Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

friend in need

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

my friend and his gf have been living together for over a year and lately she has been moaning a lot about her job and can't see herself in it for more than a year.

He's happy in his job and she isn't and looking for other jobs, they both live an hour from london and the gf is looking for jobs in london or in the northampton area. He's worried about what will happen if she finds a job further away which isn't commutable as he doesn't want to leave his job.

They have both talked about having a future together, geting married, kids, etc, but she has said that she can't promise that she'll never leave him, even though she says that she wouldnt or have any reason to as he's the best bf shes ever had and her rock.

I said that he needs to decide that if he should let her go and find a new job without restrictions and fear of moving away and breaking up, or stay with her in the hope that she finds a job that is commutable.

Was just wondering if anyone had any other advice

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

difficult as we all need a job and the money it begins.

long distant relationships are never easy but if you love each other all you can do is try.

if it was me id try to keep her near and struggle on my money until she found something.

having someone close you care about is important and it feels great.

over a year ago

stay with her

over a year ago

she said she wouldnt leave her current job till she found a new one, but she has applied for jobs where she will have to be out of the country for 2/3 months at a time

By *inkyScot22Man
over a year ago

Anniesland

I'm assuming the guy doesn't have the kind of job that has other offices he could work in or alternate companies in different places that do the same job?

over a year ago

no not a job where he can relocate easily, hes had a few jobs before but this is the nicest group of people he's ever worked with and really enjoys his job

over a year ago

So are they planning on getting married or has it not got to that stage yet?

over a year ago

it has been mentioned and she would like to get married to him and can see her spending the rest of her life with him, but she also needs to be in a job that will make her happy.

over a year ago

An hours commute is nothing now days.

It used to take me a good 35- 40 mins to get to work 5 miles down the road by train and bus

There are people doing 3 hr commutes each way per day xx

over a year ago

Sounds like shes the kind of girl that just needs abit more of a challenge in life..us women get bored too easy..well i do? If he stops her from applying for a job far away then she will resent him and possibly leave him, however if she gets a job and shes content then surely that is what matters. I for one couldnt get up each morning to go to a job i hate..its depressing lol

over a year ago

so should he let her go or stay with her hoping that shell find a job near by

Post new Message to Thread