Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meets are available Again!

Jump to newest

By *azpiz1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Camberley

Not sure if you spotted this, but Fab are allowing us to post meets again!!

Now, who's first?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Sadly I think you’re a bit late to that party!! It was opened up on 17 May & my local updates have been full of meets & verifications since

J x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'll use my common sense and personal responsibility.

Not meeting.

By *azpiz1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Camberley

"Sadly I think you’re a bit late to that party!! It was opened up on 17 May & my local updates have been full of meets & verifications since

J x"

Ah, my bad.. I just spotted it...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I'll use my common sense and personal responsibility.

Not meeting."

Implied: anyone meeting now lacks these attributes

Laux

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sadly I think you’re a bit late to that party!! It was opened up on 17 May & my local updates have been full of meets & verifications since

J x

Ah, my bad.. I just spotted it..."

It's good to be enthusiastic .

Will you be planning anything?

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Amazingly lots of the veris being shown are for meets that happened during lockdown and restrictions!

over a year ago

Not meeting.

Laux"

well said its officially allowed by govt even fabswingers has opened up the meetings section after more than a year

I agree if you dont want to meet then dont thats up to you but dont demonise those that have followed the rules all along now wanting to meet now its allowed again

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Amazingly lots of the veris being shown are for meets that happened during lockdown and restrictions!"

Many from parties in January and February, when we weren't even supposed to visit each other

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Amazingly lots of the veris being shown are for meets that happened during lockdown and restrictions!

Many from parties in January and February, when we weren't even supposed to visit each other "

Yup and not just the odd one or two load's and that's just on local updates.

over a year ago

"Amazingly lots of the veris being shown are for meets that happened during lockdown and restrictions!

Many from parties in January and February, when we weren't even supposed to visit each other

Yup and not just the odd one or two load's and that's just on local updates."

At least it shows who to avoid.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not meeting.

Laux"

If you wish to read that in, that is your prerogative.

By *r-OreoMan
over a year ago

telford

Not meeting.

Laux

If you wish to read that in, that is your prerogative. "

Lol

over a year ago

Not meeting.

Laux

If you wish to read that in, that is your prerogative. "

At least own the sly dig you made.

By *irty desireWoman
over a year ago

newcatle

Not meeting.

Laux

At least own the sly dig you made. "

Dig away.. we all going to do whatever we want! Doesn’t mean I don’t have common sense.

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

Not meeting.

Laux

well said its officially allowed by govt even fabswingers has opened up the meetings section after more than a year

I agree if you dont want to meet then dont thats up to you but dont demonise those that have followed the rules all along now wanting to meet now its allowed again "

Absolutely this. I didn't even realise that meets were enabled again to be honest, but so long as its legal no one has any moral right to cast judgement really. Your attitude to risk is not necessarily the same as someone else's.

That said, it's strange that legality is the yardstick for morality with Covid, as though the government has never gotten it wrong at any point. Just because the government chooses to make something illegal, does that inherently make it morally wrong? What about smoking ? Millions of people in the UK do that illegally, and I wouldn't consider it wrong - I'd consider the law antediluvian and in dire need of reform, and that's from someone who doesn't partake. This is the same government who have made inroads into outlawing bdsm or other less vanilla sexual activity. Would you consider a swingers to be devoid of common sense or personal responsibility if the government made it illegal? Food for thought.

By *irty desireWoman
over a year ago

newcatle

I am meeting and a going to get full of dic and vage!!!

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

"I am meeting and a going to get full of dic and vage!!! "

At the same time!? How does one fill themselves with vag

over a year ago

Not meeting.

Laux

I agree if you dont want to meet then dont thats up to you but dont demonise those that have followed the rules all along now wanting to meet now its allowed again

Absolutely this. I didn't even realise that meets were enabled again to be honest, but so long as its legal no one has any moral right to cast judgement really. Your attitude to risk is not necessarily the same as someone else's.

That said, it's strange that legality is the yardstick for morality with Covid, as though the government has never gotten it wrong at any point. Just because the government chooses to make something illegal, does that inherently make it morally wrong? What about smoking ? Millions of people in the UK do that illegally, and I wouldn't consider it wrong - I'd consider the law antediluvian and in dire need of reform, and that's from someone who doesn't partake. This is the same government who have made inroads into outlawing bdsm or other less vanilla sexual activity. Would you consider a swingers to be devoid of common sense or personal responsibility if the government made it illegal? Food for thought. "

By *irty desireWoman
over a year ago

newcatle

"I am meeting and a going to get full of dic and vage!!!

At the same time!? How does one fill themselves with vag "

Going to rub my face all over it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not meeting.

Laux

At least own the sly dig you made. "

In the last year the cry of Fab has been personal responsibility, common sense, and individual choice.

If these things are truly to be respected, then they're to be respected in all directions.

We've been told throughout this, on here, not to judge people's individual choice. That they can come to their own decisions.

So... Do the same.

over a year ago

Not meeting.

Laux

In the last year the cry of Fab has been personal responsibility, common sense, and individual choice.

If these things are truly to be respected, then they're to be respected in all directions.

We've been told throughout this, on here, not to judge people's individual choice. That they can come to their own decisions.

So... Do the same."

You could have expressed your choice in a different way to soften it a bit

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Not meeting.

Laux

That said, it's strange that legality is the yardstick for morality with Covid, as though the government has never gotten it wrong at any point. Just because the government chooses to make something illegal, does that inherently make it morally wrong? What about smoking ? Millions of people in the UK do that illegally, and I wouldn't consider it wrong - I'd consider the law antediluvian and in dire need of reform, and that's from someone who doesn't partake. This is the same government who have made inroads into outlawing bdsm or other less vanilla sexual activity. Would you consider a swingers to be devoid of common sense or personal responsibility if the government made it illegal? Food for thought. "

I think only an idiot wouldn’t have pondered the difference between law and morality/decency.

