Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

6 packs or dad bods?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Seen a lot of polls on this over recent years, is the dad bod the new 6 pack and are we all wasting our time going to the gym??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I like both

over a year ago

"I like both "
me too, and I like pie so my days of a six pack are long gone ha

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Why have a 6-pack when you can have a brewery?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Recent years? More like thrice weekly

The general consensus is, much like dick size, the fellas care FAR more than women do.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"Why have a 6-pack when you can have a brewery? "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve got one of those small pressure kegs you can buy in the supermarket. Thankfully it’s getting smaller.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Go to the gym but leave the 6 pack. Those with one look really hungry! Or that they're putting something other than food in them

over a year ago

Both are hot but more depends on the guy that's attached to it.

Dad bod though? is there a drool emoji? Haha!

over a year ago

"Why have a 6-pack when you can have a brewery? "

A fuel tank for a love machine

over a year ago

Either or. Its all about the face really.

Can have an absolutely amazing figure, but if I don't find them facially appealing- body doesn't matter.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I like both me too, and I like pie so my days of a six pack are long gone ha"

Mmmmm pie

By *he Knight is YoungMan
over a year ago

22 Acacia Ave, Preston-for now

51 and still got my 6 pack.

Work hard,play hard

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Either or. Its all about the face really.

Can have an absolutely amazing figure, but if I don't find them facially appealing- body doesn't matter."

This for me too. Definitely face for me don’t matter how gorgeous the body is.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I can't for one minute, imagine being sexually attracted to a bloke and then saying ............. oh dear, no xylophone ribs..... fuck off....

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Can have an absolutely amazing figure, but if I don't find them facially appealing- body doesn't matter.

This for me too. Definitely face for me don’t matter how gorgeous the body is. "

Yep, and a beautiful personality makes the face more attractive.

over a year ago

"51 and still got my 6 pack.

Work hard,play hard "

Lol fair play, but you can still work hard and not have one, it’s body fat % and as stated above, I like pie too much ha

over a year ago

I will be honest I prefer a softer non 6 pack body but I'm a sucker for strong muscles in the arms

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Bold of you to assume that I train for anyone other than myself

LvM

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Why have a 6-pack when you can have a brewery?

A fuel tank for a love machine "

Mine's more of a power station. I need lots of horsepower for 21 stone.

over a year ago

This for me too. Definitely face for me don’t matter how gorgeous the body is. "

Fair one, could have the body of a Greek god and the face of a chewed up jelly baby!

over a year ago

"Seen a lot of polls on this over recent years, is the dad bod the new 6 pack and are we all wasting our time going to the gym?? "

Both are good…however your body is yours and going to the gym should be something you do for yourself…not others

over a year ago

"I will be honest I prefer a softer non 6 pack body but I'm a sucker for strong muscles in the arms "

This is kind of what I strive for. Although I seem to have better luck with my legs than arms.

over a year ago

"Bold of you to assume that I train for anyone other than myself

LvM"

Lol touché, no assumptions made though, I train purely for myself as I like to keep fit but I wondered about the opinions surrounding physiques on a site like this and if it plays a major role in initial attraction, obviously it plays a role, just to what extent

By *irtuousBullMan
over a year ago

lake district

"I will be honest I prefer a softer non 6 pack body but I'm a sucker for strong muscles in the arms

This is kind of what I strive for. Although I seem to have better luck with my legs than arms. "

Legs grow far faster than anything else, I just think most guys go bi and trunk because they know women love it

over a year ago

Yep, and a beautiful personality makes the face more attractive. "

Exactly. And the better the chemistry, I'm pretty sure their all over attractiveness just increases

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

The thing is we're all attracted to different things, whether it be six packs or Dad bods, hairy or shaven, big or small boobs, blonde, brunette or redhead etc or the many many other things that play a part in attraction - there is no one thing that wins the day in any subjective thing that comes down to personal taste.

So personally I stick to what I am comfortable with and able to realistically achieve for me - if people find that attractive then great, if they don't then equally great - there will be others that do.

over a year ago

To be honest I think the stomach is the last part of a man I would be looking at....

By *AM2214Man
over a year ago

Manchester Area

"Recent years? More like thrice weekly

The general consensus is, much like dick size, the fellas care FAR more than women do."

made me laugh as much as your profile ....

