Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Not much interest??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Im very new to this fairly young and single, honest and loyal why have I had not a lot of Interest. Some advise would not go a miss (

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Profile looks ok. But does sound like your looking for long term rather than fun. Also your one of many

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

2 weeks...sound like 2 minutes here. Wait....

And you said you in the military and not around often.

Do you think a lady will want a guy who is always absent?

over a year ago

Profile looks OK

You look OK

So heaven knows

Are you boring ?

over a year ago

Shop around for a better account? Try money supermarket.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/08/12 16:13:20]

By *onboy777Man
over a year ago

Newark

Just need to be patient you need to find a way to make yourself stand out form

the rest !! And thats hard work being a single male on here as there is plenty of us for women to choose from I'm having the same trouble but Rome wasn't built in a day !!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Get to know people by posting in the forums, maybe a rate my bum thread to start. Then get into something meatier like a 'would you...' thread.

You should expect your first meet at about the 6 month mark and after that it averages out at one a month (not counting holidays).

Also try cock shots with toy dinosaurs in them.

Good luck!

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

ur profile looks ok as do ur pictures so I would probably say that the inability to accomodate may be a factor and also that u stay ur will be away alot but dont state on ur profile if ur available at the moment or not. Might be an idea to add this little gem of information so people know weather its worthwhile contacting u or not. Also try the chat rooms and get to know folks in there. Hope this helps

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"2 weeks...sound like 2 minutes here. Wait....

And you said you in the military and not around often.

Do you think a lady will want a guy who is always absent?

"

As long as they turn up for a meet I couldn't care less what the rest of their diary looks like.

By *onboy777Man
over a year ago

Newark

"Shop around for a better account? Try money supermarket."

Or Go Compare !!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

James - welcome to Fab! You'll see a ton of forum posts here from single guys that struggle, especially when new, to get meets.

As said above, the better the profile, the easier it is - all other things being equal. I'd focus on adding your swinging/group experience, as it's not covered, as some will be happier with someone who's not a total newbie.

Once you've been verified by others, this should help too. This may take a little while, depending on who/when you meet. There are swinging clubs and socials that may be useful too. Realise you're not always in the UK, so whilst you're here, then do what you can. If abroad, and it's possible, then you can still chat and get to know people. You don't have to have met others for sex to become verified either. It may also be helpful to add details onto your profile upon what area you'd be looking for people within, how far you'd travel etc.

Overall, if you have tenacity, then you should be able to get success - just be aware that single guys outnumber all others by several trillion to one , making it a touch harder.

There are some fantastic people on fab, and another is always welcome. Good luck!

over a year ago

Unless you're The Fonz, you'll be waiting a long time.

Have patience, be nice when you message people and don't blow smoke up anyones arse.

(am I showing my age using Fonzie as an example??)

over a year ago

Not another one I'm going to start crying.....try moving to Manchester

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Where to begin on giving general advice to guys who haven’t hit the ground running…. hmmmm.

I think the usual stuff has been covered… profile, photos, etc.

OK, two things:

1 – compensate

2 – timing

Sometimes guys are told they need to put more effort in…. I don’t like referring to it as effort, it makes it sound like you should be made to work for something which is meant to be fun and recreational. But… unlike in a regular social setting where people can see you, you make lots of eye contact, read body language, pick up subtle flirting gestures, hear the changes in tone and get a much fuller picture of you……… on here it’s pretty much type on a page and a few snap shots. So what would be a good opener or approach in the flesh, doesn’t always work the same in a message. Hence the word ‘compensate’……… the more you can compensate for what is missing when you approach someone with a message, the more interest you will likely capture.

Timing is everything when your preference is spontaneity. Just as you are busy a lot of the time, quite often so are other people who are seeking the more spontaneous meets. This meeting malarkey is like a giant game of battleships….. E4 miss! They are looking for someone they can get to know. … J6 miss! They aren’t looking at the moment as they have someone lined up…. D8 miss! They just aren’t feeling the love in your message. But sooner or later, and it is partly down to pure luck…. B5 hit! They fancy a change, wanted something quick, you came along at the right time and place. Use the chatrooms, use the search functions, use meet today, use as much of the site as you can so they don’t miss you when sailing by on this great big ocean.

This is by no means a comprehensive guide, just a couple of things to think about.

Post new Message to Thread