Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sorry to burst your bubble…

Jump to newest

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Post on this thread something that people always seem to get wrong or are often making assumptions about, that you know are incorrect.

Be it light or serious, it’s time to set the record straight and burst some bubbles!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Don’t get in a lather about it...

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I had mine burst on here a few years back when the "fact" I had been spouting, and impressing people with, for years about the origins of the term "brass monkeys" (relating to a brass ring used to hold cannonballs in place on ships) was called out and proven incorrect and in fact scientifically not possible.

Consigning that one to the bin was tough

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I had mine burst on here a few years back when the "fact" I had been spouting, and impressing people with, for years about the origins of the term "brass monkeys" (relating to a brass ring used to hold cannonballs in place on ships) was called out and proven incorrect and in fact scientifically not possible.

Consigning that one to the bin was tough "

Perceived wisdom is rarely either

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That joining fab doesn't give you a guranteed shag.. woops sorry to burst it

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Several people have told me I'm a massive over flirter on here ..

And that's so wrong ... I'm an amateur compared to some guys on here ...

I must try harder

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

[Removed by poster at 24/06/21 12:51:18]

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"That joining fab doesn't give you a guranteed shag.. woops sorry to burst it "

*crumples up voucher*

Dammit

By *reamblueMan
over a year ago

London

What? NOOOoooo!

over a year ago

That I’m a bully and I try and make myself look better by putting other people down.

1) I don’t set on to intimidate, threaten or abuse anyone. It’s hugely upsetting to be accused of bullying because it’s something I don’t tolerate and will always stand up for someone even if that involved going against multiple people.

2) I don’t need to make myself look better, I don’t feel there is anywhere higher I could go with regards to how I view myself so if I say something that someone interprets as a put down then it’s just something I wanted to say because it’s something I believe. I don’t need to try and make myself look better by putting anyone else down because there’s nothing to gain from it. I don’t view anyone as a threat or competition to me. I won’t dull anyone else’s sparkle to try and make myself shine brighter because I already am sparkly as fuck.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Not everyone who likes to work out is a shallow, egotistical, intellectually stunted narcissist.

By *angria_girlukWoman
over a year ago

LUTON

Cyclists in the UK, do have to stop at red traffic lights.

over a year ago

"Not everyone who likes to work out is a shallow, egotistical, intellectually stunted narcissist."

Did you have to put the mirror down to type that? kidding!

Totally agree

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

That the female is always the one answering fab messages.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

People thinking 50 shades of sh*te is an accurate portrayal of the dom/sub dynamic

over a year ago

Sorry to burst your bubble....

But its not all about you!

PW

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Not everyone who likes to work out is a shallow, egotistical, intellectually stunted narcissist."

Just you then?

I'm joking!

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"That the female is always the one answering fab messages."

In my experience its usually the male but if I message couples I address it to both of them

over a year ago

That I will shag anyone or anything with a pulse......the pulse isn't needed just be slightly warm!

over a year ago

Electrons don’t flow from positive to negative. They actually flow the opposite way to the way ‘convention’ thought. It’s ok though as the maths still works

over a year ago

"That I’m a bully and I try and make myself look better by putting other people down.

1) I don’t set on to intimidate, threaten or abuse anyone. It’s hugely upsetting to be accused of bullying because it’s something I don’t tolerate and will always stand up for someone even if that involved going against multiple people.

2) I don’t need to make myself look better, I don’t feel there is anywhere higher I could go with regards to how I view myself so if I say something that someone interprets as a put down then it’s just something I wanted to say because it’s something I believe. I don’t need to try and make myself look better by putting anyone else down because there’s nothing to gain from it. I don’t view anyone as a threat or competition to me. I won’t dull anyone else’s sparkle to try and make myself shine brighter because I already am sparkly as fuck. "

Interesting. You don’t come across as a bully to me, so that makes me wonder what other people interpret as bullying. I see you as a direct person, but not as a bully. Not that my opinion is worth more than anyone else’s, how you see yourself is more important.

over a year ago

Sorry to burst your bubble ... but it was only a little prick

IS

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Not everyone who likes to work out is a shallow, egotistical, intellectually stunted narcissist.

Did you have to put the mirror down to type that? kidding!

Totally agree "

It was difficult to multitask but I luckily made use of the dictaphone

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Not everyone who likes to work out is a shallow, egotistical, intellectually stunted narcissist.

