FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you like London or do you love London?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I love London.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hate London

It's far too hectic

over a year ago

I hate it... Camden is the only bit I have ever liked

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I love London for so many reasons

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

There at the weekend. Loads of no bra ladies.

over a year ago

"There at the weekend. Loads of no bra ladies. "

Are you not aware of #freethrnipple campaign?

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Hate London

It's far too hectic "

This. Not a fan.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I was born in London and will always love it.

over a year ago

Had to go to Hoxton a while back. First time going to London on my own. Ask a conductor at St Pancreas If I was on the right platform and for directions. Looked at me like I had just killed his cat.

Then had a crazy lady follow me through Hoxton.

Wont be going back

over a year ago

I do..

I enjoy discovering new places of the beaten path too. On my list to see Cross Bones garden and memorial ground next...

over a year ago

I like to visit but a day or two is plenty.

Its almost like a sensory overload for me, and I need quiet and greenery around me after to restore my equilibrium x

By *traight_no_iceMan
over a year ago

Stoke

Of course I love London!

By *awk90Man
over a year ago

Amsterdam

I like London, for a day or weekend there! It is way too busy for me to live in it, though

over a year ago

"Had to go to Hoxton a while back. First time going to London on my own. Ask a conductor at St Pancreas If I was on the right platform and for directions. Looked at me like I had just killed his cat.

Wont be going back"

Why do you think the lady was following you?

over a year ago

Used to love London. Now I'm not fussed by it.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Well it is my home

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I do..

I enjoy discovering new places of the beaten path too. On my list to see Cross Bones garden and memorial ground next..."

On my list for the summer, it’s those quirky hidden places off the beaten track that just add to it all, along with the quiet pockets of countryside you forget you are in a city.

By *asmartsCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

Love it and we are visiting next weekend

over a year ago

Love London hate driving in it, you folks are crazy drivers

over a year ago

"I do..

I enjoy discovering new places of the beaten path too. On my list to see Cross Bones garden and memorial ground next...

On my list for the summer, it’s those quirky hidden places off the beaten track that just add to it all, along with the quiet pockets of countryside you forget you are in a city. "

Shall we share the lists ? I'd ask you to join but I'm petrified of rejection

over a year ago

I can't stand London. I've been once and vowed never to go again after being groped by an old lady on the circle line at rush hour.

over a year ago

"I can't stand London. I've been once and vowed never to go again after being groped by an old lady on the circle line at rush hour. "

Wait.. what? Did you get her number?

over a year ago

Neither. I hate London.

Hated it even more after having to commute into the city for a number of years

over a year ago

I hate London. Completely refuse to go there anymore. I’ve had colleagues and family caught up in both the Westminster and London Bridge terror incidents, and the increase in violent crime generally over the past 5 years terrifies me. I’m just a country boy from north Devon really, never had that kind of stuff to deal with and I’m not equipped to handle it if I ever had to face it. Shame, there was a time I practically was up in Camden every weekend

By *alhamCoupleCouple
over a year ago

London

"Well it is my home "

over a year ago

It has its moments.

There's some nice things about London. mainly on the convenience side of things.

I do find it a bit hectic if I'm honest. Am currently thinking of moving out if London, but unsure of where to go.

Maybe Milton Keynes? It's a lot quieter down there. Lots of green space etc and not very densely populated. Although, there's tonnes of annoying roundabouts!

over a year ago

Born and raised but def has its moments

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm pretty Meh !! About it these days I grew up around Ealing and Shepard's Bush and always loved the vibe going to Notting hill gate and Paddington, trips to Soho and covent garden but I feel that it's lost its magic and doesn't feel like a place to visit and relax sit and people watch.

It's just manic,rush rush rush all anyone is interested in is over charging everyone.

And all the burbs have been taken over by the upper middle class corner shop's turned into mini fortnum and mason's and treating local pubs like a crèche.

