Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

As the site attracts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

more and more single males

does it make you want to look elsewhere for your fun or just put more effective filters in place ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Can never have to many men lol, as long as they are decent none whingers lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Can never have to many men lol, as long as they are decent none whingers lol"

over a year ago

With plenty of talent and an overriding wish to please

over a year ago

over a year ago

It's partly balanced by the ones who give up, get girlfriends (and are decent enough to leave or swing as a couple) or go off in a huff.

To an extent fresh meat is good

I can block single men whenever they get too much for me so no, I'm fine with it.

After all, a higher male to female ratio is allows women be so picky. Even the ones who shouldn't be able to (according to a frustrated sub-group of single guys)

over a year ago

"After all, a higher male to female ratio is allows women be so picky. Even the ones who shouldn't be able to (according to a frustrated sub-group of single guys) "

Oh that bit did amuse me

Ur wicked !

over a year ago

Not a problem...

It's just the same as when I go shopping - I don't look at every item in the store, I just find what I want!

And it's so easy to just pass by all those profiles with a one-line description and no photos....

over a year ago

I agree, new meat, something else to look at..all good!

over a year ago

"After all, a higher male to female ratio is allows women be so picky. Even the ones who shouldn't be able to (according to a frustrated sub-group of single guys)

Oh that bit did amuse me

Ur wicked ! "

Moi?

over a year ago

"

After all, a higher male to female ratio is allows women be so picky. Even the ones who shouldn't be able to (according to a frustrated sub-group of single guys) "

Oh - well said!!!

over a year ago

Its one of the reasons I try to make my profile stand out, right balance of pictures, what I want, what I don't want etc

over a year ago

Filters and blocking are soooooo useful

over a year ago

At least the ratio of men to women is not as sky-rocket high as other 'dating' sites, where it can be as much as 20:1

If you don't like us single fellas - just turn on your filters

And as there is sooo much competition it only makes us good 'uns try that much harder

and we're sure you might appreciate that

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"At least the ratio of men to women is not as sky-rocket high as other 'dating' sites, where it can be as much as 20:1

If you don't like us single fellas - just turn on your filters

And as there is sooo much competition it only makes us good 'uns try that much harder

and we're sure you might appreciate that "

Fab is not a dating site!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

doesn't bother me at all.... more the merrier and filters work well.

over a year ago

"more and more single males

does it make you want to look elsewhere for your fun or just put more effective filters in place ?"

I love men so very happy if thay are nice. xx

over a year ago

Never said it was ....

but I can't name and shame other adult hookup websites ....

over a year ago

Doesn't bother me in slightest as its not my target market!!

I don't see it as 'competition' - i'm me - end of! And if 'me' isn't what people are looking for then the number of other single guys out there doesn't make the slightest difference!

Sure - there are some looking for nothing more than a quick fuck, those looking to fantasise and just chat/cam - and of course those that look like extras from 'Deliverance'!!

But I'll just carry on being me and good luck to the rest!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Never said it was ....

but I can't name and shame other adult hookup websites ...."

However most men who are on here are also on well known dating sites..looking for love.. makes me chuckle.

over a year ago

What she said!

over a year ago

it seems to go through waves for us, sometimes we get loads of idiots, other times not so many, and by idiots i mean ones who havent read our profile and obviously arent what we are looking for.

when it gets to much we just use the filters.have noticed alot of new single women recently, maybe something to do with that book

over a year ago

"Never said it was ....

However most men who are on here are also on well known dating sites..looking for love.. makes me chuckle."

lol Its weird i have a man friend on the dating site say most men looking for sex but woman love .. and like fab better .

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Never said it was ....

However most men who are on here are also on well known dating sites..looking for love.. makes me chuckle. lol Its weird i have a man friend on the dating site say most men looking for sex but woman love .. and like fab better . "

Yes there are men looking for sex but there quite a few who want to find their soulmate... My soulmate is either dead, gay or emigrated....

over a year ago

"Never said it was ....

However most men who are on here are also on well known dating sites..looking for love.. makes me chuckle. lol Its weird i have a man friend on the dating site say most men looking for sex but woman love .. and like fab better .

