Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tony Scott

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A dramatic end. He must have been in such torment. Peace now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Sad whenever anyone takes that option..

many more do so every day..

horrible

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

very sad indeed, poor man

sleep well x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

very sad when someone takes their own life!! My friend took hers a few years ago, yet she managed very well to hide the fact she was suffering,as she was always a very strong person.I had a very strong feeling to go visit her the night she died, but decided it was far to late to visit, I still wonder had i gone would things have been different!!!I think of her often, it leaves family and friends with the constant what iff....

over a year ago

A tragic loss, and the film industry has lost a true genius

over a year ago

Such s talented film maker. I very sad loss.

over a year ago

least he left a note hopefully explaining why he felt he had to jump and end his life. I think its selfish and torture for the family's of suicide cases where they will simply never know the reasons why.

over a year ago

"very sad when someone takes their own life!! My friend took hers a few years ago, yet she managed very well to hide the fact she was suffering,as she was always a very strong person.I had a very strong feeling to go visit her the night she died, but decided it was far to late to visit, I still wonder had i gone would things have been different!!!I think of her often, it leaves family and friends with the constant what iff.... "

That it does. Your visit may have delayed her suicide or it may have averted it but the not knowing can be tortuous. All you can do is accept that she was in pain and has gone, and is hopefully out of pain now. I am sorry for your pain in this.

over a year ago

"least he left a note hopefully explaining why he felt he had to jump and end his life. I think its selfish and torture for the family's of suicide cases where they will simply never know the reasons why. "

Suicide is indeed very selfish - but the pain, torment, that drives you to that place makes you both selfish and irrational about such things. When you feel that the world would be better off without you it is a short connection to thinking it is a selfless act. It is almost impossible to believe that anyone can understand the torment so there is little point in trying to examine it. If you are 'successful' and/or not known as even depressed it is even harder to expose that you are a flawed human being full of frailties.

My thoughts are with his friends and family wondering what they could have done differently.

over a year ago

"A tragic loss, and the film industry has lost a true genius "

R.I.P Tony sleep well

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I don't believe it is selfish but appreciates others might.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My sister lived with a guy 28 years older than her from the age of 17 they where blissfully happy. He hadnt told my sister so as not to worry her but was diagnosed with advanced cancer, he went and committed suicide and left a a letter for her. Shes never said what was in the letter. He just didnt want her to have to look after him with her being so young and he didnt have very long to live.

Post new Message to Thread