Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

tramp stamp

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's the best tramp stamp you've seen?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What is it?

over a year ago

a target or a landing pad

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"What is it? "

It's a tattoo on a woman's lower back just above her arse lol

over a year ago

Tramp Stamp” is a derogatory term referring to a tattoo which a women places on her lower back. It is especially popular among women born in the late 70’s, 80‘s, and even early 90’s. Fair or unfair, these tattoos have a socially constructed connotation associated with them.

over a year ago

"Tramp Stamp” is a derogatory term referring to a tattoo which a women places on her lower back. It is especially popular among women born in the late 70’s, 80‘s, and even early 90’s. Fair or unfair, these tattoos have a socially constructed connotation associated with them."
Tattos are not my gig but again if thats what turns you on then what is the issue. I would point out if I or a partner was going to have one done I would want to see it without the use of a mirror!

over a year ago

"What is it?

It's a tattoo on a woman's lower back just above her arse lol"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"What's the best tramp stamp you've seen? "

would it also be that if one of your close relatives had one?

over a year ago

Loads of women have tattoos on their lower backs, however, I don't usually pay much notice of them.

over a year ago

I always thought that a "tramp stamp" was a tattoo showing the 'ownership' of a prostitute (mainly latin american). Each pimp would have his own picture, abutterfly, a Chinese symbol, a snake, etc, usually pretty small but somewhere obvious so that competing pimps would know who each girl 'belonged to' and wouldn't try to steal them away.

over a year ago

I have always known this term to be for love bites on the neck... There u go lol

over a year ago

What about tattoos in other places and not at the bottom of the back, are these tattoos also tramp stamps or does is it only referring to the lower back. Seems daft to me

over a year ago

"What is it?

It's a tattoo on a woman's lower back just above her arse lol"

I don't understand your use of LOL?

over a year ago

"What about tattoos in other places and not at the bottom of the back, are these tattoos also tramp stamps or does is it only referring to the lower back. Seems daft to me "

I've heard it used to describe obvious small tattoos in other places like on the feet, ankles and wrists. I suppose that makes sense in the light of the "ownership"mark comment, which I've not heard before.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

What's it called if it's on a man?

over a year ago

"What's it called if it's on a man?"

Dick pic?

Shark mark?

over a year ago

tramp stamps was a lil trend afew years back. all the girls were getting them and yeh the placement is lower back above ur ass

am i really the only one that remembers this

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"tramp stamps was a lil trend afew years back. all the girls were getting them and yeh the placement is lower back above ur ass

am i really the only one that remembers this "

I remember, but I just thought of them as... tattoos. Silly me for not realising that branded ownership and trampiness is what it meant. Like many things, fashions start in one area and move into the mainstream without some of the original connotations. Look at the boys (and men!) wearing their trousers below their arse. Anyone remember where that started? (That last is rhetorical.)

over a year ago

I think that is rather a derogatory term as I have a friend who has her brother's name, date of birth and death tattooed across there

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

" Look at the boys (and men!) wearing their trousers below their arse. Anyone remember where that started? (That last is rhetorical.)"

That apparently started in American Jails and was a sign that the wearer was gay

over a year ago

The best one i've seen is a H.I.M. Heartagram logo one with colour. Looks pretty good. I think a lower back tattoo looks really attractive.

over a year ago

"I think that is rather a derogatory term as I have a friend who has her brother's name, date of birth and death tattooed across there "

that is sad but really dont get her thinking in the placement of a tattoo like that

over a year ago

"What is it? "

It's another Americanism.

over a year ago

"What's the best tramp stamp you've seen?

would it also be that if one of your close relatives had one? "

yep my sister has 1 i asked why she wanted a "tramp stamp"

over a year ago

"I think that is rather a derogatory term as I have a friend who has her brother's name, date of birth and death tattooed across there

that is sad but really dont get her thinking in the placement of a tattoo like that

"

It's an area less likely to get stretched and saggy with age. It's less likely to get a lot of sun exposure and fade.

Just my thoughts.

over a year ago

" Look at the boys (and men!) wearing their trousers below their arse. Anyone remember where that started? (That last is rhetorical.)

That apparently started in American Jails and was a sign that the wearer was gay"

Wasn't the out-turned pocket the sign of being gay in the prisons?

The droopy trousers started as something to do with the lack of belts but those who wore them at a certain level were showing the allegiance to the gangs in the system.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

" Look at the boys (and men!) wearing their trousers below their arse. Anyone remember where that started? (That last is rhetorical.)

That apparently started in American Jails and was a sign that the wearer was gay

The droopy trousers started as something to do with the lack of belts but those who wore them at a certain level were showing the allegiance to the gangs in the system."

That's correct. Ironically, one policeman told me that the introduction of that fashion made it easier to catch certain youths as they ran away.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

yep my sister has 1 i asked why she wanted a "tramp stamp""

so your definition of any woman having one is that they are a 'tramp'..

sad in 2012 that people still think this way..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

The droopy trousers started as something to do with the lack of belts but those who wore them at a certain level were showing the allegiance to the gangs in the system.

That's correct. Ironically, one policeman told me that the introduction of that fashion made it easier to catch certain youths as they ran away."

thought it was to imitate those on death row?

no belts etc..

over a year ago

sad in 2012 that people still think this way.."

not what i think at all i personally find these tattoos quite attractive and my sister is (to my knowledge very conservative) its just what they are called i dont mean it in a derogatory way

over a year ago

in Lancashire

sad in 2012 that people still think this way..

not what i think at all i personally find these tattoos quite attractive and my sister is (to my knowledge very conservative) its just what they are called i dont mean it in a derogatory way "

apologies, misconstrued your answer that you were of that opinoion..

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

That's correct. Ironically, one policeman told me that the introduction of that fashion made it easier to catch certain youths as they ran away.

thought it was to imitate those on death row?

no belts etc.."

I understood it to be from being arrested (belts and other potential weapons removed) through to incarceration.

Post new Message to Thread