FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What makes you go for the block button with forum members?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Cos you can still see what they write in the forum.

Is it just a way to show your distaste?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't block anyone in the forums unless they persistently push the button in a private response...I appreciate the fact we are all different and have different opinions.

Now stepping off the soap box

over a year ago

"I don't block anyone in the forums unless they persistently push the button in a private response...I appreciate the fact we are all different and have different opinions.

Now stepping off the soap box "

Can totally understand if they try and contact you privately.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I don't block I make a private note on their profile Instead

By *olmateMan
over a year ago

WM

I dont block usually

Always respond even if it is a polite "No"

Only block those who bully, insult and or pester with annoying messages!

I wonder what makes females and couples to hit the block button?

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

It’s just a way of saying we’re not compatible

over a year ago

"Cos you can still see what they write in the forum.

Is it just a way to show your distaste? "

I don’t usually block unless someone is being a dick privately and sends very unpleasant messages or is a constant annoyance. I have 4-5 people on my blocklist for that reason

Having said that I have been randomly blocked by some forumites (name the sin not the sinner ahah) for reasons unknown as I haven’t engaged with them privately really …(maybe lurked)

Left me baffled tho I must say x

over a year ago

Bullying.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't block anyone - generally.

I value the opinions of other people even if I don't agree with them.

How does anyone grow if they don't listen and think ?

Swatting others away all the time reflects your fears in that you cannot hold a mirror up to your own beliefs or have them tested.

I've blocked if someone keeps messaging me to labour a point from the forum but even then it's not always permanent.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I don't really block anyone off here because like you said, you can still see their forum posts so doesn't really seem to be any point. Now if there was a function to block those on the other hand...

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

We wouldn't block anybody because of their forum activity. It would only be about what they write to us.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Bullying. "

Yes. That's worth blocking for.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don't really block anyone off here because like you said, you can still see their forum posts so doesn't really seem to be any point. Now if there was a function to block those on the other hand..."

That's detrimental to yourself surely ?

By *igmaMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Misandry

over a year ago

"I don't really block anyone off here because like you said, you can still see their forum posts so doesn't really seem to be any point. Now if there was a function to block those on the other hand..."

I don’t understand tho like a forum is a public place so I think fair enough that you can still see people that u may have blocked. You can just ignore the posts as they are anyway directed to the general public

This confuses me

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

People block for all sorts of reasons; if they don’t want private interactions, if they’re not attracted to them, if they disagree with their opinions, if they don’t want them to see their profiles, if they’re just plain pissed at them.

They’re all valid in their own way.

It’s kind of pointless though, we can still see postings and I tend to find that disagreements are usually resolved at a later date given a willingness to resolution.

I very rarely block, mainly because I know that people are imperfect and even the most extreme disagreements can be moved past if you’re both grown up about it

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I have rarely blocked forum users.

If I have it's probably because they blocked me and I don't want them unblocking me to look at my profile. But that would be a very rare thing.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Don't think have ever blocked of the back of a forum thread

Generally block if they are a nuisance or abusive

I expect to not always agree with peoples views, that's just life

Jo x

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I don’t usually block unless someone is being a dick privately and sends very unpleasant messages or is a constant annoyance. I have 4-5 people on my blocklist for that reason

Having said that I have been randomly blocked by some forumites (name the sin not the sinner ahah) for reasons unknown as I haven’t engaged with them privately really …(maybe lurked)

Left me baffled tho I must say x "

I'm the same.. confuses me muchly

over a year ago

I've not found a reason yet... but then I spend very limited time on the forum.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Bullying.

Yes. That's worth blocking for. "

Can an adult be bullied online? When I started online dating about 6 years ago I was told “only believe a fraction of what you are told & see”. “Develop a thick skin & quick”. “Don’t worry about rejection”. “Online is not real, you can’t have a friend you haven’t met”. Stood me in good stead on POF and on here.

over a year ago

never blocked someone in the forum, everyone is entitled to thier view even is i dont agree, thats kind of the point of a forum

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I've never blocked someone for things said on the forums.

