Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Exposing yourself on the site...

Jump to newest

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

I was thinking about this the other day, and how having a face picture ( at least in the case of men ) on your profile would automatically increase your chances of "success" (and by success I mean finding and connecting with the right people). The majority of us would like to remain anonymous, maybe because in a sense we fear the consequences of us actually exposing our identity...and we tend to believe that our society has come a long way and most of it's prejudices have been long buried in the past,however there is still a stigma associated with sex, sexuality and sexual liberation (it's still very much hush hush and taboo for most people, like we as adults wouldn't know how to be discreet about it, yet not ashamed and honest about it). The truth is we shouldn't be hesitant about putting a face picture on this site, but we are, because we don't know how our friends and families and most importantly our co workers and employers would react - and if there would be a consequence to that (although I understand that some just want to be anonymous, just so they can be disrespectful and a degenerate without any repercussions). Here is my dilemma, at this moment in time I work for a private company, and none of my colleagues or employer would care if my face is on this site ( some of them might be here as well :P ) and what I do in my free time has nothing to do with my work. However my professional ambition is to be a physiotherapist and the objective is to get my qualification in the next year...that means that at some point I will be working for a clinic/hospital/NHS and rules and regulations are very much different when working in such an environment (even your behaviour and actions outside the working environment are monitored and considered) and I feel that me putting a face picture here, while working in that environment, would have some consequences. Anyways,what I would like to know is... for those of you who had the courage (which I applaud you for) to expose your identity, or at least your face, here...have you experienced any consequences, repercussion, or negative feedback from "society" ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I don't judge so it's my business

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fuckin hell Yasmeen that had me in stitches!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Fuckin hell Yasmeen that had me in stitches!"

Why

over a year ago

"I was thinking about this the other day, and how having a face picture ( at least in the case of men ) on your profile would automatically increase your chances of "success" (and by success I mean finding and connecting with the right people). The majority of us would like to remain anonymous, maybe because in a sense we fear the consequences of us actually exposing our identity...and we tend to believe that our society has come a long way and most of it's prejudices have been long buried in the past,however there is still a stigma associated with sex, sexuality and sexual liberation (it's still very much hush hush and taboo for most people, like we as adults wouldn't know how to be discreet about it, yet not ashamed and honest about it). The truth is we shouldn't be hesitant about putting a face picture on this site, but we are, because we don't know how our friends and families and most importantly our co workers and employers would react - and if there would be a consequence to that (although I understand that some just want to be anonymous, just so they can be disrespectful and a degenerate without any repercussions). Here is my dilemma, at this moment in time I work for a private company, and none of my colleagues or employer would care if my face is on this site ( some of them might be here as well :P ) and what I do in my free time has nothing to do with my work. However my professional ambition is to be a physiotherapist and the objective is to get my qualification in the next year...that means that at some point I will be working for a clinic/hospital/NHS and rules and regulations are very much different when working in such an environment (even your behaviour and actions outside the working environment are monitored and considered) and I feel that me putting a face picture here, while working in that environment, would have some consequences. Anyways,what I would like to know is... for those of you who had the courage (which I applaud you for) to expose your identity, or at least your face, here...have you experienced any consequences, repercussion, or negative feedback from "society" ?"

I'm afraid to say that in certain professional workplaces, there is still a stigma attached. I have been recognised on a previous profile and it hindered me. The thing that got me was the person who recognised me must have been ON fab! I was much more open about the kinkier side of my life on that profile though (see RACK) and was judged for that. I now keep myself more private and take less meets as a result but it really is worth it.

over a year ago

It's a tough one that dude! In reality you could go on Tinder and be a complete bastard but it would be acceptable. I took the pictures of my cock down (my face is prettier) just incase.

I don't think legally they could let it affect your job but we all know it's not quite like that.

If I went to physio I couldn't give a fuck what the therapist did.

over a year ago

I don’t put mine up not because I’m hiding it hiding it in shame but to ensure my son doesn’t suffer any consequences of it before he’s old enough to understand it.

