Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Plastic lawns

Jump to newest

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

The in thing it seems?

A good alternative or yet more future plastic pollution?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Plastic lawns should be banned; they are hideous.

And furthermore, as these disintegrate into smaller pieces of plastic, waterways are polluted with microplastics.

In hundreds of years from now, when the oceans are polluted with microplastics, people will wonder why the manufacture of plastics was permitted, almost unrestricted.

Grow a natural lawn; grass is a very robust plant, particularly when different seed varieties are combined to form a durable and attractive matrix, that is free draining, and causes no enduring harm to our fragile environment.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The poor birds these days, with people block paving, gravelling and now plastic faded blue shit where lawns and bushes used to be

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"Plastic lawns should be banned; they are hideous.

And furthermore, as these disintegrate into smaller pieces of plastic, waterways are polluted with microplastics.

In hundreds of years from now, when the oceans are polluted with microplastics, people will wonder why the manufacture of plastics was permitted, almost unrestricted.

Grow a natural lawn; grass is a very robust plant, particularly when different seed varieties are combined to form a durable and attractive matrix, that is free draining, and causes no enduring harm to our fragile environment."

over a year ago

I have fake grass best thing I’ve ever done

over a year ago

I don’t like it, horrendous alternative imo.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I don't like it, it's like a dessert in your own garden. What about our wildlife and what about flooding in certain areas?

Plus my mate who has it has s growing through it and she has to wash it down and Hoover's it to keep it nice. Doesn't seem that low maintenance to me personally

over a year ago

Hang on I take my comment back, it's probably plastic lawn shaming and I wouldn't want to offend anyone about their gardening kinks, even if they are killing the birds and hedgehogs and contributing to flood risk

By *rPeachyMan
over a year ago

Bristol

They're horrendous

over a year ago

"The poor birds these days, with people block paving, gravelling and now plastic faded blue shit where lawns and bushes used to be "

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

You see many houses with plastic cladding, plastic lawns and even plastic fencing!

Each to their own but I don’t think I could stand to be surrounded by plastic everything.

By *eyondhornyMan
over a year ago

Abercynon-ish

I do have a green plastic watering can.

For a fake Chinese rubber plant,

In fake plastic earth.

But I draw the line at astro turfing my lawn. My multi generational herd of hedgehogs would not approve.

By *ugarbearCouple
over a year ago

Tredegar

Would it burnt my arse being fucked on a plastic lawn

By *RSTCouple
over a year ago

S. Northants

We've used it on the walls around our hot tub to soften the area. It looks really nice and was easy to do.

We're tempted to use it out the front, but purely because the builders didn't put enough soil down so grass can't grow evenly there. It's a fairly small area where no birds go due to the foot traffic, it's purely aesthetic. I enjoy mowing the lawn out the back so will never replace the lot.

over a year ago

I think they look silly.

They're bad for wildlife.

They're gonna end up in a bin some day.

They just seem a bit pointless to me.

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Where would my guinea pigs graze?

over a year ago

"Hang on I take my comment back, it's probably plastic lawn shaming and I wouldn't want to offend anyone about their gardening kinks, even if they are killing the birds and hedgehogs and contributing to flood risk "

Along with all the people that kill s using “harmless, environmentally friendly” home made killer of vinegar, water and washing up liquid. It kills all the insect life - just hand .

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

To be fair, I'm going to cut the grass today and it looks like a hay field because of all the rain we've had, so would like it at the moment

over a year ago

"Hang on I take my comment back, it's probably plastic lawn shaming and I wouldn't want to offend anyone about their gardening kinks, even if they are killing the birds and hedgehogs and contributing to flood risk

Along with all the people that kill s using “harmless, environmentally friendly” home made killer of vinegar, water and washing up liquid. It kills all the insect life - just hand ."

Sorry I forgot when I wrote this I included a forbidden word so it got deleted. It’s about removal

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

It has a place! For instance elderly that cant now the grass but still want one! I have no lawns but I do have some fake grass in one of my fairy gardens x

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

[Removed by poster at 28/05/21 14:53:37]

over a year ago

it would be ok if they looked better, but they dont, growing and looking after a lawn isnt hard, if you cant be bothered to cut grass get a robo mower

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

My neighbour has fake grass. Often see her out there hoovering it.

over a year ago

"Plastic lawns should be banned; they are hideous.

Grow a natural lawn; grass is a very robust plant, particularly when different seed varieties are combined to form a durable and attractive matrix, that is free draining, and causes no enduring harm to our fragile environment."

This

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"it would be ok if they looked better, but they dont, growing and looking after a lawn isnt hard, if you cant be bothered to cut grass get a robo mower"

I've hears nothing but shit abiug them. My mate has brittle bones and she was nominated and Ground force did her garden for the show and gave her one of those. She said it was a pile of wank and if you don't have it going all the time as it can only be used on quite short grass. Dosmt collect it either. Mind you they didn't do a great job over all.

