Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

london

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Even though I live in London I very rarely take advantage of it. Today me and the kids went to Hyde Park, then I took them to buckingham palace and st James park. They had never been and absolutely loved it. London is ( whether you agree or not ) a truly amazing place to be, live and explore. It's stunning and I'm feeling very pound to be a Londoner

That is all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

Best city in the world...I love London

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Even though I live in London I very rarely take advantage of it. Today me and the kids went to Hyde Park, then I took them to buckingham palace and st James park. They had never been and absolutely loved it. London is ( whether you agree or not ) a truly amazing place to be, live and explore. It's stunning and I'm feeling very pound to be a Londoner

That is all

"

Good for you Where else have you got on the list to take them to....?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

when my sister lived there her and her then partner would go somewhere different every sunday. Wish i lived closer

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

Proud to be a Londoner .... David

Sooze is from oop north but loves London

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

Love the open top bus tours..done the red,yellow and green routes,get to see so much this way.

over a year ago

"Even though I live in London I very rarely take advantage of it. Today me and the kids went to Hyde Park, then I took them to buckingham palace and st James park. They had never been and absolutely loved it. London is ( whether you agree or not ) a truly amazing place to be, live and explore. It's stunning and I'm feeling very pound to be a Londoner

That is all

"

Belmarsh. They're doing me bloody head in now!!

over a year ago

"Love the open top bus tours..done the red,yellow and green routes,get to see so much this way."

Have you been on the duck tour? It's quite good x

over a year ago

As much as I loved London when I was in my late teens/early twenties I'm so glad that since we've had the offspring we now live in a small Essex town, the schools are much better here

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

"Love the open top bus tours..done the red,yellow and green routes,get to see so much this way.

Have you been on the duck tour? It's quite good x"

Not yet...but took the river taxi from the london eye down to Greenwich which was very relaxing with a cold beer.

over a year ago

i live here and never do enough, think i need to kick myself in the ass

over a year ago

"Love the open top bus tours..done the red,yellow and green routes,get to see so much this way.

Have you been on the duck tour? It's quite good x Not yet...but took the river taxi from the london eye down to Greenwich which was very relaxing with a cold beer."

takes a while though doesn't it, quicker to get the tube lol x but yeah I've got the Thames clipper a few times and it's lovely in the summer. I was so knackered after all our walking I ended up getting the tube from westminster but was gonna to do the clipper, maybe next time x

over a year ago

As the head of the IOC said last week "The beating heart of the world"

over a year ago

I'm a Londoner and a few years go I did the tourist but around London. Some really great places to see and discover.

That said, I moved to the Southwest 15 years ago and would not move back to London for love nor money. A couple of days visiting mates is enough for me

over a year ago

I lived in London for 47 years,I've never been to the British Musuem,The V&A or The Natural History Museum

But I can tell you every pub within a 2 mile radius of Charing Cross

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I love London, but only to visit.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

That is all

Belmarsh. They're doing me bloody head in now!!"

^^Does nobody else think this is funny?

Made me laugh anyhow

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I miss it I want to go home now.....

over a year ago

That is all

Belmarsh. They're doing me bloody head in now!!

^^Does nobody else think this is funny?

Made me laugh anyhow "

Or could take them to the tower of london?

over a year ago

"I miss it I want to go home now..... "

I often think about movinng but I really do think I'd miss it

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

I probably know London better than anyone else on here, I have visited places like churchills secret war bunker

For those that live close to London check out the venues for this years open house weekend you can visit some amazing buildings including the foreign office and inner temple

over a year ago

"I probably know London better than anyone else on here, I have visited places like churchills secret war bunker

For those that live close to London check out the venues for this years open house weekend you can visit some amazing buildings including the foreign office and inner temple"

I've been working at the inner temple for most of the year,fascinating place

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Might buy another bottle of inner temple port at open house again this year

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I want to go to St Pauls Cathedral, but it's so bloody expensive.

What is funny though, when I visited Malta I paid similar prices to visit their churches and cathedrals, but think it's expensive in London. Go Figure.

