Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Green list holiday anyone?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else dreaming of a hot climate with lots of exotic cocktails it’s been so long!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Anyone else dreaming of a hot climate with lots of exotic cocktails it’s been so long!! "

We fly 3 weeks today !!! Can’t wait

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I do, but my son went to Portugal for the champs league final and spent £400 on feckin PCR tests!

That’s not far off a weeks salary for tests!!!

over a year ago

"Anyone else dreaming of a hot climate with lots of exotic cocktails it’s been so long!!

We fly 3 weeks today !!! Can’t wait "

I’m trying not to be jealous lol

over a year ago

"I do, but my son went to Portugal for the champs league final and spent £400 on feckin PCR tests!

That’s not far off a weeks salary for tests!!! "

Yep I know about these all too well unfortunately lol. Not cheap!

over a year ago

Nope. Not somethingbthat's ever appealed to me

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

When I find out where the Pitcairn Islands are .... I'll uhmmmm know more than I did t his morning.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Nah, I don't need any of that shite to have a good time. I'll be spending my tourist funds within the UK

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Nah, I don't need any of that shite to have a good time. I'll be spending my tourist funds within the UK "

Let me know where !!! I've tried booking and it's like the world got there before me.

It's okay if you want to book a blade of grass ontop of a mountain but everything else has gone ..... even the shit accomodation in the shit places you wouldn't shit in.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes constantly! I’ve decided I won’t be risking it until next year though. Actually looking forward to exploring this country a bit more which I wouldn’t usually do. Just pray for the weather!

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

No. There are far more important things in life than going on holiday.

I understand that people want to go away but to me it’s just an unnecessary risk.

There’s a global pandemic, the situation is still precarious and things change very quickly. It’s hardly a reasonable risk and people have no justification for complaining if/when things go wrong, it’s not a surprise as to what’s happening now, surely?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"No. There are far more important things in life than going on holiday.

I understand that people want to go away but to me it’s just an unnecessary risk.

There’s a global pandemic, the situation is still precarious and things change very quickly. It’s hardly a reasonable risk and people have no justification for complaining if/when things go wrong, it’s not a surprise as to what’s happening now, surely? "

over a year ago

There’s a global pandemic, the situation is still precarious and things change very quickly. It’s hardly a reasonable risk and people have no justification for complaining if/when things go wrong, it’s not a surprise as to what’s happening now, surely? "

I can’t really agree with you to be honest.

There’s going to be 60 thousand in Wembley next week

140thousand at silverstone

And there are thousands at royal ascot also.

While I appreciate that some may still want to live cautiously I personally don’t see the point in punishing myself anymore.

There’s also a really interesting article about Mr Hancock this morning LOL.

over a year ago

"Yes constantly! I’ve decided I won’t be risking it until next year though. Actually looking forward to exploring this country a bit more which I wouldn’t usually do. Just pray for the weather! "

I’m probably going to crack around the end of September and board that plane! I’ve worked in minus 40 degrees this year I need some sun on my bones!

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Yes constantly! I’ve decided I won’t be risking it until next year though. Actually looking forward to exploring this country a bit more which I wouldn’t usually do. Just pray for the weather!

I’m probably going to crack around the end of September and board that plane! I’ve worked in minus 40 degrees this year I need some sun on my bones!"

I am missing it! I usually spend about 12 weeks a year in Spain. I WILL NOT CRACK!!! Haha x

over a year ago

"Anyone else dreaming of a hot climate with lots of exotic cocktails it’s been so long!! "

I'm on a Greek island now. Arrived 4 weeks ago. It was quite nerve raking, you have to do the PCR test 72 hours before flying, the plr form and then it's still not 100% if you can fly. I flew from Gatwick and some people were denied flying because the PCR test they did was not within the 72 hours, and if you did the PCR test with the NHS it wouldn't be valid.

By *ister_ee_1981Man
over a year ago

Paphos

My fingers are crossed for being able to get to my brothers wedding in the USA in October. Currently hoping for the best but planning for the worst. If it wasn't his wedding, I wouldn't be going abroad this year...

over a year ago

"Yes constantly! I’ve decided I won’t be risking it until next year though. Actually looking forward to exploring this country a bit more which I wouldn’t usually do. Just pray for the weather!

I’m probably going to crack around the end of September and board that plane! I’ve worked in minus 40 degrees this year I need some sun on my bones!

I am missing it! I usually spend about 12 weeks a year in Spain. I WILL NOT CRACK!!! Haha x"

12 weeks!! Heaven

Where abouts in Spain?

I’m hoping my next work contract is in the canaries lol

over a year ago

I am missing it! I usually spend about 12 weeks a year in Spain. I WILL NOT CRACK!!! Haha x

12 weeks!! Heaven

Where abouts in Spain?

I’m hoping my next work contract is in the canaries lol

"

I'm ten weeks in Greece.

By *ediMan
over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 25/06/21 09:38:45]

over a year ago

"My fingers are crossed for being able to get to my brothers wedding in the USA in October. Currently hoping for the best but planning for the worst. If it wasn't his wedding, I wouldn't be going abroad this year..."

Hope you get there mate

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

There’s a global pandemic, the situation is still precarious and things change very quickly. It’s hardly a reasonable risk and people have no justification for complaining if/when things go wrong, it’s not a surprise as to what’s happening now, surely?

While I appreciate that some may still want to live cautiously I personally don’t see the point in punishing myself anymore.

"

I don’t agree with those events either.

The key thing here is personal choice and assessment of risk, you go to these places in full awareness that it’s a risk. If you are to fall ill or get stuck, that’s 100% your choice and there’s no recourse.

You also don’t need to go

By *ister_ee_1981Man
over a year ago

Paphos

"My fingers are crossed for being able to get to my brothers wedding in the USA in October. Currently hoping for the best but planning for the worst. If it wasn't his wedding, I wouldn't be going abroad this year...

Hope you get there mate "

Thanks buddy!

over a year ago

I don’t agree with those events either.

The key thing here is personal choice and assessment of risk, you go to these places in full awareness that it’s a risk. If you are to fall ill or get stuck, that’s 100% your choice and there’s no recourse.

You also don’t need to go"

You may not agree with them but they’re happening and in my opinion it’s a big Fu** you from the government to everyone.

If you’re always going to live in fear of it you have a bigger problem than this.

Most have been double jabbed if not why not? We can’t wait forever!

Sun loungers need lounging on!

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"I do, but my son went to Portugal for the champs league final and spent £400 on feckin PCR tests!

That’s not far off a weeks salary for tests!!! "

Yes any green can go amber/red at any point. British holiday for me this year.

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I love the sun and relaxing by a pool, bar close by, the sea, the sand….

But, this year with the uncertainty, the chopping and changing of traffic light based lists and the logistics and cost of tests… I simply can’t be arsed.

over a year ago

Working in Europe I’ve seen people’s attitude towards the Uk especially how they’ve handled or Mishandled this situation.

Quite frankly we are Abit of a laughing stock the swapping and changing of minds is quite comical.

My only reason for wanting to go abroad is if it’s safe for footballers to travel unnecessarily around Europe with fans and staff then why should I still try to do my bit?

I’ve had both jabs and I think I’ve just about earnt a holiday

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Going to wait till late Aug see what’s happening then

over a year ago

"Going to wait till late Aug see what’s happening then"

I thought the same. Everywhere in the Uk is booked up or asking ridiculous prices

Post new Message to Thread