The only blocks I've done are for people who continue to PM me after they have been asked to steop.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I don't really block anyone off here because like you said, you can still see their forum posts so doesn't really seem to be any point. Now if there was a function to block those on the other hand...

That's detrimental to yourself surely ?"

How so? If anything it gets my back up less seeing stupid posts. Sure it only lasts for like 10 seconds before I move on and ignore, but that could be 0 seconds

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I don't really block anyone off here because like you said, you can still see their forum posts so doesn't really seem to be any point. Now if there was a function to block those on the other hand...

I don’t understand tho like a forum is a public place so I think fair enough that you can still see people that u may have blocked. You can just ignore the posts as they are anyway directed to the general public

This confuses me "

Some of them aren't directed at the general public though, it's used for 2 or more people to have their own little love-in which makes me eye-roll.

over a year ago

I'm the same.. confuses me muchly "

Same. I just presume they don’t like me or what Iv posted which is fine as I don’t care.

Iv blocked a couple who I think/feel don’t like me so they can’t be nosey at my profile when it’s open.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Bullying.

Can an adult be bullied online? When I started online dating about 6 years ago I was told “only believe a fraction of what you are told & see”. “Develop a thick skin & quick”. “Don’t worry about rejection”. “Online is not real, you can’t have a friend you haven’t met”. Stood me in good stead on POF and on here. "

Glad you took those messages on board and that they've helped you. I disagree with them to quite a large extent.

Online IS real. I'm real. I take it you are real.

The children who are groomed are real. The groomers are real.

The children that bully their school mates online are real .

The newspapers, police and companies that use 'online' are real.

I get that people can 'masquerade' online but so what ...... it's not their fantasy that harms but the real stuff they do and say to others.

I believe it is possible to bully online but one person falling out with another is not bullying.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Don't think I ever have yet ..

And ive had good reason to but I'm not that petty tbh.

I know I've been blocked by 2 or 3 before which was bizarre but hey ho no real issue .

over a year ago

I understand if you’ve private messaged a person but if you’ve never done that or never shown interest in them in any way shape or form it is kind of baffling.

I always look at peoples profiles if they say a comment to me directly and I’ve discovered that I’m blocked by quite a few people.

over a year ago

When I say bullying I mean anyone who cones across as a bit nasty or says something there was no need to say. I just block them

over a year ago

"I understand if you’ve private messaged a person but if you’ve never done that or never shown interest in them in any way shape or form it is kind of baffling.

I always look at peoples profiles if they say a comment to me directly and I’ve discovered that I’m blocked by quite a few people.

"

you look alot different to how I imagined you would look

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

How so? If anything it gets my back up less seeing stupid posts. Sure it only lasts for like 10 seconds before I move on and ignore, but that could be 0 seconds "

Bit like the Queen strolling through a painted land , smelling the roses and guarded from the possibility that others exist.

I get what you are saying.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

As had been said above, it's pointless blocking people just off the back of forum posts as you can still see what they post

The only time I really block people is if they're looking for something I can't possibly match (eg I'm not black, and no amount of personality I'd going to make up for that) or they're into something too extreme for me.

Or in one case, someone I had a meet with that I don't want to be reminded of....

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"Bullying.

Yes. That's worth blocking for. "

And putting other people down.

over a year ago

"I don't block anyone - generally.

Swatting others away all the time reflects your fears in that you cannot hold a mirror up to your own beliefs or have them tested.

I've blocked if someone keeps messaging me to labour a point from the forum but even then it's not always permanent.

"

I don’t always see eye to eye with you but I still listen to what you say and more than half the time you do say some pearlers and your advice can be amazing.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

How so? If anything it gets my back up less seeing stupid posts. Sure it only lasts for like 10 seconds before I move on and ignore, but that could be 0 seconds

Bit like the Queen strolling through a painted land , smelling the roses and guarded from the possibility that others exist.

I get what you are saying. "

Absolutely, it's been so hard for me to word it in a way for people to understand but you've absolutely hit the nail on the head with a simple analogy of how I feel

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"I understand if you’ve private messaged a person but if you’ve never done that or never shown interest in them in any way shape or form it is kind of baffling.

