moving legislation to limit the amount house prices would rise because while it would have been the sensible thing to do, the public fired up by the press would have kicked them out of office, and yet the responsibility of MP's was to have stopped things like the banking crisis developing in the first place"

not entirely true. my sis in law puts her constituents first, her party second and herself last...

she cancelled a family holiday to attend a meeting with a constituent who needed help who ironically, was a supporter of teh other side..

and as for MPs stopping the banking crisis in the first place, this is a global problem not one that was caused in the UK so our economy is governed quite a lot by outside factors over which we have no control.

in my opinion the current crises was caused by people borrowing money they couldnt afford to repay and the banks lending it to them hoping to make a fast buck.

over a year ago

"if it was his company then surely its his money. I presume it is classed as stolen because he didnt declare it.

its a lot more complex than that, whilst he started the company originally it was essentially owned by its shareholder of which he was only one. He took money that essentially belonged to the company and not him personally.

people forget that a limited company is a seperate entity in its own right and any drawings from the company have to be legal. "

Correct. Even as Chairman or CEO of a company he started, as a Board Director you are employed by the company as an entity. Once Polly Peck went public (plc) the whole board of Directors were then, effectively, employed by the shareholders to run the company. Thus any money earned by the company was the shareholders first, then for the Directors to allocate. Any money taken by any means not accounted for in the annual Report and Accounts would thus have been stolen from the company.

Post new Message to Thread