Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Thursday Rant day

Jump to newest

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

It might not have the alliteration associated with other daily threads but don’t let that sway you from posting!

Post your rant here and I shall either approve or deny your wrongful or righteous ranting request

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Morning Tea. Face mask spots ! I wear a mask all day for work and have bloody teenage spots as a result.

over a year ago

Staff with no commitment.

ARGHHHHHHH.

I feel better now already. Thanks Tea.

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Morning Tea. Face mask spots ! I wear a mask all day for work and have bloody teenage spots as a result. "

As much as it’s important that we all wear them, it’s irritating as hell. Approved

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Staff with no commitment.

ARGHHHHHHH.

I feel better now already. Thanks Tea. "

Working hard or hardly working?

Approved.

Work shy ass hats

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

My mini rant will be about self styled saphiophiles who've jumped on a bandwagon to try and appeal to the "more intelligent" women they think they deserve who soon revert back to habit and try and steer every, single, fecking conversation back to sex. Honestly, I don't find your attempt at pseudo-psychological sex talk arousing Sebastian. Sorry.

I'm so annoyed I've forgone necessary punctuation to give that angrily typing and not pausing for a breath feel to my words.

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"My mini rant will be about self styled saphiophiles who've jumped on a bandwagon to try and appeal to the "more intelligent" women they think they deserve who soon revert back to habit and try and steer every, single, fecking conversation back to sex. Honestly, I don't find your attempt at pseudo-psychological sex talk arousing Sebastian. Sorry.

I'm so annoyed I've forgone necessary punctuation to give that angrily typing and not pausing for a breath feel to my words."

Liars innit

Approved

over a year ago

"My mini rant will be about self styled saphiophiles who've jumped on a bandwagon to try and appeal to the "more intelligent" women they think they deserve who soon revert back to habit and try and steer every, single, fecking conversation back to sex. Honestly, I don't find your attempt at pseudo-psychological sex talk arousing Sebastian. Sorry.

I'm so annoyed I've forgone necessary punctuation to give that angrily typing and not pausing for a breath feel to my words."

That was excellent. I was quite breathless by the end of that; my heart thumping and blood boiling!! When will you be running for Parliament?

over a year ago

distractions.

now that ive handed my dissertation in (yay me ), i am minus distraction.

and i don't like it.

i need things to do, to fill my every waking moment so i don't have time to think or feel anything.

recommendations to me inbox please.

Px

over a year ago

Oh, sorry, Meli’s rant roused me to the point of distraction.

My rant is my phone’s constant betrayal at my attempt to spell and write with proper grammar with its insistence on autoINcorrecting me at every turn turning messaging a rant such as this into a marathon or back sliding to correct every other word!!

Phew, there, I tried that in the same fashion as Meli’s. Not sure if it worked as well as hers but I feel better.

Thank you Tea Monkey.

over a year ago

"Morning Tea. Face mask spots ! I wear a mask all day for work and have bloody teenage spots as a result. "

Wipe your face with a tea tree (or other spot focused) wet wipe occasionally through the day - even just at lunchtime should help. Also avoid sugary / fatty foods as it's your breath inside the mask that's causing the zits. Having said all this, I still have a big juicy spot right in the middle of my chin!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"distractions.

now that ive handed my dissertation in (yay me ), i am minus distraction.

and i don't like it.

i need things to do, to fill my every waking moment so i don't have time to think or feel anything.

recommendations to me inbox please.

Px "

Was there a rant in there or just a humble brag?

Denied for being smug

over a year ago

"Morning Tea. Face mask spots ! I wear a mask all day for work and have bloody teenage spots as a result.

Wipe your face with a tea tree (or other spot focused) wet wipe occasionally through the day - even just at lunchtime should help. Also avoid sugary / fatty foods as it's your breath inside the mask that's causing the zits. Having said all this, I still have a big juicy spot right in the middle of my chin! "

Ah thank you Yes, a regular wipe over is a good idea.

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Oh, sorry, Meli’s rant roused me to the point of distraction.

My rant is my phone’s constant betrayal at my attempt to spell and write with proper grammar with its insistence on autoINcorrecting me at every turn turning messaging a rant such as this into a marathon or back sliding to correct every other word!!

Phew, there, I tried that in the same fashion as Meli’s. Not sure if it worked as well as hers but I feel better.

Thank you Tea Monkey."

Turn off the settings. Technology learns from how we phrase or words we frequently use.

Denied

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

People in general at the moment. Too many wallies crossing my path. But to be fair may be my lack of resilience to idiots who knows.

