Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Electric cars

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's obvious that we will all be driving electric cars in the coming years. What electric car are you more likely to own? Would you buy one from the legacy auto makers or new and disruptive auto makers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hrobinsonMan
over a year ago

Bridgnorth

I want to convert a classic car to run on electricity.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I drive a hybrid atm, so working my way in the right direction.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"It's obvious that we will all be driving electric cars in the coming years. What electric car are you more likely to own? Would you buy one from the legacy auto makers or new and disruptive auto makers?"

I’m only interested in buying once the infrastructure is in place, charging times change massively and ranges increase massively. I’m sure those changes will come, but until then they are only really viable as a second car, for commuting or city driving.

As for which producer, I would lean towards existing producers. Ever seen a Tesla that has been in a crash?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I want to convert a classic car to run on electricity."

I'm thinking much the same.

Looks like most of the manufacturers are going down the SUV route.

Ford, for example, are discontinuing all non-suv cars (what we'd consider traditional family cars) in the USA with the exception of the Mustang, and if you look at their first All-Electric vehicle that's currently being advertised, the Mustang Mach-E, it's a SUV

I can't stand SUV's

In fact, I don't think there's one car available on the market today (electric or otherwise) that I'd even consider buying. They're all so bland and boring.

What's happened with car design?

Have they all just given up?

over a year ago

"I want to convert a classic car to run on electricity.

Ford, for example, are discontinuing all non-suv cars (what we'd consider traditional family cars) in the USA with the exception of the Mustang, and if you look at their first All-Electric vehicle that's currently being advertised, the Mustang Mach-E, it's a SUV

I can't stand SUV's

In fact, I don't think there's one car available on the market today (electric or otherwise) that I'd even consider buying. They're all so bland and boring.

"

Mostly because VW own them all

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I want to convert a classic car to run on electricity.

I can't stand SUV's

"

SUVs are for average sized men, I'm told.

over a year ago

No intention of getting one anytime soon.

I'll pick up a couple of used cars before the ban comes in and run them.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"It's obvious that we will all be driving electric cars in the coming years. What electric car are you more likely to own? Would you buy one from the legacy auto makers or new and disruptive auto makers?

I’m only interested in buying once the infrastructure is in place, charging times change massively and ranges increase massively. I’m sure those changes will come, but until then they are only really viable as a second car, for commuting or city driving.

As for which producer, I would lean towards existing producers. Ever seen a Tesla that has been in a crash?

"

Yes I have some issues that need to be overcome before I can go down this route, as much as I would like to.

I only have on road parking, running a cable out to my car would entail problems (line of sight wireless charging can't be far away).

Plus my main use (outside of pandemics) is for longer journeys. I don't want to have to stop and charge on the way to a meeting.

Brand? Depends who solves the above problems best.

over a year ago

I've been driving my Honda accord for the past 11 years, it has over 170000 miles. And I'm really hoping to own and drive it for the 10 more year's. Only then would I buy an electric car.

over a year ago

You should know that if your car is older than 2011 they are changing fuel to e11...so make sure your old banger will still run...next year i think

over a year ago

"You should know that if your car is older than 2011 they are changing fuel to e11...so make sure your old banger will still run...next year i think"

Really? I've not heard of this e11. Mine is diesel.

over a year ago

How long until they confess that electric cars are even worse for the enviroment than petrol/diesel

what are we going to do with the batteries once the cars no longer used? Or in real terms, wait till everyone has moved over then goverment introduce new taxs/fines as there now bad for the enviroment

sorry im getting too cynical in my old age

j

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 14:27:12]

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"It's obvious that we will all be driving electric cars in the coming years. What electric car are you more likely to own? Would you buy one from the legacy auto makers or new and disruptive auto makers?"

Interesting you said own, the disrupters are mostly based on no-contract pay per use like the electric scooters. I’m sure ultimately the car will just come to you as and when and where you need it and you pay like Uber based on miles driven. I don’t need a car on my drive to maintain I just need transport

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"How long until they confess that electric cars are even worse for the enviroment than petrol/diesel

what are we going to do with the batteries once the cars no longer used? Or in real terms, wait till everyone has moved over then goverment introduce new taxs/fines as there now bad for the enviroment

j"

People are working on it, there’s two technologies being developed to solve it with huge investment, not just for transport but for other diesel reliant sectors

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"How long until they confess that electric cars are even worse for the enviroment than petrol/diesel

j"

over a year ago

I'll be driving internal combustion till the very last moment, simply because I can see me being able to afford an electric car.

over a year ago

I've recently looked into fitting a charging point at home and it is a requirement to let the local energy supplier know so they can predict additional network load.