To answer OP Surely a connection is more important ..ive had severe six pack and out of date full barrel belly ...still same person inside ...

over a year ago

I think I’m halfway in between, so suits nobody

over a year ago

"To be honest I think the stomach is the last part of a man I would be looking at....

"

What’s the first bit?

over a year ago

"Seen a lot of polls on this over recent years, is the dad bod the new 6 pack and are we all wasting our time going to the gym??

Both are good…however your body is yours and going to the gym should be something you do for yourself…not others "

I agree, although we live in a society currently which is very vocal about health and fitness and the optimal physical appearance, I wonder if actual real people support that theory or if the health and fitness industry exploit our wants and needs to look more appealing to the opposite sex (or the same sex) or if it is in fact irrelevant to the every day person

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Yep, and a beautiful personality makes the face more attractive.

Exactly. And the better the chemistry, I'm pretty sure their all over attractiveness just increases"

Yep.

Then they do something shitty and instantly look like the love child of Skeletor and Hitler

over a year ago

Body image is way too much of a focus in people's mind.

Some people love that gym look, other's don't. Some people want rock hard abs, other's want a cuddly belly. It's all about preference.

We all need to stop polling against each other and love our bodies, no matter what shape or size.

over a year ago

"To be honest I think the stomach is the last part of a man I would be looking at....

What’s the first bit?"

Eyes/smile/face

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Seen a lot of polls on this over recent years, is the dad bod the new 6 pack and are we all wasting our time going to the gym??

Both are good…however your body is yours and going to the gym should be something you do for yourself…not others

I agree, although we live in a society currently which is very vocal about health and fitness and the optimal physical appearance, I wonder if actual real people support that theory or if the health and fitness industry exploit our wants and needs to look more appealing to the opposite sex (or the same sex) or if it is in fact irrelevant to the every day person "

Health and fitness I can buy into - they go hand in hand and are important, or should be, for each and every one of us.

The obsession with optimal physical appearance is to an extent a by-product of that which I don't - so long as I am healthy and fit, I'll decide, for me, how I look best and feel most comfortable, not have it dictated to me by society.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

Someone with a kind heart

over a year ago

The general consensus is, much like dick size, the fellas care FAR more than women do.made me laugh as much as your profile ....

To answer OP Surely a connection is more important ..ive had severe six pack and out of date full barrel belly ...still same person inside ..."

Oh I don’t disagree, a connection is definitely more important but is the world as fickle as it is made out to be, say two people sent the exact same message and their pictures were that of a six pack and that of a dad bod, I’d be inclined to say the six pack would receive probably the more replies, yet from a lot of polls many now say the dad bod is more for them, I was just interested to hear opinions from people on here that are most likely to be replying to profiles with those exact pictures lol

over a year ago

"Seen a lot of polls on this over recent years, is the dad bod the new 6 pack and are we all wasting our time going to the gym?? "

6 packs for me x

over a year ago

What’s the first bit?

Eyes/smile/face

"

Then around the thighs area?

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Gym bods are lovely to admire. But the guy behind the body is more important to me.

over a year ago

Couldn't careless what others think of my body, I do it for me.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I agree, although we live in a society currently which is very vocal about health and fitness and the optimal physical appearance, I wonder if actual real people support that theory or if the health and fitness industry exploit our wants and needs to look more appealing to the opposite sex (or the same sex) or if it is in fact irrelevant to the every day person

Health and fitness I can buy into - they go hand in hand and are important, or should be, for each and every one of us.

The obsession with optimal physical appearance is to an extent a by-product of that which I don't - so long as I am healthy and fit, I'll decide, for me, how I look best and feel most comfortable, not have it dictated to me by society. "

Exactly.

For the most part it's about making money. If it really was ALL about health we'd be encouraged to grow our own produce, we wouldn't be working flat out to pay basic bills. But no, we're here to pay pay pay any and every way conceivable.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

The general consensus is, much like dick size, the fellas care FAR more than women do.made me laugh as much as your profile ....

To answer OP Surely a connection is more important ..ive had severe six pack and out of date full barrel belly ...still same person inside ...