Just you then?

I'm joking! "

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

What!!! Well colour me shocked! I need to re-evaluate

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"People thinking 50 shades of sh*te is an accurate portrayal of the dom/sub dynamic "

Completely agree… if “Mr Grey” hadn’t been a rich handsome guy then the story would be a creepy stalker crime thriller

over a year ago

"People thinking 50 shades of sh*te is an accurate portrayal of the dom/sub dynamic

Completely agree… if “Mr Grey” hadn’t been a rich handsome guy then the story would be a creepy stalker crime thriller "

over a year ago

That when you are messaging on in chat with a couple, although the profile pic may be of the female (she is far more photogenic), you could be talking to him, her or both...

So best to address all messages to both!

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Here’s another one, relating the the so termed, Mandela Effect:

For the love of God! - Carl Orff’s, O Fortuna from his Carmina Burana does NOT, I repeat, does NOT feature in the Omen films!!!

Even the great Sir Tom Jones seems to be under this common delusion.

The musical scores for all three films in the original trilogy were composed by the late, great, Jerry Goldsmith.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Not everything is about you

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"People thinking 50 shades of sh*te is an accurate portrayal of the dom/sub dynamic

Completely agree… if “Mr Grey” hadn’t been a rich handsome guy then the story would be a creepy stalker crime thriller

"

He'd have been reported to the police for domestic ab*se!

over a year ago

"Not everything is about you "

Hate to burst your bubble but it is

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Not everything is about you "

Is this aimed at me?…

over a year ago

"Here’s another one, relating the the so termed, Mandela Effect:

For the love of God! - Carl Orff’s, O Fortuna from his Carmina Burana does NOT, I repeat, does NOT feature in the Omen films!!!

The musical scores for all three films in the original trilogy were composed by the late, great, Jerry Goldsmith.

"

Really? I'm going to have to listen back on this. I've been labouring under this misapprehension for years! Total disbelief

IS

over a year ago

Too many guys make the assumption it's sweet online,answering their messages,even though our profile clearly states it's me,Grey,and that sweet only chats to those we already know.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

yeah we are ...

over a year ago

"That I’m a bully and I try and make myself look better by putting other people down.

2) I don’t need to make myself look better, I don’t feel there is anywhere higher I could go with regards to how I view myself so if I say something that someone interprets as a put down then it’s just something I wanted to say because it’s something I believe. I don’t need to try and make myself look better by putting anyone else down because there’s nothing to gain from it. I don’t view anyone as a threat or competition to me. I won’t dull anyone else’s sparkle to try and make myself shine brighter because I already am sparkly as fuck.

Interesting. You don’t come across as a bully to me, so that makes me wonder what other people interpret as bullying. I see you as a direct person, but not as a bully. Not that my opinion is worth more than anyone else’s, how you see yourself is more important. "

I don’t know either. But glad you don’t see me that way

over a year ago

"Electrons don’t flow from positive to negative. They actually flow the opposite way to the way ‘convention’ thought. It’s ok though as the maths still works "

Though interestingly in the US I think they work with electron flow direction instead of current flow

IS

over a year ago

Brexshit was portentous...sorry to burst THAT bubble

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's an attack on you personally and you don't have to keep trying to defend yourself to a stranger on the internet

over a year ago

I reckon I come across as a cocky prick on the forums but the jokey comments/shit jokes are all just to cover up the anxiety of rejection/non acceptance and the feeling of inadequacy from comparing myself to other people on here.

In a nutshell, I'm not a bellend, promise

over a year ago

"Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's an attack on you personally and you don't have to keep trying to defend yourself to a stranger on the internet "

I see this a lot. Or people taking offence "on behalf of.." or just for the sake of it. Wise words FH

over a year ago

You can't see the Great Wall of China from space, and there is no telescope powerful enough to see the lunar landing sites from Earth's surface.

By *lamorousBeautyLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"Post on this thread something that people always seem to get wrong or are often making assumptions about, that you know are incorrect.

Be it light or serious, it’s time to set the record straight and burst some bubbles!"

That there is no such thing as a sex drive and that we have been (and still are) exposed to some major lies (or misapprehensions) about sex and there is no one default way to experience sexuality and desire. Thank you, Emily Nagoski.

