Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Make up after break up?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok so making up after breaking up is akin to crawling “back” over broken glass. Discuss.

Agree/Disagree?

Thanks,

Paveway

PS. Sorry just feeling a bit bitter, twisted and wanting to move forward in life not back.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Depends on the reasons for the break up

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

No. Once it's over, it's over!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No dont look back

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

Best thing to do is cut all ties if possible. Moving on is quicker that way

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Bollocks to that

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I got shat on, so no way

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"I got shat on, so no way"

Kinky

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Once I've decided I've had enough of someone's bullshit then there's no way back. Might take me forever to get to that point, but once I have you don't exist to me anymore.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No. People don't change. Their priorities do.

over a year ago

It's so difficult because you might still have feelings and among the hurt there is knowledge and love, deep feelings never go away. If both people are still in love then i think they should go for it

over a year ago

Onwards and upwards!

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I dislike saying “never”. Setting those rules for ourselves often leads in us failing to live up to our own expectations. Why do that.

There will be many intricacies to the break up. But only you know if making up will make you happy and if you think it might then give it a go. Equally you don’t have to commit yourself to anything, you can just see. As long as you are honest with each other.

Sometimes we just have to test our feelings and that’s ok if you’re ok with it. If it feels like broken glass then maybe that’s your answer.

V x

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

If it's amicable then maybe as friends , but other than that , not a fucking chance .

over a year ago

"Once I've decided I've had enough of someone's bullshit then there's no way back. Might take me forever to get to that point, but once I have you don't exist to me anymore. "

This

over a year ago

Difficult because she’s really pretty, great sense of humour & her blow jobs are to die for.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"Difficult because she’s really pretty, great sense of humour & her blow jobs are to die for. "
doesn't matter how great the sex was mate, how funny or how attractive, dump on you once and the will do it again

over a year ago

No I dumped her.

over a year ago

"Difficult because she’s really pretty, great sense of humour & her blow jobs are to die for. "

It was true love then

over a year ago

"Once I've decided I've had enough of someone's bullshit then there's no way back. Might take me forever to get to that point, but once I have you don't exist to me anymore.

This "

I am exactly the same. I have this ability to completely close the book on that chapter of my life.

NBVN x

over a year ago

There’s obviously more to it than that but not really appropriate for this forum.

over a year ago

No. I have far too much self respect to go back.

over a year ago

"Once I've decided I've had enough of someone's bullshit then there's no way back. Might take me forever to get to that point, but once I have you don't exist to me anymore.

This

I am exactly the same. I have this ability to completely close the book on that chapter of my life.

NBVN x "

Hey you. I remember you from like yesterday!

over a year ago

This

NBVN x

Hey you. I remember you from like yesterday! "

Scratch that it was someone else with a very similar profile & username. You are both very hot. XX

over a year ago

This

NBVN x

Hey you. I remember you from like yesterday! "

Hello... its nice to be remembered, hopefully in a pleasant way otherwise its not me you recognise

NBVN x

over a year ago

This

NBVN x

Hello... its nice to be remembered, hopefully in a pleasant way otherwise its not me you recognise

NBVN x "

See above. Sorry XX Both very hot!

over a year ago

"Depends on the reasons for the break up"

This.

over a year ago

This

NBVN x

NBVN x

See above. Sorry XX Both very hot! "

By *aspberry nippleWoman
over a year ago

Crawley-ish

Your FIRST reason for considering a return to a relationship is her looks....? Really? (Shakes head in despair...)

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

No ..not in my case ...it just ain't ever going to happen

over a year ago

"Difficult because she’s really pretty, great sense of humour & her blow jobs are to die for.

Your FIRST reason for considering a return to a relationship is her looks....? Really? (Shakes head in despair...)"

Well it’s true,

1. She’s my best friend

2. She’s very attractive

3. She’s great in bed.

4. She’s clever

5. She’s great company

Also true but I’d get shot down by the fem bots...

6. She’s good with my kids

7. She cooks gear food

6. She cleans my house when I’m not looking. I can never find anything!

over a year ago

"Difficult because she’s really pretty, great sense of humour & her blow jobs are to die for.

Your FIRST reason for considering a return to a relationship is her looks....? Really? (Shakes head in despair...)