Oh I don’t disagree, a connection is definitely more important but is the world as fickle as it is made out to be, say two people sent the exact same message and their pictures were that of a six pack and that of a dad bod, I’d be inclined to say the six pack would receive probably the more replies, yet from a lot of polls many now say the dad bod is more for them, I was just interested to hear opinions from people on here that are most likely to be replying to profiles with those exact pictures lol "

I think this thread alone has proven that perception wrong though - in fact I've seen just as many gym fit guys bemoaning their lack of responses 9n here as I have Dad bod types, and to a degree I think it does the ladies a slight disservice to suggest they would be so shallow as to always go for the gym fit - much the same as it would be if it was suggested us guys always go for a Barbie doll type.

over a year ago

Oh I don’t disagree, a connection is definitely more important but is the world as fickle as it is made out to be, say two people sent the exact same message and their pictures were that of a six pack and that of a dad bod, I’d be inclined to say the six pack would receive probably the more replies, yet from a lot of polls many now say the dad bod is more for them, I was just interested to hear opinions from people on here that are most likely to be replying to profiles with those exact pictures lol

I think this thread alone has proven that perception wrong though - in fact I've seen just as many gym fit guys bemoaning their lack of responses 9n here as I have Dad bod types, and to a degree I think it does the ladies a slight disservice to suggest they would be so shallow as to always go for the gym fit - much the same as it would be if it was suggested us guys always go for a Barbie doll type."

I was in no way suggesting women are shallow, you’ve taken that out of context, maybe my post was lost in translation, my point was with the exact same message but two different pictures then the reply would solely fall down to appearance, hence my initial question of are people more likely to go for a six pack or dad bod, more hypothetical than insinuating anybody is shallow

over a year ago

What’s the first bit?

Eyes/smile/face

Then around the thighs area? "

You have me sussed completely ha ha

Don't forget those neck muscles and broad shoulders as well

By *he Knight is YoungMan
over a year ago

22 Acacia Ave, Preston-for now

Work hard,play hard

Lol fair play, but you can still work hard and not have one, it’s body fat % and as stated above, I like pie too much ha"

I one of "those" people who can eat what they want and not put weight on...

Sometimes I wish I could just mess about with 2 stone just to put it where I want it

over a year ago

Work hard,play hard

Lol fair play, but you can still work hard and not have one, it’s body fat % and as stated above, I like pie too much ha

I one of "those" people who can eat what they want and not put weight on...

Sometimes I wish I could just mess about with 2 stone just to put it where I want it "

Quitting smoking ruined that for me, I can just look at a digestive and put a stone on!

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I have a 6pack body and I like the look and yes, you have to diet harder than the last time to have one. I like the challenge

over a year ago

I would always favour an athletic body over a dad bod, but if an owner of a dad bod had a handsome face and nice tackle, then I would still meet

over a year ago

"I have a 6pack body and I like the look and yes, you have to diet harder than the last time to have one. I like the challenge "

That’s what does it for me, the dieting lol too much of a foodie

over a year ago

"I would always favour an athletic body over a dad bod, but if an owner of a dad bod had a handsome face and nice tackle, then I would still meet "

That’s fair enough ha

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

I think this thread alone has proven that perception wrong though - in fact I've seen just as many gym fit guys bemoaning their lack of responses 9n here as I have Dad bod types, and to a degree I think it does the ladies a slight disservice to suggest they would be so shallow as to always go for the gym fit - much the same as it would be if it was suggested us guys always go for a Barbie doll type.

I was in no way suggesting women are shallow, you’ve taken that out of context, maybe my post was lost in translation, my point was with the exact same message but two different pictures then the reply would solely fall down to appearance, hence my initial question of are people more likely to go for a six pack or dad bod, more hypothetical than insinuating anybody is shallow"

Apologies, I probably wasn't clear and didn't take it that you were suggesting that per se - was more making an observation about the general perception that the six pack would receive more replies.

You quite often see guys on here saying things like "I don't stand a chance as I don't have a six pack" and it was perceptions like that I was commenting on more than anything

over a year ago

"I have a 6pack body and I like the look and yes, you have to diet harder than the last time to have one. I like the challenge

That’s what does it for me, the dieting lol too much of a foodie "

I almost had proper 6 pack couple times over the years but it is a hassle for sure. As long as tummy is flat and looks reasonably toned I am happy with that on myself personally

over a year ago

I was in no way suggesting women are shallow, you’ve taken that out of context, maybe my post was lost in translation, my point was with the exact same message but two different pictures then the reply would solely fall down to appearance, hence my initial question of are people more likely to go for a six pack or dad bod, more hypothetical than insinuating anybody is shallow

Apologies, I probably wasn't clear and didn't take it that you were suggesting that per se - was more making an observation about the general perception that the six pack would receive more replies.