"

You are a marmite person so not that surprising.

over a year ago

you look alot different to how I imagined you would look"

Oh, explain? How did you imagine me to look?

over a year ago

Don't think I've blocked anyone off the forums yet but if somebody I'm not remotely interested in keeps clogging up my local feed with pics or come-ons, they get a block just so I don't have to keep seeing them.

over a year ago

You are a marmite person so not that surprising. "

You mean half the people hate me and half the people would love to have me on the end of a knife?

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I don’t like ignorant unhelpful comments and when challenged too many then make comments about your profile. Yes I know they get a ban but I think I don’t want this person knowing anything about me.

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

I try to ignore the idiots as best I can, they don't seem to last long when they have crashed and burned on a thread. I have blocked a few guys that keep sniffing around my inbox with the one liners.

over a year ago

you look alot different to how I imagined you would look

Oh, explain? How did you imagine me to look? "

not sure I just imagined you would have different features this isn't negative btw

over a year ago

I'm the same.. confuses me muchly

Same. I just presume they don’t like me or what Iv posted which is fine as I don’t care.

Iv blocked a couple who I think/feel don’t like me so they can’t be nosey at my profile when it’s open. "

Yeah but as you can still see them on the forum etc, then blocking seems pointless if you never engaged privately.

Also I don’t really care who lurks at my profile but I get it if you think they are nastiessss

over a year ago

"Bullying.

Can an adult be bullied online? When I started online dating about 6 years ago I was told “only believe a fraction of what you are told & see”. “Develop a thick skin & quick”. “Don’t worry about rejection”. “Online is not real, you can’t have a friend you haven’t met”. Stood me in good stead on POF and on here.

Glad you took those messages on board and that they've helped you. I disagree with them to quite a large extent.

Online IS real. I'm real. I take it you are real.

The children who are groomed are real. The groomers are real.

The children that bully their school mates online are real .

The newspapers, police and companies that use 'online' are real.

I get that people can 'masquerade' online but so what ...... it's not their fantasy that harms but the real stuff they do and say to others.

I believe it is possible to bully online but one person falling out with another is not bullying. "

how and earth did it go from banning a forum member to child grooming, these forums never cease to amaze me

over a year ago

"I don’t like ignorant unhelpful comments and when challenged too many then make comments about your profile. Yes I know they get a ban but I think I don’t want this person knowing anything about me."
this

over a year ago

Reading

You are a marmite person so not that surprising.

You mean half the people hate me and half the people would love to have me on the end of a knife? "

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Thins out the heard. If I’ve decided you’re an awful person on here it means you’ll never show up in my search too

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

We only use the block button for people that we have chatted to and are not compatible with so it’s more of a filter for us.

over a year ago

I dont block from the forums...if I cant take it then I shouldn't give it....

over a year ago

"I dont block from the forums...if I cant take it then I shouldn't give it...."

Amen

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I've been blocked by other forum users from what I can only presume is off the back of a forum post.

I have blocked if somehow has been particularly rude, just so they can't message me. Had someone start having a go at me on the forum and then privately. So I like to nip it in the bud.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don't block anyone - generally.

I don’t always see eye to eye with you but I still listen to what you say and more than half the time you do say some pearlers and your advice can be amazing. "

Thank you for that.

It depends on which me is on. The adult me on a serious thread or the childlike me that comes on for a piss about with other idiotic vulgar idiots.

There should be coloured text, black for serious, purple for messing about , and red ( which I wouldn't have anymore ) for being seriously sexy or just pink for flirting.......

100% eye to eye bit would make conversation like a narcissistic love in ....

over a year ago

"I dont block from the forums...if I cant take it then I shouldn't give it...."

bend over then

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I don’t block forum people as it means they can’t play secret service and other stuff I sometimes do.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Thins out the heard. If I’ve decided you’re an awful person on here it means you’ll never show up in my search too "

I don't block those that I've perceived as dickheads in the forum.

That's a good point though. They wouldn't show up in a search..... that would be a good reason for blocking. I don't equate searching with forum natter tho .......