Apart from that, there would be no consequence from it for me.

over a year ago

"I don’t put mine up not because I’m hiding it hiding it in shame but to ensure my son doesn’t suffer any consequences of it before he’s old enough to understand it.

Apart from that, there would be no consequence from it for me."

Your pictures are wicked dude!

over a year ago

"It's a tough one that dude! In reality you could go on Tinder and be a complete bastard but it would be acceptable. I took the pictures of my cock down (my face is prettier) just incase.

I don't think legally they could let it affect your job but we all know it's not quite like that.

If I went to physio I couldn't give a fuck what the therapist did. "

I'd like to amend this statement. I would give a fuck what the therapist did. It would be a bit shit if they just gave me leeches and told me to fuck off

over a year ago

In my profession, there would very definitely be consequences to being on here, as it would affect public trust in me. Not that it should, but it's written into my contract, so I would never publicly show my face on this site. Plus I also don't want to be walking down the street and have guys approach me while I'm with my family, shouting "hey kitty, nice pussy" which they definitely would.

If physio is your future ambition OP, I'd be very careful what photos you post online.

over a year ago

"I don’t put mine up not because I’m hiding it hiding it in shame but to ensure my son doesn’t suffer any consequences of it before he’s old enough to understand it.

Apart from that, there would be no consequence from it for me.

Your pictures are wicked dude!"

Thanks. I like yours!! Makes me want to raise hell with you!!

I suspect others are think it’s time we got a room.

over a year ago

Having a face picture public will not increase your chances whatsoever sorry to break it to you friend.

over a year ago

"It's a tough one that dude! In reality you could go on Tinder and be a complete bastard but it would be acceptable. I took the pictures of my cock down (my face is prettier) just incase.

If I went to physio I couldn't give a fuck what the therapist did.

I'd like to amend this statement. I would give a fuck what the therapist did. It would be a bit shit if they just gave me leeches and told me to fuck off"

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

I'm an ugly bastard with a fair sized cock. There I've said it

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 10:41:47]

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

"Having a face picture public will not increase your chances whatsoever sorry to break it to you friend. "

What makes you say that?

over a year ago

"Having a face picture public will not increase your chances whatsoever sorry to break it to you friend.

What makes you say that?"

Because you can send face pics privately with a message. Just upload them and put them to private ready to send when you try it on.

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"Having a face picture public will not increase your chances whatsoever sorry to break it to you friend.

What makes you say that?

Because you can send face pics privately with a message. Just upload them and put them to private ready to send when you try it on. "

Wrong, a lot of people won't send a first message to you if they don't see a face pic, I certainly won't.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I kind of agree with what you say about increasing your chances, I don't often send a first msg as most men have dick pics as their profile pic. If it was a face, I probably would.

I wouldn't put mine on though, for safety reasons and not wanting to be recognised in public or having someone think they can approach me.

over a year ago

What makes you say that?

Because you can send face pics privately with a message. Just upload them and put them to private ready to send when you try it on.

Wrong, a lot of people won't send a first message to you if they don't see a face pic, I certainly won't."

Do you message men with face pics ?!

By *amantha TSWoman
over a year ago

Swindon

I'm in the lucky position that I can have face pics on here and be different enough in male life that most people wouldn't make the connection.

However I disagree that face pics automatically means more interaction on the site. It may increase interest or make you more approachable, but don't think public face pics will instantly open doors that were previously closed!

As for the professional rationale - I can understand not having them public but once you know I'm not in your close knit circle of people who could "out" you I'd want to see your faces. Please. Attraction is key for me and the eyes say it all.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I heard recently of a lady who put her face pic up as part of a forum challenge. It ended with her encountering no end of problems. My advice would be don’t.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Having a face picture public will not increase your chances whatsoever sorry to break it to you friend. "

This.

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

What makes you say that?

