Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

One week to go

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Then it's the Paralympics.

Ch4's Best of British series has me hooked already. This is Rehab last night should be made compulsory viewing for the whole nation and be put on the national curriculum for ever more.

I wonder if I can get to the Torch?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"Then it's the Paralympics.

"

It certainly is, once more segregation at the hands of non disabled decision makers. Made me larf throughout the Olympics how the broadcasters and all the commentators kept saying how sad it was that it was all coming to an end. No mention of the paralympics at all to begin with, I bet BBC people were kicking off about that!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ch4's Best of British series has me hooked already. This is Rehab last night should be made compulsory viewing for the whole nation and be put on the national curriculum for ever more.

I wonder if I can get to the Torch?"

Im looking forward to this.....havent watched the programmes yet, but fully intend to before the Paralympics start

over a year ago

It certainly is, once more segregation at the hands of non disabled decision makers. Made me larf throughout the Olympics how the broadcasters and all the commentators kept saying how sad it was that it was all coming to an end. No mention of the paralympics at all to begin with, I bet BBC people were kicking off about that!

"

TT, do you feel that there has been no progress at all? I have been annoyed at people saying that it's all over but the Ch4 billboards saying 'thanks for the warm up' have been a nice tongue in cheek reminder.

The rise in ticket sales will mean that more people will be exposed to the Paralympics than ever before. The television programming featuring our Paralympians is also better than at any other time. My nephews were more excited about going to see the Paralympics than the Olympics and will come back from holiday with that to look forward to.

You know I would agree with you that there is still long a way to go on equality but I'm going to be banging the drum on this just as loudly as for the Games a few weeks ago.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i wont be able to watch all of it due to committments but i will when i can.

im looking forward to it.

they are excellent athletes

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

TT, do you feel that there has been no progress at all? I have been annoyed at people saying that it's all over but the Ch4 billboards saying 'thanks for the warm up' have been a nice tongue in cheek reminder.

The rise in ticket sales will mean that more people will be exposed to the Paralympics than ever before. The television programming featuring our Paralympians is also better than at any other time. My nephews were more excited about going to see the Paralympics than the Olympics and will come back from holiday with that to look forward to.

You know I would agree with you that there is still long a way to go on equality but I'm going to be banging the drum on this just as loudly as for the Games a few weeks ago."

over a year ago

Super humans - however you wish to say it.

I didn't realise that wheelchair rugby is mixed gender - brilliant!

Post new Message to Thread