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I get what you are saying. "

Also, you act like I said I would want to block everyone on here when that's not the case. In real life, I wouldn't surround myself with people you don't get on with if I could help it because that's a silly thing to do. In my opinion, the same applies here.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don’t block forum people as it means they can’t play secret service and other stuff I sometimes do. "

I'll give you 3 guesses Nora of what comes up when someone's asked for information and I try to message them ....... go on ......guess.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I think it’s just a way of saying “I don’t like you, or some of the things you’ve said - therefore you’re not for me”.

over a year ago

"Thins out the heard. If I’ve decided you’re an awful person on here it means you’ll never show up in my search too "

But that makes no sense if someone for example was in Scotland and I’m all the way down in South Wales, I wouldn’t pop up on their searches anyway.

Also that makes an assumption that I would be interested in anyone doing the blocking in the first place.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Thins out the heard. If I’ve decided you’re an awful person on here it means you’ll never show up in my search too

But that makes no sense if someone for example was in Scotland and I’m all the way down in South Wales, I wouldn’t pop up on their searches anyway.

Also that makes an assumption that I would be interested in anyone doing the blocking in the first place. "

First point, doesn’t matter. I might travel to Scotland and be within their distance at some point

Second point, no it doesn’t

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Also, you act like I said I would want to block everyone on here when that's not the case. In real life, I wouldn't surround myself with people you don't get on with if I could help it because that's a silly thing to do. In my opinion, the same applies here."

I act ? I didn't say you wanted to block everyone.

In 'real life' I don't hang out with those I don't like either but they might still be in the same pub and as they use the same facilities as me it's probably best that I am aware of them and what they are saying.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I don’t block forum people as it means they can’t play secret service and other stuff I sometimes do.

I'll give you 3 guesses Nora of what comes up when someone's asked for information and I try to message them ....... go on ......guess. "

Can’t believe many would block you to be honest.

By *aughties PartyCouple
over a year ago

Lutterworth

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 11:14:12]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think it’s just a way of saying “I don’t like you, or some of the things you’ve said - therefore you’re not for me”.

"

I get that if it was for a meet search but just people talking in a forum ?

Imagine work if everyone stuck their fingers in their ears every time someone said something they disagreed with

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I think it’s just a way of saying “I don’t like you, or some of the things you’ve said - therefore you’re not for me”.

Imagine work if everyone stuck their fingers in their ears every time someone said something they disagreed with "

Except that analogy doesn’t work because you can still see what they put on the forum they just don’t show up on you search list?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don’t block forum people as it means they can’t play secret service and other stuff I sometimes do.

I'll give you 3 guesses Nora of what comes up when someone's asked for information and I try to message them ....... go on ......guess.

Can’t believe many would block you to be honest. "

No idea I don't check

I'll TELL you Nora seeing as you won't guess.....

It says........... Too bloody old Grannie.......... too bloody old.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Imagine work if everyone stuck their fingers in their ears every time someone said something they disagreed with

Except that analogy doesn’t work because you can still see what they put on the forum they just don’t show up on you search list? "

That's not what I said.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Imagine work if everyone stuck their fingers in their ears every time someone said something they disagreed with "

There would be less complaints - too many folk are unable to just ignore those they don’t get along with

over a year ago

"Thins out the heard. If I’ve decided you’re an awful person on here it means you’ll never show up in my search too

Also that makes an assumption that I would be interested in anyone doing the blocking in the first place.

First point, doesn’t matter. I might travel to Scotland and be within their distance at some point

Second point, no it doesn’t "

Umm but it does. If you’re saying you block people due to not wanting to meet them or have them show up in a search. If that person you’re blocking isn’t interested in the first place what’s the point in the block?

It’s like a shop being closed and you saying oh I don’t want to go in that shop anyway, the shop doesn’t give a fuck whether you wanted to go in it, it’s shut regardless.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"

I find it a bit childish to be honest. I only really use it for messages if I’m not interested then I just delete and block. You can still see people on the forum if they’ve blocked you or vice versa.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Except that analogy doesn’t work because you can still see what they put on the forum they just don’t show up on you search list?

That's not what I said. "

What did you say then? Because it sounds like you meant blocking someone on here via the forum is like putting your fingers in your ears to block yourself heading what people say at a work meeting.

over a year ago

*crying and reading from paper* I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.………….

