Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you use block?

Jump to newest

By *acDreamy OP   Man
over a year ago

Wirral

I sent someone a polite and complimentary message today and received no reply but was blocked. This was no campaign of approach.

It made me wonder if others use blocking as a way of filtering out people you aren't interested in?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some people do this yes as its easier for future reference. I only block people who fullfill the two P's.. pests and pricks! Don't worry about it OP

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

As of yet, I haven’t had to utilise block on this profile. I guess I will reserve the use for those who really need it.

It is a pretty definitive ‘no thanks’. When I get blocked I just deal with it. No drama.

By *acDreamy OP   Man
over a year ago

Wirral

"Some people do this yes as its easier for future reference. I only block people who fullfill the two P's.. pests and pricks! Don't worry about it OP "

I will survive. I recognise that for some it may be easier. It just seemed quite extreme.

over a year ago

I tired to block anyone i wouldn't be interested in, but my local updates became DEAD!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Some people do this yes as its easier for future reference. I only block people who fullfill the two P's.. pests and pricks! Don't worry about it OP

I will survive. I recognise that for some it may be easier. It just seemed quite extreme. "

It's only extreme if you think of it that way - if you accept that people use that approach to prevent further unwanted messages or interest you could see it as a positive that it saves you wasting your time messaging them again, and saves them potentially getting abuse from profiles that are that way inclined when they get rejections.

over a year ago

I block people who have said no thanks or have otherwise not responded so that I don’t mistakenly pester them again.

Feels better to be the one doing the blocking than the one getting blocked

over a year ago

I've blocked a couple of people in chat who are annoying, a few people on the forum after some of their threads/comments and a few people who relentlessly contact me when I have a new profile

By *acDreamy OP   Man
over a year ago

Wirral

Well I suppose it saved me the trouble. Probably not my sort but I won't get to see the nice pictures on my updates.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I've blocked people because of a shitty attitude, opinion, or just because we've spoken and decided we aren't for each other. Either way OP, its best not to dwell on it and just move on

LvM

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A lot of people do and why not , it's a good way of making sure you don't get messaged again.

Just remember it's not you it's them.

By *anae21Woman
over a year ago

Nearer than you think

I block if he's not my type, if he's a wassock in the forums, if his messages are too persistent/annoying, or if he's let me down.

Blocking can be a positive action to save wasted time in the future.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Please use the block button for a whole host of reasons that’s important to them. Don’t beat yourself up over it OP.

over a year ago

I’m using block for everyone who obviously isn’t reading my easy to read profile and requesting meets

over a year ago

"I sent someone a polite and complimentary message today and received no reply but was blocked. This was no campaign of approach.

It made me wonder if others use blocking as a way of filtering out people you aren't interested in? "

Maybe they can't go on holiday and your beach snaps made them so jealous they couldn't bare to look at them.

over a year ago

Pests, those who become abusive and a couple of my blocks are just awful disgusting people in the forums.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"Please use the block button for a whole host of reasons that’s important to them. Don’t beat yourself up over it OP. "

People not please my fat thumbs

over a year ago

"Please use the block button for a whole host of reasons that’s important to them. Don’t beat yourself up over it OP.

People not please my fat thumbs "

Sausage fingers

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 09:49:12]

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

I block people I don’t like.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We didn't used to but we do now.

We also use the block button for many other reasons, mostly it boils down to the same thing, it prevents people who we want no further interaction with from contacting us

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

Double messages put us off, that’s one way we use block. Also people who are abusive or sometimes if we see something in the profile we don’t like!

over a year ago

I only block if they become funny with me or dnt take no for an answer

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

Yup, a combination of all the above:

Post too much bollocks in the local updates.

Appear to be people I would not share much in common with (I divine this from the forums).

People who have otherwise annoyed me!

People I don't fancy.

People who look at me the wrong way, etc.

;-)

By *acDreamy OP   Man
over a year ago

Wirral

"I sent someone a polite and complimentary message today and received no reply but was blocked. This was no campaign of approach.

It made me wonder if others use blocking as a way of filtering out people you aren't interested in?

Maybe they can't go on holiday and your beach snaps made them so jealous they couldn't bare to look at them.

"

Haha, that was in the UK!

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I don't block people when their forum posts irritate, because it doesn't stop me seeing their posts.

I do block people whose status updates grate, just removes them from my feed. There are a couple of people who post photos that really aren't to me taste, so I block them for the same reason, I no longer stumble across the photos unawares.

Otherwise I don't block people when I don't fancy them, only if they become a nuisance - I'm on here for a laugh, not for more stress in my life!

I've been blocked by a couple of people for no reason that I can fathom; we've never interacted so I assume they're using it to filter out people who aren't their type. Seems a sensible option to me.

Post new Message to Thread