By *issAphroditeWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

That violent crime is very much a gendered issue, as 9 out of 10 convicted murderers (in the UK) are men.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"I had mine burst on here a few years back when the "fact" I had been spouting, and impressing people with, for years about the origins of the term "brass monkeys" (relating to a brass ring used to hold cannonballs in place on ships) was called out and proven incorrect and in fact scientifically not possible.

Consigning that one to the bin was tough "

I had read that too be true too!

By *_hot_hornyCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

1) That it's Mr who prefers to meet bi guys

2) Assuming Mr isn't very hung or is in anyway submissive - there's a reason Mrs Hot is a bit of a size queen...

3) Thinking that having a gym fit body is desirable (we find it impresses men more than women), chemistry is key!

4) That we're horny 24/7, and free all day, every day, just sitting around the house with bated breathe.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as rice paper.

over a year ago

That those who are ‘right’ politically are uncaring, selfish gits who think nothing of destroying the welfare system and leave all who are ‘undesirable’ in society to starve.

Tiresome assumption.

over a year ago

That education stops at school. It doesn't. Parents and guardians need to build on the work the teachers do with their kids at home in order to fully embed what has been taught during the week. A minimum of 10 hours of home education per week is advised.

over a year ago

"The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as rice paper. "

I'm ginger, I have translucent skin.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as rice paper.

I'm ginger, I have translucent skin."

The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as a gingers skin.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"

It does however feature on the Old Spice advert

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

I’m working towards it

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

#notallmen

over a year ago

"The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as rice paper.

The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as a gingers skin. "

Much better. Although now I have to start a hashtag against you for committing a hate crime. First it was the new Spider-Man film abondoning Mary-Jane's red hair, then the new Little Mermaid movie using a non-redheaded mermaid and now this. Ginger lives matter.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"1) That it's Mr who prefers to meet bi guys

2) Assuming Mr isn't very hung or is in anyway submissive - there's a reason Mrs Hot is a bit of a size queen...

3) Thinking that having a gym fit body is desirable (we find it impresses men more than women), chemistry is key!

4) That we're horny 24/7, and free all day, every day, just sitting around the house with bated breathe.

"

You mean you don't just sit on Fab waiting for someone to say "want to f*ck" before dashing off to meet them? Lol

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as a gingers skin. "

Yea all you can see in my pic is my shadow

By *ackdaw52Man
over a year ago

Chesterfield

The economy relies on immigration...People get upset about that.

By *_hot_hornyCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"1) That it's Mr who prefers to meet bi guys

You mean you don't just sit on Fab waiting for someone to say "want to f*ck" before dashing off to meet them? Lol"

Sorry to burst your bubble! Lol

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The stories you tell yourself, the public veneer you wear -- are as translucent as a gingers skin.

Much better. Although now I have to start a hashtag against you for committing a hate crime. First it was the new Spider-Man film abondoning Mary-Jane's red hair, then the new Little Mermaid movie using a non-redheaded mermaid and now this. Ginger lives matter."

There has to be a hate crime first.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

It does however feature on the Old Spice advert"

And in John Boorman’s, Excalibur (along with movements from Wagner’s, Der Ring des Nibelungen)

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"The economy relies on immigration...People get upset about that."

Especially when they can't get served in their fave eating place since Brexit.

over a year ago

I'm out...

over a year ago

If your OP heading had read bust instead of burst you may have had more of an impact?

Burst is too english and nice!

Gotta go in a little deeper!!

over a year ago

Much better. Although now I have to start a hashtag against you for committing a hate crime. First it was the new Spider-Man film abondoning Mary-Jane's red hair, then the new Little Mermaid movie using a non-redheaded mermaid and now this. Ginger lives matter.

"

I wasn't expecting you to have taken that seriously.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Everything ends

over a year ago

"Everything ends"

Does Fab end? I've been playing it for years and have still never won.

over a year ago

Balloons don’t last forever

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I wasn't expecting you to have taken that seriously. "

I wasn't expecting you to have taken THAT seriously.

Your move ginga.

over a year ago

I wasn't expecting you to have taken that seriously.

I wasn't expecting you to have taken THAT seriously.

Your move ginga."

Nah, I'm done. I'm picking up my ball and taking it home with me. Sulky face.

over a year ago

No, we're not all looking for the same thing.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

K. I'm licking me own ice cream then.

Tra !

over a year ago

"K. I'm licking me own ice cream then.

Tra !"