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Second point, no it doesn’t

Umm but it does. If you’re saying you block people due to not wanting to meet them or have them show up in a search. If that person you’re blocking isn’t interested in the first place what’s the point in the block?

It’s like a shop being closed and you saying oh I don’t want to go in that shop anyway, the shop doesn’t give a fuck whether you wanted to go in it, it’s shut regardless. "

The pure mental gymnastics you have to go through to go from “they blocked me” to “they must assume I’d be interested” is outstanding.

They just want less fluff on their search list. Which included people that aren’t interested, whether that person is interested or not, they’re still not wanted on the search page

over a year ago

Reading

I have blocked very few forum people. I did block that horrible poster that was trolling people but he's probably banned anyway. And there was someone who was clearly racist.

over a year ago

I've only used it a couple of times for persistent men who wouldn't take a polite no for an answer.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

That's not what I said.

What did you say then? Because it sounds like you meant blocking someone on here via the forum is like putting your fingers in your ears to block yourself heading what people say at a work meeting. "

I said the paragraph above yours and below Luna's.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No idea I don't check

It says........... Too bloody old Grannie.......... too bloody old. "

. See I believe older the wiser. If I go doctors give me the old one with the common sense and logic and experience before the young one doing everything because the computer or the text book says so!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I block when I've seen something I don't like, or had an unfavourable interaction that has caused me to not want the potential chance of a private discussion with them.

I can ignore what they say on the forum (mostly). I can ignore messages they send too. A block is just an extra barrier there I guess.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I find it a bit childish to be honest. I only really use it for messages if I’m not interested then I just delete and block. You can still see people on the forum if they’ve blocked you or vice versa. "

Well it’s a site function I’m more than happy to use, when I want to. If that makes me childish then so be it.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

That's not what I said.

What did you say then? Because it sounds like you meant blocking someone on here via the forum is like putting your fingers in your ears to block yourself heading what people say at a work meeting.

I said the paragraph above yours and below Luna's."

Still don’t think the analogy works

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I find it a bit childish to be honest. I only really use it for messages if I’m not interested then I just delete and block. You can still see people on the forum if they’ve blocked you or vice versa.

Well it’s a site function I’m more than happy to use, when I want to. If that makes me childish then so be it."

I wasn’t referring to you, sorry. You didn’t say how you used it. I just meant in general.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

If they're really cringey.

If they have awful attitudes.

If they're Debbie Downers.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

That's not what I said.

I said the paragraph above yours and below Luna's.

Still don’t think the analogy works "

What analogy ?

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

I usually block the men who moan about women not replying as it saves them getting their pants in a bunch when I don’t reply to them

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No idea I don't check

. See I believe older the wiser. If I go doctors give me the old one with the common sense and logic and experience before the young one doing everything because the computer or the text book says so! "

They have age filters on so it blocks me.

I don't worry about it. I just can't give the advice they asked for so ........ fuck em.

By *ondon-guy68Man
over a year ago

London

I normally only block if they’ve beat me to it. Sometimes I can’t be arsed even doing that, it’s easy enough just to avoid them.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I don’t block specific forum members. I do block anyone who says they are not interested in meeting. That way I don’t embarrass them and myself by messaging them again in the future. It’s not that I’ve taken my ball home. Lol.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No idea I don't check

. See I believe older the wiser. If I go doctors give me the old one with the common sense and logic and experience before the young one doing everything because the computer or the text book says so!

They have age filters on so it blocks me.

I don't worry about it. I just can't give the advice they asked for so ........ fuck em. "

Oh I see!! Sorry I’m only on my first cuppa .

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don’t block specific forum members. I do block anyone who says they are not interested in meeting. That way I don’t embarrass them and myself by messaging them again in the future. It’s not that I’ve taken my ball home. Lol. "

By *orace pinkerMan
over a year ago

North west

Iv blocked 2 forum users, both because they are always right and everybody else is wrong and way to over opinionated, how they get away with what they say is wayyyyyy beyond me

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Also, you act like I said I would want to block everyone on here when that's not the case. In real life, I wouldn't surround myself with people you don't get on with if I could help it because that's a silly thing to do. In my opinion, the same applies here.