Because you can send face pics privately with a message. Just upload them and put them to private ready to send when you try it on. "

Yes you can do that... but the chances that the message wouldn't automatically just get piled up under hundreds of other messages with dick pics, and actually ever get seen, are very slim. So technically, sending a message, where a woman can actually see your profile (face) pic before even reading your message, would increase your chances. Of course the context of the message is important, but I am talking about chances and probability...

over a year ago

Zip, nada, diddly squat repercussions so far. Can't exactly say it's improved my chances either squire. I can't decide if I'm just plane old fugly or a monstrous bore

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

Never been recognised or even approached. So either I’m an ugly fucker or society doesn’t care as much as people think.

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

What makes you say that?

Wrong, a lot of people won't send a first message to you if they don't see a face pic, I certainly won't.

Do you message men with face pics ?! "

I don't message men fullstop as they're not what I'm looking for.

I've seen some women on here with bodies that I really like but haven't messaged because I've not seen their face.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 12:19:33]

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

As a side point, a single guy with face pics will do better with us as they won’t be sneaking behind anyone’s back! Unless they’re really thick!

over a year ago

My default answer is I am single and I don’t have to explain myself to anyone. It is true employers would probably check you out on certain sites. But not on a swinger site.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Whoever finds you on this site must be on this site as well

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"Whoever finds you on this site must be on this site as well "

Especially when you make your profile hidden to none members.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I would never dream of exposing myself on this site

over a year ago

It's the internet and I have no control over who accesses it or what they may do with any pictures that are on show.

That's the reason I wouldn't show my face on a site like this

over a year ago

"I would never dream of exposing myself on this site "

Taken your lead ... I'm trying this exposing lark

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I would never publicly show my face on here, not so much for fear of being exposed at work, but for safety reasons. The potential consequences for a woman being recognised by anyone, not just a colleague, could be a lot worse than problems at work. I’ve had more than enough scary messages to make me sure that if one of those men recognised me when I’m out somewhere, I wouldn’t be safe.

over a year ago

What makes you say that?

Yes you can do that... but the chances that the message wouldn't automatically just get piled up under hundreds of other messages with dick pics, and actually ever get seen, are very slim. So technically, sending a message, where a woman can actually see your profile (face) pic before even reading your message, would increase your chances. Of course the context of the message is important, but I am talking about chances and probability..."

Yes fair point but I’d still argue if she ain’t gonna read your message the likelihood she will look at your profile is slim too mate

over a year ago

What makes you say that?

I've seen some women on here with bodies that I really like but haven't messaged because I've not seen their face."

Exactly so it’s completely different, men literally don’t receive messages.

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

What makes you say that?

I've seen some women on here with bodies that I really like but haven't messaged because I've not seen their face.

Exactly so it’s completely different, men literally don’t receive messages. "

Again, wrong. Men do receive messages and some do very well on here indeed.

It's down to how they present themselves and not because they are a man.

To claim that It's a numbers game or that there are too many men who ruin it for others by their behavior is being defeatist, its more often than not how you interact with others or approach them.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

What makes you say that?

To claim that It's a numbers game or that there are too many men who ruin it for others by their behavior is being defeatist, its more often than not how you interact with others or approach them."

Slightly disagree with you Sophie x

My closest friend thinks I do really well on here, but she doesn’t see the messages, the rejections, the being ignored by most.

over a year ago

What makes you say that?

To claim that It's a numbers game or that there are too many men who ruin it for others by their behavior is being defeatist, its more often than not how you interact with others or approach them."

You’re wrong and bring up completely random things I haven’t said. If you can find me 10 men who have received more than 10 messages off a women I’ll admit defeat.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

What makes you say that?

To claim that It's a numbers game or that there are too many men who ruin it for others by their behavior is being defeatist, its more often than not how you interact with others or approach them.

You’re wrong and bring up completely random things I haven’t said. If you can find me 10 men who have received more than 10 messages off a women I’ll admit defeat. "

I’ve had more than 10 today

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

What makes you say that?

You’re wrong and bring up completely random things I haven’t said. If you can find me 10 men who have received more than 10 messages off a women I’ll admit defeat.

I’ve had more than 10 today"

Actually I stand corrected, had 8 messages but all of them have had multiple replies lol

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

Having a face pic on here has had no negative effect for me with family, friends or work.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

My friends and family know me, I have no shame and I shouldn't because I'm here to have fun and doing nobody any harm

over a year ago

I've been okay. My husband knows I play, so do my friends and family, most of them have seen my profile in fact.