Well it’s true,

1. She’s my best friend

2. She’s very attractive

3. She’s great in bed.

4. She’s clever

5. She’s great company

7. She cooks gear food

"

So why did you dump her?

over a year ago

Well it’s true,

1. She’s my best friend

2. She’s very attractive

3. She’s great in bed.

4. She’s clever

5. She’s great company

7. She cooks gear food

So why did you dump her? "

And why are you on here?

over a year ago

Well it’s true,

1. She’s my best friend

2. She’s very attractive

3. She’s great in bed.

4. She’s clever

5. She’s great company

7. She cooks gear food

So why did you dump her?

And why are you on here?"

1. Already have X2 kids of my own to farther. X4 is a handful.

2. Living at hers 1/2 the week is a ball ache.

3. Knee jerk reaction to having my clothes and house keys returned.

4. Just want a simple life. Go to work, look after my kids. Get the odd shag. Go do adventure sports if time permits.

over a year ago

Good night & thank you. You may not realise it but it’s actually been a very useful chat.

Thank you,

Paveway

over a year ago

Well it’s true,

1. She’s my best friend

2. She’s very attractive

3. She’s great in bed.

4. She’s clever

5. She’s great company

7. She cooks gear food

So why did you dump her?

And why are you on here?

1. Already have X2 kids of my own to farther. X4 is a handful.

2. Living at hers 1/2 the week is a ball ache.

3. Knee jerk reaction to having my clothes and house keys returned.

4. Just want a simple life. Go to work, look after my kids. Get the odd shag. Go do adventure sports if time permits. "

Well if living at hers half the week and dealing with her kids on top of yours is too much for you then it would be better off to just leave her alone to find someone that will make the effort for her.

You want a single mans life style with all the benefits of a relationship. That’s not how it works.

over a year ago

"You want a single mans life style with all the benefits of a relationship. That’s not how it works.

"

No. You are wrong. I offered her & her kids my home.

My kids offered their bedrooms to her kids and take the smaller rooms because her kids would be here 100% not 50% like mine.

She wants her own house because then she gets a larger chunk of the equity in the house she is selling as a result of her ongoing divorce.

If she just moved in with me she would get 50% of the equity. If she holds out, buys her own house (mortgage free) then she gets 70% equity. She would then have to live in it 1 year to meet the minimum legal requirement.

Girls on the surface live with their hearts on their sleeves & romantics in all matters except when it comes to law & finances. Then they are fuckin Ninger accountants & well read lawyers. Period.

over a year ago

It shouldn't be imo

over a year ago

Sounds like a lucky escape for her....you sound like a nightmare

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

over a year ago

You can't blame a girl for looking after her and her kids future.

over a year ago

Just wow. She had a lucky escape. What is it with people like you expecting to be mothered in relationships but can't be arsed putting effort in?!

'She cooks, cleans, good with my kids, attends to my needs but I can't be arsed making compromises to be with her or making an effort with her kids because that's too much work

She dodged a bullet.

over a year ago

"Just wow. She had a lucky escape. What is it with people like you expecting to be mothered in relationships but can't be arsed putting effort in?!

'She cooks, cleans, good with my kids, attends to my needs but I can't be arsed making compromises to be with her or making an effort with her kids because that's too much work

She dodged a bullet."

Hang on a minute. I’ve offered to put a roof over her head & father her kids, my kids sacrifice their rooms to make way for her kids but she’s wants to wait around to fulfil legal obligations so she can legally rinse her ex to the max?

Errrrr - I think I’ve dodged a bullet don’t you?

over a year ago

all incredibly superficial reasons to want to be with someone - quite possibly a doomed relationship from the get go if thats all that attracts you

over a year ago

"Just wow. She had a lucky escape. What is it with people like you expecting to be mothered in relationships but can't be arsed putting effort in?!

She dodged a bullet.

Hang on a minute. I’ve offered to put a roof over her head & father her kids, my kids sacrifice their rooms to make way for her kids but she’s wants to wait around to fulfil legal obligations so she can legally rinse her ex to the max?

Errrrr - I think I’ve dodged a bullet don’t you? "

no you want everything on your terms , if you dont want to spend 50% of your time in her house why should she and her kids have to spend 100% in yours?

relationships are about compromise

over a year ago

She dodged a bullet.

no you want everything on your terms , if you dont want to spend 50% of your time in her house why should she and her kids have to spend 100% in yours?

relationships are about compromise "

FFS. No the only reason we are together is because we are best friends. We’ve known each other for 7+ years. Started shagging X4 years ago. “Official relationship” 2-3 years.