In 'real life' I don't hang out with those I don't like either but they might still be in the same pub and as they use the same facilities as me it's probably best that I am aware of them and what they are saying. "

I see what you're saying and I guess the overall point is that you can just ignore and move on. My initial point was a bit tongue in cheek anyway as I know that function isn't going to come into place

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Iv blocked 2 forum users, both because they are always right and everybody else is wrong and way to over opinionated, how they get away with what they say is wayyyyyy beyond me"

Everyone feverishly checking if it was them now

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Iv blocked 2 forum users, both because they are always right and everybody else is wrong and way to over opinionated, how they get away with what they say is wayyyyyy beyond me"

But you still see what they say though. I think that’s what Annie’s trying to say. What’s the point? Is it also so they don’t try and interact with you privately?

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Iv blocked 2 forum users, both because they are always right and everybody else is wrong and way to over opinionated, how they get away with what they say is wayyyyyy beyond me

Everyone feverishly checking if it was them now "

. I did!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

In 'real life' I don't hang out with those I don't like either but they might still be in the same pub and as they use the same facilities as me it's probably best that I am aware of them and what they are saying.

I see what you're saying and I guess the overall point is that you can just ignore and move on. My initial point was a bit tongue in cheek anyway as I know that function isn't going to come into place "

Sometimes it takes effort to ignore but i've long since learned that there's no point in pushing against something so solid that it's incapable of thought.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I'd rather not accidentally message someone in the future who has some shitty opinions or attitudes is all. I usually leave a note on their profile as to why they're blocked, usually with the link to their comment if I fancy refreshing my memory

I do wish it would hide their forum activity too though.

LvM

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

How opinionated is 'over' opinionated ?

over a year ago

"Iv blocked 2 forum users, both because they are always right and everybody else is wrong and way to over opinionated, how they get away with what they say is wayyyyyy beyond me

. I did!"

I did too! Done it with everyone that’s commented and I’ve been blocked by 3 people in this thread alone

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I’ve blocked forum members purely on some of their actions or comments, not my type of person so why would I want to associate with them. They are simple to ignore and skim past in the forum too

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

"I'd rather not accidentally message someone in the future who has some shitty opinions or attitudes is all. I usually leave a note on their profile as to why they're blocked, usually with the link to their comment if I fancy refreshing my memory

LvM"

We all have different opinions and unless someone is being outright offensive for the sake of it, the forums are just that, forums. We have blocked a few (thanks to the virus thread) but it wasn't like we where going to ever meet those guys anyway. Outside of "that" forum, we mostly like what a lot of people have to say on here. Even agree with them on a lot...but they still might be blocked. It's just a filter for us for future meets, not because we don't like or disagree with what people say here.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

. I did!

I did too! Done it with everyone that’s commented and I’ve been blocked by 3 people in this thread alone "

. I think you’re right that you’re a bit marmite though. I’ve often thought that about myself. Although you’re definitely more marmitey than me!!

over a year ago

I generally block anyone who's nasty or a bully. But mainly those that are two faced (preach one thing in the forum and then do the exact opposite in messages to me), won't stop messaging and even get other forumites to join in on their stupid games using the forum to get at me.

Yes I can still see their posts, but I can just scroll past them and resist the urge to out them or bite at the lies they post.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'd rather not accidentally message someone in the future who has some shitty opinions or attitudes is all. I usually leave a note on their profile as to why they're blocked, usually with the link to their comment if I fancy refreshing my memory

LvM

We all have different opinions and unless someone is being outright offensive for the sake of it, the forums are just that, forums. We have blocked a few (thanks to the virus thread) but it wasn't like we where going to ever meet those guys anyway. Outside of "that" forum, we mostly like what a lot of people have to say on here. Even agree with them on a lot...but they still might be blocked. It's just a filter for us for future meets, not because we don't like or disagree with what people say here.

"

F.Y.I. I like your picture it always makes me smile. In a good way.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Can't think that I have ever blocked anyone just because of forum posts. Noticed a few today have blocked me though. Always makes me chuckle.

over a year ago

ive just remembered i have blocked someone, as thhey sent a pm rather than reply in the forum, i dont want my inbox full of things that should be in the forum, how is anyone else going to see it?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

. I did!

