Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

timewasters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive just got back from a social meet that stood me up, after her being 20 mins late i phoned her, she said she would be 10 mins but after another half hour i phoned again, no answer, so me and my self respect left, this from a woman who on her profile bangs on about people standing her up, pot kettle me thinks, anyway ive got it off my chest 40 mile round trip for nothing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

sorry you were let down.

report her and block.

sadly this happens and the irony is the ones who rant about stuff and sometimes the worst offenders.

onwards and upwards

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

a daily occurance! it seems! So many times have chatted to a meet, dived in the shower awaiting their arrival or an address only to find they have developed amnesia! Why bother arranging if no intention of turning up - ok some may get cold feet but a message to say something has come up would suffice!

I use a two strike rule. If they suddenly have to 'rearrange' I will give the benefit of the doubt...

also what really irks me is ones who you chat with. spectulative talk about a future meet. they add themselves to your friends list then TOTALLY blank all your correspondance!

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

Sorry to hear you got let down but theres alot out there like that.....

How many times have you read that some peeps only reply to face pix but have none on themselves

over a year ago

its something that happens to us all mate.

dont worry about it.

move on and be a winner!

over a year ago

Name and shame

By *kinkypinkyWoman
over a year ago

South Liverpool

the site should have a name and shame wall, it ahppens to us all. men can be as bad x

take it on the chin

over a year ago

"Ive just got back from a social meet that stood me up, after her being 20 mins late i phoned her, she said she would be 10 mins but after another half hour i phoned again, no answer, so me and my self respect left, this from a woman who on her profile bangs on about people standing her up, pot kettle me thinks, anyway ive got it off my chest 40 mile round trip for nothing "

Think on it like this... If she had turned up then you probably would have been disappointed and not wished to meet again. All you can do is report as someone who doesn't turn up and smile on your way home.

over a year ago

"the site should have a name and shame wall, it ahppens to us all. men can be as bad x

take it on the chin "

can cause a lot of problems as sometimes people do cancel for genuine reasons.

life sometimes does get in the way of meets. in this case it was different but always two sides to every story and sometimes things are clouded.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Her loss you look nice.. ah well move on .

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 21/08/12 16:37:12]

over a year ago

I do understand the OP's frustration...

But sometimes there are genuine reasons why people get delayed or fail to show….

I had a meet yesterday where the person turned up 40 minutes late at a pre arranged rendezvous,,,,,,,

I guess If I’d given up and left without giving them a chance to get there , they’d have every right to be pissed with me, as they were the ones making the longer journey to a place they’d never been to before.....

Better luck next time OP....

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

A name and shame is never going to happen, far too open to abuse.

It's a shame you were let down OP, sadly, there are some that take pleasure in giving others the run around - it's an ego boost for them.

Personally, I wouldn't travel 40 miles for a meet, but we are all different.

Chalk it up to experience, and better luck next time.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

On the bright side... karma dictates your next meet will blow you feckin' socks off to restore balance.

pssssstttttt.....if I were you I'd not wear socks and point her head at your cock

over a year ago

"A name and shame is never going to happen, far too open to abuse.

It's a shame you were let down OP, sadly, there are some that take pleasure in giving others the run around - it's an ego boost for them.

Personally, I wouldn't travel 40 miles for a meet, but we are all different.

Chalk it up to experience, and better luck next time."

well said.

im travelling from farnborough to plymouth this weekend to spend it with someone special from here.

its a fair way to go but she is lovely and we get on really well together.

so soemtimes a little further out does work.

over a year ago

sorry to hear...well ur profile appears new...so hope I'm not condescending u. did u really check her out well??-not for one instance saying she is fake, but its easy enough for ppl to remain in fantasy land despite saying they want meets.

I see it everyday in the looking for a meet today list, persistant 'offenders'(couples/fems in my case)-I find it hard to believe that of all the constant meettoday listings they have up, that not one verify comes from it.

I've only had the same situation happen once to myself, but never made it an issue with meeting new ppl(verified or not)

hope u have luck later

over a year ago

Some just dont care about other people .. its all about them .. She could have told you from the start and you would not have been messed around .. xx

By *r cunilingusMan
over a year ago

north west

i have had about a dozen people who have arranged meets and havent bothered turning up. then when i asked why i was blocked. i just feel there people on here who like messing people about.

over a year ago

"the site should have a name and shame wall, it ahppens to us all. men can be as bad x

take it on the chin "

Been said so many times that 'name and shame' wouldn't work! So I'm not going over that again!

Learn from all experiences, take the good with the bad, evolve, don't dwell - and move on!

Not much more you can do and as Santa says - 'So long as you've got your elf!!!'

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/08/12 16:48:07]

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

Its happened to me two times so a one strike out is my new rule. Last one was a two hour journey wasted. Name and shame wouldn't work. Anyways move on and upwards plenty of nice fabbers on here. And I am sure plenty of ladies have been let down too.

over a year ago

The luck i am having in this site i would be happy to get to the arranging a meeting stage lol.

But seriously a name and shame walk wouldnt work as they would just create another profile. Hate the thought if timewasters, what kind of kick do they get out if it

over a year ago

Awwww, can I make you feel better?

over a year ago

daytime meet by any chance???

im thinking attached, they are the ones that will not think twice about making commitments as its more important not to get caught than it is to have the fun.

this is part and part parcel of playing with people who are attached, see they are more interested in not getting caught than meeting, and something can change at the last minute which they have to drop all plans for or they get caught!

over a year ago

"Awwww, can I make you feel better? "
mmm id love you too

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Ive just got back from a social meet that stood me up, after her being 20 mins late i phoned her, she said she would be 10 mins but after another half hour i phoned again, no answer, so me and my self respect left, this from a woman who on her profile bangs on about people standing her up, pot kettle me thinks, anyway ive got it off my chest 40 mile round trip for nothing "
Shame you were let down - you sound a really nice guy. Her loss I d say

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Had one of those myself not so long ago. Luckily it was only across town, not 40 miles away but it still pissed me off. I reported him and 'surprise!' he deleted his profile not long after.

Unfortunately, even the most careful vetting, with phone calls, webcam chat, and checking veris etc will not be enough to avoid chancers and dreamers. You just have to grin and bear it, and keep at it. You will meet someone fab soon enough. And I agree with other posters above - you look nice. Happy Fabbing!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/08/12 17:29:29]

over a year ago

Thanks for the messages, this is my third time on fab, but this is the first time this has happened and hopefully the last

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

Have you heard anything from her or tried contacting her or have you decided to forget all about it/her??

over a year ago

"Awwww, can I make you feel better? "

If that comment was directed at me . . . Anytime hunny x

By *peedypeteMan
over a year ago

derby

I have been on sites 14 years, its always happened but admit it has got worse in the last couple of years.

Although the treatment single men get is still by far the worst, many cpls and even more single women get similar.

I had two meets fixed for this week, times of where to meet and venue agreed, then both cancel, "changed their minds." Of course this is everyones right, but they should put more thought into it before saying yes.

My solution as suggested elswhere in this, is block them then at least they wont do it to you again.

over a year ago

"Have you heard anything from her or tried contacting her or have you decided to forget all about it/her??"

she apologised and said she was stuck in traffic, to which i asked why not call and tell me this, her reply was that she had said sorry and basically she wasn't kissing anyone's arse so tough

Post new Message to Thread