We moved away in 2001, don't think we would ever move back.

over a year ago

I like to visit, but always glad to leave again

over a year ago

"I'm pretty Meh !! About it these days I grew up around Ealing and Shepard's Bush and always loved the vibe going to Notting hill gate and Paddington, trips to Soho and covent garden but I feel that it's lost its magic and doesn't feel like a place to visit and relax sit and people watch.

It's just manic,rush rush rush all anyone is interested in is over charging everyone.

And all the burbs have been taken over by the upper middle class corner shop's turned into mini fortnum and mason's and treating local pubs like a crèche.

We moved away in 2001, don't think we would ever move back."

Hit the nail on the head. Rush rush everywhere.

There's a few restaurants and bars that have time limits for godsakes!

And the over charging is getting out of hand, yet everyone willingly forks up all the time.

Madness.

over a year ago

I love London, it has such an eclectic mix of scenery, greenery and everything else thrown in.

For those who don't like the busy side of it, now is probably the best time to take the plunge and visit, as it is still relatively quiet to pre pandemic levels.

over a year ago

"I love London, it has such an eclectic mix of scenery, greenery and everything else thrown in.

For those who don't like the busy side of it, now is probably the best time to take the plunge and visit, as it is still relatively quiet to pre pandemic levels.

"

Good tip

over a year ago

Looooove London! Literally I never felt such freedom like I do in London x

over a year ago

"It has its moments.

There's some nice things about London. mainly on the convenience side of things.

I do find it a bit hectic if I'm honest. Am currently thinking of moving out if London, but unsure of where to go.

Maybe Milton Keynes? It's a lot quieter down there. Lots of green space etc and not very densely populated. Although, there's tonnes of annoying roundabouts!

"

MK is a shit hole lol. It's a horrible place.

Olney side near wear I am is nice. But it's getting very congested and public services are a bit strained

over a year ago

"Had to go to Hoxton a while back. First time going to London on my own. Ask a conductor at St Pancreas If I was on the right platform and for directions. Looked at me like I had just killed his cat.

Wont be going back

Why do you think the lady was following you? "

I dont know

But she had quite obvious mental issues. I hate stuff like that tbh, makes me feel bad. Plus the amount of homeless people I saw. But MK is pretty bad for that last time I went there also

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"It has its moments.

Olney side near wear I am is nice. But it's getting very congested and public services are a bit strained "

It’s only getting bigger as well. Went to the Olney Sainsburys today and there is a bloody great crane looming over the landscape.

over a year ago

"It has its moments.

Olney side near wear I am is nice. But it's getting very congested and public services are a bit strained "

Maybe because I find London to be such a shit hole, that I find anything else compared to it as heaven

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Absolutely love it

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Hate working in London but love being a tourist in London

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Hate working in London but love being a tourist in London "
best thing about working in London was finishing work on a Friday and staying there.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Dont like it at all! Paris on the other hand love it! X

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I love London, it has such an eclectic mix of scenery, greenery and everything else thrown in.

"

It is almost like a ghost town in places, well except when the protestors decide to take it over but they are easily avoided

over a year ago

"Dont like it at all! Paris on the other hand love it! X"

Wei, Como Sawa?

over a year ago

It is almost like a ghost town in places, well except when the protestors decide to take it over but they are easily avoided "

I saw a guy with a placard on Saturday.. you haven't seen your granny but Hancock saw a fanny..

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I do..

On my list for the summer, it’s those quirky hidden places off the beaten track that just add to it all, along with the quiet pockets of countryside you forget you are in a city.

Shall we share the lists ? I'd ask you to join but I'm petrified of rejection "

Happy to swap lists…. Rejection, more like you’d get bored as I constantly take photos

over a year ago

On a mooch

It is almost like a ghost town in places, well except when the protestors decide to take it over but they are easily avoided

I saw a guy with a placard on Saturday.. you haven't seen your granny but Hancock saw a fanny.. "

over a year ago

"I do..