I did too! Done it with everyone that’s commented and I’ve been blocked by 3 people in this thread alone

. I think you’re right that you’re a bit marmite though. I’ve often thought that about myself. Although you’re definitely more marmitey than me!! "

I can see it as a good thing oddly enough. It shows you've put yourself out there to the point people made that judgement on whether they like you or not. Neutral, wishy-washy comments don't really get the same attention.

over a year ago

Reading

Everyone feverishly checking if it was them now "

Chuckle I've done that a couple of times this thread.

over a year ago

Never blocked anyone of the forum don't see the point but I have blocked people off the site who are incompatible or aren't interested in talking.

By *ondon-guy68Man
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 11:50:44]

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Negative attitude towards the virus spamming links privately any kind of bullying and fakes claiming to be someone who they aren't.

By *ondon-guy68Man
over a year ago

London

. I did!

I did too! Done it with everyone that’s commented and I’ve been blocked by 3 people in this thread alone "

Oh I’m going to try that now…

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

. I did!

. I think you’re right that you’re a bit marmite though. I’ve often thought that about myself. Although you’re definitely more marmitey than me!!

I can see it as a good thing oddly enough. It shows you've put yourself out there to the point people made that judgement on whether they like you or not. Neutral, wishy-washy comments don't really get the same attention."

I am a bit of a straight talker but I never get personal, I hope I don’t anyway. If I did I’d hope someone would take it up with me as I would with them. We all have different opinions on things. Some of the people I disagree with the most are actually quite good friends on here!

over a year ago

I generally make a private note but have also blocked the odd person if they have been particularly nasty to someone as I don’t want them popping up in my inbox. We should all act as adults on here and remember there are real people behind the comments so no need to get nasty just because we don’t agree with each other.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Some take it as an attack if you don't agree with what they say ..... sad really.

over a year ago

Nothing really.

over a year ago

Yes and to stop them from interacting with me.

I tend to block trolls and people who are just out to score points off "the other side" whatever that might be

over a year ago

I have blocked a few people who have had a very nasty attitude, just so there is no possibility of them contacting me privately.

over a year ago

. I did!

. I think you’re right that you’re a bit marmite though. I’ve often thought that about myself. Although you’re definitely more marmitey than me!! "

I absolutely fucking love marmite though.

over a year ago

"People block for all sorts of reasons; if they don’t want private interactions, if they’re not attracted to them, if they disagree with their opinions, if they don’t want them to see their profiles, if they’re just plain pissed at them.

They’re all valid in their own way.

It’s kind of pointless though, we can still see postings and I tend to find that disagreements are usually resolved at a later date given a willingness to resolution.

I very rarely block, mainly because I know that people are imperfect and even the most extreme disagreements can be moved past if you’re both grown up about it"

This /\

Dude, can we call you the oracle, or the guru or something!!

Personally have only ever once blocked someone and it wasn't forum related.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Regards the forum, I tend to block those who I wouldn’t be compatible with (they hate body hair for example or detest fat folk and say so in a rude manner). You sometimes get pm’d by them and it just saves agro. I knew if I’d blocked them then I’d blocked them for a reason, however I now tend to just make use of the private note function instead.

I block those who persistently message asking to meet but live ruddy miles away and won’t take a no.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

LvM

F.Y.I. I like your picture it always makes me smile. In a good way. "

I always smile when I see the name Granny Crumpet. No idea what you look like IRL but I have this mental image of of the sweet little old lady from the Tweety Pie and Sylvester cartoons in a dominatrix outfit. No doubt the furthest thing from reality but I find it highly amusing.

What you don't see in that picture is where my wife had her hand....in the middle of a restaurant. Probably explains the slightly glazed look in my eyes! She's a very naughty lady and I'm lucky to have her. Dunno why she's stuck with me for 25 years. She'd have gotten less for murder!

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I never block anyone, ignoring is far more effective, and their repeat messages exemplify their obvious frustration

Post new Message to Thread