Take hitlers Germany - it was against the law for Germans to help Jews - and the French in occupied France etc - with the harshest consequences possible - and yet thousands did!

I have my own moral compass - as we all do - which has little to do with the law. Should buying a sausage roll (other snacks are available) or drink for the homeless become a crime then I’d still commit said crime.

Back to meeting though - if the right person or people come along then yes - absolutely - but I had zero luck finding a suitable bubble buddy last year (remember those?) - so I’m not holding out much hope now either!

over a year ago

"We've been told throughout this, on here, not to judge people's individual choice. That they can come to their own decisions.

So... Do the same."

I'm not judging your choice not to meet, but you have to admit your comment was provocative.

You would also be hard-pressed to deny that you have not done any judging yourself throughout the past year. As we all have.

Laux

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

Not meeting.

Laux

That said, it's strange that legality is the yardstick for morality with Covid, as though the government has never gotten it wrong at any point. Just because the government chooses to make something illegal, does that inherently make it morally wrong? What about smoking ? Millions of people in the UK do that illegally, and I wouldn't consider it wrong - I'd consider the law antediluvian and in dire need of reform, and that's from someone who doesn't partake. This is the same government who have made inroads into outlawing bdsm or other less vanilla sexual activity. Would you consider a swingers to be devoid of common sense or personal responsibility if the government made it illegal? Food for thought.

I think only an idiot wouldn’t have pondered the difference between law and morality/decency.

Take hitlers Germany - it was against the law for Germans to help Jews - and the French in occupied France etc - with the harshest consequences possible - and yet thousands did!

I have my own moral compass - as we all do - which has little to do with the law. Should buying a sausage roll (other snacks are available) or drink for the homeless become a crime then I’d still commit said crime.

Back to meeting though - if the right person or people come along then yes - absolutely - but I had zero luck finding a suitable bubble buddy last year (remember those?) - so I’m not holding out much hope now either! "

"I think only an idiot wouldn’t have pondered the difference between law and morality/decency."

Bit of a string statement that don't you think?

There's plenty of folks who've only ever pondered about what's for dinner, which is completely fine. Much easier and more stress free way to live. But yes, if there's some sort of sliding scale for how law abiding a person is, that's not by any means a measure of how moral a person is. Certainly there's an overlap (most people would agree this it's both illegal *and* immoral to murder someone), but they're separate things.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"We've been told throughout this, on here, not to judge people's individual choice. That they can come to their own decisions.

So... Do the same.

I'm not judging your choice not to meet, but you have to admit your comment was provocative.

You would also be hard-pressed to deny that you have not done any judging yourself throughout the past year. As we all have.

Laux"

I've done plenty of judging.

I made a statement about my stance. If anyone's stance is supposed to be valid, according to the common mantra on Fab, then so is mine.

over a year ago

Not meeting.

Laux

So... Do the same."

Of course... because you never judge other peoples choices.

You made a sly dig and then you couldn’t own it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not meeting.

Laux

So... Do the same.

You made a sly dig and then you couldn’t own it. "

You're entitled to your feelings.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Not meeting.

Laux

Back to meeting though - if the right person or people come along then yes - absolutely - but I had zero luck finding a suitable bubble buddy last year (remember those?) - so I’m not holding out much hope now either!

There's plenty of folks who've only ever pondered about what's for dinner, which is completely fine. Much easier and more stress free way to live. But yes, if there's some sort of sliding scale for how law abiding a person is, that's not by any means a measure of how moral a person is. Certainly there's an overlap (most people would agree this it's both illegal *and* immoral to murder someone), but they're separate things. "

Doesn’t that depend who you contemplate murdering? I mean - I’d practically be doing society a favour if I killed a few people who spring to mind!

Re string statement - possibly - most people I’m close to think as randomly as I do!

over a year ago

Not meeting.

Laux

So... Do the same.

You're entitled to your feelings."

Just saying it how it is.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not meeting.

Laux

So... Do the same.

You're entitled to your feelings.

Just saying it how it is. "

Ok

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

Not meeting.

Laux

There's plenty of folks who've only ever pondered about what's for dinner, which is completely fine. Much easier and more stress free way to live. But yes, if there's some sort of sliding scale for how law abiding a person is, that's not by any means a measure of how moral a person is. Certainly there's an overlap (most people would agree this it's both illegal *and* immoral to murder someone), but they're separate things.

Doesn’t that depend who you contemplate murdering? I mean - I’d practically be doing society a favour if I killed a few people who spring to mind!

Re string statement - possibly - most people I’m close to think as randomly as I do! "

Hah, yes perhaps a poor example. Although I'm sure there's people who'd claim that no one's life should ever be taken by another human regardless of the situation. But wanting to murder my neighbours because they park like asshats is - for example - probably not the best justification in the world.

Anyhow, all the best with the hunt for a bubble buddy to bang

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Thanks lovely - though I think bubble buddy was very 2020 - I’m back to a few fwb’s now - if I can find someone localish who is sane, attractive, fun a and not addicted to or moody as hell!

It’s been difficult!

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

"Thanks lovely - though I think bubble buddy was very 2020 - I’m back to a few fwb’s now - if I can find someone localish who is sane, attractive, fun a and not addicted to or moody as hell!

It’s been difficult! "

Good grief, sane *and* attractive!? I've been trying to organise a meet with a single guy for C, and have already had 4 people let us down when arranging dates or shortly after. Hard work finding someone even semi-articulate who's decent and reliable!

By *azpiz1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Camberley

Try being a single guy in his (very) late 50's...

Post new Message to Thread