Yes there are men looking for sex but there quite a few who want to find their soulmate... My soulmate is either dead, gay or emigrated.... "

Well i sall keep my fingers crossed you find him one day xx and if not have fun looking for him.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Never said it was ....

However most men who are on here are also on well known dating sites..looking for love.. makes me chuckle. lol Its weird i have a man friend on the dating site say most men looking for sex but woman love .. and like fab better .

Yes there are men looking for sex but there quite a few who want to find their soulmate... My soulmate is either dead, gay or emigrated.... Well i sall keep my fingers crossed you find him one day xx and if not have fun looking for him. "

Oh Jo I am having fun no fear in that one sweet cheeks...

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

does it make you want to look elsewhere for your fun or just put more effective filters in place ?"

eerrr no. it means more choice

over a year ago

need more women

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have wondered whether that book has led to an intensification of interest in seeking sex, rather than love, in both sexes. Although I understand the book has the traditional happy ending.

I think there will just be the usual turnover - some of the men will get fed up after a day and leave, disappointed that the mere act of joining the site didn't lead to a shag; some will stick it out and start to moan; some will strike lucky immediately and think they have found heaven on earth; some will find something more and leave or set up as couples on here; and so on.

When it gets too much I reset the filters but otherwise I let the messages come through and use them as a way of per... erm, examining, the newish men and their approach. Those with potential are given what I hope are helpful tips and the others are ignored.

over a year ago

More choice for sure, recently there's been quite a few fine men signing up locally.

over a year ago

All the site needs is a 'new single male' filter and the problem would be solved

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"All the site needs is a 'new single male' filter and the problem would be solved"

You can filter out newbies for their first week - and I do! But that's not quite what you meant in your artful way, is it?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

no, we enjoy the site as it is despite the minus points that go with this aspect etc..

just hope we dont reach the limit on our block function if there is one..

over a year ago

"All the site needs is a 'new single male' filter and the problem would be solved

You can filter out newbies for their first week - and I do! But that's not quite what you meant in your artful way, is it?"

Newbies includes new couples, the new single males out number them 20-1.

The couples attract the males, the males try their luck and most of the single males bombard the couples with cock pics and wanna fuck messages.

The couples complain and moan (see all the threads in the forums) a simple new single male filter would help reduce the grumbling and moaning.

As you said, its only for a week.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I dont think it does attract more and more men out of proportion to couples or women, but i do think it attracts men who think that it is some easy way to get their leg over... and those who see it as a cheaper alternative to the "advert in the phone box"....

what I think needs to be pronounced more is that swingers are after good sex, not just any sex.....

and when they work out it isn't.. they either go somewhere else... or moan, and complain....

the ones who do "get it" and understand swinging will always have a good laugh and will truely stand out... the others will just stand around.....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"All the site needs is a 'new single male' filter and the problem would be solved

You can filter out newbies for their first week - and I do! But that's not quite what you meant in your artful way, is it?

The couples attract the males, the males try their luck and most of the single males bombard the couples with cock pics and wanna fuck messages.

The couples complain and moan (see all the threads in the forums) a simple new single male filter would help reduce the grumbling and moaning.

As you said, its only for a week."

There is a single male filter that can be used whenever people want

over a year ago

As you said, its only for a week.

There is a single male filter that can be used whenever people want "

There didn't used to be did there?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

As far as I can remember there has been a male filter ....then Admin introduced a filter for all genders.

over a year ago

I find the responses here very interesting (and positive) because the consensus is the majority welcome new single males as long as they make the correct approaches.

That does fly in the face of what many believe to be the case.

So, am I right in thinking that as long as :

a) new single males approach members with some respect (and patience), and

b) members have effective filters in place that suit their needs

Then the world of Fab would be a happier place ?

Ruggers, you're in with the people at the top.

Make a suggestion !

All new members should be to unable send messages for the first week of joining.

All they can do is add pics and read the forums.

We should have the equivalent of an NVQ in Fab use !

Or maybe a pledge of allegiance :

I WILL BE PATIENT

I WILL BE RESPECTFUL

I WILL SPEAK TO COUPLES AND NOT JUST THE FEMALE

I WILL NOT START ANY MESSAGE 'NICE TITS'

I WILL NOT START ANY MESSAGE 'WANNA FUCK ?'

