Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

4G Mobiles

Jump to newest

By *uckoo clock OP   Couple
over a year ago

Merseyside

I have a Galaxy S2 and was thinking of upgrading to the S3, but with the recent announcement that 4G technology could be with us next month would it be unwise to invest in a 3G phone.

I have read that the coming iphone5 will support 4G but are there any others as well ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"I have a Galaxy S2 and was thinking of upgrading to the S3, but with the recent announcement that 4G technology could be with us next month would it be unwise to invest in a 3G phone.

I have read that the coming iphone5 will support 4G but are there any others as well ? "

Most will be I would have thought. Samsung, HTC and of course apple already have 4G in other countries or in pipeline

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

im sure there will be many, 4g wont be out for a few months yet so plenty of time

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I have read that the coming iphone5 will support 4G but are there any others as well ? "

d[ o_0 ]b

The next iPhone will support a 4G format but it's likely to be in a frequency incompatible with the current proposed UK 4G frequency. So if 4G is important to you don't hold your breath for the next iPhone.

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

All apple products work in all countries most 4G networks will be on the same wavelength 1800mhz as the uk

So iPhone 5 should be 4G

over a year ago

Like all new technology it will make a while to become established. You'll only

get 4G in the major cities and commuter

corridors to start with anyway. If you live in the sticks you'll have pretty much shit

it, just as most rural places don't have 3G as its not worth the companies upgrading the towers.

So for now the phone companies will start bringing out 4G phones, neglecting

to tell you that you will only be on 3G signal for pretty much all your 2 year contract.

And do you use your phone to watch films or telly that much? If not then you won't care about the difference In speed anyway. And if you do I can guarantee that the 4G network will be under the same strain at peak times as the current 3G one. Its really the case of trying to sell you the latest shiny thing that you really don't need, at least not for a few years.

over a year ago

Like all new technology it will make a while to become established. You'll only

get 4G in the major cities and commuter

corridors to start with anyway. If you live in the sticks you'll have pretty much shit

it, just as most rural places don't have 3G as its not worth the companies upgrading the towers.

So for now the phone companies will start bringing out 4G phones, neglecting

to tell you that you will only be on 3G signal for pretty much all your 2 year contract.

And do you use your phone to watch films or telly that much? If not then you won't care about the difference In speed anyway. And if you do I can guarantee that the 4G network will be under the same strain at peak times as the current 3G one. Its really the case of trying to sell you the latest shiny thing that you really don't need, at least not for a few years.

Post new Message to Thread