Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bringing snacks into office on your birthday

Jump to newest

By *arkcrystal OP   Man
over a year ago

Bristol

I personally don't mind it. I quite like feeding people!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adetMan
over a year ago

Just South of Ipswich

When I first started working I thought it was a wind up. I was used to people buying me the cake on my birthday

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I never do it. In fact you won’t find me anywhere near my office on my birthday. The thought of walking in with a loads of cake and someone has put a balloon on my desk sends shivers down my spine.

And no, if others bring cake etc for their birthday I don’t partake either. I will put into a collection etc though if buying gifts.

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

"I never do it. In fact you won’t find me anywhere near my office on my birthday. The thought of walking in with a loads of cake and someone has put a balloon on my desk sends shivers down my spine.

And no, if others bring cake etc for their birthday I don’t partake either. I will put into a collection etc though if buying gifts."

Chilli chocolate and don't tell anyone? You'll never be expected to do it again

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I work in a place that does this. There’s always a cake knocking around for some reason or other.

If people want to, then that’s fair enough, it makes for a nice environment.

I don’t eat it though and I’m not working on my birthday either, so it’s a bit lost on me

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

The company I worked for before retiring. This used to happen on each shift. I have a friend who is married to an Asian female and lives there. When visiting them , was surprised that if someones birthday. They were the ones to treat friends, close family etc, by taking out for drinks or meal. Although not full bill.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

It was getting out of hand, at a previous company.

So they decided to buy a cake once a month dedicated to everyone whose birthday fell in that month.

Waistlines reduced!

Post new Message to Thread