Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It’s just sex

Jump to newest

By *ebjonnson OP   Man
over a year ago

Maldon

Is it possible to meet, either on here or a random ‘real life’ meet and enjoy an ongoing sex only relationship? Or do feelings always get in the way?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

It’s possible. So long as you don’t get to familiar. Bit of emotional distance and all that jazz.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s not something I can do

Personally

over a year ago

Of course, if your both on the same page. Especially being in a couple, if feelings ever started to arise we would cut it off immediately.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Not for me. Feelings don’t scare me though.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Yes definitely, Mrs has been seeing a few guys over the year's who she meets regularly just for sex.

It's simple.

When she plays with guy's she has sex when we have sex it's making love, their is a huge difference.

It's probably more difficult for singles or people who are in a bad relationship as they may be seeking more than just sex.

But the law or averages say that eventually the chances of meeting someone who you start to have feelings for is greater the longer you go on for the amount of people you meet and the times you meet the same person.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Sex is a very personal experience. I think if that sex expands to any kink of getting to know each other some kind of feeling are possible to grow. I think it's fair to point out that it's possible to develop feeling that are not romantic though. Something more on the lines of friendship and genuine care or somewhere between there and romantic love. Friendship and love is wide a spectrum I believe (especially in those who are loving and caring by nature). Often a good FWB situation falls somewhere within this spectrum and doesn't grow into anything more.

Mr

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/06/21 11:46:35]

over a year ago

It's about head space.

So for me sex twice close together then a break for a good few weeks.

If it is every week then most of the time one of the party will start getting emotionally attached.

But there is no right or wrong answer to this.

Communication is key as long as you're openly honest with all the cards on the table nobody should get hurt.

over a year ago

Used to have someone I would fuck once a week, had no feelings for........ then divorced her!

over a year ago

"It’s possible. So long as you don’t get to familiar. Bit of emotional distance and all that jazz."

That's why when I decide to swing I prefer to go to a Club.

over a year ago

"Used to have someone I would fuck once a week, had no feelings for........ then divorced her!"

That made me chuckle

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think it's possible but it's also a very individual thing - some people are able to have sex purely for the sake of sex without emotions or feelings coming into it on any level, others need it to be more deep and meaningful.

I think it can also be situational on an individual basis too.

Personally I need at least some level of connection which can leave things open to an emotional attachment, but not necessarily on a deep and meaningful basis - can remember Chillout describing it as having an "affection" for someone, and it's a good way to look at it for me, caring about them without necessarily "needing" them.

As I said though it's very much an individual thing, and comes down to not only each of us on a personal level, but a circumstantial one too.

The key being how we each deal with it, and find people that match our thinking.

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

"Sex is a very personal experience. I think if that sex expands to any kink of getting to know each other some kind of feeling are possible to grow. I think it's fair to point out that it's possible to develop feeling that are not romantic though. Something more on the lines of friendship and genuine care or somewhere between there and romantic love. Friendship and love is wide a spectrum I believe (especially in those who are loving and caring by nature). Often a good FWB situation falls somewhere within this spectrum and doesn't grow into anything more.

Mr"

That’s exactly my thinking too

over a year ago

"Used to have someone I would fuck once a week, had no feelings for........ then divorced her!

That made me chuckle "

Well if can make you laugh means a step closer to getting in your inbox

By *2and3quartersWoman
over a year ago

Bumbletown

"Sex is a very personal experience. I think if that sex expands to any kink of getting to know each other some kind of feeling are possible to grow. I think it's fair to point out that it's possible to develop feeling that are not romantic though. Something more on the lines of friendship and genuine care or somewhere between there and romantic love. Friendship and love is wide a spectrum I believe (especially in those who are loving and caring by nature). Often a good FWB situation falls somewhere within this spectrum and doesn't grow into anything more.

Mr

That’s exactly my thinking too "

Mine too

over a year ago

I don’t trust myself to not develop feelings for someone I’m sleeping with regularly, semen is a bonding chemical for me.

I can do rim & blowjob only meets till the cows come home and not develop feelings but not full sex.

over a year ago

"I think it's possible but it's also a very individual thing - some people are able to have sex purely for the sake of sex without emotions or feelings coming into it on any level, others need it to be more deep and meaningful.

Personally I need at least some level of connection which can leave things open to an emotional attachment, but not necessarily on a deep and meaningful basis - can remember Chillout describing it as having an "affection" for someone, and it's a good way to look at it for me, caring about them without necessarily "needing" them.

As I said though it's very much an individual thing, and comes down to not only each of us on a personal level, but a circumstantial one too.

The key being how we each deal with it, and find people that match our thinking."

Your bubble analogy makes sense to me.

over a year ago

"I think it's possible but it's also a very individual thing - some people are able to have sex purely for the sake of sex without emotions or feelings coming into it on any level, others need it to be more deep and meaningful.

