Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do opposites really attract ?

Jump to newest

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

In a traditional relationship , bringing up kids together it makes sense to have the same background and values on big things like education, finance , maybe even politics and hobbies but on here do you find those with the same viewpoints a little boring and are drawn towards something very different ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In my experience it makes for an interesting few weeks or months but ultimately that’s it

over a year ago

I found someone's extreme political views can be rather off-putting. I don't discuss religion as such, unless part of a small chat with close friends

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I think opposites can seem exciting, but then that excitement can quite easily lead to the discovery you're on very different pages as far as the deeper stuff goes. That your visions and values clash on a core level.

over a year ago

For me, most serious topics are best left out of the bedroom, especially politics. I don't want to have Boris Johnson on my mind when someone's hanging out the back of me

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

There are some things that I’d expect to see eye to eye on, others that it doesn’t matter.

If I’m building a life together that’s very different from spending a few hours together for a meet.

I’d expect that person to be respectful, understand and maintain boundaries, be open minded and intelligent but beyond that I don’t need to be on the same page about holistic medicine, politics or religion.

over a year ago

We’ve fallen pretty far as a society if politics decide who we fall in love with

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"For me, most serious topics are best left out of the bedroom, especially politics. I don't want to have Boris Johnson on my mind when someone's hanging out the back of me "

You put that so elegantly!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Depends on what it is I guess. Bringing up children etc I believe you have to be to on the same page.

But me and M have completely different hobbies and interests. I've taken him to art galleries, which he wouldn't have done and he enjoyed it. I over analyse things he's more let's do it. Which for me is a good thing as I get to experience more things that I'd like.

over a year ago

"For me, most serious topics are best left out of the bedroom, especially politics. I don't want to have Boris Johnson on my mind when someone's hanging out the back of me "

I don’t even think Boris Johnson’s mrs has Boris Johnson on the mind when he’s hanging out the back of her!

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

As BeerHound said, I to believe that in the short term, opposites can indeed attract.

Certainly, the curiosity factor alone of someone so diametrically and polar opposite to oneself (in terms of lifestyle etc) can actually serve as a draw.

However, over time the differences invariably transmute to effective chasms and holding nothing or at least, very little in common with a partner is generally only going to lead to a feeling of isolation and unhappiness.

over a year ago

???? Couldn’t think of anything more off putting

over a year ago

This may have made me give off a loud kakkle, but it would seem opposites do not attract as I'd love to have borris jhonson on my mind been hung out the back of....

"Shudders to the very core of himself"....... with pleasure

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"As BeerHound said, I to believe that in the short term, opposites can indeed attract.

Certainly, the curiosity factor alone of someone so diametrically and polar opposite to oneself (in terms of lifestyle etc) can actually serve as a draw.

However, over time the differences invariably transmute to effective chasms and holding nothing or at least, very little in common with a partner is generally only going to lead to a feeling of isolation and unhappiness."

over a year ago

Brilliant...hanging out the back...

over a year ago

I love opposites but I have to agree and say that ultimately, this is true but there has to be an open mindness to wanting to bridge the gap and make the extra step both ways to compromise and meet in the middle. Otherwise people who are at the polar opposite won’t work together in the long run

over a year ago

Opposite in every way with my ex, biggest most expensive mistake of my life

By *anae21Woman
over a year ago

Nearer than you think

"Opposite in every way with my ex, biggest most expensive mistake of my life"

Ditto.

Big mistake. Huge!

over a year ago

"Opposite in every way with my ex, biggest most expensive mistake of my life

Ditto.

Big mistake. Huge! "

Yep ditto

over a year ago

"Opposite in every way with my ex, biggest most expensive mistake of my life"

Gosh I wish things which my ex ruined were available in the market to buy as replacement, for example trust in people.

over a year ago

Gosh I wish things which my ex ruined were available in the market to buy as replacement, for example trust in people. "

Oh for sure I definitely meant more than materially expensive.

over a year ago

Gosh I wish things which my ex ruined were available in the market to buy as replacement, for example trust in people.

Oh for sure I definitely meant more than materially expensive."

Poor lads been gay ever since!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Tbh I don't go that deep on here with people I want to meet sexually, I prefer to concentrate on the sensuality of our connection

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 11:38:31]

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Gosh I wish things which my ex ruined were available in the market to buy as replacement, for example trust in people. "

I thought yes! But then I second guessed myself instantly with the "it'll only be a waste of money so why bother?"

And that people is just how deep the damage goes. When even if you could replace something that could give you an opportunity, you wouldn't, because now you don't even trust trust!

over a year ago

Poor lads been gay ever since!"

Kinda feels like I've been bent over and fucked in the arse

over a year ago

Kinda feels like I've been bent over and fucked in the arse"

I hope that hole she left in you slowly begins to close up with time buddy!

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"In a traditional relationship , bringing up kids together it makes sense to have the same background and values on big things like education, finance , maybe even politics and hobbies but on here do you find those with the same viewpoints a little boring and are drawn towards something very different ?"

Yes they do and no they don’t haha

My last girlfriend was completely opposite to me. She was as vanilla as they come, 10 years younger, liked partying with her friends, wasn’t a swinger, etc. It lasted 18 months.

My girlfriend before that, once again, completely opposite, 8 years younger, liked partying, wasn’t a swinger etc. This lasted 15 years.

It’s all about how you adapt to the person you’re with and how they adapt to you.

over a year ago

Kinda feels like I've been bent over and fucked in the arse

I hope that hole she left in you slowly begins to close up with time buddy! "

Cheers man, living my best life

over a year ago

"I love opposites but I have to agree and say that ultimately, this is true but there has to be an open mindness to wanting to bridge the gap and make the extra step both ways to compromise and meet in the middle. Otherwise people who are at the polar opposite won’t work together in the long run "

I agree with the above^^. I think opposites can work if you both put the effort in and compromise - but then that would be true for any form of relationship that is going to go longer term.

Outside of Fab most of my relationships have been with women who are opposite to me in temperament. They've always been extroverted while I'm introverted.

On Fab I notice those who seem introverted more than the more seemingly extrovert.

Post new Message to Thread