Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

RIP Tony Nicklinson

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sad to hear Tony died this morning after losing his fight in court last week for the right to leave this world in a manner of his choosing.

RIP Tony....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was just watching the channel 4 documentary on him the other night, a very, very sad story. The thought of being in his situation fills me with complete horror, I am glad he is at peace now. RIP.

over a year ago

i am glad he is at peace now xx RIP

over a year ago

Sometimes death comes as a friend

over a year ago

"Sometimes death comes as a friend "
your so right .

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

One of the saddest things I have seen on tv recently was him sobbing uncontrollably at the news that he had lost his court case.

Although it is a sad time for his family I know they will be happy that he is now free from a life he hated so much

over a year ago

Although swathed in sadness, I hope his family takes comfort knowing that he’s finally been realised from torment

May the god rest his soul….

A very brave man!

RIP

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"One of the saddest things I have seen on tv recently was him sobbing uncontrollably at the news that he had lost his court case.

Although it is a sad time for his family I know they will be happy that he is now free from a life he hated so much "

i saw that and it was so guting for him.

rip tony

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Such a brave person and such a shame that he could not choose himself but at the same time so brave to want to protect others from prosecution.

I was once told a life only ends when every life it as touched is gone.

over a year ago

".... a life only ends when every life it as touched is gone. "

Profund, and brilliant. Have to keep that one in my back pocket....

over a year ago

very sorry.

but in a way im glad he is not suffering like that anymore.

i just hope his family get time to rest for what has been a struggle at times.

over a year ago

he's a free spirit now

over a year ago

RIP Tony......... At last given the chance to be at peace

over a year ago

Yea RIP tony u have your wish now god be with u

over a year ago

"Sad to hear Tony died this morning after losing his fight in court last week for the right to leave this world in a manner of his choosing.

RIP Tony....

"

Poor man he's at peace now R.I.P x

over a year ago

pleased he has died, its what he wanted, in this instance the law is an ass

over a year ago

just been posting about this to a friend..I'd actually got confused with the director tony scott(top gun)-such a sad and related thing..being forced to suffer.

I know its a grey area on what others actually suffer...but then some things are so black and white..I see there is only ONE obvious answer.Let them go with dignity.Every case should be as individual to the person, especially when its something like this.

over a year ago

" i am glad he is at peace now xx RIP "

my words exactly

over a year ago

My thoughts go to his family, the adjustment will be hard and knowing that others in his situation will still have to fight is saddening.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I can't think of anything worse than the situation that Tony and his family have been in

Im glad that he can finally rest

over a year ago

"One of the saddest things I have seen on tv recently was him sobbing uncontrollably at the news that he had lost his court case.

Although it is a sad time for his family I know they will be happy that he is now free from a life he hated so much "

over a year ago

So so sad

RIP tony, your at peace now

By *ottyhunkCouple
over a year ago

Leyburn

God looked around his garden

And found an empty place

He then looked down upon the earth

And saw your tired face

He put his arms around you

And lifted you to rest

God's garden must be beautiful

He always takes the best

He knew that you were suffering

He knew that you were in pain

He knew that you would never

Get well on earth again

He saw the road was getting rough

And the hills were hard to climb

So he closed your weary eyelids

And whispered 'Peace be thine'

It broke our hearts to lose you

But you didn't go alone

For part of us went with you

The day God called you home!

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

they read that at my brothers funeral he had a dibilitating illness thanks for quoteing that it touched me rip tony x

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Im so glad that hes gone now...the poor man was devestated when the ruling went against him....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

He walked through heavens door to a better place x

sleep well xx

and what a dignified family you have. Respect to them x

over a year ago

"just been posting about this to a friend..I'd actually got confused with the director tony scott(top gun)-such a sad and related thing..being forced to suffer.

I know its a grey area on what others actually suffer...but then some things are so black and white..I see there is only ONE obvious answer.Let them go with dignity.Every case should be as individual to the person, especially when its something like this."

It was also reported that the police wouldn't be investigating his death. Too bloody right. Leave him and his family be.

RIP Tony.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

He and his family have been so dignified throughout the whole of their fight for the right to choose. A truly loving family that wanted to support the decision of the father and husband they loved. Peace to them all.

over a year ago

"...It was also reported that the police wouldn't be investigating his death. Too bloody right. Leave him and his family be.

RIP Tony. "

I heard that on the radio on the way back from Gatwick too - I nearly drove off the M25! Can't believe they can be so bloody heartless to even release such a statement. Too damned right they shouldn't be 'investigating' it.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"...It was also reported that the police wouldn't be investigating his death. Too bloody right. Leave him and his family be.

RIP Tony.

I heard that on the radio on the way back from Gatwick too - I nearly drove off the M25! Can't believe they can be so bloody heartless to even release such a statement. Too damned right they shouldn't be 'investigating' it.

"

With such a huh profile case they couldn't really have left it unsaid. People who were against his case would have warned it investigated. Now the police have made their stance everyone knows where they stand.

It's not right that they had to make a statement but I understand why they did.

over a year ago

RIP Tony.

With such a huh profile case they couldn't really have left it unsaid. People who were against his case would have warned it investigated. Now the police have made their stance everyone knows where they stand.

It's not right that they had to make a statement but I understand why they did. "

I know what you are saying, but having had a lot of dealings with the Police quite intensely during the 1990's, (and with a senior ex-police officer in my immediate family) I know that for them to make that statement, 'someone' within the force area in which Tony and his family live will have had to have 'grounds' on which to consider whether an investigation should be made. As all Tony did was to take his case to court to enable a Doctor to help him without fear of prosecution, and that being the sole cause for 'suspicion', I find it all the more heartless that they even did that. Just my personal opinion of the Police which, as the years go on, regrettably sinks lower and lower....

over a year ago

RIP Tony.

It's not right that they had to make a statement but I understand why they did.

I know what you are saying, but having had a lot of dealings with the Police quite intensely during the 1990's, (and with a senior ex-police officer in my immediate family) I know that for them to make that statement, 'someone' within the force area in which Tony and his family live will have had to have 'grounds' on which to consider whether an investigation should be made. As all Tony did was to take his case to court to enable a Doctor to help him without fear of prosecution, and that being the sole cause for 'suspicion', I find it all the more heartless that they even did that. Just my personal opinion of the Police which, as the years go on, regrettably sinks lower and lower....

"

The 'grounds' would be the high profile court case. The very fact that last week he was in court asking them to allow him choose when he could die, and this week he has died....

Someone somewhere will have had to make a decision, and also to make it know what the decision was. I don't think its heartless, just something they had to do/ say. x

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"pleased he has died, its what he wanted, in this instance the law is an ass"

By *sk_morrisseyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

It was really heartbreaking watching the poor man when the verdict was announced. Feeling for his family and friends right now. I hope he's now found the peace he was looking for.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

very sad but also very brave to be going through this while also bringing this controversy to the forefront once more rip you may have helped fellow sufferers down the line

Post new Message to Thread