Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

People from other countries

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This is primarily a UK thread does it bother you when people from other countries come join in on certain issues related just to the UK ? Just curious ? Actually any topic

do you think there attitudes are far different from you guys that all live there???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

No.. theres plenty of different people from the uk with differing views on different topics . Why would it matter if someone else joined in

over a year ago

"No.. theres plenty of different people from the uk with differing views on different topics . Why would it matter if someone else joined in"

My point is do you find how let’s say irish come across ! I’ve seen people getting pretty worked up during the how England was handling the covid pandemic and these people where actually mostly American the thread got pretty heated ! Just thinking if it’s not your country why judge how the UK is running there country that’s just one instance that comes to mind !

Or politics which I stay well clear from but I’ve seen people not from the UK throw some strong views on here about that topic to

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

No the more the merrier

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"This is primarily a UK thread does it bother you when people from other countries come join in on certain issues related just to the UK ? Just curious ? Actually any topic

do you think there attitudes are far different from you guys that all live there??? "

Not at all I think it’s a good thing that people outside of the uk comment on certain issues.. can offer a different perspective as long as the perspective isn’t tainted by mainstream media but this end point kinda goes for everyone tbf haha

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/06/21 06:37:25]

over a year ago

"This is primarily a UK thread does it bother you when people from other countries come join in on certain issues related just to the UK ? Just curious ? Actually any topic

do you think there attitudes are far different from you guys that all live there???

Not at all I think it’s a good thing that people outside of the uk comment on certain issues.. can offer a different perspective as long as the perspective isn’t tainted by mainstream media but this end point kinda goes for everyone tbf haha "

Yeah the Irish threads are terrible same people you don’t get all sorts rocking in same faces every day / night talking same rubbish

But there’s always a good amount of crack and madness on the UK threads

over a year ago

Nope next question....

By *issAphroditeWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

No. I'm not a Little Englander

over a year ago

After the first one you wanna second one ! Ha

Not sure who’s worse here !

Ah I was definitely drifting off when I thought this was in anyway way interesting ! Can’t delete the fucker

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I enjoy different viewpoints so the more the merrier.

over a year ago

"I enjoy different viewpoints so the more the merrier. "

over a year ago

"I enjoy different viewpoints so the more the merrier. "

Mostly your view point joking

The people on the UK threads are far more brash people don’t hold back !

You got to have your wits about you for sure

over a year ago

do you think there attitudes are far different from you guys that all live there??? "

We love it when Europeans come and tell us how to run the country.

over a year ago

We love it when Europeans come and tell us how to run the country. "

Ah I definitely wouldn’t get that deep ! But I’ve seen it a good few times it’s died down since that fat raving lunatic left office in the US

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

BLOODY FOREIGNERS

over a year ago

"BLOODY FOREIGNERS "

Fuckers always mooching are threads !

Yeah that’s me alright

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Just over a week ago a guy from the USA started a thread regarding the top 100 westerns of all time basically asking you what you thought the best western was and would reply where the film was ranked.It was a good light hearted thread.

over a year ago

Ah I definitely wouldn’t get that deep ! But I’ve seen it a good few times it’s died down since that fat raving lunatic left office in the US"

Haha. It’s a pleasure to have everyone here. The wider range of views on a topic the better.

I think we would all agree that The Wig’s removal was a

Blessing for the rest of the world (and most sleep Americans)

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

No problem for me. I think Americans get a hard time though from many UK folk on here and real life.

It seems to be the only nation that someone can generalise about and be judgemental towards without being labelled as such which I find ironic

over a year ago

Ah I definitely wouldn’t get that deep ! But I’ve seen it a good few times it’s died down since that fat raving lunatic left office in the US

Haha. It’s a pleasure to have everyone here. The wider range of views on a topic the better.

I think we would all agree that The Wig’s removal was a

Blessing for the rest of the world (and most sleep Americans) "

It might not be as entertaining granted !

But apparently he’ll be back in office by august the absolute whack job !!!!!

He’ll be up on charges soon for sure

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

No not at all x

over a year ago

"No problem for me. I think Americans get a hard time though from many UK folk on here and real life.

It seems to be the only nation that someone can generalise about and be judgemental towards without being labelled as such which I find ironic"

Na I definitely don’t dislike any people from any country but some of them on here sorry they where complete madness ! Then obviously some really cool ones

over a year ago

I think it’s good to have different opinions and view points from people, and see how others would handle or are handling situations or even just to know what they think. It always broadens the horizons and perspectives.

over a year ago

"I think it’s good to have different opinions and view points from people, and see how others would handle or are handling situations or even just to know what they think. It always broadens the horizons and perspectives. "

Most definitely!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's not.

No it doesn't.

They can be.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"No.. theres plenty of different people from the uk with differing views on different topics . Why would it matter if someone else joined in

My point is do you find how let’s say irish come across ! I’ve seen people getting pretty worked up during the how England was handling the covid pandemic and these people where actually mostly American the thread got pretty heated ! Just thinking if it’s not your country why judge how the UK is running there country that’s just one instance that comes to mind !

Or politics which I stay well clear from but I’ve seen people not from the UK throw some strong views on here about that topic to "

Is there such a group as 'the irish?' Aren't they all individuals ?

American's should comment on U.K. politics. It's a very myopic view to think that what takes place in one country doesn't affect you if you don't live there. World politics matter. We all have views on America and what is taking place there, not least because it affects us all.

It worries me when supposed adults say they keep away from politics. All that point out to me is 1) Life IS politics and so they are unaware of what politics is. 2.) They leave everything else to everyone else and just do the moaning as life goes on around them. 3.) They are part of the reason why bad things happen in the world or even their own country or even their own community , parish or street.

We ARE politics. The people are politics. Do you think you are inconsequential and the people that are politicians were grown in a factory ?

You have just asked a highly political question ( which is good ) yet seem unaware of that.

over a year ago

"No.. theres plenty of different people from the uk with differing views on different topics . Why would it matter if someone else joined in

Or politics which I stay well clear from but I’ve seen people not from the UK throw some strong views on here about that topic to

Is there such a group as 'the irish?' Aren't they all individuals ?

American's should comment on U.K. politics. It's a very myopic view to think that what takes place in one country doesn't affect you if you don't live there. World politics matter. We all have views on America and what is taking place there, not least because it affects us all.

It worries me when supposed adults say they keep away from politics. All that point out to me is 1) Life IS politics and so they are unaware of what politics is. 2.) They leave everything else to everyone else and just do the moaning as life goes on around them. 3.) They are part of the reason why bad things happen in the world or even their own country or even their own community , parish or street.

We ARE politics. The people are politics. Do you think you are inconsequential and the people that are politicians were grown in a factory ?

You have just asked a highly political question ( which is good ) yet seem unaware of that."

I was totally unaware actually good point ! And no I’m definitely not oblivious to politics and what is going on around the world ! Probably surprising !

But I try not bring it on here cause it never usually brings a light hearted thread !

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/06/21 08:06:07]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You are right

I thought you mean you kept away from politics per se ,not just here. Good move.

Light hearted ? Just tell a joke involving Boris and a wig and some wallpaper

over a year ago

"You are right

I thought you mean you kept away from politics per se ,not just here. Good move.

Light hearted ? Just tell a joke involving Boris and a wig and some wallpaper"

Hang on I’ll grab my Boris and trump scrap book of jokes I’ve been working on during covid !

I never suggested they where good ! But obviously I had a lot of material to work from

Post new Message to Thread