Kids need their space. School night means they need a proper nights sleep, school uniforms in the morning etc. I can’t expect her kids to live here 50% of the week. They need stability, they need to know where their stuff is at, they need a proper home.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

[Removed by poster at 29/05/21 07:16:00]

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"[Removed by poster at 29/05/21 07:16:00]"

Why make someone a priority in your life, when you are just an option in theirs

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/05/21 07:22:03]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 29/05/21 07:16:00]

Why make someone a priority in your life, when you are just an option in theirs"

Definitely a rule i now live by

By *erdy NancyWoman
over a year ago

East Devon

She dodged a bullet.

Surely though, her looking after her finances and her/her kids future is a positive thing? Rather than relying on you? I really can't see what problem you have, and why couldnt you divide you kid free time and spend at her house? Give her kids their stability? Make staying at yours more an adventure not a chore?

By *erdy NancyWoman
over a year ago

East Devon

Why make someone a priority in your life, when you are just an option in theirs"

I like this!!!

over a year ago

This.

over a year ago

Always move forward never look back or heartache will always follow.

over a year ago

Ok, read the whole thread and have to put my tuppeny-worth in, sorry if you dont like it OP.

GIVE YOUR HEAD A WOBBLE!

If its worth it, and you listed a lot of positives, then give it time. 1 year living apart is nothing, in the grand scheme of things. When she is free you could buy a place together with rooms for All the kids just make sure you both get out the same proportion you put in, financially

Then look at the freedom you will have to be properly together, with her knowing her childrens' futures are secure.

You should be dragging your testicles over broken glass to get back to her, look at all the freedom you have to love each other and still retain your own hobbies and that sort of thing.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

If it aint working and you can't fix it then bite the bullet and move on.

Otherwise you'll be in this Groundhog loop of bitching and moaning and feeling sorry for yourself.

And that's no fun for anyone involved.

Good luck OP.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Only if what caused the break up can be fixed. Often a break up happens in a flurry of strong emotions and once cool heads prevail a solution can be found. But maybe I'm an optimist and the ones who say move on are probably correct.

over a year ago

"You want a single mans life style with all the benefits of a relationship. That’s not how it works.

No. You are wrong. I offered her & her kids my home.

My kids offered their bedrooms to her kids and take the smaller rooms because her kids would be here 100% not 50% like mine.

She wants her own house because then she gets a larger chunk of the equity in the house she is selling as a result of her ongoing divorce.

If she just moved in with me she would get 50% of the equity. If she holds out, buys her own house (mortgage free) then she gets 70% equity. She would then have to live in it 1 year to meet the minimum legal requirement.

Girls on the surface live with their hearts on their sleeves & romantics in all matters except when it comes to law & finances. Then they are fuckin Ninger accountants & well read lawyers. Period. "

Well she sounds smart to be honest. Why wouldn’t she go for 70%. She’s looking out for herself and her children’s future.

I’m not sure why you would want her living with you anyway considering you find having 4 kids a handful, if you can’t cope with 50% of the time then you won’t cope 100% of the time.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

"Hang on a minute. I’ve offered to put a roof over her head & father her kids, my kids sacrifice their rooms to make way for her kids but she’s wants to wait around to fulfil legal obligations so she can legally rinse her ex to the max?

We only know one side of this story, she’s not on here to tell hers or I presume she’s not on Fab?

We certainly don’t know what happened with her ex before, father of her children and she may really need that extra money for the future. Be financially secure in her own right and have enough to find sonewhere for the children and her. Especially if things don’t work out with you OP, which it sounds like they haven’t.

over a year ago

She dodged a bullet.

relationships are about compromise

FFS. No the only reason we are together is because we are best friends. We’ve known each other for 7+ years. Started shagging X4 years ago. “Official relationship” 2-3 years.

Kids need their space. School night means they need a proper nights sleep, school uniforms in the morning etc. I can’t expect her kids to live here 50% of the week. They need stability, they need to know where their stuff is at, they need a proper home. "

If the only reason you are together is because you are best friends then do her a favour and leave her and her kids alone.

Post new Message to Thread