Double 99 with a sugar cone and 2 flakes?

over a year ago

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. 1kg of muscle = 1kg of fat

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. 1kg of muscle = 1kg of fat"

But Gold weighs more than feathers .... we all know that

over a year ago

"Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. 1kg of muscle = 1kg of fat

But Gold weighs more than feathers .... we all know that"

And everything dropped from the eiffel tower lands at the same time. Or even a feather dropped from the eiffel tower will kill you.

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Bisexual doesn’t mean two, irrespective of the etymology of the words.

The correct definition is attraction to two or more genders.

Bisexuality isn’t transphobic and it encompasses the spectrum of attraction from 1/99% to 50/50%, so even if you only occasionally enjoy sucking on a penis or the odd lick of labia, that’s still bisexual

By *lamorousBeautyLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"#notallmen "

That #notallmen is the wrong hashtag and the correct one is #toomanymen

over a year ago

"#notallmen

That #notallmen is the wrong hashtag and the correct one is #toomanymen"

over a year ago

Can we burst every west ham fans bubbles?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Bisexual doesn’t mean two, irrespective of the etymology of the words.

Bisexuality isn’t transphobic and it encompasses the spectrum of attraction from 1/99% to 50/50%, so even if you only occasionally enjoy sucking on a penis or the odd lick of labia, that’s still bisexual "

And bicycle means you like both of your bikes

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

And Bye Cycle is what we say in Liverpool if you took your eye off it for a second.

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Bisexual doesn’t mean two, irrespective of the etymology of the words.

Bisexuality isn’t transphobic and it encompasses the spectrum of attraction from 1/99% to 50/50%, so even if you only occasionally enjoy sucking on a penis or the odd lick of labia, that’s still bisexual

And bicycle means you like both of your bikes"

Words are funny things aren’t they. Just look at Television which is both Latin and Greek, yet means something different.

Language evolves.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Tele vision

Far away see ......

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Tele vision

Far away see ......

"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Tele vision

Far away see ......

"

Tis too !

Tele ( far away )

Visio ( sight )

Stop laughing

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

The terms English and British do not mean the same thing.

All of the English are British, but not all the British are English.

Gbat

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"The terms English and British do not mean the same thing.

All of the English are British, but not all the British are English.

Gbat"

No. All of the English are not British.

By *batMan
over a year ago

But doesn't a cubic centimetre of muscle weigh more than a cubic centimetre of fat?

Your 1kg of muscle welcome as a smaller portion than your 1kg of fat.

Gbat

over a year ago

My haircut has made many people think I'm gay, but I'm completely straight...

By *batMan
over a year ago

"No. All of the English are not British."

Which English people aren't British?

Gbat

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"

My favourite everyone "remembers" is

What does it do?

It doesn’t do anything. That’s the beauty of it.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

That the ‘TV joke’ you know, every time a subject comes up about crossdressing and we call ourselves TV’s some guy (it always seems to be Men) will reference a well known television brand (Samsung or Sony etc..).

Every time, it’s just getting boring now

Sorry Op what was the question again

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Everything ends

Does Fab end? I've been playing it for years and have still never won. "

Eventually someone will complete it

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

My old PT told me that and when someone argued with me I simply said how much does 1lb of fat weigh *answer 1lb* how much does 1lb of muscle weigh *answer I hate you*. However 1lb of fat takes up more space than 1lb of muscle so you look slimmer

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Sorry to burst your bubble…"

The Godfather films are not that good.

over a year ago

Not every one likes a full body massage.

By *batMan
over a year ago

Sorry to burst your bubble (the person who messaged me to say this) but you CAN'T only be English and not British, whether you like it or not! It's a matter of legal fact not preference.

You're welcome!

Gbat

By *iver1ukMan
over a year ago

kettering

"That violent crime is very much a gendered issue, as 9 out of 10 convicted murderers (in the UK) are men."

Probably because women are to smart to get caught

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"And Bye Cycle is what we say in Liverpool if you took your eye off it for a second. "

Best gag of the week..

over a year ago

"Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. 1kg of muscle = 1kg of fat

My old PT told me that and when someone argued with me I simply said how much does 1lb of fat weigh *answer 1lb* how much does 1lb of muscle weigh *answer I hate you*. However 1lb of fat takes up more space than 1lb of muscle so you look slimmer"

Exactly - the weight is the same but the volume is different

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm not Polish!!!

(nothing against Polish people)

Post new Message to Thread