I live in a village and truly believe if every house was to have two electric cars that their isn't enough copper cable in the ground to cope.

over a year ago

"I'll be driving internal combustion till the very last moment, simply because I can see me being able to afford an electric car."

This...I suspect there will be flying cars before I can afford an electric one

By *armupartistMan
over a year ago

York

I surrendered my MX5 two years ago to go electric! It’s about the future guys and keeping the planet habitable for my grandchildren and their children! Don’t put your heads in the sand... sure I wanted a Lotus or a Morgan or...? BUT we have to change we are fucking the planet!

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

"No intention of getting one anytime soon.

I'll pick up a couple of used cars before the ban comes in and run them."

Same no intention to change. They have no character. Only good thing acceleration

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 15:29:38]

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

The day is fast approaching when you won't be able to buy a new internal combustion engined car, and along with that will come the difficulties in finding a filling station!

Disruptive manufacturers may not all survive. Tesla make a very effective car, but the quality is high by American car standards, but low compared to European or Japanese brands. The big auto makers know what they have to do to survive, and very shortly development of ICE will stop and all R&D will switch to electric. The early pioneers are not always the long-term victors. I don't foresee a close out sale in December 2029 of ICE vehicles. They'll be gone before then, and the choice will reduce rapidly. Hybrids can continue until 2035.

Most traditional manufacturers build electrified version of existing cars rather than go for a clean sheet design. Ford did electric version of the Focus and C-Max before the Mach-E Mustang, and Volkswagen had the e-UP and e-Golf before the ID series. The change is happening fast.

Range anxiety is less of an issue than it once was. The real issue is infrastructure anxiety. There is compatibility issues between some charges and cables, and right now there are not enough. If you've a drive way, great, whack on a home charger. But if you only have on-street parking, you've an issue. But that will be resolved in time (one idea is building chargers in lamp posts). In time, every parking bay will have a charge point. Closed induction loop charging in roads is also a possibility.

With a decline in petrol / diesel powered cars, which will accelerate as 2030 nears, so to will the availability of filling stations. They've been in decline for years! By 2030, an ICE driver could face similar issues to an electric driver today!

Of course the huge advantage of electric powered cars is the electricity can be powered by renewables. More work needs doing here, but it's changing. The real dnvoirmental nightmare is the mining of the materials required for batteries. Here its more important than ever for good recycling of batteries.

But hydrogen would have been a much better solution!

By *r and Mrs GravestoneCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

Drive a Tesla. Hands down the best car I’ve driven, which has been many and the safest car on the road.

Any questions please ask

over a year ago

500000 gallons of water to extract 1 ton of lithium. Yup such a great change.

over a year ago

"You should know that if your car is older than 2011 they are changing fuel to e11...so make sure your old banger will still run...next year i think"

You mean E10.

A lot of scaremongering going around about this.

E10 has been around in Europe since about 2007.

Motor manufacturers are made aware of such changes years in advance, because of design and development timescales and so on, and will have been making sure their vehicles could cope with it as early as 10 years before it's introduction. Basically, they design a vehicle to last 10, maybe 15 years and so it has to be able to run on whatever fuel is going to be available duing it's life cylce.

In the United states they've had E10 (and E85) since 1990, so cars designed for that market will have been ready for it since 1980.

Now, consider this. VW, BMW, Mercedes and many other European and Japanese manufacturers sell vehicles in the USA.

Some are pretty much identical models to those they sell here (with slight differences concerning lighting regulations etc)

It would surely have made sense to those manufacturers to implement necessary product changes / improvememnts to cope with E10 across their entire product line.

It makes sense.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Our next car will be electric. When that will be who knows current car is 5 years old and doing pretty well.