Happy to swap lists…. Rejection, more like you’d get bored as I constantly take photos "

Bloody hell. I'll learn something from you. Please ! I'll arrive with finest Smirnoff imitation from my native country and we will drink to memory of paupers and prostitutes laid there on the exit.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Great place to visit but I’d hate to live there.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I like to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I like quieter, more open places.

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Hate working in London but love being a tourist in London best thing about working in London was finishing work on a Friday and staying there. "

True, bookending your working day with 2hrs on the train to/from Leeds could take the shine off any day

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I do..

Happy to swap lists…. Rejection, more like you’d get bored as I constantly take photos

Bloody hell. I'll learn something from you. Please ! I'll arrive with finest Smirnoff imitation from my native country and we will drink to memory of paupers and prostitutes laid there on the exit. "

Happy to although not sure I’ll teach you much, especially if you pile me with vodka

over a year ago

Dislike

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I do..

On my list for the summer, it’s those quirky hidden places off the beaten track that just add to it all, along with the quiet pockets of countryside you forget you are in a city. "

I love the little hidden places, if you turn out of Kings Cross station and walk up along the right side of the station, you go through some public gardens and the right at the end there's a skip garden, it's basically a cafe and nursery and everything is being grown in/ made from recycled stuff from skips.

It's really interesting plus you can climb up a few flights of stairs to a vantage point and look out over London.

over a year ago

"I do..

I love the little hidden places, if you turn out of Kings Cross station and walk up along the right side of the station, you go through some public gardens and the right at the end there's a skip garden, it's basically a cafe and nursery and everything is being grown in/ made from recycled stuff from skips.

It's really interesting plus you can climb up a few flights of stairs to a vantage point and look out over London."

Yay. I might do it this week Thank you.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I do..

It's really interesting plus you can climb up a few flights of stairs to a vantage point and look out over London."

Thanks, that area is on my list to go explore as changed so much, I’ll keep an eye for it

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Lived in London for a number of years when I was younger I find it a wonderful place to just get lost in. I adore wandering around the variety of markets, exploring vintage shops, trying new places to eat, catching a gig…there’s a vibrant atmosphere to London that is often lost on the people who live there, I much prefer to be a visitor now xx

By *..FirstMan
over a year ago

london

Love the theatre and a few nice restaurants but get in and get out as quickly as possible.

Cities are tolerable for short burst but they (not just London) are cesspits, overpriced and unfriendly places.

over a year ago

"I do..

It's really interesting plus you can climb up a few flights of stairs to a vantage point and look out over London.

Thanks, that area is on my list to go explore as changed so much, I’ll keep an eye for it "

Have you been to St Dunstan in the East? I might got the name wrong.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Dont go there often, everything is expensive.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I do..

Thanks, that area is on my list to go explore as changed so much, I’ll keep an eye for it

Have you been to St Dunstan in the East? I might got the name wrong. "

You’ve got it right and it’s on my list… I’ll send you it.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

London’s a great city.

I will admit to a couple of irritations with it - the idea that nothing happens outside of it culturally (I used to live within walking distance of one of the finest arts centres and one of the best concert venues in Europe when in Cardiff).

Also, Wales is full of people moved to London, banged on endlessly for twenty years about how they couldn’t live anywhere else and Ealing was too far out of “town”. Now they are all banging on relentlessly about their alpaca herds in The Cambrian Mountains .

Minor gripes though - great city.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I do..

Thanks, that area is on my list to go explore as changed so much, I’ll keep an eye for it "

Another place that I love, is the very long tunnel, called Leake Street, that has a gallery/art venue of it, and is between Waterloo station and the London eye, running underneath Waterloo train tracks.

At the opposite end to the London eye there are a few really interesting street food stores, and also it's where Honour latex, Waterloo is situated.

Walking through the tunnel, is living changing graffiti. I believe it's 300 meters, and it started when banksy made a film there, now it is recovered every few days and you will often see graffiti artists at work.

