Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Really angry

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My best friend has worked so hard to build her business up. On friday she was robbed of £2000 in takings as she was on the way to the bank. Its a quiet town but it was in the middle of the afternoon, she was driving down one of the roads and a guy on a pushbike "fell" of it in front of her, she rushed to help him, turned round and someone was running off with her bag out the car. Hope they flaming choke on it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That is bad very bad. I assume her insurance won't pick it up as its not robbery or assault.

over a year ago

Thats fucking shocking, hope they find the thievin little cunts and deliver a bit of street justice

over a year ago

Thing is one of her insurances wont touch it cause its classed as in transit but obviously she had left the doors open. Shes being made to feel like the guilty party

over a year ago

Oh god that's awful, some low life scum around.

over a year ago

Yes money in transit section will cover robbery with forceful/violent action. Theft like that is classed as opportunist.

With a crime ref they may look favourably on it, and if she can prove via accounting system the amount in transit.

over a year ago

"Yes money in transit section will cover robbery with forceful/violent action. Theft like that is classed as opportunist.

With a crime ref they may look favourably on it, and if she can prove via accounting system the amount in transit. "

I dont understand the in's and outs but apparently the local shop has some cctv of some lads from earlier. Shes more shocked than anything, but the good thing is they never harmed her. But there is a lot of red tape

over a year ago

That's the main thing. Is a pain to lose money, but health is important.

over a year ago

"Yes money in transit section will cover robbery with forceful/violent action. Theft like that is classed as opportunist.

With a crime ref they may look favourably on it, and if she can prove via accounting system the amount in transit.

I dont understand the in's and outs but apparently the local shop has some cctv of some lads from earlier. Shes more shocked than anything, but the good thing is they never harmed her. But there is a lot of red tape"

Not sure that would count as GIT as it was cash. Bet you find you have to have 'special insurance' to cover you for taking cash to the bank to pay in. Yet another way those parasites rip us all off.....

Hope your friend is okay though - that's more important xx

over a year ago

A year ago while delivering pizzas i had my car stolen. Because i didnt locked the door i couldnt claim. To make matters worse the police found the car and had it lifted and taken to a brakers yard. It cost me £180 to get my car back which took 3 days and i lost money because i couldnt work. The police were given the name if the guy that took my car and did nothing. Why do honest hard working people have to pay for criminals

over a year ago

"

Not sure that would count as GIT as it was cash. Bet you find you have to have 'special insurance' to cover you for taking cash to the bank to pay in. Yet another way those parasites rip us all off.....

"

If it were a shop or off policy normally money is included up to £5,000. This section includes cash in transit up to an inner limit. Depending on the the amount there will be a warranty to stipulate how many must accompany it, and how it must be done.

There would also be the excess to consider.

The reason the insurer's won't pay, is because the act was not robbery. I.e they did not hold her up for the money.

over a year ago

"

If it were a shop or off policy normally money is included up to £5,000. This section includes cash in transit up to an inner limit. Depending on the the amount there will be a warranty to stipulate how many must accompany it, and how it must be done.

There would also be the excess to consider.

The reason the insurer's won't pay, is because the act was not robbery. I.e they did not hold her up for the money.

"

Im not sure whats happening, all i know is the police are dealing with it at the moment, shes still in shock bless her. I just hope she can get some of it back, if not all. The lads who did it obviously had done it before as it was so quick, but it just shows how careful you have to be. But anyone would stop if someone was lying in front of there van and not moving, your hardly going to run them over

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

The money was stolen from her car so she was robbed.

over a year ago

"The money was stolen from her car so she was robbed."

In the eyes of the insurer it would be the money was left unattended and unsecure. There needs to be a forceable or violent act.

The reason being, who is to stop a scam being set up between friends.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is the condition of the policy.

I do also think a decent insurer may still look favourably on her.

By *ilk69Man
over a year ago

city.

i think who ever robed her new her movements. [scumbags i hope ther balls fall of

over a year ago

"i think who ever robed her new her movements. [scumbags i hope ther balls fall of "

Thats the thing they didnt, she had finished work and was going to the bank, forgot something and turned round. Even she didnt know she would be doing it. Complete opportunists, but it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt go from town to town doing it.

over a year ago

Thieving twats, glad your friend is ok. I'm thinking of a 100 weight and a bridge. My be harsh but it will teach others not to do it.

over a year ago

"

But anyone would stop if someone was lying in front of there van and not moving, your hardly going to run them over"

i dont know about that last bit. theres a lot of wild life that wander the streets around here that i wouldnt mind plowing into to remove from the human gene pool

By *orkscrew CurlsWoman
over a year ago

Loughborough Leics

" But anyone would stop if someone was lying in front of there van and not moving, your hardly going to run them over"

Sadly not everyone would. I would not stop to help a man apparently in distress as a lone female. My safety comes first. There have been many many cases of deception like this, women getting bundled into vans etc. I would lock my doors, drive a safe distance, keep and eye and call the authorities. That's the reality of the world today.

I hope your friend recovers soon, that the insurance so the right thing (doubtful) and that the thieves get the karma coming to them.

over a year ago

Thats a real bummer OP. Just shows how crap our society has become.

Read yesterday of a biker who fell off his bike and was quite badly hurt. People we looking after him and a guy went over to pick his bike up, checked it over , fired it up and rode off ...thieving git

over a year ago

"Thing is one of her insurances wont touch it cause its classed as in transit but obviously she had left the doors open. Shes being made to feel like the guilty party"
I hope that personally she is ok,the unfortunate side is the insurance companies have lots of little loopholes to get out of paying out,hope they get the thieving little bastards

Post new Message to Thread