Our concern is obviously infrastructure and how how long to charge. Going on a long journey don't want to pull into a service station and discover no charging points or all are currently in use. Also at present nearly on empty pull into a garage fill up and back driving in less than 5 minutes, how long does it take to full recharge an electric vehicle?

over a year ago

I won’t be getting one any time soon. I’m getting a new car by the end of the year and I won’t be doing electric even though I have my own drive so could do a port

A friend has a electric one and I think it’s a bag of shit personally. They can only do a small amount of miles on it before they have to stop which makes days out a ball ache.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I won’t be getting one any time soon. I’m getting a new car by the end of the year and I won’t be doing electric even though I have my own drive so could do a port

A friend has a electric one and I think it’s a bag of shit personally. They can only do a small amount of miles on it before they have to stop which makes days out a ball ache. "

I'm not sure what they have, but I may only get 30 miles of electric, but I've just filled mine for the 3rd time and done 1400 miles since i bought the car, so it does help a lot.

over a year ago

"I won’t be getting one any time soon. I’m getting a new car by the end of the year and I won’t be doing electric even though I have my own drive so could do a port

A friend has a electric one and I think it’s a bag of shit personally. They can only do a small amount of miles on it before they have to stop which makes days out a ball ache. "

True add mountains like where I live electric not a good option.Pulling hills drains batteries fast.

By *armupartistMan
over a year ago

York

A friend has a electric one and I think it’s a bag of shit personally. They can only do a small amount of miles on it before they have to stop which makes days out a ball ache.

True add mountains like where I live electric not a good option.Pulling hills drains batteries fast."

Not true, what goes up hill must go down and an electric car recharges down hill!

As for pull/power electric engines have much higher torque at low rev and accelerate and pull in my experience as well as equivalent sized fossil fuel motors.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I think the prices and charging times need to come right down and the ranges up before i would consider one, unless the government have got a spare 50k to give me.

T

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I drive a hybrid and my driving style means I’ll try to keep it in eco mode whilst driving around my local area. So keeping down the fuel costs and hopefully something towards the environment.

over a year ago

Waiting for the chunky looking 4 x 4 electric cars

Hopefully some will pop out in next 18 months.

over a year ago

True add mountains like where I live electric not a good option.Pulling hills drains batteries fast.

Not true, what goes up hill must go down and an electric car recharges down hill!

As for pull/power electric engines have much higher torque at low rev and accelerate and pull in my experience as well as equivalent sized fossil fuel motors. "

Lol tell that to my neighbor in his Tesla he hates it. After watching him constantly struggle in winter. No thanks. Just a personal opinion. He only drives it on weekends now and bought a Cherokee and has no issues.

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I will not be driving electric cars for as long as possible I kind of like my gas guzzling vehicles maybe not to good for the environment but I don't mind paying through the nose for tax and fuel

over a year ago

Has to be a Nissan Leaf to help the local economy.

over a year ago

"I surrendered my MX5 two years ago to go electric! It’s about the future guys and keeping the planet habitable for my grandchildren and their children! Don’t put your heads in the sand... sure I wanted a Lotus or a Morgan or...? BUT we have to change we are fucking the planet!"

Doing more damage by getting a electric car look in to lithium mineing one electric car made is the same as running a Land Rover for 50 years

To meny cars in the world new car sales down easy fix pay governments to ban old cars force everyone in to buy “ green ” nothing green about lithium mineing

Can I ask how is 50 tones off acid water leaked in to the ground for one electric car battery green

over a year ago

"I want to convert a classic car to run on electricity."

Me too. Something that doesn’t rely on the character of its ICE though. Also I’d want to make it easily reversible.

over a year ago

I’m a MASSIVE petrol head. My life pretty much revolves round cars and I’m 100% in favour of electric cars. There’s a lot of bullshit spouted by people who just don’t want to like them about range anxiety etc. Look at the Late Brake Show YouTube channel. He does lots about EV’s and general car stuff. Yes the tech is new and expensive but it will get more accessible and better within the next 5 years. It’s already come on leaps and bounds since the Prius came out.

over a year ago

I have a brand new BMW 330e M Sport Hybrid and it is by far the best car that I have owned so far and actually saves me money each month compared to the diesel VW Passat R Line I had before it.

I hated the idea of it before but now I have the car it is a game changer for me and saves me quite a bit of money each month as well.