What I would want to avoid is my in-laws finding out, people at work, and getting approached randomly on the street. I have been recognised in public a few times, but nothing negative has come of it xx

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

What makes you say that?

You’re wrong and bring up completely random things I haven’t said. If you can find me 10 men who have received more than 10 messages off a women I’ll admit defeat. "

I’ve received more than 10 messages off women?

over a year ago

Most are just worried there wife/husband will spot them on here

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 14:30:12]

over a year ago

I would look at what your contract of employment says about social media use OP. Usually they are very vague but as fab is open to all admits it could also be classed as social media.

The advice is the same as all social media sites that you take the steps to protect yourself whatever that means to you

By *appypaul69Man
over a year ago

vale

It's all about discretion. Problem is and I know a few single men who use Fab as a notch on bedposts and brag and let the whole world know. They are the ones who spoil it, it's a Shame because Fab is a wonderful tool for like minded people.

I for one like to keep my discretion because its my business. The only people I share this info with is trusted like minded people

over a year ago

"I'm an ugly bastard with a fair sized cock. There I've said it "

Boris??

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"I would look at what your contract of employment says about social media use OP. Usually they are very vague but as fab is open to all admits it could also be classed as social media.

The advice is the same as all social media sites that you take the steps to protect yourself whatever that means to you"

Mine has a bring the company into disrepute on social media clause, I can't even crack a joke or respond to one about the company I work for if someone posts one or I'll be in the office being questioned about it. So I'm careful on all online presence as to what I say/do

By *aughtycp1Couple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'm well and truly exposed. X

Mrs N

By *lasphemousGirlWoman
over a year ago

Cambs

As long as face pics are forthcoming in messages then I don't mind them not being public on someone's profile, but I get your point OP sadly we live in a judgemental society and the need for some anonymity is still necessary unfortunately.

Especially if it could be held against you in any way.

It's not something that bothers me personally though I'm pretty distinctive so if you know me you know me face pic or not.

over a year ago

My first meet on here was with a couple who advised I remove my face pic as it could cause issues with work, given where I work they would probably be right but I will send a face pic with a message.

By *ovelaughliveCouple
over a year ago

Oldham

"In my profession, there would very definitely be consequences to being on here, as it would affect public trust in me. Not that it should, but it's written into my contract, so I would never publicly show my face on this site. Plus I also don't want to be walking down the street and have guys approach me while I'm with my family, shouting "hey kitty, nice pussy" which they definitely would.

If physio is your future ambition OP, I'd be very careful what photos you post online."

over a year ago

"I would look at what your contract of employment says about social media use OP. Usually they are very vague but as fab is open to all admits it could also be classed as social media.

The advice is the same as all social media sites that you take the steps to protect yourself whatever that means to you

Mine has a bring the company into disrepute on social media clause, I can't even crack a joke or respond to one about the company I work for if someone posts one or I'll be in the office being questioned about it. So I'm careful on all online presence as to what I say/do "

Most of the time they are so gauge such as yours that if they wanted to get rid of you they could use that clause for minor things

over a year ago

What makes you say that?

I’ve had more than 10 today

Actually I stand corrected, had 8 messages but all of them have had multiple replies lol"

8 brand new women have messaged you today ?

over a year ago

What makes you say that?

I’ve received more than 10 messages off women? "

You’ve had ten different women message you first ?

By *rMrs84Couple
over a year ago

Doncaster

Honestly we’ve stopped worrying. Ultimately a lot of the people who’s be likely to find us have quite…colourful pasts themselves. When we were young we were both very prudish and never slept around, we’re just catching up on that now

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

What makes you say that?

You’ve had ten different women message you first ? "

I've had more than that message me first, do I get a medal or something

over a year ago

What makes you say that?

You’ve had ten different women message you first ?

I've had more than that message me first, do I get a medal or something "

We have found one person now just another 9

Post new Message to Thread