Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

People asking for loans

Jump to newest

By *andare63 OP   Man
over a year ago

oldham

OK just seen a headline on a woman's profile saying help me out,, asking about online loans. I'm sure she had the same line last weekend. Isn't it against the rules? Do some blokes actually fall for that nonsense?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"OK just seen a headline on a woman's profile saying help me out,, asking about online loans. I'm sure she had the same line last weekend. Isn't it against the rules? Do some blokes actually fall for that nonsense? "

I had one asking for advice. Told her about SafetyNet. This seems the same. She’s asking I’m about online loans, not asking for a loan. There’s a difference.

By *uit and bootsMan
over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 11:23:18]

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You sure it was loaning not moaning? Typical woman

By *uit and bootsMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Misread the original post. Asking for money directly is definitely against the rules.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"Misread the original post. Asking for money directly is definitely against the rules. "

But looking at the opening post, she’s not asking for money directly. She’s asking for advice on online loans.

over a year ago

If people are asking for a loan from other people on here then I would report them.

If they are asking for advice then I would signpost them to a advisory service for professional help and advice.

NBVN x

over a year ago

"Misread the original post. Asking for money directly is definitely against the rules.

But looking at the opening post, she’s not asking for money directly. She’s asking for advice on online loans. "

It's a way to get round the site rules.

Nice man says awww luv don't worry I'll help you out......

By *andare63 OP   Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Misread the original post. Asking for money directly is definitely against the rules.

But looking at the opening post, she’s not asking for money directly. She’s asking for advice on online loans.

Nice man says awww luv don't worry I'll help you out...... "

Exactly my thoughts or maybe I'm just being cynical

By *uit and bootsMan
over a year ago

Manchester

And “let’s discuss it on Kik/WhatsApp so it’s easier” ie I’m gonna ask you for money off-site so you can’t report me.

Yes, this happened to me a good few years ago, but just about arranging a meet. You live & learn.

over a year ago

It happens! People will befriend you, really put on a persona that they're a great guy and for a whole year ‘build a friendship’ then they will tell you they've fallen on hard times (thanks covid!) but because they've never given you reason for caution, when they ask you to lend them £50 you do. They return the money but next month same issue so you help again right because they returned the money before. This time though them and the £50 go missing. No reply to messages nothing. They're still active on social media but no reply to your messages. Bye bye £50 and trust in people.

Its not just women who scam. Shitty people do shitty things.

By *andare63 OP   Man
over a year ago

oldham

"It happens! People will befriend you, really put on a persona that they're a great guy and for a whole year ‘build a friendship’ then they will tell you they've fallen on hard times (thanks covid!) but because they've never given you reason for caution, when they ask you to lend them £50 you do. They return the money but next month same issue so you help again right because they returned the money before. This time though them and the £50 go missing. No reply to messages nothing. They're still active on social media but no reply to your messages. Bye bye £50 and trust in people.

Its not just women who scam. Shitty people do shitty things. "

Sad but true

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"It happens! People will befriend you, really put on a persona that they're a great guy and for a whole year ‘build a friendship’ then they will tell you they've fallen on hard times (thanks covid!) but because they've never given you reason for caution, when they ask you to lend them £50 you do. They return the money but next month same issue so you help again right because they returned the money before. This time though them and the £50 go missing. No reply to messages nothing. They're still active on social media but no reply to your messages. Bye bye £50 and trust in people.

Its not just women who scam. Shitty people do shitty things. "

It's an awful reality,

By *heel markMan
over a year ago

beside the sea

A fool and his money are soon parted!!

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

Why did that thought not occur to me? I often spot those type of girls. Wouldn’t have thought once to offer a loan though.

Don’t even know her

Post new Message to Thread