Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sundays... n kids... opinions plz

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Me n the Mr are having exchanges of thoughts at the min on whatsapp.

His nephew is annoying him, I asked can he not go out to play? The ass was... It is Sunday... I obvi know this, but he seems along with parents along his mums road in London, that you keep the kids in on a Sunday!

1, this heat, if protected, they should b out enjoying it

2, cooking the family Sunday lunch whatever your making etc, it gets em out from under yer feet

3, better than having them stuck on consoles or tv....

Fair enough, if u go to church, have family round etc, I mean general Sundays. Is today not a normal day for kids to be kids n enjoy the sunshine?

L x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

my daughter currently out with friend playing for an hour or so . have to make most of the nice weather while we have it !

as you say if family coming over or other plans been made then no shed be in or told to be home before guests arrived ect. but some much better then being in frount of pc or tv!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No kids = bliss!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its a generation thing, we where out sundays, but i know my mums generation had to stay in and sunday was the day they where "allowed" to play with their best toy. But that was in the days the televison shut down so everyone could go to church.

over a year ago

Even if a child is protected from the sun with suncream etc i think sometimes it just can be simply too hot to be out. id prefer to avoid the hottest period of the day and wait til it cools down

over a year ago

Titch is off swimming with his friends. Sundays are for unwinding and enjoying his time away from school routine.

over a year ago

When I had kids at home I wouldn't let them go out until after 10 on Sunday morning so people could have a quiet lay in, after that they could go and play all they liked. Kids need sunshine and fun, too many don't see the light of day due to TV and computer games.

over a year ago

I was never allowed out to play on Sundays. The only place I was allowed to go was Sunday School and to my Grandparents. but playing in the street was a big no no.

It never did me any harm either .....

Mr Red.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I was never allowed out to play on Sundays. The only place I was allowed to go was Sunday School and to my Grandparents. but playing in the street was a big no no.

It never did me any harm either .....

Mr Red."

I was never allowed out to play on the street either, although i was allowed to go to the loacl park

over a year ago

Lol when I was wee, my brothers n I were called in for T n sent back out. Pretty much rain, hail, sleet or snow. My garden personally, has trees so if they chose to sit under for shade fair enough. It is warm out there, but I agree with others about making most of it, as long as plenty to drink an suncream an a wee spell indoors every so often to get out of it. I used to have a static down Selsey bay n as soon as it was 10am that was it, off to the park lol!

over a year ago

As kids we would be in the woods or down the river the long hot summer days. It was heven as a kid .. We lived ner the beach and we would go down in the evenings swim and have fish and chips .. with out loads of holiday people around.

over a year ago

My eldest daughter is of age where she goes off with friends often for the day, pure bliss, where as my youngest can only stay in the garden as she knows no danger and would be perfectly happy standing in the middle of the road flapping at the cars. Every other weekend i get to myself and i enjoy it to the full....

When i was a youngster back in the 60's me and my siblings were made to go to Sunday School which we hated with a passion lol ..... And the best part of Sunday for me was having tea with my grandad because i was the eldest grandchild i was allowed to sit next to him

over a year ago

"My eldest daughter is of age where she goes off with friends often for the day, pure bliss, where as my youngest can only stay in the garden as she knows no danger and would be perfectly happy standing in the middle of the road flapping at the cars. Every other weekend i get to myself and i enjoy it to the full....

When i was a youngster back in the 60's me and my siblings were made to go to Sunday School which we hated with a passion lol ..... And the best part of Sunday for me was having tea with my grandad because i was the eldest grandchild i was allowed to sit next to him "

aww, that is a lovely memory! X

over a year ago

"As kids we would be in the woods or down the river the long hot summer days. It was heven as a kid .. We lived ner the beach and we would go down in the evenings swim and have fish and chips .. with out loads of holiday people around. "

Yup yup, we have grabbed chippies n sat on picnic blankets all over the new forest, road sides n where ever we have been visiting lol. The local park last week then playing for an hour in the cooler evening, after visiting a friend for a few hours. Not the same I know lol, but still...

over a year ago

i understand why some people dont like their kids out on a sunday cause back in the day sunday was a family day but i was allowed out if i had done all my homework etc i remember going to my cousins 1 sunday and we were't allowed 2 use any electronic devices cause its the lords day or something like that

over a year ago

"i understand why some people dont like their kids out on a sunday cause back in the day sunday was a family day but i was allowed out if i had done all my homework etc i remember going to my cousins 1 sunday and we were't allowed 2 use any electronic devices cause its the lords day or something like that"

or the lecy was getting toppedd up on the Monday morn lol

over a year ago

"i understand why some people dont like their kids out on a sunday cause back in the day sunday was a family day but i was allowed out if i had done all my homework etc i remember going to my cousins 1 sunday and we were't allowed 2 use any electronic devices cause its the lords day or something like that

or the lecy was getting toppedd up on the Monday morn lol "

na he is very religious they let my cousin play for 1 hour because i was there

over a year ago

"i understand why some people dont like their kids out on a sunday cause back in the day sunday was a family day but i was allowed out if i had done all my homework etc i remember going to my cousins 1 sunday and we were't allowed 2 use any electronic devices cause its the lords day or something like that

na he is very religious they let my cousin play for 1 hour because i was theree"

out of interest.... If your cousin has kids, does he folllow from his own upbringing??

over a year ago

na he is very religious they let my cousin play for 1 hour because i was theree out of interest.... If your cousin has kids, does he folllow from his own upbringing??"

hell no he left the church as soon as he turned 16

my uncle is a Latter day saint which prohibits caffeine nicotine alcohol and 10% of wages have to go to the chapel of the 6 children he has only 2 have stuck to the religion

over a year ago

Lol ok.... Just being nosey

over a year ago

"Lol ok.... Just being nosey "

dont think it helped that there 15 yr old cousin was getting pissed every friday saturday night when they came round

over a year ago

"... Fair enough, if u go to church, have family round etc, I mean general Sundays. Is today not a normal day for kids to be kids n enjoy the sunshine?

L x "

Yes, but you should know by now that we are living in 'Paranoid Parents Land'... oh, and bone-bloody-idle parentsland too.... yet another sign of the times...

over a year ago

Indeedy.... Kids are allowed their opinions to be heard and given such a prominent say over everything these days too tho, so it is very hard at times... My princess is 7, I have it all already with attitude etc.... If she cannot be arsed, it is unlikely I can force an issue.

Post new Message to Thread