By *aughtyYorkGentMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

One of the truly great inventions of the 20th century. I'm planning to have it installed soon, as my friends have, so that I can get rid of my mower, killer etc.

Some fake lawns are incredibly realistic these days, but their look and resistance varies a lot, so it's worth going to a company with lots of recommendations and examples of their work.

Now, where's that number, before they go the way of plastic straws and carrier bags...

over a year ago

Mowed a plastic lawn once ... eeek

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

I absolutely love my fake grass. Best thing I ever did to my garden.

over a year ago

We all know that plastic isnt good for the environment and therefore us ( if you need to be selfish about it)

Sometimes we have to buy things that are made out of plastic or contain plastic even though we dont really want the plastic because there are no non plastic alternatives.

But when plastic is a deliberate lifestyle choice? .....come on people we can do better than this

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

If hoovering the lawn takes as long as mowing, then what’s the point?

By *iss_KateTV/TS
over a year ago

Redhill

"The poor birds these days, with people block paving, gravelling and now plastic faded blue shit where lawns and bushes used to be "

Not just birds it impacts.

And now humans want to move to Mars so we can destroy and ruin that too

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"it would be ok if they looked better, but they dont, growing and looking after a lawn isnt hard, if you cant be bothered to cut grass get a robo mower"

They look very realistic! And when I had lawns they took more time to keep nice than rest of garden with mowing edging etc! Dont get me wrong I wouldn't like a plastic one! As I find lawns boring! I just grow plants! X

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I don’t like it. We’re a corner house & our front garden is full of bushes, plants & bird feeders so I can watch them as I work.

T grows & sells plants for a living.

J x

over a year ago

They're very... human. Don't want to deal with nature? Remake it in long lasting and hard wearing plastic.

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

"If hoovering the lawn takes as long as mowing, then what’s the point?"

I’ve never hovered mine

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Other posters above saying it’s necessary?

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"If hoovering the lawn takes as long as mowing, then what’s the point?

I’ve never hovered mine "

I swear to goodness my mate does, she doesn't like the bits on it

over a year ago

Pave paradise, or in this case plastic it.

over a year ago

I rent, my landlord has written into my contract that Ablosulty nothing was to be planted in the horrific prison courtyard style garden as future tanants might not look after it.. I've layed a 4x4 meter artificial lawn and a deck, have spent loads on pots and planters and hanging baskets so there are flowers and bushes to attract wildlife... My garden is so much better for the wildlife now than it was before and it looks like a normal functioning garden on the only way ami was aloud to do it... Its not always possible to lay a real lawn and artifical grass is an alternative for people that still like to see green in there garden, it might not be ideal but I think it's better than concreat everything? As for the plastics I would argue that because they last fir so many years that its not an awful lot of plastic in the grand scheme of things... If its down 5 years I bet I will throw away twice as much plastic in that time just in the pointless plastic wrappers they put on things like veg in the supermarket.... With all the discussing waist of plastic and pollution going on on on the world singling out fake grass seems like a silly thing to focus on

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I rent, my landlord has written into my contract that Ablosulty nothing was to be planted in the horrific prison courtyard style garden as future tanants might not look after it.. I've layed a 4x4 meter artificial lawn and a deck, have spent loads on pots and planters and hanging baskets so there are flowers and bushes to attract wildlife... My garden is so much better for the wildlife now than it was before and it looks like a normal functioning garden on the only way ami was aloud to do it... Its not always possible to lay a real lawn and artifical grass is an alternative for people that still like to see green in there garden, it might not be ideal but I think it's better than concreat everything? As for the plastics I would argue that because they last fir so many years that its not an awful lot of plastic in the grand scheme of things... If its down 5 years I bet I will throw away twice as much plastic in that time just in the pointless plastic wrappers they put on things like veg in the supermarket.... With all the discussing waist of plastic and pollution going on on on the world singling out fake grass seems like a silly thing to focus on"

Agreed! In the grand scheme of things! Compared forinstance to polution from cars etc is nothing! X

over a year ago

If I didn’t have rabbits that needed to eat the grass I would get fake grass but as it stands I never have to mow the grass as the rabbits keep it short

By *stwo7478Couple
over a year ago

bristol

What about all the plastic sex toys are these just as bad and end up in the sea

over a year ago

Neighbours have fake plastic grass, looks awful!

By *ichi_acerMan
over a year ago

notts

"Would it burnt my arse being fucked on a plastic lawn "

Definitely

By *ichi_acerMan
over a year ago

notts

All the plastic lawns look abit rubbish that I’ve seen and get full of moss