It has its own kind of atmosphere and I feel is a fabulous way to spend an extra few minutes when in London.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I adore it from afar.

If I were younger, fitter and rich I would be there every weekend doing something different/drinking in different venues and eating at different restaurants.

London is huge and has myriad of things to do.

over a year ago

It’s too busy, and too peopley . I need greenery.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I do..

Another place that I love, is the very long tunnel, called Leake Street, that has a gallery/art venue of it, and is between Waterloo station and the London eye, running underneath Waterloo train tracks.

At the opposite end to the London eye there are a few really interesting street food stores, and also it's where Honour latex, Waterloo is situated.

Walking through the tunnel, is living changing graffiti. I believe it's 300 meters, and it started when banksy made a film there, now it is recovered every few days and you will often see graffiti artists at work.

It has its own kind of atmosphere and I feel is a fabulous way to spend an extra few minutes when in London."

It’s a fab place and back on my list for this summer, as haven’t seen it for a couple of years, an ever changing canvas

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I hate it... Camden is the only bit I have ever liked"

I love Camden. The city / tourist sites are boring but loads of other nice places and markets. I was at south bank and borough market 2 weeks ago , loved it

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"I love London."

I used to, back in the 60's and 70's born and raised in Tottenham... but it changed, and I changed. No longer so cushty.

Still love the Waltham Abbey and Epping areas though, miss them a lot.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Dont go there often, everything is expensive.

"

Travelling around London isn't though, and there's free stuff to do if you don't want to buy anything.

I rarely buy anything when I go.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Wont be going back"

Well judging a place of 8m people on one Conductor is a bit harsh... Give it another go... Bet you ll grudgingly love it.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"It’s too busy, and too peopley . I need greenery."

It's been nice with no foreign tourists, but still quite busy with British people who can't go abroad visiting.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"It’s too busy, and too peopley . I need greenery.

It's been nice with no foreign tourists, but still quite busy with British people who can't go abroad visiting.

"

Agree it’s a lot quieter but still busy in the tourist hotspots. Move away from them and you’ll find the quieter and green places.

over a year ago

I like London.

But I'm not saying why

over a year ago

Love it. Amazing place full of opportunity, drive and buzz. Downside is it can be very stressful, is always expensive and crowded. But that’s all part of what drives the buzz. There’s always a feeling of anything can happen. Having also experienced a number of other smaller UK cities none quite match London for the buzz. That’s not to say they don’t have own charms. But London is head and shoulders above in terms of opportunity.

over a year ago

"I like London.

But I'm not saying why"

That's very Londoner like..

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I love London."

Dr Johnson had it spot on.

over a year ago

I loved London in the 80's, went back about 4 years ago and it's now the same as every other European capital city. Same shops, same people. There are still some kooky places to go but my old haunts have been "gentrified" and are just a bit pretentious now.

over a year ago

Not a lover of London at all but it’s ok for a visit I suppose.

Tony

over a year ago

Elephant and castle station on fire at moment

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Love London!

over a year ago

Neither, fell out of love with it years ago, it is not what it was

By *onguesandpunsMan
over a year ago

East Midlands

I lived in London in the early 2000s and would never live there again. It was great at the time, but I'd never go back even though opportunities have come up through work. London is way too expensive and I actually do far more as a visitor to London than I ever did when I lived there, because I can afford to! I've also found I'm more inclined to get out and about as a visitor to London than when living there because getting across the city on public transport is a novelty when you're visiting, but soon becomes tiresome when it's your daily commute. If anyone living in London is thinking of leaving to move further north I say do it, your quality of life will improve significantly.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Elephant and castle station on fire at moment"

Thankfully not the actual station, a garage underneath but affecting the local area & station

By *onguesandpunsMan
over a year ago

East Midlands

"I lived in London in the early 2000s and would never live there again. It was great at the time, but I'd never go back even though opportunities have come up through work. London is way too expensive and I actually do far more as a visitor to London than I ever did when I lived there, because I can afford to! I've also found I'm more inclined to get out and about as a visitor to London than when living there because getting across the city on public transport is a novelty when you're visiting, but soon becomes tiresome when it's your daily commute. If anyone living in London is thinking of leaving to move further north I say do it, your quality of life will improve significantly. "

Still a great place to visit though. World class galleries and museums!