Worse thing about them is the non stop amount of people walking out in front of you as they can't hear the car coming

over a year ago

"Waiting for the chunky looking 4 x 4 electric cars

Hopefully some will pop out in next 18 months. "

Land rover/range rover already do them

By *oryou47Man
over a year ago

carlow

"I've been driving my Honda accord for the past 11 years, it has over 170000 miles. And I'm really hoping to own and drive it for the 10 more year's. Only then would I buy an electric car. "

Is it diesel, are supposed to be very reliable

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I wont be... I will be like mad max and still have my v6 rumbling away like a proper car should sound

over a year ago

I had a bmw i3 (long range) i ran 233,000 miles in it before selling it.

it was flawless did derby to london with no issues. It wasnt the best looking car by any means but with my other cars being V8 petrols it saved me a ridiculous amount of fuel.

Im waiting for the new electric ford f150 electric pickup to be released ill be having one once theyre on sale.

over a year ago

"It's obvious that we will all be driving electric cars in the coming years. What electric car are you more likely to own? Would you buy one from the legacy auto makers or new and disruptive auto makers? I wont be... I will be like mad max and still have my v6 rumbling away like a proper car should sound "
lol same.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"It's obvious that we will all be driving electric cars in the coming years. What electric car are you more likely to own? Would you buy one from the legacy auto makers or new and disruptive auto makers? I wont be... I will be like mad max and still have my v6 rumbling away like a proper car should sound lol same."

Life imitates art....

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I had a bmw i3 (long range) i ran 233,000 miles in it before selling it.

it was flawless did derby to london with no issues. It wasnt the best looking car by any means but with my other cars being V8 petrols it saved me a ridiculous amount of fuel.

Im waiting for the new electric ford f150 electric pickup to be released ill be having one once theyre on sale. "

You know I'm going to be begging you to let me have a ride then!

In the truck. Obviously

over a year ago

Im waiting for the new electric ford f150 electric pickup to be released ill be having one once theyre on sale.

In the truck. Obviously "

How about the restomod 1953 ford f100? thats not far off being finished

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

In the truck. Obviously

How about the restomod 1953 ford f100? thats not far off being finished "

Why Gatsby, I think you know the answer to that one!

(It's a yes, yes, a thousand times yes by the way)

over a year ago

In the truck. Obviously

How about the restomod 1953 ford f100? thats not far off being finished "

I want a ride in the 53 Ford!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I was on the original Tesla model 3 waiting list but got the money back when the original quoted price went up…

Now I am waiting to see what happens with the baby Tesla and the model Y before making the jump…

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

Not tempted at all by electric, using your heater, Air con, radio or charging your phone will mean you reduce your range, installing a quick charge point in your home will cost as much as the car itself in rural areas as the existing lines, cables and transformers are not up to the job.

Most households have 2 car's so who charges the car overnight! Simply not viable yet in my opinion.

over a year ago

In the truck. Obviously

How about the restomod 1953 ford f100? thats not far off being finished

I want a ride in the 53 Ford! "

Your more than welcome buddy

over a year ago

I’m going acoustic, kinder to the environment.

over a year ago

I'll pick up a couple of used cars before the ban comes in and run them. Same no intention to change. They have no character. Only good thing acceleration "

Model 3 s is no faster than either of mine

over a year ago

I liked at electric motorbikes and have tested a few.

But currently they are too expensive. I just paid 16k for a Harley yet their electric version is close to 30k.

That's a second hand jaguar f-type.

over a year ago

That’s bollocks. What’s your average journey distance? Most EV’s can easily do 200 miles now.

over a year ago

House on double yellows only in street parking, did seriously look at an electric motor cycle but the price and realistic range put me off. So I bought a ten year old triumph that I'll run until it stops, bonus is the 50-55mpg I'm getting

over a year ago

I'll pick up a couple of used cars before the ban comes in and run them. Same no intention to change. They have no character. Only good thing acceleration

Model 3 s is no faster than either of mine"

Faster electric car is a p100dl with Motor mod and no back seats currently dose 8.6-8.8 on the street

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I would let my research decide the brand. As I have no intrest in one anytime time soon so I haven't research and thus have no opinion on the matter.

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

The fastest electric car is the Aspark Owl, which has a top speed of 248mph and gets from 0-62 mph in 1.7 seconds.

over a year ago

Check out the Rimac Nevera 2000bhp

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

"The fastest electric car is the Aspark Owl, which has a top speed of 248mph and gets from 0-62 mph in 1.7 seconds."