I WILL NOT SHOW MY COCK TO ALL AND SUNDRY

I WILL ALWAYS DO MY BEST TO SHOW UP FOR MEETS

and maybe a few more

That should shake things up a bit

By *..taijituCouple
over a year ago

00...Heaven...

Lmao, u causing trouble Mr? I love finding the fresh meat in chat rooms! I dont bother with men really, as not what is desired, but I am still able to appreciate a fine engine lol. I do on occasions tell someone via chat, or message if I found them a cut above. The wifey n I love to bully the boys and put them through their paces! It is all to easy to spot fake woman and couple profiles when we start. I sooooooo love fab!! Lolls xx

By *..taijituCouple
over a year ago

00...Heaven...

As I recall however, there are new waiting times for new users. You can only do certain things at certain times, and only once you have your verification etc... I found this all out after deleting a fabulous account for a new one four months or so ago xx

over a year ago

"Lmao, u causing trouble Mr? "

Nooooooooooooooooo

Not causing trouble

Just having some fun with silly suggestions

I am a good boy me

By *..taijituCouple
over a year ago

00...Heaven...

"

I am a good boy me

"

Aww, I believe ya

over a year ago

"

what I think needs to be pronounced more is that swingers are after good sex, not just any sex.....

"

definitely, like sampling new and exciting tastes... adventures in eclectic sexual experiences - something novel and enjoyable rather than something samey and mechanical.

and every chocolate in the box is different

so the more the merrier in all ways

Wolf

over a year ago

"At least the ratio of men to women is not as sky-rocket high as other 'dating' sites, where it can be as much as 20:1"

Bet it's somewhat higher than 20:1 on Fabs......

over a year ago

As we are not looking for single males they are blocked, some we meet at parties / clubs become friends so can get around the filter, none of the other bother us... so 10 to 1, 20 to 1, or 100 to 1 makes no difference to our enjoyment of Fab.

Though I do feel for the single females bulk deleting as they are overloaded and the few single males that get included in that bulk delete that were a match and did put the effort in.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"

I am a good boy me

Aww, I believe ya "

i dont

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"

I am a good boy me

"

You had an epiphany this weekend then

over a year ago

Oi !

Pair of ya

Cut it

I AM a good boy

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Oi !

Pair of ya

Cut it

I AM a good boy "

Yeo it says so on the loo walls

over a year ago

"Oi !

Pair of ya

Cut it

I AM a good boy

Yeo it says so on the loo walls "

I thought the loos at Boundary Mill had wipe clean walls ?

over a year ago

No as just lately I've been contacted by quite a few nice ones and to be honest, I can't be bothered nor do I have the time to manage another site

over a year ago

lately ive lost a little of the interest in meeting new people.

too many say they want to meet and never do,just want to be on the friends list etc.

site has served a purpose as i have been lucky to meet some lovely people including one i will be spending the weekend with.

but generally most woman are all talk because as it's been already stated they do have the pick because there are many men.

over a year ago

The reality is it attracts more of all groups and it will mean the more attractive people both physically and personality wise will still get meets unfortunately the less attractive will get looked over more.

There are filters available for people who do get inundated so rather than move on they will just use them or admin will introduce more as they won't want migration to other sites.

over a year ago

Widening the shag pool is fabby! I'm running out of men I haven't shagged. I've been on here for a few years now so I need some fresh unshagged ones.

over a year ago

"Widening the shag pool is fabby! I'm running out of men I haven't shagged. I've been on here for a few years now so I need some fresh unshagged ones. "

Hello baby!!

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

strange u shud mention it .. i updated message filters yesterday

over a year ago

elsehwere .

over a year ago

does it make you want to look elsewhere for your fun or just put more effective filters in place ?

The reality is it attracts more of all groups and it will mean the more attractive people both physically and personality wise will still get meets unfortunately the less attractive will get looked over more.

There are filters available for people who do get inundated so rather than move on they will just use them or admin will introduce more as they won't want migration to other sites. "

I think the existing filters work great. I forget there's a whole site outside the forums sometimes!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

There are filters available for people who do get inundated so rather than move on they will just use them or admin will introduce more as they won't want migration to other sites.

I think the existing filters work great. I forget there's a whole site outside the forums sometimes! "

Post new Message to Thread