I am really tempted by Notting Hill Carnival next weekend though.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

Interesting OP - maybe a lot of us never look at what's on our doorstep - I know I haven't

over a year ago

I know london pretty well too because of work but mostly only know it to look at on a map, I know pretty much everywhere is but its different exploring it the tourist way. Definitely gonna do it more often! Might even have a nosey round liz and phils gaff!

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

"I know london pretty well too because of work but mostly only know it to look at on a map, I know pretty much everywhere is but its different exploring it the tourist way. Definitely gonna do it more often! Might even have a nosey round liz and phils gaff!"

Check the open house website and keep that weekend free

over a year ago

I relocated from central London to the South West nearly 6 years ago, and I miss it dearly.

Going up there for a day out at the end of Sep, to visit Buck House for the Diamonds exhibition, to be followed by a show, then a meal.

Can't wait!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i like visiting Lodon but am too mch of a country lass t live there....scares the bejeezus out of me!!

however i dont visit enough so if anyone wants to invite me down for some sight seeing.....

By *xscotMan
over a year ago

Kingston

Really only go there to take visitors to see the sights

but he Museums - Science and Natural History are great

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I love, love, love London. The whole world is available here, you just have to find in which village each part is located. But many of us in London just don't take advantage of where we are. I'm even more determined that I will do some culture tomorrow after reading this thread.

I haven't been to the Natural History Musseum for over a year - I just love that building and can stand outside looking at the animals on the edifice.

Or a day nibbling my way around Borough Market followed by a stroll to Tate Modern. Lovely.

over a year ago

"I love, love, love London. The whole world is available here, you just have to find in which village each part is located. But many of us in London just don't take advantage of where we are. I'm even more determined that I will do some culture tomorrow after reading this thread.

I haven't been to the Natural History Musseum for over a year - I just love that building and can stand outside looking at the animals on the edifice.

Or a day nibbling my way around Borough Market followed by a stroll to Tate Modern. Lovely.

"

I'm glad I've inspired you! Might go science museum on Friday, I'm on it!x

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

"i like visiting Lodon but am too mch of a country lass t live there....scares the bejeezus out of me!!

however i dont visit enough so if anyone wants to invite me down for some sight seeing..... "

Consider yourself invited

By *ssexguy69Man
over a year ago

thurrock Essex

last time i was there i think i was six lol can i come

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"i like visiting Lodon but am too mch of a country lass t live there....scares the bejeezus out of me!!

however i dont visit enough so if anyone wants to invite me down for some sight seeing.....

Consider yourself invited"

ooooohhhhhh what sites can i see???

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"last time i was there i think i was six lol can i come "

Course you can, the means are in your own hands

over a year ago

I need to have very deep pockets in order to get a house with a garden in the part of the London where I used to live.

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Consider yourself invited

ooooohhhhhh what sites can i see??? "

Pm with a list of likes, the world is your lobster

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

That is all

"

I'd agree that London is an interesting place to explore and it does have many spectacular places as would be expected of a capital city.

But for me, while I don't mind visiting London, the best part of it is The M1 North or the train from Euston back to Liverpool.

Now Liverpool is a city thats vastly underated by many people, but has a spectacular waterfront, the finest Georgian buildings outside of London, wonderful people whom are independant minded while being a part of our country, fabulous contryside nearby, the beach within 20 minutes drive or so and many other wonderful things.

Yes, London's ok but Liverpool and Northern England is so much better....

over a year ago

"As the head of the IOC said last week "The beating heart of the world""

yeah.. but he said the same 4 years ago about Beijing and will again about Rio in 4 years time..

London??? well its Ok like any other city to be honest, i just dont understand the pace of life there.

people hurtling down escalators on the tube to get the next train cos they can hear that hissing as it approaches the station...

WTF?????? there is another one in 2 fucking minutes..... FFS

over a year ago

Ive always liked being in London, lots to see and do and the pace of the place has never bothered me.

Only two problems with the place though, its bloody filthy and its full of londoners......

Post new Message to Thread