What's the price tag?

Total waste of resources if it's about saving the planet

over a year ago

"The fastest electric car is the Aspark Owl, which has a top speed of 248mph and gets from 0-62 mph in 1.7 seconds.

What's the price tag?

Total waste of resources if it's about saving the planet"

Maybe it isn’t about saving the planet? Maybe it’s because it’s the best thing for the job?

over a year ago

I'll pick up a couple of used cars before the ban comes in and run them. Same no intention to change. They have no character. Only good thing acceleration

Faster electric car is a p100dl with Motor mod and no back seats currently dose 8.6-8.8 on the street "

There's nearly always someone with a faster car than you. I have mates running road legal sub 8 second cars that would walk over that.

Besides the point, pretty much all electric cars are dull and soulless to drive in my opinion, unless you have a Rimac or similar.

Driven a model 3 performance, fast yes, completely uninvolving and boring to drive.

I'll keep hold of my ICE cars for as long as I can.

over a year ago

Hahahahahahahaha.

By *eeowlsMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I have gone and got Myself a self charging hybrid I love it and no complaints from me!!

A self charging car runs on electric and petrol it charges when braking steering etc and petrol engine part charges it too so around 50/50 on it running electric and petrol

It is One of the nicest cars I have owned and driven!!

I love it!!

over a year ago

"The day is fast approaching when you won't be able to buy a new internal combustion engined car, and along with that will come the difficulties in finding a filling station!

Disruptive manufacturers may not all survive. Tesla make a very effective car, but the quality is high by American car standards, but low compared to European or Japanese brands. The big auto makers know what they have to do to survive, and very shortly development of ICE will stop and all R&D will switch to electric. The early pioneers are not always the long-term victors. I don't foresee a close out sale in December 2029 of ICE vehicles. They'll be gone before then, and the choice will reduce rapidly. Hybrids can continue until 2035.

Most traditional manufacturers build electrified version of existing cars rather than go for a clean sheet design. Ford did electric version of the Focus and C-Max before the Mach-E Mustang, and Volkswagen had the e-UP and e-Golf before the ID series. The change is happening fast.

Range anxiety is less of an issue than it once was. The real issue is infrastructure anxiety. There is compatibility issues between some charges and cables, and right now there are not enough. If you've a drive way, great, whack on a home charger. But if you only have on-street parking, you've an issue. But that will be resolved in time (one idea is building chargers in lamp posts). In time, every parking bay will have a charge point. Closed induction loop charging in roads is also a possibility.

With a decline in petrol / diesel powered cars, which will accelerate as 2030 nears, so to will the availability of filling stations. They've been in decline for years! By 2030, an ICE driver could face similar issues to an electric driver today!

Of course the huge advantage of electric powered cars is the electricity can be powered by renewables. More work needs doing here, but it's changing. The real dnvoirmental nightmare is the mining of the materials required for batteries. Here its more important than ever for good recycling of batteries.

But hydrogen would have been a much better solution!

"

Parts of Portsmouth already have lamp post chargers fitted.

In France my very small town has 2 chargers in the free car park and I think many places in France do.

over a year ago

Anyone seen an electric car burn? Crashes will be a lot more spectacular when everyone is driving them.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Anyone seen an electric car burn? Crashes will be a lot more spectacular when everyone is driving them."

Won't that increase global warming!?

over a year ago

Off-road fully electric is kind off a ridiculous idea. Battery goes dead out 4 wheeling. Then what send your other friends to fetch a charging station ?

By *ennysouthMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Got one. Never going back to burning fuel to go anywhere.

By *toobguyMan
over a year ago

Manchester

As they become more prevalent the costs will come down, and I expect them to be the same cost or cheaper than ICE versions in 3-5 years. As for charging, the home ones have monitors in and only charge when the house is using a little electric. Overnight charging will do for the majority of people.

My main gripe with them is they're virtually all SUV's, and I hate SUV's.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

It’s the end of the road ( no pun) for the freedom of driving for the masses. Car ownership will once again become the preserve of the rich.

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

"The fastest electric car is the Aspark Owl, which has a top speed of 248mph and gets from 0-62 mph in 1.7 seconds.

What's the price tag?