Other than that builders who don't turn up on the day stated arghhh

over a year ago

The ridiculous threads on the virus room. I haven’t known so many ‘experts’ in one place before. Many seem to be all for choice as long as it’s based on not getting vaccinated or conspiracy theory against controlling groups that want to know everything about us etc.

over a year ago

"Oh, sorry, Meli’s rant roused me to the point of distraction.

Thank you Tea Monkey.

Turn off the settings. Technology learns from how we phrase or words we frequently use.

Denied"

That would explain it then. My phone is a few days old and insists on spelling everything the American way and why does it keep changing my “and” to “abs”. I am certain I do not use the word abs anywhere near as often as I use and.

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"People in general at the moment. Too many wallies crossing my path. But to be fair may be my lack of resilience to idiots who knows.

Other than that builders who don't turn up on the day stated arghhh"

Approved on both counts.

People... just...

No

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"The ridiculous threads on the virus room. I haven’t known so many ‘experts’ in one place before. Many seem to be all for choice as long as it’s based on not getting vaccinated or conspiracy theory against controlling groups that want to know everything about us etc. "

Denied. The virus room is there to keep them all together in one place, for collective culling... possibly.

Don’t go in!

over a year ago

"The ridiculous threads on the virus room. I haven’t known so many ‘experts’ in one place before. Many seem to be all for choice as long as it’s based on not getting vaccinated or conspiracy theory against controlling groups that want to know everything about us etc.

Denied. The virus room is there to keep them all together in one place, for collective culling... possibly.

Don’t go in! "

That is so true. I hadn’t thought about it that way

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I really, really don't like my manager.

He cares more about providing metrics to higher ups to show the performance of the team and constantly chases people to check things are done on time to drive those metrics. However, he doesn't look at obvious issues with current processes and changes that would improve quality going forward and doesn't provide advice on what people under him can do to improve and progress. When you ask him a question too, he'll just direct you to another senior member of staff because he knows nothing

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I really, really don't like my manager.

He cares more about providing metrics to higher ups to show the performance of the team and constantly chases people to check things are done on time to drive those metrics. However, he doesn't look at obvious issues with current processes and changes that would improve quality going forward and doesn't provide advice on what people under him can do to improve and progress. When you ask him a question too, he'll just direct you to another senior member of staff because he knows nothing "

Sounds like every middle manager in every company in the world. I think that there’s a mould somewhere.

Approved

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm so annoyed I've forgone necessary punctuation to give that angrily typing and not pausing for a breath feel to my words.

That was excellent. I was quite breathless by the end of that; my heart thumping and blood boiling!! When will you be running for Parliament?"

Oh once I UNLOS from here. Parliament is definitely my calling, thank you for recognising that.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Lego sets with missing pieces.

My camper van is stuck in limbo with 2 missing bits to make it complete!

Sure I can request replacements for free, but its still my time and energy...

I may as well not have bothered!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

That was excellent. I was quite breathless by the end of that; my heart thumping and blood boiling!! When will you be running for Parliament?

Oh once I UNLOS from here. Parliament is definitely my calling, thank you for recognising that. "

Cool, I’ll just screen shot your profile for blackm**l/government access later

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Lego sets with missing pieces.

My camper van is stuck in limbo with 2 missing bits to make it complete!

Sure I can request replacements for free, but its still my time and energy...

I may as well not have bothered!"

In addition to the time and energy that you’ve invested, Lego have also given you the gift of anticipation...

Wait for it...

By *ohnny_ThunderMan
over a year ago

LLandudno

My cat sleeps outdoors at night. But when I let her in for breakfast, the first thing she does is pee in the cat litter tray. Why can't she pee outside?

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Denied

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"My cat sleeps outdoors at night. But when I let her in for breakfast, the first thing she does is pee in the cat litter tray. Why can't she pee outside? "

Is this a rant?

She’s saving your neighbours gardens and lawns.

Denied

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

That can’t be all of the rants!

over a year ago

IT'S NOT FRIDAY!!!

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

My laptop that I purchased for personal use is having a meltdown and not co-operating due to being used for work purposes since Lockdown1.

When it finally gives up the ghost (quite likely doing so as I type) my manager will expect me to buy another laptop out of my own pocket so I can carry on working from home!

I could easily be back in the office again but the manager enjoys sitting on their sofa watching netflix to much for that!!!

over a year ago

Heavy Duty Heat Sealed packaging on children's toys - what's that all about

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I'm stuck in a hospital bed in the worst pain I've ever felt (and I live with sciatica every day) having had an emergency OP yesterday. I'm not being listened to with regards to pain relief and all I can do is cry constantly.

