Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Driving peeves

Jump to newest

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Do any of my fellow drivers get peeved when you may let someone cross on a zebra crossing or maybe let them out of a side road and you don't get a thank you because I do

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep!

By *enfold75Man
over a year ago

hemel hempstead

Yep

over a year ago

"Do any of my fellow drivers get peeved when you may let someone cross on a zebra crossing or maybe let them out of a side road and you don't get a thank you because I do "

I do, but in question to what you said about drivers wanting people to say thank you, I have something that annoys me about people wanting people to say thank you when letting people cross the road without checking their mirrors when on a double laned road. Looking at you like oi twat cross the road. No thanks I'm trying to stay alive today you just concentrate on getting to your destination without coaxing people across the road in to moving traffic

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Do any of my fellow drivers get peeved when you may let someone cross on a zebra crossing or maybe let them out of a side road and you don't get a thank you because I do "

Odd one, zebra crossing are for a reason, as are tax people, don’t think I like acknowledgment off either.

Entitlement is a major reason we don’t arrange meets in clubs.

over a year ago

"Do any of my fellow drivers get peeved when you may let someone cross on a zebra crossing or maybe let them out of a side road and you don't get a thank you because I do

Odd one, zebra crossing are for a reason, as are tax people, don’t think I like acknowledgment off either.

Entitlement is a major reason we don’t arrange meets in clubs."

I think you're mixing up entitlement and courtesy. These things just help the world run a bit smoother, that's all.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Not really. Got more important things to worry about, like my driving.

By *layful HarlequinMan
over a year ago

uxbridge

I’ll get back to you on this as about to have a quick drive and hopefully help me feel tired as wide awake lol

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Do any of my fellow drivers get peeved when you may let someone cross on a zebra crossing or maybe let them out of a side road and you don't get a thank you because I do

I think you're mixing up entitlement and courtesy. These things just help the world run a bit smoother, that's all. "

No, I was right first time..

Two families, one is respect for others, other is look out for yourself.

One says, “can you pass the salt? “Of course” is the answer.

Other family says, “can you pass the salt”?

Reply is, “what did your last sl*ve die of”.

Both see skateboarder coming down the street as a little old lady with a tartan push bag comes out of a shop.

The skateboarder knocks over the bag.

One family says, “this world is going to the dogs”.

The others family says, “silly old bat, she should have looked”.

Who’s right?

over a year ago

I see what you're saying about perceptions of people but your second example doesn't work in context. It's about acknowledging a good deed, whether forced by law or another method, or freely given by choice. This is more about altruism. A better example would be 2 families receiving presents for their son's birthday. The boy hasn't asked for presents directly so should he have to say thank you for them? Do the present givers have a right to expect a thank you for having their lives impacted in terms of time and money to buy, wrap and deliver the present? Personally I believe if we go out of our way to help someone, you can't expect a sign of gratitude from them but the world is a worse place for that. A thank you or a smile can make someone's day and, for the minimum effort required, why wouldn't you do it?

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Yeh, I just wanna pull out my Magnum 44 the most powerful hand gun in the world and blast em.......sorry.

over a year ago

People who dont say thankyou if you've let them out. I no longer let taxi's out theyre so so ignorant

By *ookinforfun6972Couple
over a year ago

Hartlepool

All the time

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I thought we had a legal responsibility to stop at zebra crossings?

Letting other drivers into the flow of traffic though, I agree with you there.

Cal

over a year ago

Not on a zebra crossing, no, it's their right of way entirely. But if I pause and let them cross the regular road and don't get an acknowledgment then that's a bit off.

over a year ago

Taxis u-turning without warning.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

I get more pissed off with the constant surveillance and threat of fines that motorists are continually subjected to.

I have a licence, insurance and experience. I do not need the Nanny State in the car with me and I am not the local authority/governments cash cow!

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I get more pissed off with the constant surveillance and threat of fines that motorists are continually subjected to.

I have a licence, insurance and experience. I do not need the Nanny State in the car with me and I am not the local authority/governments cash cow!"

Have you considered sticking to the rules?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I get more pissed off with the constant surveillance and threat of fines that motorists are continually subjected to.

I have a licence, insurance and experience. I do not need the Nanny State in the car with me and I am not the local authority/governments cash cow!

Have you considered sticking to the rules? "

He has experience!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Zebra crossings no as it is in the highway code for me to give way there. Letting people out, yes.

Were all incredibly polite round here. There's one road in particular that I have to drive down and there are numerous obstructions on my side of the road. Every single person that passes me while I am stopped waiting to get by thanks me. Without fail. Even though its their right of way. Always makes me smile for some reason.

over a year ago

Since I'm a "professional driver" most of my rage cannot under any circumstances leave my mouth.

In my head however it's "use your f**king indicators, make up your mind, get out the f**king way, it's f**king green you absolute....."

You get the picture.

By *ornLordMan
over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Which shade of green are you waiting for?"

As a cyclist, running reds winds me up. I've often asked "Are you colour-blind?"

over a year ago

I think you're mixing up entitlement and courtesy. These things just help the world run a bit smoother, that's all.

Both see skateboarder coming down the street as a little old lady with a tartan push bag comes out of a shop.

Who’s right?"

I see your point and you are right about the entitlement people think they have these days

In this scenario though, it's always been the way? You get taught to give a little nod or a thumbs up just out of courtesy to the driver for stopping.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Have you considered sticking to the rules? "

Yes I am a law abiding motorist.

It doesn't help that the whole system is designed to deliberately catch people out and punish for very minor infractions and tiny human errors.

over a year ago

"People who dont say thankyou if you've let them out. I no longer let taxi's out theyre so so ignorant "

Most taxi/ Uber drivers are cunts at driving I find

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

YOU don't let me cross on the Zebra crossing.

YOU are obeying the highway code.

YOU are obeying law.

Next YOU will be asking me to thank everyone for not burgling me.

Should I thank every driver that keeps to the speed limit?

Thank every driver that drives on the road ?

See , sometimes I DO raise a hand in thank you cos that's who I am but if i'm not in the mood or i'm concentrating on something else, I don't.

You haven't done ANYTHING you are not supposed to do to be a safe driver.

Do I get peeved ? No. There are other issues going on in the world.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I think you're mixing up entitlement and courtesy. These things just help the world run a bit smoother, that's all. "

Who decided it's courtesy to wave or mouth thank you?

A pedestrian may be watching other traffic.

I DEMAND THAT ALL DRIVERS FROM TODAY , open their windows and shout ........ Thanks for walking on the pavement lady! Thanks Thanks Thank.

over a year ago

You’ve not experienced bad driving until you’ve driven in the Middle East and north and east Africa, after that driving in the uk is a doddle and it takes a lot to annoy you

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Who’s right?"

Neither. The correct response is..... Oi you ya cunt come back and pick my fucking shopping up!

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

As I drive most of the time with my window down (non motorway) I shout THANK YOU at people who I have given discretionary right of way who don't acknowledge my courtesy in any way.

Most often this is when parked cars mean we have to take turns at getting along a stretch of narrow road.

I find that the more black and German the car the more they assume priority where give and take is the norm for other drivers.

over a year ago

Although as a pedestrian I have right of way on a zebra crossing, I always acknowledge the drivers who stop for me.

In my village there's a zebra crossing which, at quiet times when there's only a few cars coming, I'll wave them through so they don't have to stop, and then cross when it's clear.

Post new Message to Thread