Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Date doesn't look anything like picture

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I once went on a date with a lady whom I'd been chatting to for a few weeks. I showed her picture to my work mates, and we all she was cute. Oh Crikey on the day we met up she must have aged like 20 years. Fortunately she was such a lovely person that I went along with the date. Looking back she was just as I had imagined mentally as the person but physically she really didn't look like her picture. So where she lacked in one respect she certainly made up for in another. Anyway we had a really good time.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

You showed her picture to all of your mates?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I once went on a date with a lady whom I'd been chatting to for a few weeks. I showed her picture to my work mates, and we all she was cute. Oh Crikey on the day we met up she must have aged like 20 years. Fortunately she was such a lovely person that I went along with the date. Looking back she was just as I had imagined mentally as the person but physically she really didn't look like her picture. So where she lacked in one respect she certainly made up for in another. Anyway we had a really good time. "

Did she look like a 20 year old version of herself or like a totally different person?

over a year ago

"You showed her picture to all of your mates? "

Just a few. It wasn't a dirty picture, but her face. And it wasn't on this site. Apparently before you go on a date you're supposed to tell some of your friends about it, well it's a precaution for safety. You never know who you meet. That was the advice for Internet dating.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I walked away from a man I met on here as he was years older and about 7inches shorter than he claimed. I am not here to be deceived.

over a year ago

"I once went on a date with a lady whom I'd been chatting to for a few weeks. I showed her picture to my work mates, and we all she was cute. Oh Crikey on the day we met up she must have aged like 20 years. Fortunately she was such a lovely person that I went along with the date. Looking back she was just as I had imagined mentally as the person but physically she really didn't look like her picture. So where she lacked in one respect she certainly made up for in another. Anyway we had a really good time.

Did she look like a 20 year old version of herself or like a totally different person? "

Both 20 years older and very different to her posted picture.

But she was a lady, I mean a real lady. Manners and just such a lovely person. So she made up for it. Otherwise I would have ran.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I once went on a date with a lady whom I'd been chatting to for a few weeks. I showed her picture to my work mates, and we all she was cute. Oh Crikey on the day we met up she must have aged like 20 years. Fortunately she was such a lovely person that I went along with the date. Looking back she was just as I had imagined mentally as the person but physically she really didn't look like her picture. So where she lacked in one respect she certainly made up for in another. Anyway we had a really good time. "

This sounds like it’s defending lying.

Using old misrepresenting pictures or someone else’s pictures is deception and is never OK. I would have walked away

over a year ago

"I walked away from a man I met on here as he was years older and about 7inches shorter than he claimed. I am not here to be deceived."

Yeah I've read that people lie about thier height a lot, then age..

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"You showed her picture to all of your mates?

Just a few. It wasn't a dirty picture, but her face. And it wasn't on this site. Apparently before you go on a date you're supposed to tell some of your friends about it, well it's a precaution for safety. You never know who you meet. That was the advice for Internet dating. "

If you are worried about meeting someone then you should have a friend ring you durning the date/meet. Showing someone's picture to your mates does nothing to help with safety on a date or meet.

I've never felt the need for a safety call or to give out the other person's information or pics to anyone else if I was anyway worried about meeting someone I just would cancel .

I have met People though who have used old pictures of themselves and lied about their age and it never went beyond a quick coffee.I have no interest in meeting someone who can't be true to themselves .

over a year ago

Just a few. It wasn't a dirty picture, but her face. And it wasn't on this site. Apparently before you go on a date you're supposed to tell some of your friends about it, well it's a precaution for safety. You never know who you meet. That was the advice for Internet dating.

If you are worried about meeting someone then you should have a friend ring you durning the date/meet. Showing someone's picture to your mates does nothing to help with safety on a date or meet.

I've never felt the need for a safety call or to give out the other person's information or pics to anyone else if I was anyway worried about meeting someone I just would cancel .

I have met People though who have used old pictures of themselves and lied about their age and it never went beyond a quick coffee.I have no interest in meeting someone who can't be true to themselves ."

I think it's quite rude and disrespectful to answer or speak on your phone whilst on a date. But I see what what you mean.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I can't see anything wrong with showing someone's ordinary, clothed, non sexual picture to people. I see a lot wrong with pretending to be a lot younger than you really are to get a date.

Glad it turned out alright for you op and she was a nice person. What a shame she felt she had to send an old picture.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Just a few. It wasn't a dirty picture, but her face. And it wasn't on this site. Apparently before you go on a date you're supposed to tell some of your friends about it, well it's a precaution for safety. You never know who you meet. That was the advice for Internet dating. "

That's very good advice.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I have met People though who have used old pictures of themselves and lied about their age and it never went beyond a quick coffee.I have no interest in meeting someone who can't be true to themselves ."

I've sent photos, car registration and address to people before I've met someone. I'm happy for someone to have safety precautions around me too.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I sometimes see older pics on profiles and would have met them as they were but not their recent selves. There are a lot of missed shags.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"I walked away from a man I met on here as he was years older and about 7inches shorter than he claimed. I am not here to be deceived."

A few years ago I was regularly chatting to a woman off one of the online dating sites. She told me one night she was off on a date. I said tell me all about later when you home. She messaged me earlier than expected, said it was a non starter and she bailed. He arrived in a very flash car. But when he got out he was (in her words) the size of a jockey. But he'd told her beforehand he was 6 foot and his photos where taken in a way to disguise his short stature.

Post new Message to Thread