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

There’s parts of London I avoid and other parts I love. Camden is always a place I’ll find myself gravitating towards, but Oxford Street I’ll avoid. However on a Saturday afternoon they’re both as equally busy.

It’s a place I can dress and walk around (the centre certainly) in relevant peace and not be hassled.

So yes I London but the parts I generally go to only

over a year ago

"Elephant and castle station on fire at moment

Thankfully not the actual station, a garage underneath but affecting the local area & station "

Thank you

By *obert RichardsMan
over a year ago

Surrey

Sometimes depending on where I'm working and traffic etc x

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I used to enjoy going fit a few days with my late partner, he could understand the underground system so travelling around it was pretty easy but it really is too peopley for me, all that rushing dnd busting around the streets isn’t really for me

over a year ago

Wont be going back

Well judging a place of 8m people on one Conductor is a bit harsh... Give it another go... Bet you ll grudgingly love it. "

No way to busy in general for me. I dont well in crowds of people

I have some fond memories of London from when i was very young in Hamleys and being driven around by my grandadad who was a Black Cab driver.

I am originally from Uxbridge and was born in Hillingdon

By *ukeM8519Man
over a year ago

Sligo

Love London

over a year ago

Hate London, the rent is extortionate even in the shit areas

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"I love London.

I used to, back in the 60's and 70's born and raised in Tottenham... but it changed, and I changed. No longer so cushty.

Still love the Waltham Abbey and Epping areas though, miss them a lot.

"

I spent a chunk of my childhood living near Epping, it's a lovely place...and where my love of forests stems from; Epping forest is the best playground

over a year ago

Hate it.

I can't wait until I can afford to buy somewhere quieter and more... simple

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I don't mind an occasional short trip to London, but I'm much more at home in the countryside than any city.

By *lice MaliceWoman
over a year ago

The Facility

I love visiting London but have only really done that in recent years for the Army vs Navy rugby at Twickenham back in the days when we could actually do stuff.

In the hustle and bustle of the busy city though I always felt alive, but very much like a country mouse.

over a year ago

I think you meant loathe not love

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I fahkin luv it dunni!

It’s a wonderful place, for a weekend!

over a year ago

For museums and art galleries I love it.

By *oastal1968Man
over a year ago

London

Used to love it when it was full of cockneys/Londoners. Not anymore.

over a year ago

I have never properly been so couldnt say. Just skirted the edges.

By *uvhandle20Man
over a year ago

SE London

I love London, but I have to leave it soon for another job

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

The problem we have in London is over gentrification pricing out people and knocking the interesting and unique edges off the city.

As I've said it is my home and I love it but I hate how it is being run and administrated.

over a year ago

LOVE LONDON. MY SECOND HOME XXXX

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

London is the best.

over a year ago

Nice to visit for a few days but would hate to live there the people are miserable

By *elethWoman
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I absolutely love visiting the town where I was born, and am unimaginably grateful I no longer live there.

over a year ago

I love London.. always regretted not making the move in my 20’s.

So I plan on moving there once the kids have flown the nest!

over a year ago

Love London, hate the West End.

over a year ago

I’ll be there Sunday night, I can’t wait, it’s the company far more than the location. But I like London

By *ondon-guy68Man
over a year ago

London

Can’t say I love it but still live here so I suppose it’s like. I would bugger off from it given the chance now I think.

It’s just way too busy these days for me as I ermmmm mature (pre COVID) so I rarely go into the west end anymore but there’s still enough to do without that and the convenience of the wide variety of pubs and restaurants still appeal.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Neither

Post new Message to Thread