The key being how we each deal with it, and find people that match our thinking.

Your bubble analogy makes sense to me. "

It makes sense to me too, but can I do it? Nope, I’m rubbish at it, so no, I’m not good at regular sex without feelings.

over a year ago

It makes sense to me too, but can I do it? Nope, I’m rubbish at it, so no, I’m not good at regular sex without feelings. "

Being human is good I think.

By *phrodite_AdonisCouple
over a year ago

~~

"Is it possible to meet, either on here or a random ‘real life’ meet and enjoy an ongoing sex only relationship? Or do feelings always get in the way? "

Easily done, just don’t keep seeing the same person and you won’t catch feels (but may catch something else if you’re not careful ).

By *oooner1Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Of course, if your both on the same page. Especially being in a couple, if feelings ever started to arise we would cut it off immediately."

Same for us. Deb has had a few regulars over the years, but if feelings started to arise, from any of the involved parties, we’d call a halt

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I can do it. Other people seem very prone to catching feelings, though.

over a year ago

It makes sense to me too, but can I do it? Nope, I’m rubbish at it, so no, I’m not good at regular sex without feelings.

Being human is good I think. "

Me too

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Some feelings are natural unless you are a machine. I care about my regular guys but I'm not in love with them, have no expectations and am not jealous. They are friends.

Works well for me.

over a year ago

"Some feelings are natural unless you are a machine. I care about my regular guys but I'm not in love with them, have no expectations and am not jealous. They are friends.

Works well for me.

"

Others you need to worship

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"Used to have someone I would fuck once a week, had no feelings for........ then divorced her!"

By *ananas57Couple
over a year ago

lake ariel

I had a fwb once but he got clingy, so it’s once and done for me now

over a year ago

I have to have a connection and actually like the person I’m having sex with.

But I can have a sexual relationship with someone without wanting or needing more. That’s why I choose to have a variety of fwb. Guys whose company I enjoy and consider friends but have no expectations from them other than enjoying each other’s company when we meet.

I think it’s a bit of a safety/defence mechanism on my part as I know if I only saw one person regularly it could easily become too intense & feelings may creep in and that’s not what I want atm.

By *ojobinksMan
over a year ago

swindon

I think as long as boundaries are observed and you both set out what you want it can be done

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

It is,in my experience, as long as you can totally compartmentalise it and don't see them too often.

When I had FBs we didn't chat or contact each other apart from to arrange meets.

Worked at the time.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'd say it's unusual for both people to view it as "just sex" even if they say they do but not unheard of

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I've never had sex that good that "just sex" would cut it for me. I simply wouldn't bother. I'd need to be a buddy too and I care about mates, so no, I couldn't do "just sex" unless it was someone in a club and that was that, one aspect of a night out rather than the focus.

By *nly4funMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Mr

That’s exactly my thinking too "

It’s rare to find that in a woman. My experience in the past is that a FWB female, especially if they don’t have much else going on in their sex life, can become more emotionally involved that either would have liked going into the “relationship”. It’s always going to be a risk - the better the connection, the better the sex.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's possible. I prefer a friendship involved

By *ebjonnson OP   Man
over a year ago

Maldon

"It is,in my experience, as long as you can totally compartmentalise it and don't see them too often.

When I had FBs we didn't chat or contact each other apart from to arrange meets.

Worked at the time."

I guess it’s all about setting guidelines / rules right from the start. Things change though.

over a year ago

Yeah, I can't have regular sex with friends and not become emotionally attached xx

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

I prefer to have friends with benefits. I have been seeing one for the past 5 years ish. We both like each other as mates, the sex is amazing but neither of us wants more than that. I think there was a period when both of us got a bit emotional, but we got over it.

I really don’t want a relationship. I am rubbish at them. I am a great friend though.

An endless succession of one night stands would just depress me. Not that one nighters don’t have their place

By *orders CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Kelso

Surely there are different levels of love. I love my dog but it's completely different to the love I have for my wife. I love my children equally but I have very different relationships with each of them.

The depth of love is based on our shared experiences. There is absolutely nobody who I would want to be with in a permanent relationship more than my wife.

However, I do love the people I have long-term relationships with. I respect them, I care for them, I value them and I will help them when in need.

Obviously there's a lot more to it than that but, as far as I'm concerned, it very much depends on what people mean by love.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

As a bloke, I prefer some connection, and yes you do run the risk of developing a more emotional connection, but for me good sex is about the connection, it's learning what your partner likes and doesn't like as everyone is different, doesn't mean I am going to ask them to move in with me though

By *avidking73Man
over a year ago

Barnet

It’s possible to separate sex from love. Key is communication and if it gets too far both being adults and stopping.

over a year ago

I have generally found I like the balance of 1-3 FWB that I see every so often, as well as regular one off one night stands xx

Post new Message to Thread