And they won't agree to sedate me, induce a coma, give me the good painkillers I know I can take because I actually have them on prescription at home or give me a sharp knife.

Rant over.

over a year ago

"I'm stuck in a hospital bed in the worst pain I've ever felt (and I live with sciatica every day) having had an emergency OP yesterday. I'm not being listened to with regards to pain relief and all I can do is cry constantly.

And they won't agree to sedate me, induce a coma, give me the good painkillers I know I can take because I actually have them on prescription at home or give me a sharp knife.

Rant over."

((hugs))

By *angria_girlukWoman
over a year ago

LUTON

Boss who scolded me for not updating the spreadsheet. If she was so perfect she would have remembered that she had already signed off the document in question.

"Please ensure the spreadsheet is updated promptly"

Fuck only been waiting 13 days for you to authorise the spending.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I'm stuck in a hospital bed in the worst pain I've ever felt (and I live with sciatica every day) having had an emergency OP yesterday. I'm not being listened to with regards to pain relief and all I can do is cry constantly.

Rant over."

Ouch! Hug to you, hope they crack out the good meds for you soon

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"IT'S NOT FRIDAY!!! "

That’s correct!

Denied

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"My laptop that I purchased for personal use is having a meltdown and not co-operating due to being used for work purposes since Lockdown1.

When it finally gives up the ghost (quite likely doing so as I type) my manager will expect me to buy another laptop out of my own pocket so I can carry on working from home!

I could easily be back in the office again but the manager enjoys sitting on their sofa watching netflix to much for that!!! "

Businesses should provide reasonable equipment or reimbursement for use of personal equipment in the process of working.

Allowed

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Heavy Duty Heat Sealed packaging on children's toys - what's that all about "

Nothing is more protected or harder to get into than child’s toys.

They should use that packaging on cars, no one would be injured ever again!

Allowed

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Rant over."

Doctors are assholes.

Allowed.

I hope you’re feeling better soon and they give you the good stuff

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Boss who scolded me for not updating the spreadsheet. If she was so perfect she would have remembered that she had already signed off the document in question.

Fuck only been waiting 13 days for you to authorise the spending. "

Buck passing ass hats.

Allowed

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Needing scissors to cut the ties and make use of the new scissors you just bought!

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

People... Just people end of

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Needing scissors to cut the ties and make use of the new scissors you just bought! "

Catch 22 situation. Deviously brilliant and darkly humorous.

Denied simply because it’s funny

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"People... Just people end of "

Yes. Same

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"People... Just people end of "

*nods sagely*

Allowed.

over a year ago

When you go out of your way to meet some for a social , drive 20 odd miles and everything was cool - and dont bother to turn up and then feckers (MF Couple) feck off the site grrrrrrrrrrrrr

By *angria_girlukWoman
over a year ago

LUTON

"Boss who scolded me for not updating the spreadsheet. If she was so perfect she would have remembered that she had already signed off the document in question.

Fuck only been waiting 13 days for you to authorise the spending.

Buck passing ass hats.

Allowed"

Thank you

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"When you go out of your way to meet some for a social , drive 20 odd miles and everything was cool - and dont bother to turn up and then feckers (MF Couple) feck off the site grrrrrrrrrrrrr

"

I doubt that it was actually a couple. Allowed

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Yum-yums are not big enough, and go too quickly

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Yum-yums are not big enough, and go too quickly "

All good things in moderation.

Denied

over a year ago

"When you go out of your way to meet some for a social , drive 20 odd miles and everything was cool - and dont bother to turn up and then feckers (MF Couple) feck off the site grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I doubt that it was actually a couple. Allowed "

I did wonder that to be honest

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

My face is as red as a beetroot today as I was a dick and forgot my sunscreen can I have some overcast clouds please

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"My face is as red as a beetroot today as I was a dick and forgot my sunscreen can I have some overcast clouds please "

The sun’s been out for half a minute!

Denied.

You can get a parasol and some after sun though

over a year ago

"IT'S NOT FRIDAY!!!

That’s correct!

Denied"

I'm back to rant that my rant was denied.

over a year ago

Oh once I UNLOS from here. Parliament is definitely my calling, thank you for recognising that. "

You have my vote! Please don’t be the parties with L in their names!!!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"IT'S NOT FRIDAY!!!

That’s correct!

Denied

I'm back to rant that my rant was denied. "

Erm...

still denied

Post new Message to Thread