Total waste of resources if it's about saving the planet

Maybe it isn’t about saving the planet? Maybe it’s because it’s the best thing for the job? "

A job for what purpose unless it's to reduce pollution, I'm not convinced with how green and viable so called renewable energy is to produce the amount of energy required!

There was a festival recently that had 2 electric charging points that was powered by a diesel generator! Total load of tosh

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

That’s bollocks. What’s your average journey distance? Most EV’s can easily do 200 miles now. "

no good when you need more than that.... now I can pull in..spend 10mins filling the car and quick toilet visit and on my way. I also like my aircon on and my music loud. I also drive with my lights on 24/7 ( habit from my bike days) plus there is the issue of charging it at home to consider too.

over a year ago

Faster electric car is a p100dl with Motor mod and no back seats currently dose 8.6-8.8 on the street

There's nearly always someone with a faster car than you. I have mates running road legal sub 8 second cars that would walk over that.

Besides the point, pretty much all electric cars are dull and soulless to drive in my opinion, unless you have a Rimac or similar.

Driven a model 3 performance, fast yes, completely uninvolving and boring to drive.

I'll keep hold of my ICE cars for as long as I can."

Just saying the fastest quarter mile electric car is a old p100dl

Yip 8 and 7 are nothing on the streets these day if your not running 3.9x - 4.3 in the 1/8th you not got a chances to meny 10.5 pro mods on the streets these days

over a year ago

"500000 gallons of water to extract 1 ton of lithium. Yup such a great change."

THIS! All those thinking how much good they're doing the environment in their EVs need to open their eyes, as always the western world feels good about themselves at the expense of other countries

over a year ago

electric cars arnt the future, they take power stations to charge, they use lithium for the battries, most of which cant be recycled, they polute more than people think, im not sure its the answer, im also not sure what is, hydrogen is also flawed as it takes huge amounts of electricity to produce,electric is a fad that hopefully will fizzle out, people who dont know think its green, but its not much better than fossil fuels,until something better is invented i cant see fossil fuel cars going anwhere

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"electric cars arnt the future, they take power stations to charge, they use lithium for the battries, most of which cant be recycled, they polute more than people think, im not sure its the answer, im also not sure what is, hydrogen is also flawed as it takes huge amounts of electricity to produce,electric is a fad that hopefully will fizzle out, people who dont know think its green, but its not much better than fossil fuels,until something better is invented i cant see fossil fuel cars going anwhere"

Maybe travel less? You know not build a home then spend all your time trying to work and live away from it.?

over a year ago

"electric cars arnt the future, they take power stations to charge, they use lithium for the battries, most of which cant be recycled, they polute more than people think, im not sure its the answer, im also not sure what is, hydrogen is also flawed as it takes huge amounts of electricity to produce,electric is a fad that hopefully will fizzle out, people who dont know think its green, but its not much better than fossil fuels,until something better is invented i cant see fossil fuel cars going anwhere

Maybe travel less? You know not build a home then spend all your time trying to work and live away from it.? "

Unless you are a truck driver.

over a year ago

"electric cars arnt the future, they take power stations to charge, they use lithium for the battries, most of which cant be recycled, they polute more than people think, im not sure its the answer, im also not sure what is, hydrogen is also flawed as it takes huge amounts of electricity to produce,electric is a fad that hopefully will fizzle out, people who dont know think its green, but its not much better than fossil fuels,until something better is invented i cant see fossil fuel cars going anwhere

Maybe travel less? You know not build a home then spend all your time trying to work and live away from it.? "

People will always need to commute,to think otherwise is nieve,the best jobs are in places people can't afford to live in, obviously in an ideal world we could all walk to work,but we don't live in an ideal world,so cars aren't going anywhere anytime soon,public transport isn't good enough and people are used to the convenience so we need to make the best of what we have

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

"Anyone seen an electric car burn? Crashes will be a lot more spectacular when everyone is driving them."

Correct. They can't be put out for ages as they burn ferociously due to the lithium batteries. But nobody tells you that. They weigh more & chew tyres which are more expensive than standard ones. Add roof bars, bike carriers, roof box etc for holidays you're gonna pull down your range massively with all that extra drag. Plus what about towing caravans etc. Most electric cars are not homologated for that. It's almost like we are being forced into not going anywhere in future to reduce human activity.

Post new Message to Thread