You quite often see guys on here saying things like "I don't stand a chance as I don't have a six pack" and it was perceptions like that I was commenting on more than anything "

Cool, I’m with you

over a year ago

"I have a 6pack body and I like the look and yes, you have to diet harder than the last time to have one. I like the challenge

I almost had proper 6 pack couple times over the years but it is a hassle for sure. As long as tummy is flat and looks reasonably toned I am happy with that on myself personally "

Yeah I don’t have a health diet at all, just have to breast myself in the gym that little extra to burn off all the shit food lol

over a year ago

I almost had proper 6 pack couple times over the years but it is a hassle for sure. As long as tummy is flat and looks reasonably toned I am happy with that on myself personally

Yeah I don’t have a health diet at all, just have to breast myself in the gym that little extra to burn off all the shit food lol "

Beast!! lol

over a year ago

Yeah I don’t have a health diet at all, just have to breast myself in the gym that little extra to burn off all the shit food lol

Beast!! lol "

Thought you were promoting your disco tits until you clarified

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

That’s what does it for me, the dieting lol too much of a foodie "

Yes and it is also the knowing that only few people can achieve it and take it to the next level, by the way. I like to listen to greg doucette, he have alot info about it as well and yes I am a foodie as well lol, but I eat in controlled portions.

over a year ago

Beast!! lol

Thought you were promoting your disco tits until you clarified "

Lol fucksake… better get back in the gym

over a year ago

That’s what does it for me, the dieting lol too much of a foodie Yes and it is also the knowing that only few people can achieve it and take it to the next level, by the way. I like to listen to greg doucette, he have alot info about it as well and yes I am a foodie as well lol, but I eat in controlled portions."

I eat out of a trough haha

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Remember when Zac Efron did that documentary and everyone said he had a dad bod despite that fact he was fucking jacked with a 4 pack still?

People’s ideas of what a dad bod is are very different.

I think I can say with some confidence that most woman what a guy that looks like he works out but also enjoys his food.

Big arms, slight belly or slight 6 pack doesn’t matter, just nothing to extreme either way, big legs, muscular back

They don’t want a slob

They equally don’t want a guy with veins everywhere that refuses to eat a carb

Perfect scenario? They want a hard working carpenter with big arms and legs that works hard all day then comes home for a few beers and a big tasty dinner. A worker type body

Or a rugby player build

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I think I quite like an in between bod thinking about it. I like big men, broad shoulders, strong arms, big chests . More rugby player type I supposed.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

My interpretation of a dad-bod is someone without defined abs and a waist larger than 36".

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Remember when Zac Efron did that documentary and everyone said he had a dad bod despite that fact he was fucking jacked with a 4 pack still?

People’s ideas of what a dad bod is are very different.

I think I can say with some confidence that most woman what a guy that looks like he works out but also enjoys his food.

Big arms, slight belly or slight 6 pack doesn’t matter, just nothing to extreme either way, big legs, muscular back

They don’t want a slob

They equally don’t want a guy with veins everywhere that refuses to eat a carb

Perfect scenario? They want a hard working carpenter with big arms and legs that works hard all day then comes home for a few beers and a big tasty dinner. A worker type body

Or a rugby player build "

Agreed, and well put

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I think I quite like an in between bod thinking about it. I like big men, broad shoulders, strong arms, big chests . More rugby player type I supposed. "

Fancy a scum?

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I think I quite like an in between bod thinking about it. I like big men, broad shoulders, strong arms, big chests . More rugby player type I supposed.

Fancy a scum? "

I hate rugby and even I know it’s a scrum .

Isn’t it?

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I think I quite like an in between bod thinking about it. I like big men, broad shoulders, strong arms, big chests . More rugby player type I supposed.

Fancy a scum?

Isn’t it?"

I'll learn to read my typing - one day.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Fancy a scum?

Isn’t it?

I'll learn to read my typing - one day. "

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

Wasting time? You really think 6 pack abs are the only reason people go to the gym? What if I told you that some of us have totally different objectives for going to the gym (that have minimum to do with aesthetics)...and the way our bodies look is just the byproduct of how we train and we eat?

To think that some of us are not obsessed with "perfect" bodies...mind blowing, right?

over a year ago

I had a compliment the other day about my dad bod was very surprised but apparently a few ladies go goo goo for them so that put a smile on my face

over a year ago

Health is more important OP. I wouldn’t worry about six packs. Do something active you enjoy.

Also, I think swingers prefer stamina

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I like both and all in-between

over a year ago

"I like both and all in-between "

Come and cuddle my keg anytime.

over a year ago

Wasting time? You really think 6 pack abs are the only reason people go to the gym? What if I told you that some of us have totally different objectives for going to the gym (that have minimum to do with aesthetics)...and the way our bodies look is just the byproduct of how we train and we eat?

To think that some of us are not obsessed with "perfect" bodies...mind blowing, right?"

It was more rhetorical with a hint of sarcasm, I wasn’t attempting to dig anybody out, I know through experience how hard it is to have and maintain a six pack and over recent years I’ve relaxed a lot with my training, I still train and am physically fit for the job I have etc but I don’t watch my diet half as much as I did in my younger years, again wasn’t a post to dig anybody out or criticise training/diet regimes

By *dquestCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

Funny, but for wife, dad bods are fine on the male half of a couple as long as he has a great smile. However, the bar goes way up for the super rare single guy.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

I almost had proper 6 pack couple times over the years but it is a hassle for sure. As long as tummy is flat and looks reasonably toned I am happy with that on myself personally "

That is good and yes, sometimes to lose that last bit, would mean to keep the dieting going for few more months, but yes, it is hard to maintain it and one always have to make sure to stay within the calorie limit the person have.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

That’s what does it for me, the dieting lol too much of a foodie Yes and it is also the knowing that only few people can achieve it and take it to the next level, by the way. I like to listen to greg doucette, he have alot info about it as well and yes I am a foodie as well lol, but I eat in controlled portions.

I eat out of a trough haha"

That is also good to do lol.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"I like both and all in-between

Come and cuddle my keg anytime. "

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

I like both….. or somewhere in the middle.

It’s all about facial attraction for me so what ever bod comes with it I’m happy

over a year ago

I like to admire a six pack but I'd rather snuggle up to something a bit softer.

over a year ago

Or... somewhere in the middle....

over a year ago

I have to admit though that someone with the package of the nice face with the gym bod scare me a little.

I'm far from gym bod and I just would always question why they would go for me. I'd feel threatened lol

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I'm partial to either or both.

over a year ago

"I have to admit though that someone with the package of the nice face with the gym bod scare me a little.

I'm far from gym bod and I just would always question why they would go for me. I'd feel threatened lol"

I don’t think you have any reason at all to feel threatened!

over a year ago

Get as close to 15% body fat (+/-2%) and be healthy. Stuff gym fit,/dad bod.

Be healthy

over a year ago

I'm attracted to strength (mind and body) therefore if I see a man who looks like he could compete in the world's strongest man, I'm instantly attracted as his physique speaks volumes for his strength of mind and self discipline. However, that's my initial 'would I wouldn't I' thought; regardless of body type, it's the conversation that follows which ultimately decides on how sexually attracted I am to them...or not

over a year ago

This was interesting I used to be a gym rat and lived it but now moved on to other hobbies and no longer eat like a monk , due to sporting the “dad bod” I have to say it will stop me from sometimes messaging some one I like the look of if they have been with guys who all look gym fit , I just assume I’m not there cuppa tea

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I'm attracted to strength (mind and body) therefore if I see a man who looks like he could compete in the world's strongest man, I'm instantly attracted as his physique speaks volumes for his strength of mind and self discipline. However, that's my initial 'would I wouldn't I' thought; regardless of body type, it's the conversation that follows which ultimately decides on how sexually attracted I am to them...or not "

(Flexs shoulders and chest)

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

"Go to the gym but leave the 6 pack. Those with one look really hungry! Or that they're putting something other than food in them "

That's a bit of a low blow

By *his_Kitty_ScratchesWoman
over a year ago

WSM

Something in the middle for me please I love strong/muscly arms, good looking hands and broad shoulders but still want to be able to cuddle so a solid hard 6pack would be too much…

over a year ago

I quite like a faded glory look. can see there was once muscle there, but now a hint of a pot belly.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Something in the middle for me please I love strong/muscly arms, good looking hands and broad shoulders but still want to be able to cuddle so a solid hard 6pack would be too much… "

I'm not sure your little arms would fit around me.

over a year ago

"I quite like a faded glory look. can see there was once muscle there, but now a hint of a pot belly. "

Lmao I so feel like this is me!

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I like both

Post new Message to Thread